THE BROWNS BOARD

Quinn to be released

Thaak

That's unfortunate, I've always really pulled for the kid. I wonder where he will end up, if released?

I wonder how DA is spending his large signing bonus the Cardinals lured him with?

Maybe the Browns could sign him back up?

No?

The question had to be asked.

I hope he does because that would make Josh McDaniels the dumbest SOB to ever work in the NFL. He gave us two draft picks and Payton Hillis for him. Then he trades up to get Tebow and then wants to dump BQ? All of this after he shipped Cutler and then Marshall out of town. Denver must be ready to burn this dude in the middle of town.

I know it's just a rumor but so was trading Cutler and them being interested in Quinn to begin with.

I hope he does because that would make Josh McDaniels the dumbest SOB to ever work in the NFL. He gave us two draft picks and Payton Hillis for him. Then he trades up to get Tebow and then wants to dump BQ? All of this after he shipped Cutler and then Marshall out of town. Denver must be ready to burn this dude in the middle of town.

I know it's just a rumor but so was trading Cutler and them being interested in Quinn to begin with.

Does it break your heart if Denver sucks? Not mine.

(but I do like McDaniels, being a local kid. He was born here in Barberton, and grew up just down the block from my sister-in-law in Plain Twp. She told me he used to ride his bike around the neighborhood all the time)

(but I do like McDaniels, being a local kid. He was born here in Barberton, and grew up just down the block from my sister-in-law in Plain Twp. She told me he used to ride his bike around the neighborhood all the time)

I know a retired cop from Barberton. First name is Kenny.

Maybe the Browns could sign him back up?

No?

The question had to be asked.

Careful, Zombo's gonna punch you...........

I was truly amazed we got anything close to what we did for him. I guess sometimes -especially with Qb's- the hype machine can keep you around for longer than you might merit. All my harsh comments aside, BQ has a tiny bit of value as a 3rd stringer or an emergency guy in terms of composure on the field.

So glad we got rid of him and got a player who could impact our team in the process.

That would be the death knell on his potential career as a starter in the NFL....... DONE stick a form in him if that happens

Denver must be crazy to do that considering Tebow may never have the chops to be a starter or even a backup in the NFL........

That would be the death knell on his potential career as a starter in the NFL....... DONE stick a form in him if that happens

Denver must be crazy to do that considering Tebow may never have the chops to be a starter or even a backup in the NFL........

I think the BEST thing BQ could do now is go to Canada, get some serious playing time and hope he can figure out why he sucks. (or what caused it) I can see why Denver is interested in Tebow seeing the field , they invested a first round pick in the kid. Of course they SHOULD wait to play him at QB...but hey, if they don't....good luck on all of that.

That's funny because He used the live around the corner from me when he was is middle school. We played backyard football in Jackson Township.

This by far is the dumest post of all time!! Where is the link for the rumor? Sure he may end up getting released but it wont be before training camp and pre season... Even then it is doubtful..

I hate Quinn but this would be dumb.. I guess Seneca maybe released also???

Is Quinn that bad ? I thought maybe he didn't get his chance to progress or something like that but maybe he wasn't worthy of being a number one pick ?

BQ didnt get a fair chance to progress with the browns but whats more baffling to me is the unknown reasons why..it was more than just DA being here too, if you have a first rounder you believe is the future you dont leave him sitting behind a 6th round interception machine i suspect bq just couldnt cut it in the nfl for one or more unknown reasons and the browns chose to sit on that information rather than deal him when he had value...he at minimal couldnt do what the browns wanted him to do and likely didnt get along with daboll or mangini well and we know he is a smartass so who knows...

I believe that there is still an underlying cancer on this team that we cant see as clearly as the staff that deals with them and BQ could have been a part of it, i can tell you there is still a few other guys that may need to go as well..mangini really set this club back at least an extra year by not dealing with the whole housecleaning job in the offseason his first year but at least its being done now..

not gonna happen.....he's not that worthless.

I agree....I can't imagine they would give up on him this early after trading for him.....UNLESS.....Quinn threw a hissy with the drafting of Tebow and started throwing things and calling the coach every name in the book.

Brady knows he is chopped liver now that Tebow is in town. Most fans aren't going to be calling his name.

I don't know how possible that might be, but BQ would have to have gone from pretty happy to ticked knowing the Broncos had traded for him to hearing the Commish say " The Broncos select Tim Tebow, QB, Fla."

I don't like Brady all that much but that would have to be like a punch in the gut.

Anybody know....not speculate...know how the fan reaction was when Quinn came on board??

Happy, ticked, or who cares???

A couple of ways on bouncing the BQ situation around I guess.

1. The first thing the gets me is, how do you draft a number one QB and allow DA to upset the drafting process. I knew it was a huge mistake for the Browns to start their own QB debate.

2. If they knew or realized BQ was not the answer so quickly then why in the heck did they draft him ? What did they see prior to the draft about the mighty eskimo that they no longer banked upon once he joined the team ?

3. I didn't know BQ is or was a smart mouth; was he that way or act like this to the media ?

4. Did the Broncos say Tebo is going to have his chance of being the QB ? I doubt they had taken on BQ without knowing whom they would be interested in. Tebo will be a TE H-back or just for specialty plays.

5. I can't believe what has gone on with the Broncos since their head coach has taken over. It's a joke IMHO.

NFL Network's Mike Lombardi believes Brady Quinn will get a chance to compete for the starting job in Denver.

This caught our attention because Lombardi has spent a lot of time with Josh McDaniels recently and usually has an inside track on all things Broncos. McD has said Orton is the starter, which we don't doubt. But it wouldn't shock us to see Quinn have a chance to pass him, especially if Denver starts slow.

Tebow needs work on his QB mechanics and would benefit by sitting a year....

However he's one hell of an athelete and is a winner to boot, so maybe the tight end / h back option is not too far fetched...

I think the competition this year is between Orton & Quinn....

Peace

T.Dawg

Archived