THE BROWNS BOARD

some Cleveland help

sisky fringo

i am in the process of doing some preparations to help make my 2010 season a lot more kickass. the main problem i'm facing is i recently moved out of the area and can no longer get the games locally. in the past i could always head to my old man's where he was at least able to pull in Youngstown over the air and see the games on a 13" set as a last resort. well, that was only good for half the games, but i was usually working then anyway.

anyway, i have Directv here and if i tell them i moved to Cleveland i can get half the games crystal clear and basically free. i can also probably get STO too which would also boost my season a bit. B)

so...i just need a Cleveland address to use as my home address to give to Dtv...any ideas? i auto-pay the bill every month (it's linked to my checking acct), i'm enrolled in paperless billing, and i do everything online so someone at that address would not even know...but i'd rather they did and for it to be somewhere "safer" rather than" random".

any samaritans out there feel like helping a brother out? well if you know anyone in CLE that would be willing to allow me to use their mailing address simply for "faux" account location i'd greatly appreciate it. since it's not for billing purposes i hope someone out there will extend a hand. it can be anyone, preferably someone who doesn't have Dtv now...obviously there couldn't be two addresses to the same place. even if they do that's still as easy as just adding an apt #.

oh, and if you live in the CLE area, have Dtv with the Sunday Ticket, and just feel like ordering another card for me to slide into my DVR to "piggyback" off of...i won't object to that one bit either. ;) i would obviously compensate you greatly (monthly, whatever) in that case.

here's a little more history on the b.s. i usually deal with. i know it's not the worst situation in the world but it's no place for a fan to be and i'm a good cause taboot.

before the '09 season i usually worked every Sunday except for one or two games. the first year i didn't have to work every Sunday and i couldn't get any games in (!). i don't want that happening again.

my attempt at watching the '09 season online sucked royally, although i did find out what an obnoxious "rewinder" i am, and not having the ability at times was excruciating to me. honestly though talking to you folks in the chats was probably the only redeemable quality about it.

most times i gave up the glitchy online torture by halftime and just went to Hooters up the street. i was fortunate enough there that when they had the Browns on one of the main screens (main feeds) they could make another game really loud in the restaurant and still provide me with one of the little table speakers. well, that happened once. as one could imagine, not much catering to Cleveland in Denver.

my local Browns Backer's bar, The Retreat, is fun and an all day affair (gets packed quick) but it's not something i want to do every week.

i got NFL Sunday Ticket for two years ('07,'08) but they only aired the away games (!). i don't really watch or follow any other teams or games so paying for it just for 8 games really sucks (but having them indefinitely on the DVR was AWESOME!). i'd love to be able to just get Brownie games and stuff at a different price point than "all or nothing". "shortcuts" was cool and i might catch a game that way...but i digress.

i generally spend $20 + every time i go to a sports bar to see the game so financially it kinda evens out. if they showed all 16 games i'd be way ahead but again, i digress.

if i can find an address to use for Dtv i should be set for the home games at least, barring a blackout obviously. if i can at least get that in place then i can decide what to do about the away games from there.

My suggestion: If it is important enough for you to see the games, pay the freight to get a service that gives you all the games. If you aren't willing to pay the freight, then it is not important enough to you. In that event, then just keep going to the sports bars where the game is being played.

The third option comes from Rock n' Roller Bob Seger: Get out of Denver!

Get out of Denver!
well that ain't gonna happen, it's probably the best decision i ever made moving here.

as should have been clear in the above dissertation, "forking over the dough" doesn't put home games on the DVR, and this was never about money.

i completely understand my options and was looking for a pal to help me out. if you ain't that pal, no worries, but honestly guys you're advice ain't that helpful. ^_^

I'm not sure why you didn't get all the games when you had the Sunday ticket in the past, unless it's a living in the home market deal. I've had sunday ticket ever since 99 and have never had a problem with getting every game, every Sunday. The cost is well worth it.

I'm not sure why you didn't get all the games when you had the Sunday ticket in the past, unless it's a living in the home market deal. I've had sunday ticket ever since 99 and have never had a problem with getting every game, every Sunday. The cost is well worth it.

Yea, I don't understand that. I thought with the Sunday ticket you could get just about any NFL game you wanted, anytime, anywhere. So if it wasn't the $$$, what was it?

My suggestion: If it is important enough for you to see the games, pay the freight to get a service that gives you all the games. If you aren't willing to pay the freight, then it is not important enough to you. In that event, then just keep going to the sports bars where the game is being played.

The third option comes from Rock n' Roller Bob Seger: Get out of Denver

!

$275.00 for NFL Sunday Ticket is pretty steep. I'm actually going to cancel it for the first time in 10 years. But then I found a great bar to go watch games at, so I won't be missing the Browns.

well that ain't gonna happen, it's probably the best decision i ever made moving here.

as should have been clear in the above dissertation, "forking over the dough" doesn't put home games on the DVR, and this was never about money.

i completely understand my options and was looking for a pal to help me out. if you ain't that pal, no worries, but honestly guys you're advice ain't that helpful. ^_^

If you have Direct TV dude, you can buy the NFL Sunday Ticket and get ALL the Browns games (Not HD, but still) for $275.00 a year. If money isn't an option, why not go this route?

i don't know why i didn't get the home games but both seasons i dvr'd all the games and it wasn't until in retrospect that i realized i had all AWAYs both times. and they never carried the primetime games either. i thought it was pretty f.ucking weak. i had to solicit a member on the site here at the end of the season to get copies of the home ones both in '07 and '08.

so you guys are telling me you have Sunday Ticket and get all 16 Browns games? are you in the CLE market?

i was in the PITT market and every single Sunday, even at 12:59 PM they claimed numerous times when i called that they had no clue whether or not my market would carry the Browns game until it was broadcast. and with a DVR full of games at the end of the season, it ended up being that only away games were broadcast. it also was consistent that if i didn't get it on my Dtv Sunday Ticket then my local sports bar didn't have it either.

if you are in the Cleveland market chances are you may not have even noticed. if not please let me know. in that case i'll be carving out 3-5 hours sometime in the near future to converse with some DTV management about my concerns.:blink::mad::angry:

and yeah, $275 for 16 games>>> $17.19 per game. it's fair. it's a steal if you watch other teams too. but $275 and no other way to see the other eight until Sunday night on Rewind >>>absolutely sucks.

i'll still do Rewind if it's all i've got but you miss a lot of the game--personally i wanna see every "no gain" play--and the whole atmosphere is different when you know it's a loss you get to watch Sunday night.

~ooh, get your popcorn (!).

but if it's all i've got i take it and smile. :)

i don't know why i didn't get the home games but both seasons i dvr'd all the games and it wasn't until retrospect that i realized i had all AWAYs both times. and they never carried the primetime games either. i thought it was pretty f.ucking weak. i had to solicit a member on the site here at the end of the season to get copies of the home ones both in '07 and '08.

so you guys are telling me you have Sunday Ticket and get all 16 Browns games? are you in the CLE market?

i was in the PITT market and every single Sunday, even at 12:59 PM they claimed numerous times when i called that they had no clue whether or not my market would carry the Browns game until it was broadcast. and with a DVR full of games at the end of the season, it ended up being that only away games were broadcast. it also was consistent that if i didn't get it on my Dtv Sunday Ticket then my local sports bar didn't have it either.

if you are in the Cleveland market chances are you may not have even noticed. if not please let me know. in that case i'll be carving out 3-5 hours sometime in the near future to converse with some DTV management about my concerns.:blink::mad::angry:

and yeah, $275 for 16 games>>> $17.19 per game. it's fair. it's a steal if you watch other teams too. but $275 and no other way to see the other eight until Sunday night on Rewind >>>absolutely sucks.

i'll still do Rewind if it's all i've got but you miss a lot of the game--personally i wanna see every "no gain" play--and the whole atmosphere is different when you know it's a loss you get to watch Sunday night. ooh, get your popcorn (!). but if it's all i've got i take it and smile. :)

Might be that the Pittsburgh and Cleveland markets overlap.

I’m in the Minneapolis/St. Paul market, and always get all the games, and always have for 10+ years.

I’m going to assume that the Denver market would be the same as the Minneapolis/St. Paul market.

here i just assumed it was like that for everyone Thaak. well that's a much better deal for most then. the local market always chose PIT too, obviously, and even when they didn't play opposite i can remember Cincy always getting the nod in 2007 and having to bust out the 13 inch for the Youngstown station.

some real genuises we have deciding these things i see.

"Well, the local market isn't carrying it so we'll just mirror what they do instead of addressing a need. No one is really watching anyway, they won't notice."

it appears i need to poll some locals at the Backer's Bar and find out what's been happening here the past few years. if they've been getting all 16 games i'll definitely pull the trigger then.

STO would still be nice though lol.

i am in the process of doing some preparations to help make my 2010 season a lot more kickass. the main problem i'm facing is i recently moved out of the area and can no longer get the games locally. in the past i could always head to my old man's where he was at least able to pull in Youngstown over the air and see the games on a 13" set as a last resort. well, that was only good for half the games, but i was usually working then anyway.

anyway, i have Directv here and if i tell them i moved to Cleveland i can get half the games crystal clear and basically free. i can also probably get STO too which would also boost my season a bit. B)

so...i just need a Cleveland address to use as my home address to give to Dtv...any ideas? i auto-pay the bill every month (it's linked to my checking acct), i'm enrolled in paperless billing, and i do everything online so someone at that address would not even know...but i'd rather they did and for it to be somewhere "safer" rather than" random".

any samaritans out there feel like helping a brother out? well if you know anyone in CLE that would be willing to allow me to use their mailing address simply for "faux" account location i'd greatly appreciate it. since it's not for billing purposes i hope someone out there will extend a hand. it can be anyone, preferably someone who doesn't have Dtv now...obviously there couldn't be two addresses to the same place. even if they do that's still as easy as just adding an apt #.

oh, and if you live in the CLE area, have Dtv with the Sunday Ticket, and just feel like ordering another card for me to slide into my DVR to "piggyback" off of...i won't object to that one bit either. ;) i would obviously compensate you greatly (monthly, whatever) in that case.

here's a little more history on the b.s. i usually deal with. i know it's not the worst situation in the world but it's no place for a fan to be and i'm a good cause taboot.

before the '09 season i usually worked every Sunday except for one or two games. the first year i didn't have to work every Sunday and i couldn't get any games in (!). i don't want that happening again.

my attempt at watching the '09 season online sucked royally, although i did find out what an obnoxious "rewinder" i am, and not having the ability at times was excruciating to me. honestly though talking to you folks in the chats was probably the only redeemable quality about it.

most times i gave up the glitchy online torture by halftime and just went to Hooters up the street. i was fortunate enough there that when they had the Browns on one of the main screens (main feeds) they could make another game really loud in the restaurant and still provide me with one of the little table speakers. well, that happened once. as one could imagine, not much catering to Cleveland in Denver.

my local Browns Backer's bar, The Retreat, is fun and an all day affair (gets packed quick) but it's not something i want to do every week.

i got NFL Sunday Ticket for two years ('07,'08) but they only aired the away games (!). i don't really watch or follow any other teams or games so paying for it just for 8 games really sucks (but having them indefinitely on the DVR was AWESOME!). i'd love to be able to just get Brownie games and stuff at a different price point than "all or nothing". "shortcuts" was cool and i might catch a game that way...but i digress.

i generally spend $20 + every time i go to a sports bar to see the game so financially it kinda evens out. if they showed all 16 games i'd be way ahead but again, i digress.

if i can find an address to use for Dtv i should be set for the home games at least, barring a blackout obviously. if i can at least get that in place then i can decide what to do about the away games from there.

This thread and the Pittsburgh thread have to be the two dumbest I have seen in quite some time. Is it a full moon or something? Can we get an admin to get rid of this crap please?

sorry me getting railed for two years by DTV doesn't interest you, Browns 57, but try to have a little compassion for someone attempting to see the games this season would ya?

what else is happening you need this space for? nothing, which is why you're reading this to begin with. i see you're not much of a "giver", huh? :P

I don't blame you Sisky. Denver is the best city I have ever lived in. I will be going back one of these years.

I was out of town for 2 games last year and found great live feeds online.

There is some satellite thing you buy for a one time fee of $600, it gives you every regular channel and all the news channels of every NFL market in the U.S, as well as tons of international channels.

forgot what it's called but I'm sure you'd find it if you searched the internet enough.

There is some satellite thing you buy for a one time fee of $600, it gives you every regular channel and all the news channels of every NFL market in the U.S, as well as tons of international channels.

forgot what it's called but I'm sure you'd find it if you searched the internet enough.

It's called FTA. I had it for about a year and it was AWESOME!!!!! We had about 700 channels, every pay-per-view and adult channel. My wife was able to watch her Colombian TV. And I got to watch about 12 games a week! It was great until they scrambled my signal forever. I'm not sure if those things are still available? Mine was only $300 so maybe that's why it's scrambled?

I don't blame you Sisky. Denver is the best city I have ever lived in. I will be going back one of these years.

I was out of town for 2 games last year and found great live feeds online.

let me know if you do, we'll get a pic together "violating" Elway's Restaurant's front door for posterity.

sometimes you can find a link that's decent but it's not something i want to rely on.

Get a chord to connect your computer to your tv then go to JustinTV.com. They stream every game and its free
i do that now for MMA/UFC but my 28" pc monitor is usually good enough to watch games on by itself. ;)

Justin only had 2 of the games last year iirc and ATDHE only had 3 or 4 as well. i appreciate that people take the risk of streaming but i'm completely over watching games on laggy bad quality feeds that always seem to lose connection somewhere in the pinnacle of the game. the ones publicly available usually get filled up and lag etc but a private site limiting viewers would be something i'd give a go. regardless thanks for the reply.

i'd like to know more about this but i'm real leary of things like that cuz i previously purchased what were supposedly the top two internet satellite services and they were both huge busts. bunch of church channels and arab stations on one and the other simply linked to p2p and ATDHE and offered nothing themselves. i've tried it all pretty much but if this is something different i'd like to look into it. FTA you say mopaji?

with everything being so proprietary nowadays you're pretty much stuck with what they provide. about the only hope is if you know a crooked cable/satellite guy that can jerry rig your setup with enough descramblers and components you can bypass their safeguards.

Get a couple of friends together and go to a local sports bar to watch the games, or figure out some other way to get it on your DVR.

Using someone else's address to make it look like you live in Cleveland is probably illegal, or at the very least against DirectTV's policy.

i don't know why i didn't get the home games but both seasons i dvr'd all the games and it wasn't until in retrospect that i realized i had all AWAYs both times. and they never carried the primetime games either. i thought it was pretty f.ucking weak. i had to solicit a member on the site here at the end of the season to get copies of the home ones both in '07 and '08.

i'll still do Rewind if it's all i've got but you miss a lot of the game--personally i wanna see every "no gain" play--and the whole atmosphere is different when you know it's a loss you get to watch Sunday night.

~ooh, get your popcorn (!).

but if it's all i've got i take it and smile. :)

I have had Sunday ticket from dtv every year since it was offered. First in fla now in ga. Not sure what happened with you but I have always gotten every game home or away. That being said you will not get any prime time nationaly broadcast games on the sunday ticket. You should get those on your local network afiliate. I understand what you are wanting to do( I once gave dtv my brothers address so I could purchase the Indians games) But really this shouldnt be necessary to get all the games on dtv sunday ticket. One other thing with a local Cleveland address on your account I think you would get blacked out if the game were to be blacked out locally. NFL rules not dtvs. Hopefully that wont be a concern ever again though.

Get a couple of friends together and go to a local sports bar to watch the games, or figure out some other way to get it on your DVR.
there's one Browns Bar here in Denver and it's standing room only an hour before the game and a 30 minute drive. converted into EST that's full by 10AM and i'd have to leave the house by like 9AM. i'm certainly a diehard and will do it occasionally but screw that every week. i'd rather save a ton of $$ just getting Sunday Ticket and sleep in every Sunday as opposed to that.

the chance of another bar giving the Browns audio is about as likely of them not being on the tiniest TV in the place in the farthest away corner--it just ain't gonna happen.

Using someone else's address to make it look like you live in Cleveland is probably illegal, or at the very least against DirectTV's policy.
lol it's not illegal. morally misguided-maybe, but definitely not illegal. there's also no way for them to know where the receiver is located, just if the receiver is allowed to receive a signal or not.

DTV has no problem with a customer having receivers at multiple locations besides your home, like at a beach house or something. for all they know the CLE would be my main address and i'm just staying at my vacation home. it's fine if it's across the country.

bottom line: they don't care where you are as long as you pay your bill.

let me know if you do, we'll get a pic together "violating" Elway's Restaurant's front door for posterity.

sometimes you can find a link that's decent but it's not something i want to rely on.

i do that now for MMA/UFC but my 28" pc monitor is usually good enough to watch games on by itself. ;)

Justin only had 2 of the games last year iirc and ATDHE only had 3 or 4 as well. i appreciate that people take the risk of streaming but i'm completely over watching games on laggy bad quality feeds that always seem to lose connection somewhere in the pinnacle of the game. the ones publicly available usually get filled up and lag etc but a private site limiting viewers would be something i'd give a go. regardless thanks for the reply.

i'd like to know more about this but i'm real leary of things like that cuz i previously purchased what were supposedly the top two internet satellite services and they were both huge busts. bunch of church channels and arab stations on one and the other simply linked to p2p and ATDHE and offered nothing themselves. i've tried it all pretty much but if this is something different i'd like to look into it. FTA you say mopaji?

with everything being so proprietary nowadays you're pretty much stuck with what they provide. about the only hope is if you know a crooked cable/satellite guy that can jerry rig your setup with enough descramblers and components you can bypass their safeguards.

this past season Direct TV also offered an online package... don't recall the price... but you download the software and have every game home and away streamed live to your computer anywhere you are...

I have had Sunday ticket from dtv every year since it was offered. First in fla now in ga. Not sure what happened with you but I have always gotten every game home or away. That being said you will not get any prime time nationaly broadcast games on the sunday ticket. You should get those on your local network afiliate. I understand what you are wanting to do( I once gave dtv my brothers address so I could purchase the Indians games) But really this shouldnt be necessary to get all the games on dtv sunday ticket. One other thing with a local Cleveland address on your account I think you would get blacked out if the game were to be blacked out locally. NFL rules not dtvs. Hopefully that wont be a concern ever again though.
i called them yesterday and got a really vague and unsatisfying explanation from the agent i spoke with. then i was passed to an exemplary gatekeeper mgr. who said i was essentially on the cusp of two markets and at the mercy of the local networks decisions on what to carry. i told her the point of having DTV in a Pittsburgh market was to ensure seeing the games regardless of what was happening locally.

she said "sorry. there's really nothing i can do for you."

then i went off on some tangent about "monopoly's" and "corporatist bullshit" and the conversation kinda went downhill. let's just say we won't be exchanging X-mas cards.

f.uck you Pittsburgh, you were responsible for this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I watched atleast 5 games last year on Jtv, I dont have cable so I watched the Primetime games there and never had problems with lagging. I watch every Cavs game there to and it works wonderfully, I wish someone would start streaming Indians games though

this past season Direct TV also offered an online package... don't recall the price... but you download the software and have every game home and away streamed live to your computer anywhere you are...
not NFL Rewind but streamed live? now that is something i could deal with right there, thanks Al. i'll check it out.

I watched atleast 5 games last year on Jtv, I dont have cable so I watched the Primetime games there and never had problems with lagging. I watch every Cavs game there to and it works wonderfully, I wish someone would start streaming Indians games though
these guys might have the Indians for you.

when i checked Justin last year they were usually just sharing the same streams as ATDHE. they generally had the Pats, Chargers, Jets, Giants, Cowboys and some other popular teams but the Browns were hit and miss. i can remember scrambling with Desert Dawg and Alo multiple times last season trying to find another stream after the Justin and ATDHE streams crashed. not a real kick ass situation when it fails so i want a better option as my first line of defense this time.

Archived