THE BROWNS BOARD

Please Allow Me to Introduce Myself

Ricky Mahorn

Dire situations require dire action and result in dire consequences............

Over the past few months, apparently, there has been a call for more board and post monitoring. Since I will have some free time the next few months, Stan, asked if I would help out with maintaining some semblance of a 'Code of Conduct' on this board.

Working along with Chicopee John, we will attempt to accomplish a number of things including: bolstering the (meaningful) post count, fostering dialogue and healthy debate, and - if need be - performing our version of ethnic cleansing on this board.

The agreement is that EVERYBODY who posts starts with a clean slate - having no history, it should be easy for me. John will do the same.

However....................things cannot spiral down into a constant banter of personal attacks, etc. Warnings will be given by way of PM and the leash will be short.

Can we all agree to have a limited number of 'house rules'? This is not an attempt to censor anybody. On the contrary, it is an attempt to spawn a Political Discussion Board that does just that. Encourages discussion - 360 degrees of discussion and opinions - as long as you act your age.

Don't write to me if John cuts a post or thread and vice versa. Hopefully, things will be consistently acted upon but people will agree and disagree with things like deleting posts, suspending membership, etc.

Let's have fun boys and girls.

Bring a friend and make this a board where you will not be embarrassed to invite friends.

PS We used to LOVE to play the Cavs. Man o man - they haven't come a long way, baby!!

Guest ATENEARS

Welcome aboard Ricky.

I wish I had more time to spend in this folder fella's, but I ain't gonna pretend to know what goes on here. John understands the need of an additional moderator and I'm confident him and Ricky can work together to please all parties involved.

I no longer view this folder as just the red-headed stepchild that blossomed out of the garbage bin out back (which it did), but I see this as a very popular forum and important forum for many who have helped build The Browns Board from the ground up. I owe you all my best effort. I'm a hands-off owner when it comes to this place and we hope that we now have two guys in place that can direct this puppy to the quality discussion forum we all want it to be.

Enjoy!

& Happy Holidays to all!

-Stan

Yeah, perhaps, but same old morons populating it.

PS - now that it is hoops season, watch out for the 'cuse...we're going to be very tough.

That name calling is counter productive, mz the pussy.

Jeez........of the 4 Big Beast teams in the Top 10, I noticed UCONN, Louisville, and a couple of others. Nothing in Orange, though.

I understand the name-calling is counterproductive, but after all that's gone down, I have nothing left to say to these people anyway.

Nothing in Orange yet, but if you watched last night's defeat of top-20 Florida, and watch tonight's game against top-25 Kansas, you may start to see the Orange creep up the rankings. Getting Devendorf and Rautins back, along with (my prediction) BE POY Jonny Flynn on the wing, anlong with beasts Paul Harris and Arinze Onuaku down low, we are very balanced and pretty experienced, too.

Guest Aloysius
I no longer view this folder as just the red-headed stepchild that blossomed out of the garbage bin out back (which it did), but I see this as a very popular forum and important forum for many who have helped build The Browns Board from the ground up. I owe you all my best effort. I'm a hands-off owner when it comes to this place and we hope that we now have two guys in place that can direct this puppy to the quality discussion forum we all want it to be.

I appreciate what you're doing, Stan, but almost everyone has already ditched this board.

For instance, check out this thread.

People got sick of dealing with T, Bunker, and Player, so they decided to go elsewhere.

I appreciate what you're doing, Stan, but almost everyone has already ditched this board.

People got sick of dealing with T, Bunker, and Player, so they decided to go elsewhere.

Yep. I think this board is dead, or dying. It's no fun anymore. I need someone to disagree with. My life is ruined.

post-80-1227648113_thumb.jpg

Guest ATENEARS

I'm not really aware that anyone left, and I'm not here to play chase. We are excited to make changes now that the election is over. We thought about making some changes to our Moderator crew in the weeks prior to the election, but felt that we might as well allow that process to take it's course. Now that the dust has settled this is an optune time to insert fresh new blood.

I Thank those that didn't cause a big stir with management here. It sounds like there may have been some warning shots fired before leaving, and for what it is worth, I appreciate not being pestered to make a knee-jerk reaction and change.

We look to the future of this forum and hope we can minimize any deafening posters, but understand that we won't ever please everyone. I have let both John & Ricky know that I back them on whatever course they want to take with any individual here. They have my permission to ban even myself if they believe it will grow the forum. If anyone gets caught in their cross-fire and finds themselves unable to access this forum, you can't say that you weren't given a clean slate and warned, so don't come crying to me. The clean slate aspect is why we brought in a fresh mind such as Ricky. John & Ricky's word will be final.

We have a great group of veterans here on both sides of the aisle that I have know for years. I respect that you all know what you are doing. I really do not have time to get involved. Please, work with John and allow Ricky to learn from a clean-slate point of view.

I call on the vets of this group to pitch-in and help build a solid foundation like we did many years back in paving TheBrownsBoard. Lord knows we had our share of problems from within and saw a forum or two go defunct. Let's learn and be professional about it. You all are really close to a very well-rounded forum here, you'll get rid of the bugs.

My doors is always open for compliments of those leading the way.

The way I see it is that there could easily be a compromise.

I miss arguing with guys and I don't like seeing the same names barking over and over and over.

I don't care much if I get insulted and figure I can toss it back over the net as well as the next guy.

Then again if compromise isn't what the others want, I can live without hanging with guys who dislike me.

I'd be better off working in the studio anyway.

Personally I can't imagine the sanitized board being very exciting, knowing the attitude of some of the lefties but hey as long as Stan wants to pay for it.........

Hope to see you guys back.

Good luck Yank Myhorn.

;)

WSS

Guest Aloysius
We have a great group of veterans here on both sides of the isle that I have know for years. I respect that you all know what you are doing. I really do not have time to get involved. Please, work with John and allow Ricky to learn from a clean-slate point of view.

I just scrolled through a couple threads...it's been the Cal, T, and Bunker show for a few weeks now.

If you're planning on growing this board, it's important to know that its foundation is now composed of a bunch of poisonous posters.

Unless T & Bunker go, I don't think any of the old posters will come back.

I just scrolled through a couple threads...it's been the Cal, T, and Bunker show for a few weeks now.

If you're planning on growing this board, it's important to know that its foundation is now composed of a bunch of poisonous posters.

Unless T & Bunker go, I don't think any of the old posters will come back.

Well, let's start with YOU saying that you are back. Let the others do what is best for themselves. You can only control what you can control.

Are YOU back and are YOU willing to work together?????

Guest Aloysius

I come to this site for the football talk. And with draft season approaching, I'll probably be spending less time talking politics, whether it's here or elsewhere.

But if I were to come back to this board, it wouldn't be to debate the Bunker & T's of the world.

So if being "willing to work together" means working with them, I'm not interested.

I come to this site for the football talk. And with draft season approaching, I'll probably be spending less time talking politics, whether it's here or elsewhere.

But if I were to come back to this board, it wouldn't be to debate the Bunker & T's of the world.

So if being "willing to work together" means working with them, I'm not interested.

That is your right and your choice, Al.

FYI, you will need to deal with so-called 'difficult people' for your entire life. Oftentimes, the problem lies within, not with the outside.

Stop by once in a while and, I believe, you will find it a pretty nice place to hang out.

That is your right and your choice, Al.

FYI, you will need to deal with so-called 'difficult people' for your entire life. Oftentimes, the problem lies within, not with the outside.

Stop by once in a while and, I believe, you will find it a pretty nice place to hang out.

John,

Not realizing that their is a problem with some on this board and deflecting it on those who no longer choose to try and have an intelligent conversation with these people is a HUGE problem and the biggest reason most have chosen not to post here anymore.

I realize that you are a conservative and have given some leniency to those who post conservative views and I dont have a problem with it at all, as long as it is done in an intelligent matter where honest debate can take place but just about every thread on this page has no merit and is down right hateful of someone who isnt even potus yet!

Toopa and Heck have debated their differing views here and I enjoyed their intelligent conversations but even they dont post here anymore due to the mess that some have made of this board.

Fair points, Dan. All of them.

Things will get to the point where you, once again, look forward to engaging with fellow pseudo-intellectuals like me.

Archived