THE BROWNS BOARD

Cribbs said he wanted some extra duties....

manbearpig

In the meantime, Joshua Cribbs will be the emergency quarterback behind Derek Anderson and Ken Dorsey.

That could in prove to be very interesting... I doubt it will with this coaching staff but hell, the season is a bust anyway... put both Cribbs and DA in on more plays and really screw with the other team. They wouldn't know what the hell to do. (if we could pull it off..)

In the meantime, Joshua Cribbs will be the emergency quarterback behind Derek Anderson and Ken Dorsey.

That could in prove to be very interesting... I doubt it will with this coaching staff but hell, the season is a bust anyway... put both Cribbs and DA in on more plays and really screw with the other team. They wouldn't know what the hell to do. (if we could pull it off..)

great concept in principle... in practice, it would probably confuse DA as much as the other team...

Shoot... Miami has been using that "WildDawg" offense... This offense has at times, puts the QB lining up in the WR position. And causes some real chaos in the defense... I for one think that Cribbs, for whatever reason is not used enough. They need to put him in the WR posistion more, sit BE down for being the worst WR this club has seen in years.

Shoot... Miami has been using that "WildDawg" offense... This offense has at times, puts the QB lining up in the WR position. And causes some real chaos in the defense... I for one think that Cribbs, for whatever reason is not used enough. They need to put him in the WR posistion more, sit BE down for being the worst WR this club has seen in years.

Yes But...were The Browns...Were not sharp enough to think with that kind of creativity

A year after being the best WR the team has ever seen.

As much as I think that Jerome Harrison needed more touches, I definately think Cribbs needs more touches on offense.

I don't care if it is in the flash formation, as a receiver taking screens or swing passes or as a pure receiver or running back.

I think the biggest mistake that Carthon and RAC did was to try to convert Cribbs to a WR instead of a RB. Although we have Harrison, wouldn't Cribbs look great as a 3rd down back lined up in the "i" or beside the QB in the shotgun. I think he would be very good at picking up the blitz, but then there are so many other ways to use him.

Move him in motion, somebody has to follow. Or, hand the ball off to him on a draw. Throw him a swing pass or screen pass. Or, get the hell out of his way a let him take the snap from center.

God are we missing the boat with him. I think guys like Cam Cameron or Norv Turner would find a way to use him.

A year after being the best WR the team has ever seen.

I would agree, but BE has not proven that yet, IMO. Maybe to some. Yes he has the potential, but I think he has to clear the image out of his head of what he "WANTS" to be verses of what he is NOW. That is the problem IMO. He sees his buddy Phelps with all the endorsements and the glamour of what the olympics have done and BE wants that NOW. The only thing BE could endorse now is Butterfingers...

I remember that catch he made against the Giants in pre-season, the one that was poorly thown and he made that great adjustment to grab it with one hand and pull it in... I was thinking... This kid is going to be great. I think he has his head in his A$$ right now. The right coach or mentor I think could do him good. But time will tell...

In the mean time. Put Cribbs in the game.

As much as I think that Jerome Harrison needed more touches, I definately think Cribbs needs more touches on offense.

I don't care if it is in the flash formation, as a receiver taking screens or swing passes or as a pure receiver or running back.

I think the biggest mistake that Carthon and RAC did was to try to convert Cribbs to a WR instead of a RB. Although we have Harrison, wouldn't Cribbs look great as a 3rd down back lined up in the "i" or beside the QB in the shotgun. I think he would be very good at picking up the blitz, but then there are so many other ways to use him.

Move him in motion, somebody has to follow. Or, hand the ball off to him on a draw. Throw him a swing pass or screen pass. Or, get the hell out of his way a let him take the snap from center.

God are we missing the boat with him. I think guys like Cam Cameron or Norv Turner would find a way to use him.

Total misuse of Cribbs... Or maybe improper use... He is a great returner. I would like to see him on his returns take it outside more instead of trying to find tiny holes to run through. But it kind of reminds me of the old Eric Metcalf days... here you have a guy and you are trying to throw him up the middle all the time. But in this instance, were not using him at all....

Cribbs as the #3 is temporary for this week only.

Richard Bartel will be the #3 next week.

I would agree, but BE has not proven that yet, IMO. Maybe to some. Yes he has the potential, but I think he has to clear the image out of his head of what he "WANTS" to be verses of what he is NOW. That is the problem IMO. He sees his buddy Phelps with all the endorsements and the glamour of what the olympics have done and BE wants that NOW. The only thing BE could endorse now is Butterfingers...

I remember that catch he made against the Giants in pre-season, the one that was poorly thown and he made that great adjustment to grab it with one hand and pull it in... I was thinking... This kid is going to be great. I think he has his head in his A$$ right now. The right coach or mentor I think could do him good. But time will tell...

In the mean time. Put Cribbs in the game.

After Crennel leaves maybe the next coach will realize that he is a RB not a WR. He is a natural RB and we are wasting time trying to make him a receiver. At very best, he could develop into a #3 slot receiver. Right now he could line up in the "i" and make an impact.

After Crennel leaves maybe the next coach will realize that he is a RB not a WR. He is a natural RB and we are wasting time trying to make him a receiver. At very best, he could develop into a #3 slot receiver. Right now he could line up in the "i" and make an impact.

Been saying this since we drafted the kid. Don't see why it would hurt to give him a shot. No one on our team has the acceleration that Cribbs has.

Cribbs as the #3 is temporary for this week only.

Richard Bartel will be the #3 next week.

Can Bartel play defense? If not he's of no use here.

Just another reason (of many) why Crenelation should be gone by next week. With Cribbs as the #3 there's no need to bring in another stiff qb.

Under use Cribbs, Harrison, and Hall. DA can go 3-13, no prob. Quinn throws a couple of picks, and it's DA time. Edwards is starting to make Quincy Morgan & Travis Wilson look like Gluefingers Lavelli- no accountability, anywhere.

Krispy Kreme has not only lost the team, he's lost the fans.

Archived