THE BROWNS BOARD

Jim Brown's services no longer required

HowieDawg

Look at the defenders! They were not very good. It todays game Jim Brown would have his face pushed into the mud after a two yard loss.

The defenses back then were a joke!

Jim brown quit as soon as the defenses got better.

I rest my case.

This guy no more believes what he is saying than I believe that he has a PhD.

I made a promise to myself that I'd refrain from further comment on anything this idiot posts, however, when you call out the chairman of the board (Jim Brown) you force me in to making a comment....

Jim Brown was probably the greatest athelete of all time, regardless of who you root for....

Your assnine comments about this man proves you know absolutly nothing about the game of football....

I'm 66 years old, saw my 1st Browns game in 1953 (compliments of Art Rooney Sr. who actually drove me to the game in Cleveland) and I've personally seen most of the elite running backs in the NFL.... JIM BROWN WAS THE BEST....................

I emplore the mods to kick this idiot off of our board, he's only here to get his groove on and brings nothing of value to this site...

Peace

T.Dawg

• 1 month later...

Brown appeals dismissal

Associated Press

SAN FRANCISCO -- NFL Hall of Famer Jim Brown is asking a San Francisco appellate court to overturn a federal judge's decision to dismiss his lawsuit against video game maker Electronic Arts.

Brown filed the request Tuesday with the 9th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals. He argues U.S. District Judge Florence-Marie Cooper was erroneous when ruling in September that Electronic Arts was protected by First Amendment rights when it created a character similar to Brown for its Madden NFL video games.

The former Cleveland Browns great's 2008 lawsuit argued his trademark rights were violated by the game.

The 74-year-old played nine seasons with the Browns before becoming an actor and then an activist.

Cooper died in January of lymphoma.

Electronic Arts spokesman Jeff Brown told The New York Times in an e-mail that the company is confident Cooper's ruling will be upheld.

Archived