THE BROWNS BOARD

Matt Stewart

Thaak

steeler trolls should be ashamed of themselves for even bringing up injuries as a reason why the steelers lost to the browns last season. the browns had alot of injuries in that game and had guys off of the street and back up players forced into duty. lame excuse! that's just sorry as hell.

What team has won the Super Bowl when their 2 out of their 3 best defensive players played in a combined total of 10 games in one season? Especially considering we are a defensive team, not one that relies on offense, like the Colts.

Actually "fix the suck" is what stooler fans will be crying at the end of their 7-9 season as the "who dem" browns do the unexpected and do the cinderella dance into the playoffs as the afcn champs..

your entitled to your opinion about the steelers decline, but i try to stay away from guarantees. i will say that the steelers have some issues that can hurt them, but i'll just sit back and see how it all plays out.

i've never said the steelers are or aren't going to fall from being amongst the elite teams in the nfl. my only argument is the steeler trolls lame steelers injury excuse that i've seen a number of browns fans (including you) arguing against.

there's no excuse for the steelers to give up 171 yds rushing to the browns when the browns had a really pathetic offense that passed rarely and ran often. you don't need defensive pro-bowlers to stop that kind of offense. as far as the steelers offense, they couldn't make more than 2 fgs against players like hank poteat and a bunch of guys signed off of the street. we both agree that there was no excuse for the steelers loss to the browns and for anyone to even imply there was is just foolish.

your entitled to your opinion about the steelers decline, but i try to stay away from guarantees. i will say that the steelers have some issues that can hurt them, but i'll just sit back and see how it all plays out.

i've never said the steelers are or aren't going to fall from being amongst the elite teams in the nfl. my only argument is the steeler trolls lame steelers injury excuse that i've seen a number of browns fans (including you) arguing against.

there's no excuse for the steelers to give up 171 yds rushing to the browns when the browns had a really pathetic offense that passed rarely and ran often. you don't need defensive pro-bowlers to stop that kind of offense. as far as the steelers offense, you mean they couldn't make more than 2 fgs against players like hank poteat and a bunch of guys signed off of the street? we both agree that there was no excuses for the steelers loss and for anyone to even imply there was is just foolish.

First I already explained why I included the injuries in to the equation, as it was a part of a much larger argument. Every team has injuries and the good teams pull through. I'd say despite missing the playoffs the Steelers pulled through by finishing the season with 3 wins and a chance at the post season. I also agree that there is absolutely no excuse to fall flat on their face like they did during that stretch but it happened and it happens to everyone. Now in order for said implosion to occur the entire Steeler organization would have to go through some sort of ridiculous transformation. The Steelers would have to all of the sudden stop drafting well, start over paying players and signing high profile free agents, bail on their coaches when they encounter some adversity etc. All of which is never going to happen so long as the Rooney's own and operate the Steelers. Sure there will be down years but I doubt we'll ever see a truly down and out scenario it's just not the way the Steeler organization was designed. You also talk about being foolish. It's foolish to assume the Steelers are going to experience any sort of decline. Yet we have several on this message board acting "foolishly" on a daily basis. Oh and lol at the notion the browns were no better than a Keanu Reeves led replacement team. Any Given Sunday and sometimes the mighty stumble. Consider last season a "stumble" after they hoisted their 6th silver and shiny thing.

Since this is a Browns Board I suggest to all Browns fans to ignore the Steeler Trolls who have no life and like to hang on here. xxxx em.

agreed. they post on here more than i do and i'm a browns fan lol. spending all this time on a rival teams board shows their social lives must really suck. if they spend all of this time on a rival teams board, i'm sure they spend even more time on a steelers board so yeah, their social lives suck.

I find great humor in this thread. Poor ol snatch is writin books to justify the suck that was the stools that game....oh the injuries....the st meltdown.....blah blah blah.

We had just as many injuries, so I'm not sure what this is supposed to mean. St meltdown? That st unit has always sucked.....how many tds does cribbs have against the stools st unit? Hell, even otherf teams.

St is made up of the depth of the team.....and as I said many time snatch, the depth on your team is downright pathetic....hence the resigning of cowher retreads. Keep ignoring it....cause you'll see what we see after this season.

Better team won that day, no matter how you try to package it. While somewhere else about the injuries....its a violent game, and a part of it.

I find great humor in this thread. Poor ol snatch is writin books to justify the suck that was the stools that game....oh the injuries....the st meltdown.....blah blah blah.

We had just as many injuries, so I'm not sure what this is supposed to mean. St meltdown? That st unit has always sucked.....how many tds does cribbs have against the stools st unit? Hell, even otherf teams.

St is made up of the depth of the team.....and as I said many time snatch, the depth on your team is downright pathetic....hence the resigning of cowher retreads. Keep ignoring it....cause you'll see what we see after this season.

Better team won that day, no matter how you try to package it. While somewhere else about the injuries....its a violent game, and a part of it.

It was a special teams melt down that cost us more than a few games last season. As far as relating that to depth please enlighten me on how the Browns are any deeper than the Steelers. Go through the roster. Yes we're a little thin at a few key positions but those key positions don't play special teams. Namely the defensive line. We need stronger special teams gunners and I believe we now have that in guys like Battle, Gibson and Worilds. As far as resigning Cowher retreads is concerned the Holmes cut was long in the making before the actual cut was made. Foote was looking for a new contract and with Farrior getting older and seeming to lose a step last year they brought him in as insurance. McFadden left for more money in Arizona and Pittsburgh was willing to gamble on gay. He wasn't ready for the starting role full time so they brought back McFadden for a SONG. The "retreads" only improve our already solid depth at those key positions. As far as my statements on the injuries were/are concerned they were brought up more to refute the supposed "implosion" not the shameful loss to the Stains. I already made that clear a few times but I guess reading isn't one of your strong suits.

If Pittsburgh is thin anywhere it's safety. LB's stacked, CB's plenty of depth with Gay, Keenan Lewis who many think will battle for one of the nickel slots immediately and maybe challenge McFadden. Joe Burnett.

CB: Ike Taylor, McFadden, Gay, Lewis, Burnett, Butler

S: Clark, Polamalu, Mundy, Allen

LB: Harrison, Woodley, Farrior, Foote, Timmons, Gibson, Worilds..plus 2 or 3 others like Patrick Bailey.

WR: Ward, Wallace, Are, Battle, Brown, Sanders (maybe our thinest position after losing Sweed)

TE: Miller, Spaeth, David Johnson

Meh nevermind I don't need to go through the entire team. Pittsburgh is plenty deep for special teams. Execution was a problem.

Funny how some people on this board pick at every little detail to try to make a point. Then when you thoroughly explain, what is typically a simple concept, to make sure they can grasp the idea they say you write too much. <_<

I get a kick out of it myself. Most just don't want to get in to a intelligent debate where they may actually have to concede to a opposing view point. Honestly their silence says more to me than any sort of dim witted post so I'll certainly take the lack of posts over brainless tirades. Although there are guys here with a fully functioning brain, they just don't contribute often.

13>7

And u 2 are hardly capable of intellectualism. It why I don't care anymore..

.cause your level of hypocracy is unrivalled.

I've rarely come across anyone inpittdburgh capable of an adult conversation. Seriously....its the most juvenile city I've ever lived. I don't care about you opinions, cause I don't consider you capable to undersrand higher thought.

Yes...I grrw up around pitt. And left for 2 reasons. The jobs suck, and so do tge people. You think your shit smells like roses, but quite frankly...laughing at the average pitt fellas stupidity isn't fun anymore. Your too ignorant to realize your own misfortunes. Its why the entire population clings to sports....cauae there isn't a single thing to hang our hat on other tgan that.

Don't confuse apathy with inability. No one here cares what you think. But that never crossed your simple little minds as to why you don't get real answrrs.

13>7

I've rarely come across anyone inpittdburgh capable of an adult conversation. Seriously....its the most juvenile city I've ever lived. I don't care about you opinions, cause I don't consider you capable to undersrand higher thought.

Yes...I grrw up around pitt. And left for 2 reasons. The jobs suck, and so do tge people. You think your shit smells like roses, but quite frankly...laughing at the average pitt fellas stupidity isn't fun anymore. Your too ignorant to realize your own misfortunes. Its why the entire population clings to sports....cauae there isn't a single thing to hang our hat on other tgan that.

Don't confuse apathy with inability. No one here cares what you think. But that never crossed your simple little minds as to why you don't get real answrrs.

Is that 13 refrencing the number of times the all mighty Cuyahoga River went up in flames, or is it just a coincidence?

The three main career fields in Pittsburgh are in medical, business, and technology. All three require post high school education and all pay well. If you have the money and brains to make it through college I can't understand why you would want to leave the most livable city (a record 4 times) in the US. Well, the weather does suck, I'll give you that.

13>7

Have you been drinking this evening? or did you just happen to go full Retard on the keyboard? I'm also not sure how one can characterize a entire city as juvenile, at least based on one person's (you) experience. What were you doing trolling the local play grounds before and after work? I'd also like to be enlightened on the misfortunes of the Pittsburgh area. Voted the most livable city for the second time, unemployment is one of the lowest if not THE lowest in the United States, at least Allegheny county where Pittsburgh resides. THe Housing market didn't collapse like the rest of the nation. Leader in green technology. Multi-national corporations and major retailers are setting up their headquarters in the Pittsburgh area because of the diversity and growing job sector. In addition to all this lovely banter, if you are one to practice any sort of intellectualism that would mean you HAVE to be a rational individual. No rational human being would claim the Steelers are on the decline, therefore practicing the "art" of being a intellectual falls a little short of your lap.

13 > 6

Zombo

6 lombardi's > 13 pre-super bowl era championships when some teams were fielding random guys off the street.

College groomed prospects > Random guys

Rorbotron > Zombo

4 ben rape accusations (ugghh..........did you see that fat pig he supposedly raped? yikes!)

3 hines ward crying (like a bitch that he is!)

2 hair commercials by troy (what a fag!)

yeah the city of pittsburgh is nice. i like the look of the city, until you watch an episode of 'cops' that was filmed there. aye yi yi.

6 lombardi's > 13 pre-super bowl era championships when some teams were fielding random guys off the street.

The 13 to 6 I was referring to was ... the score on the scoreboard the last time these two met, and the closest and most accurate barometer of who is better:

28727_1333729579578_1121215240_30893279_

But if you want to bring up 13 championships to six that is fine, if you want to compare geography-wise, Northeast Ohio wins hands down.

But I'm a Cleveland Browns fan ... so we're only up 8-6, does that feel better?

College groomed prospects > Random guys

I have no idea what that means, but it looks pretty gay. Should I be reading the rest of this thread? Nobody reads your long posts, dude.

Rorbotron > Zombo

Maybe when it comes to "college groomed prospects" and "random guys".

Zombo

The 13 to 6 I was referring to was ... the score on the scoreboard the last time these two met, and the closest and most accurate barometer of who is better:

28727_1333729579578_1121215240_30893279_4146844_n.jpg

But if you want to bring up 13 championships to six that is fine, if you want to compare geography-wise, Northeast Ohio wins hands down.

But I'm a Cleveland Browns fan ... so we're only up 8-6, does that feel better?

I have no idea what that means, but it looks pretty gay. Should I be reading the rest of this thread? Nobody reads your long posts, dude.

Maybe when it comes to "college groomed prospects" and "random guys".

Zombo

Oh you read them but it's a-okay to suggest otherwise. Toxic thanks for the laugh man. The "Ay-yi-yi" killed me. Seriously. :lol:

Archived