THE BROWNS BOARD

Browns new ticket sales at it's highest point since 1999

SJ_Browns

Yeah- sort of like the Bore-eoles setting the world on fire in MLB. Attendance? Impressive!!!! Sort of like why the Flying Rats tickets sales are WAY up. Hey Craven, you not only couldn't hold onto the Dolts, you couldn't stop the Bullets from moving down the road either.

PS Crow-boy, my national convention is in slime ball city this fall, and I'm not going- I refuse to pump a dime into your economy.

lol, like you have a dime lol. You're from Cleveland. You can't spend your food stamps in Baltimore.

And bringing up baseball. That's not even a sport. Baltimore people know better than to go see that crap.

lol, like you have a dime lol. You're from Cleveland. You can't spend your food stamps in Baltimore.

And bringing up baseball. That's not even a sport. Baltimore people know better than to go see that crap.

I assure I have plenty of dimes, and have never been on welfare.

Nice deflection of the obvious. Baseball was plenty popular in Baltimore when St. Cal was playing for the Borioles. Hey, the Indians suck- too bad you suck worse.

" Baltimore people know better than to go see that crap." Exactly- ever wonder how you lost the Colts, or the Bullets? Want me to post the attendance figures SMARTIE fans?

This is a funny topic, being that the Stadium season tickets were sold-out since 1999. Why they are experiencing their greatest 'new sales growth' since coming back into the league is because of all the season ticket holders who dumped their tickets, allowing the Browns to gain duplicate PSL money on the same seats they gained the same PSL money for back in 1999.

I think continuing the PSL's is bullshit. Or if you are going to continue to raise prices of PSL, then allow those who bought-in in 1999 to have the value of their investment rise to the exact same level. Last year I upgraded my seats to a higher priced PSL. They would only discount my new purchase off what I paid for my seats in 1999, instead of the new price, which was $200 more per seat. Sure, they charged me the higher price on the new seats, but would only subtract out what I paid in 99'. That's bullshit, because when they sell my old seats they will make that additional $200 per seat off of them. That profit should go to the season ticket holder who held the seats for 10 years.

I hope somewhere, Carmen Policy just had a nice size piece of cork in his wine, wash down his throat and lodge in his pipe. Freaking dickhead Carmen. I know that Carmen Policy has nothing to do with any of this, I just hate that bastard and he's the first image to pop into my mind when I think about any coorporate greed surrounduing the Browns.

That's why I bought my seats through a private seller 4-5 years back. I didn't pay a premium for them, only the transfer fee.

I tried to upgrade mine...wanted lower, but none were available(so they say)....but I am pretty low in the 50 yard line section(row 19) so I don't imagine those seats turn very often. If I can move lower it would probably be in to a section away from the 50's, but that would be a lower PSL classification

Why wouldn't you want new ticket holders to pay a PSL?? We paid one and you know we wouldn't get money back from the Browns. The only way we get money back is if we sell the seats.

I like the fact they are charging more for PSL's. I will have to check to see what mine are valued at today....I think the same. I paid $3000 for my two seats (plus the $50 transfer fee) which was the same as what the Browns were charging....if they go up, that makes it even easier for me to sell mine when and if the time comes because if all I need is $3000 to be whole and the Browns are charging $3500, I have a bargain to offer.

And speaking of tickets, if any of you dawgs need some seats, let me know...right now I know I won't be attending the carolina game...Thanksgiving weekend, and the ravens...Christmas weekend...both could be a good cap off to the Holidays. I may have the Pittsburgh game available as well...that's our anniversary, as well as a few singles

Why wouldn't you want new ticket holders to pay a PSL?? We paid one and you know we wouldn't get money back from the Browns. The only way we get money back is if we sell the seats.

My bitch is this;

I paid $550 per PSL in 1999. We bought 4 tickets togethers ($2200) in PSL's. Around 2004 we sold two of the seats for the original price we paid for the PSL's, even though they had increased by $100 if purchased through the Browns. The guy could have went directly to the Browns, paid a bit higher, but had more options to chose from. We made nothing after holding onto them for 5 seasons. Last season, we wanted to upgrad our remaining two tickets. The PSL's on those tickets is now $200 higher ($750 each). The seats we were upgrading to had PSL prices of $750 in 1999, but are $1,100 as of last year. The Browns had us paying the new price for the PSL's ($1,100), but would only trade us off the original $550 that we paid in 1999. They then turned around and sold our original seats for $750, making the $200 off of each seat that we held for ten years.

I think that is bullshit. If the PSL's went up in value, then they should deduct that current price from any upgrades.

So basically, they provided a poor product on the field, killed and re-sale vaule of the PSL's, although inflated the PSL's in their own pricing structure, screwed the fan who held onto the PSL's for ten years, then raped the next scker to buy the tickets again. On those same seats. They made $1300 in PSL's and the season ticket holder and original buyer made $0. In fact, it cost the original season ticket holder an additional $350 to upgrade ten years later.

That's ok though, I've been stealing toilet paper from their rest room. I figure by 2024 I will be even.

My impression is that baseball is the top dog of sports in that town.

Kind of like you know that certain towns are football towns, some are baseball towns.

St. Louis...a baseball town. Cincinnati...a baseball town. Cleveland....a football town. Pittsburgh....a football town.

Baltimore....a baseball town. Indianapolis...a basketball town. etc. etc.

At least, that is how I have always seen it.

Yeah- sort of like the Bore-eoles setting the world on fire in MLB. Attendance? Impressive!!!! Sort of like why the Flying Rats tickets sales are WAY up. Hey Craven, you not only couldn't hold onto the Dolts, you couldn't stop the Bullets from moving down the road either.

PS Crow-boy, my national convention is in slime ball city this fall, and I'm not going- I refuse to pump a dime into your economy.

the browns ticket sales were doing well before lebron's "decision". it has nothing to do with lebron and everything to do with holmgren and all that he has done since being hired by the browns.

the browns ticket sales were doing well before lebron's "decision". it has nothing to do with lebron and everything to do with holmgren and all that he has done since being hired by the browns.

Suuuuuuuuure they were. Whatever helps you sleep at night.

Suuuuuuuuure they were. Whatever helps you sleep at night.

go look at the info in post #1. look at the date that i made that post (june 13th). now click on that link in the post and look at the date the article was originally posted on clevelandbrowns.com (june 12th). lebron's "decision" was made on july 8th. now do the math you dumb, rat bird troll. yeah, i think it's safe to say that you just made a fool out of yourself.

next time, try using your brain. it's in your skull for a reason.

LOL! LOL!

Sorry.....sorry. I know I'm just a visitor, but that was really funny! :lol: :lol:

dude, i could do a psycological evaluation of these ocd trolls that stalk this board and really embarrass them. but i honestly feel sorry for the little fellas. life in the real world must be really terrible for them.

and please, feel free to laugh every time someone makes a fool out of them. they really deserve it.

And to be honest....I am not sure the ticket sales aren't included in the shared revenue part of the deal.....seems I read somewhere the visiting team gets a cut.....say 40% of gate....so that 60 mil figure for ticket sales might actually be more like 35 mil

http://thebrownsboard.com/forums/index.php...st&p=183242

Browns announce single-game sellouts

Posted 41 minutes ago

The Browns have announced four games have sold out on a single-game format.

Cleveland Browns home games against the Kansas City Chiefs (Sept. 19), Cincinnati Bengals (Oct. 3), Atlanta Falcons (Oct. 10) and Pittsburgh Steelers (Jan. 2) are sold out on a single-game basis, the team announced today. As a result, the only way that fans can obtain tickets to these four contests at Cleveland Browns Stadium is through season tickets, club seats and three-game Tripps Packs.

“With this being my first season in Cleveland, I’ve been extremely impressed with the enthusiasm and support our fans have shown out at training camp practices,” said Browns President Mike Holmgren. “This time of the year has always been exciting for me and I’m glad to see our fans are pumped up as well. We’re happy that this excitement level is transferring over to our games, as we look for our fans to provide our team as much of a home field advantage as possible.”

i guess we won't have any black out games this year.

i guess we won't have any black out games this year.

Single game tickets are sold out for those games....but the ticket packs aren't, so in theory games could still be blacked out if those don't sell...though I would imagine those would be offered up as singles again somewhere down the road.

They are probably better seats too.

Archived