THE BROWNS BOARD

Can the Browns be the team to make a comeback in 2010?

SJ_Browns

Nah it's not a shame. First and foremost that fan base is easily the most annoying I've ever encountered. Well it's a tie between the Bengals and the diehard browns fans that were at every game Sunday at Buffalo Wild Wings in downtown kent. It was a group of social outcasts for sure with one vocal leader. The white haired gremlin if you will and the entire time and in a raspy voice he'd yell about Joey Porter getting shot in the a$$ anytime the Steelers did anything positive or for him negative. He was doing this even when Porter had moved on to the Dolphins. Either way Bengal fans are much worse because they're delusions of grandeur are astronomical, at least most Browns fans have come to grips with the franchise rebuilding. In Bengal land they're team is preordained. Add in the fact that they routinely take on the headcases and Palmer cries more than he throws TD's. It's a recipe for heartache. I do like Chad Johnson but he's the token. I'd take him on the Steelers in a New York minute.

Chad Johnson is a head case. He is good, but I think he'd be 100 times better if he would shut his pie hole, and play the game. Paul Brown always said "act like you've been there." More players need to act that way IMO. I don't see many Bengals fans. Seems like the Browns and Steelers have the larger and more dedicated fanbases in our division. Yeah, us Browns fans realize we're rebuilding. Given the way the NFL is set up, a team can improve drastically within a years time. Because of who we hired, I'm willing to give them time to put it all together. We need continuity, but I don't want the Bengals type of continuity where they don't make any changes. All though I have to think Marvin Lewis may be better off with a different team under different circumstances. Who knows?

I don't go to bars too often to watch football games. I worked in bars and clubs as a DJ for many years. Too much drama, and too many amateurs who can't handle their alcohol and shouldn't be drinking anyway. It's cheaper to watch from the confines of my couch. :D Plus it's not like I'm gonna get thrown out of my own house for cussing at the tv. Though my wife has told me to go outside to cool off and smoke a cigarette. Especially after we blew a game against you guys a few years back. I went into the hallway and started kicking all of the shoes, and damn near put my fist through the door to the garage. Of course, I had a couple in me. :rolleyes:

Although we all know what Cincy is going to do. They play well once every 5 years and then half the team gets arrested and Marvin Lewis is on the verge of getting fired. He'll have that stupid look on his face in no time. Carson Palmer will be crying and Cedric Benson will be bringing guns to practice.

Well, that is a prediction that I would not be willing to rely on when it comes to their play on the field. Are they an inconsistent team? Sure, but that inconsistency may say that they have another good year rather than the predictable flop.

Braylon looking forward about his trip to Cleveland…..

Posted by Randy Ward on June 24th, 2010 in News

Fromprofootballtalk.com.com

Per Carlos Monarrez of the Detroit Free Press, Edwards looks forward to his November 7 return to Michigan. “I’m excited to play back home,” Edwards recently said. “It’ll be fun because I have so much family here that supports me. So I can’t wait for them to get a chance to come to the game.” The next week, he returns to his adopted home. “Seven days later is the game I’m worried about,” Edwards said. “We go to Cleveland. You know I’ve got a little chip on my shoulder the size of the golden nugget. So I can’t wait to go out there.”

Oh Boo Hoo Braylon. "WAAHHHHHHH NOBODY LIKES ME BECAUSE I PLAYED FOR MICHIGAN!" No, nobody liked you, because you were a cocky SOB, and couldn't catch the damn ball! Who cares once you get into the NFL what college you came from? As long as you produce. Even though we're weak at WR, I'm glad that he is gone. Nothing but a prima donna. You know if he drops one here the place is going to go bananas. Hell, I may have to get tickets to that game, because it is probably going to be a circus atmosphere.

Oh Boo Hoo Braylon. "WAAHHHHHHH NOBODY LIKES ME BECAUSE I PLAYED FOR MICHIGAN!" No, nobody liked you, because you were a cocky SOB, and couldn't catch the damn ball! Who cares once you get into the NFL what college you came from? As long as you produce. Even though we're weak at WR, I'm glad that he is gone. Nothing but a prima donna. You know if he drops one here the place is going to go bananas. Hell, I may have to get tickets to that game, because it is probably going to be a circus atmosphere.

i can just imagine what kind of anti-be signs will be showcased in cbs during the jets game. and yes, if be drops a pass it will cause a thunderous cheer from browns fans.

No seriously Braylon had a good year, and yes he even made the Pro Bowl, but most Browns fans hated him because he went to Michigan. To even further prove my point, everyone loved the Robiskie pick...why? because he was a Suckeye. Now all I have to hear about is how he's going to have this amazing break out season, when he had what 10 catches last year and didn't dress for most games. Same browns fans that wanted Troy Smith and Ted Ginn...why? a 2nd/3rd string qb and a return man? what good would they do? Same browns fans wanted Tressel to be hired as a coach. Cleveland fans root for Cleveland teams, not schools in Columbus

No seriously Braylon had a good year, and yes he even made the Pro Bowl, but most Browns fans hated him because he went to Michigan. To even further prove my point, everyone loved the Robiskie pick...why? because he was a Suckeye. Now all I have to hear about is how he's going to have this amazing break out season, when he had what 10 catches last year and didn't dress for most games. Same browns fans that wanted Troy Smith and Ted Ginn...why? a 2nd/3rd string qb and a return man? what good would they do? Same browns fans wanted Tressel to be hired as a coach. Cleveland fans root for Cleveland teams, not schools in Columbus

i strongly disagree with your statement. MOST browns/osu fans are not guilty of the things that you're claiming. i think there's only a small percent of browns fans that get caught up into wanting to draft osu players. and most people don't hate be just because he played for michigan. be's big mouth, diva like ways and lack of proffessionalism made people dislike him. plus be was more concerned with non-football related things like modelling and he was a spoiled brat who was undsciplined and was constantly disobedient to his coaches. his dropsies were a direct result of him not focusing on what the browns were paying him for. he MADE browns fans as a whole dislike him and gave the small percent of browns fans (who had a grudge against him for playing for michigan) a reason to act on their hate. as far as wanting tressell for a coach, very few browns fans wanted that hire.

you seem like a cool dude and i agree with you the majority of the time, but it sounds like you have something against osu fans. my guess is that you know or know of some osu fans (who also happen to be browns fans) that probably act high and mighty (as an osu fan) and you're judging all of us based on that.

with any winning orginization, you're going to have snobby, stuck up fans. just look at how the steeler trolls act on here. arrogant, entitled and they think being a fan of a winning team makes them superior in life and makes their opinions more credible than others. it's sad, but true.

Well this is one Browns fan that didn't hate him because he went to Michigan. I hate... sorry.... strongly dislike him, because he was a drama queen, and dropped balls. I like Ohio State, and all, but once you leave college, and if you're not wearing the orange and brown, then I don't care!!!!! Perfect example... Santonio Holmes. Once he became a Steeler, sorry you're now the "enemy." As for Robiskie I think he'll come along. From what I understand he had a rough first year at OSU.

No, I think you are wrong about this. Braylon going to Michigan had nothing to do with things. It was his performance, plaing an simple, plus a bit of a prima donna attitude.

On Robiskie. I don't know that I loved that pick. Sure I like a Buckeye player, and I certainly want to see him do well as a Brown, but if he sucks and can't get the job done, then he can leave by the same door that Braylon walked through on his way out of here.

No, I think you are wrong about this. Braylon going to Michigan had nothing to do with things. It was his performance, plaing an simple, plus a bit of a prima donna attitude.

On Robiskie. I don't know that I loved that pick. Sure I like a Buckeye player, and I certainly want to see him do well as a Brown, but if he sucks and can't get the job done, then he can leave by the same door that Braylon walked through on his way out of here

Exactly.

This post might be a bit late but it did get my attention...

First & foremost, I don't give a hoot what Robo has to say..To me his opinion means zilch..

Reading from the beginning of this thread, Robo brought up the Steelers then he/she/it goes on in volumes tryin to defend or pump up his team...

The topic of this thread is can the Browns be this years comeback team---what the freakin' hell has that got to do with the Steelers other than the fact that we play them twice this year?????

Robo you're just trolling to start a discussion that includes your beloved Steelers---take it to the black and gold site...

I've been a member of the Browns Board since 2005 and have seen posters like you come and go... Do us all a favor and go....

Peace

T.Dawg

First & foremost, I don't give a hoot what Robo has to say..To me his opinion means zilch..

Reading from the beginning of this thread, Robo brought up the Steelers then he/she/it goes on in volumes tryin to defend or pump up his team...

The topic of this thread is can the Browns be this years comeback team---what the freakin' hell has that got to do with the Steelers other than the fact that we play them twice this year?????

Robo you're just trolling to start a discussion that includes your beloved Steelers---take it to the black and gold site...

I've been a member of the Browns Board since 2005 and have seen posters like you come and go... Do us all a favor and go....

Peace

T.Dawg

You're easily one of the least intelligent posters on this message board. Seriously. I brought up the Steelers ONLY after someone commented on this season being as good as any for the Browns to sweep the Steelers. I did not bring up the Steelers. Are you capable of reading? or at least putting together your thoughts in to one cohesive paragraph or two? or are we going to be forced to read your "bullet points" and then your classic sign off "PEACE T.Dawg" lol. Plenty of posters have conceded they don't mind my occasional post because I'm not "trolling" but rather posting intelligently and providing a different perspective. I'm only here for inter-division news and some debate. If you don't like it don't read it and if you're going to disagree in the future at least make some sort of effort to sound like you aren't a high functioning autistic.

Sorry Robo, guess I should have been more specific----go screw yourself...From the least most intelligent poster on this message board.. and you know where you can shove your "bullet point"

Peace T.Dawg

You ramble man and then jump on your soapbox. Once again I didn't bring up the Steelers and more than a few more established members here don't mind that I contribute from time to time. You're nothing more than a cheerleader that is completely oblivious to the rest of the NFL.

Oops,just been informed that Robo is a regular and the most important poster on this board... sorry I'm rambling?????

So I guess I'll just cheerlead---pork chop, pork chop, greasy, greasy greasy..

robo is the best poster, easy, easy, easy......

Now asswipe, explain to me how I am completely oblivous to the rest of the NFL....

I'm waiting troll, bring it on....

Peace

T.Dawg

Oops,just been informed that Robo is a regular and the most important poster on this board... sorry I'm rambling?????

So I guess I'll just cheerlead---pork chop, pork chop, greasy, greasy greasy..

robo is the best poster, easy, easy, easy......

Now asswipe, explain to me how I am completely oblivous to the rest of the NFL....

I'm waiting troll, bring it on....

Peace

T.Dawg

I'm saying that you live only on this message board and you cheer lead. I'm not on this board to be liked and I post on occasion Steeler related or not.. I'm not here to rub this or that in the face or faces of the Browns fan base but do on occasion take issue as I did in this thread. I only posted about the Steelers after the Steelers were mentioned. The discussion never got heated and I wasn't slinging insults. You then role in here like "Capt. Save-a-hoe" and start posting your incoherent B.s. I know my division and can name the starters across the board for all teams in our division without going to google. I watch the drafts for all the teams in our division and stick close to division news. Hence the reason I'm here. You see who the Browns pick, what the Browns are doing and live only in that world. All of which limits your credibility. Although you don't have much to begin with T-dawg! You're probably called T-dawg outside this message board aren't you? Yet another short sighted Browns Backer that instead of talking about the game at hand you're too busy talking about Big Ben's rape allegations or the fact that Joey Porter got shot in the ass. One of those fans. Soooooo PEACE T-Dawg. Keep on, keepin on.

Robo translation:

"I'm a little steeler roadie, and I frantically want attention from the best fans

in the NFL because I because I'm a wus and can't find friends on the other boards who talk about

my team, and my hero quarterback fave is a disgrace and now my autographed poster of him isn't worth a piece of gravel."

boring

Robo translation:

"I'm a little steeler roadie, and I frantically want attention from the best fans

in the NFL because I because I'm a wus and can't find friends on the other boards who talk about

my team, and my hero quarterback fave is a disgrace and now my autographed poster of him isn't worth a piece of gravel."

boring

Oh man. You got me to the last letter. I post on my Steeler board plenty and get this WE HAVE PEOPLE THAT POST THERE THAT ARE FROM OTHER FAN BASES AND THEIR OPINION ISN'T immediately discredited because they're from a rival base. The only people that have a problem with my posting on this message board are the simple minded simps. If you don't like what I have to say don't read what I have to say. It's pretty simple. I do have a Big Ben Jersey that I'll still wear but lucky for me there are more than one or two Steeler jersey's worth owning. The entire Cleveland fan base should be in all Cribbs and Joe Thomas jerseys soon no? Oh and how disgraceful are those two lombardi's this decade? Oh man they are so tarnished. I also don't post for attention. I get that from my gf. Unless of course you like tying your emotions to a message board. Do you get out socially? or is this is for you?

You would think a rival perspective would be appreciated. Unless you enjoy growing complacent and fondling each others black and brown nuts. Bunch of butt hurt saucy ladies on this message board. Granted that isn't indicative of the entire board but man some of you guys are quick to turn on the tears.

No, not upset by your drivel.

But at least you could make it make some kind of sense, and have a sense of humor.

You seem more iike a teenage kid in Pittsburg, angry at the world, and wanting to fight online

like Dungeons and Dragons, but on a rival team's excellent forum.

You're kinda like the dirt that hangs on to a tractor tire when the humidity is really high.

You can notice that dirt, but everybody but the dirt knows it just doesn't matter.

Peace

T.Dawg

Here is the deal: to these guys, it is the other way around. The Steelers have no relevence or significance except in terms with their relationship to the Browns. Notwithstanding anything else, it is the Browns that dominate their thought processes.

Here is the deal: to these guys, it is the other way around. The Steelers have no relevence or significance except in terms with their relationship to the Browns. Notwithstanding anything else, it is the Browns that dominate their thought processes.

Cal at what point did I show I didn't have a sense of humor? T.dawg is a dipsh.it and I had a perfectly intelligent exchange with DJ earlier in the thread. He strolled in like capt. save a hoe with his pom poms out. Gipp the above is pretty funny. Do you honestly believe this? or is this some attempt at reverse psychology? It's definitely the other way around and that much is undeniable. I'm here for rival news. Period. The Browns are almost never discussed on either of my STeeler boards unless it's draft time, game time or something newsworthy occurs. People in Pittsburgh don't give a sh.it about the Browns otherwise, at least not to the point of "dominating a thought process". What exactly have you done to warrant such attention? You won a game last year, you'll lose two this year. I hate sounding like a troll but in one breath you're talking intelligently and then in another you're making sh.it up and honestly it's a pretty weak attempt at getting a "rise". I'm only responding because it's ridiculous otherwise I would have let it ride.

Cal at what point did I show I didn't have a sense of humor? T.dawg is a dipsh.it and I had a perfectly intelligent exchange with DJ earlier in the thread. He strolled in like capt. save a hoe with his pom poms out. Gipp the above is pretty funny. Do you honestly believe this? or is this some attempt at reverse psychology? It's definitely the other way around and that much is undeniable. I'm here for rival news. Period. The Browns are almost never discussed on either of my STeeler boards unless it's draft time, game time or something newsworthy occurs. People in Pittsburgh don't give a sh.it about the Browns otherwise, at least not to the point of "dominating a thought process". What exactly have you done to warrant such attention? You won a game last year, you'll lose two this year. I hate sounding like a troll but in one breath you're talking intelligently and then in another you're making sh.it up and honestly it's a pretty weak attempt at getting a "rise". I'm only responding because it's ridiculous otherwise I would have let it ride.

It is certainly NOT the other way around....such a thought is not only deniable, but completely absurd.

Did I say what I said to get a rouse out of you? Partially.

But here is the key to your statement: The Steelers would almost never be discussed here, just as the Browns may almost never be discussed over on their boards if it were NOT for the Steeler fans showing up here. If Browns fans showed up on those board yam, yam, yammering about the Browns, the Browns WOULD be discussed over there. The fact that you are here....on The Cleveland Browns Fan Football Board....is all the evidence needed to show that the Browns dominate your thought process. If you didn't truly give a shit about the Browns, you wouldn't be here.

Evidence of not giving a shit is absence. How many times have you seen me on those Steeler boards of yours. Never. Why? Because I really don't give a shit about the Steelers. They ARE ONLY relevent to me in respect to their relationship to the Browns. If someone shows up here to talk about them, then I will talk about them. But no more than I would talk about the Ravens, Bengals, or any other Browns opponent.

It is certainly NOT the other way around....such a thought is not only deniable, but completely absurd.

Did I say what I said to get a rouse out of you? Partially.

But here is the key to your statement: The Steelers would almost never be discussed here, just as the Browns may almost never be discussed over on their boards if it were NOT for the Steeler fans showing up here. If Browns fans showed up on those board yam, yam, yammering about the Browns, the Browns WOULD be discussed over there. The fact that you are here....on The Cleveland Browns Fan Football Board....is all the evidence needed to show that the Browns dominate your thought process. If you didn't truly give a shit about the Browns, you wouldn't be here.

Evidence of not giving a shit is absence. How many times have you seen me on those Steeler boards of yours. Never. Why? Because I really don't give a shit about the Steelers. They ARE ONLY relevent to me in respect to their relationship to the Browns. If someone shows up here to talk about

them, then I will talk about them. But no more than I would talk about the Ravens, Bengals, or any other Browns opponent.

man, these steeler trolls are the biggest sissies i've ever seen in my life. it's like clockwork, any time anyone says something bad about their steelers, these little girls go into an emotional frenzy and cry like a bunch of cheerleaders that got cut off of the team. these losers are obsessed with defending the steelers like their the steelers message board police. they post on this board more than some of us browns fans do. i mean everytime somebody on here says anything negative about the steelers, here they come running to the defense of the steelers and whining like new born babies who pooped their pants because browns fans aren't jocking their team. their obsessive compulsive disorder to defend the steelers on a browns board is absolutely humorous. i bet they couldn't go without defending their team on here. they would probably start sweating heavily and go into shock if they let one negative comment about the steelers go by without them debating against it. :lol:

Archived