THE BROWNS BOARD

It's Jake's job to lose

How many yards did he throw for this past year? The defense lost the games for us this past season, not Ben. You're also so full of sh.it it hurts my stomach. It's one thing to hate the Steelers it's something completely different to throw out completely ridiculous statements to back up that hate. You'd rather have Delhomme than Big Ben? I don't think any one of the 32 teams in the NFL would say "I'd rather have X over Big Ben" unless "X" is Tom Brady or Peyton Manning and even then the argument is getting diluted. Steeler fan or not the man is a beast and a proven winner. Delhomme can't smell where he sh.it last. If the defense didn't continuously drop the ball in the 4th quarter last year Pittsburgh would have been a 13-3 team. Period.

More yards passing does not necessarily equate to more wins.

I'd also rather not have Ben because he has a serious history of terrible personal decisions and bad behavior. Motorcycle wreck wearing no helmet. Continues to ride helmetless. Two (reported) rapes. Terrible to the fans and normal civilians. Pissing on a golf course. This dude is a black hole to a PR department but because he wins he gets to stick around. If he hadn't "won" two superbowls his ass would be on the street now.

More yards passing does not necessarily equate to more wins.

I'd also rather not have Ben because he has a serious history of terrible personal decisions and bad behavior. Motorcycle wreck wearing no helmet. Continues to ride helmetless. Two (reported) rapes. Terrible to the fans and normal civilians. Pissing on a golf course. This dude is a black hole to a PR department but because he wins he gets to stick around. If he hadn't "won" two superbowls his ass would be on the street now.

Did I say more yards equate to more wins? I said the defense lost 4th quarter leads after Ben drove the team down the field for the go ahead TD. The defense was to blame for a majority of the losses last season not Big Ben. I'm fairly certain of the 7 losses last season 5 were lost in the 4th quarter after giving up a lead. The defense couldn't get opposing offenses off the field in the 4th quarter. I read a article on it recently but can't find it at the moment to post.

As far as everything else is concerned and as far as I know he doesn't ride his motorcycle often if at all anymore. The first "rape" was completely thrown out and Ben actually was told to go after her by his counsel for defamation of character. She was in it for a money grab and failed. The second scenario is no different. I also suppose you're incapable of reading seeing as it wasn't Big Ben that pissed on the golf course but rather a Miami Red Hawk alumni. Oh and he DID win two Super Bowls and he'll win a few more. The Browns don't want Big Ben? LMFAO.

Well, he had a bad game and a bad year, other than that, he has been pretty good throughout his career.

Why you have a bug up your ass about Delhomme confuses me. Did he bang your wife?

No one here is expecting miracles from Jake Delhomme. At best we are hoping for a steady veteran hand as a stopgap QB.

At worst, he will either repeat what he did last year and be benched in which case we may not be any worse off than we were last year on offense.

Perhaps the OC for the Browns ought to be seriously questioned and not the QBs.

Another couple of things: who says the Browns didn't have consistency last year at QB? They were consistently bad. That IS consistency. Also, in case you didn't notice, the Browns drafted a QB in April. Whether or not they think they will need another one come next year is beyond the power of you, me, or anyone else to figure out. If the plan is not to play McCoy, then we won't know if he will or will not be the right choice for the future. That question won't be answered for at least a year or two beyond that.

Why do your paragraphs always look so fvcked up? Yes irrelevant to the thread but that is one jacked up post and they are all that way. Do you type in large blocks and then go back and tard up the paragraph break up? You also know what type of consistency I was talking about in my previous post. Playing consistently bad is not the sort of consistency that fits anywhere in to this discussion. Is that some sort of weak attempt to make a point? A moot point. As far as Delhomme is concerned he's on the decline and went from being solid to bad and hasn't left the realm of bad. In my world that is a trend and one on a negative down turn.

Did Florio's TSN article make it here yet? Don't wanna double paste. He lists the five QBs who shouldn't be under pressure... because they should already be benched. Delhomme is the first one.

He belongs on the list. He's terrible and will be terrible. Wallace will be under center before the Browns play the Steelers.

Did Florio's TSN article make it here yet? Don't wanna double paste. He lists the five QBs who shouldn't be under pressure... because they should already be benched. Delhomme is the first one.

How can you be benched before you have even played? Besides, Mangini said he looked great at the mini camps. Now comes the true test though. Almost to training camp, can't wait!

Did I say more yards equate to more wins? I said the defense lost 4th quarter leads after Ben drove the team down the field for the go ahead TD. The defense was to blame for a majority of the losses last season not Big Ben. I'm fairly certain of the 7 losses last season 5 were lost in the 4th quarter after giving up a lead. The defense couldn't get opposing offenses off the field in the 4th quarter. I read a article on it recently but can't find it at the moment to post.

As far as everything else is concerned and as far as I know he doesn't ride his motorcycle often if at all anymore. The first "rape" was completely thrown out and Ben actually was told to go after her by his counsel for defamation of character. She was in it for a money grab and failed. The second scenario is no different. I also suppose you're incapable of reading seeing as it wasn't Big Ben that pissed on the golf course but rather a Miami Red Hawk alumni. Oh and he DID win two Super Bowls and he'll win a few more. The Browns don't want Big Ben? LMFAO.

Uh the second rape scenario is clearly a different case, otherwise why would he be spending the first six weeks of the season on the bench? You are an idiot.

Why do your paragraphs always look so fvcked up?

I don't know wtf you are talking about :wacko:

Yes irrelevant to the thread but that is one jacked up post and they are all that way. Do you type in large blocks and then go back and tard up the paragraph break up?

Why are you acting dimwitted? What are you? The baby tomato lagging behind? Ketchup.

You also know what type of consistency I was talking about in my previous post. Playing consistently bad is not the sort of consistency that fits anywhere in to this discussion. Is that some sort of weak attempt to make a point?

No, it was an attempt to make a joke. Maybe what you need is a humor transplant. What? Did your momma burn you with a cigarette every time you laughed when you were young such that now you are so serious you can't take a joke?

A moot point. As far as Delhomme is concerned he's on the decline and went from being solid to bad and hasn't left the realm of bad. In my world that is a trend and one on a negative down turn.

Yea, and who ever argued that his career wasn't on a negative downturn? That is why he changed his scenery. It has happened numerous times that someone turned a negative downturn around. Maybe he will too. Maybe he won't. You have no clue, nor do I. (you have to look only at Kurt Warner who was a backup with the Giants at about age 34-35, and then went to Arizona and did pretty well I would say over his three years there. Like I said, it can happen)

Not too long ago? It's a long ass time when discussing "NFL" time considering the wear and tear on your body while in the league. He's also not flying under anyone's radar. He's been completely cast off and rightfully so because he's been awful as of late. He's easily one of the most inconsistent QB's in the league and the one thing the Browns do need is consistency. Who knows maybe he experiences some sort of rebirth. I sincerely doubt it and you'll be drafting a QB next year. Delhomme is irrelevant and has been for a while.

Sure it's a long ass time but my meaning behind that is he has been there and it wasn't solely his defense that got him there like Dilfer in Baltimore.

Not flying under the radar? Sir, the WHOLE Browns organization is flying under the radar. I think a lot of people are going to be surprised by the Browns this year. I'm not saying Super Bowl and probably not playoffs but this is a different Browns team then seen in the past.

Do you have any idea why he hasn't done well the past two seasons or do you just follow Madden ratings or something? He's been bad because he had elbow surgery and last year his OC tried to get him to change his throwing motion and stay in the pocket more instead of doing what he did when he was successful. Did you see the press conference when John Fox broke down that they had to release Delhomme? He was the heart of that team and locker room. That's the type of player I want on my team, not some "I'm famous now so I can do what I want" asshole that a lot of NFL players turn out to be.

I don't think Delhomme is going to take us to the Super Bowl and I didn't think he was going to take us when we signed up. But if he can be better then what we had last year, help us win some games, and pass on what he has learned to Wallace and McCoy or whoever we decide to go with next year (for all I know we could draft #1 and be drafting Locker, I doubt it, but who knows what will happen) then I'm glad we signed him.

Homo likes to hijack threads to Pissburg related topics. She is really a troll.

I don't hijack threads. I do post when the Steelers are discussed and contrary to popular belief do contribute without mentioning the Steelers. However 9 times out of 10 when I do post someone comes in and says something about the Steelers which snow balls in to something entirely different. As far as why I'm here is concerned. I post and read here for a alternate perspective and rival news. I read more than I post. As far as trying to alter a bias or change the opinion of a rival base I'm not delusional. However I do expect some degree of intelligence when discussing football. The example in this case being the "I'd rather have Delhomme than Big Ben" which is a bold faced lie. I hate Carson Palmer but if the Steelers had Delhomme as their QB I sure as sh.it wouldn't say I'd rather have Delhomme than Carson Palmer because Palmer is a much better QB just like Big Ben is a much better QB. It's one thing to hate, it's something completely different to blindly hate. The blind hate just makes people look stupid and unless that's something some of you are going for I'd refrain from the blind bias and use some basic football intelligence in some of these threads. Sh.it my post count would probably be cut in half if people employed that post mentality. A majority of my posts are made when someone says something RIDICULOUSLY stupid.

Sure it's a long ass time but my meaning behind that is he has been there and it wasn't solely his defense that got him there like Dilfer in Baltimore.

Not flying under the radar? Sir, the WHOLE Browns organization is flying under the radar. I think a lot of people are going to be surprised by the Browns this year. I'm not saying Super Bowl and probably not playoffs but this is a different Browns team then seen in the past.

Do you have any idea why he hasn't done well the past two seasons or do you just follow Madden ratings or something? He's been bad because he had elbow surgery and last year his OC tried to get him to change his throwing motion and stay in the pocket more instead of doing what he did when he was successful. Did you see the press conference when John Fox broke down that they had to release Delhomme? He was the heart of that team and locker room. That's the type of player I want on my team, not some "I'm famous now so I can do what I want" asshole that a lot of NFL players turn out to be.

I don't think Delhomme is going to take us to the Super Bowl and I didn't think he was going to take us when we signed up. But if he can be better then what we had last year, help us win some games, and pass on what he has learned to Wallace and McCoy or whoever we decide to go with next year (for all I know we could draft #1 and be drafting Locker, I doubt it, but who knows what will happen) then I'm glad we signed him.

I watch football. I watch A LOT of football. Thank you NFL Sunday Ticket. I also consider myself a pretty avid Fantasy Football guy and have been doing it for I believe 6 years now with college friends. A means to compete now that we're all separated and in different cities. Anyway I watched a lot of Browns games last season and did actually watch my fair share of Panther games because of Deangelo Williams and before Williams it was because of Steve Smith and before that Mushin Muhammad. Jake Delhomme elbow surgery or not is wildly inconsistent. After the surgery it became even more the case and I don't believe he'll experience any sort of resurgence with the Browns. Fox let him go because he was no longer helping the team on the field. You aren't going to pay a guy millions of dollars to be a inspiration in the locker room. My response. I absolutely WOULD NOT want a guy on my team that was cut from another because he couldn't produce at a high level any longer after a debilitating injury and surgery. Not only did you sign him but you signed him for what 19 million dollars? Is he just a expensive mentor to McCoy? Delhomme has been down right bad for a while now and I just don't see things getting any better. I could be wrong. I can always be wrong but I doubt I am in this instance and we're all going to find out soon enough.

I watch football. I watch A LOT of football. Thank you NFL Sunday Ticket. I also consider myself a pretty avid Fantasy Football guy and have been doing it for I believe 6 years now with college friends. A means to compete now that we're all separated and in different cities. Anyway I watched a lot of Browns games last season and did actually watch my fair share of Panther games because of Deangelo Williams and before Williams it was because of Steve Smith and before that Mushin Muhammad. Jake Delhomme elbow surgery or not is wildly inconsistent. After the surgery it became even more the case and I don't believe he'll experience any sort of resurgence with the Browns. Fox let him go because he was no longer helping the team on the field. You aren't going to pay a guy millions of dollars to be a inspiration in the locker room. My response. I absolutely WOULD NOT want a guy on my team that was cut from another because he couldn't produce at a high level any longer after a debilitating injury and surgery. Not only did you sign him but you signed him for what 19 million dollars? Is he just a expensive mentor to McCoy? Delhomme has been down right bad for a while now and I just don't see things getting any better. I could be wrong. I can always be wrong but I doubt I am in this instance and we're all going to find out soon enough.

Then you are saying you would not have signed Tommy John? He only won about another 200 games in his career AFTER he had the debilitating injury and surgery. Delhomme had the Tommy John surgery. There is a reason why that procedure is so famous: because so many pitchers have recovered from it successfully and have gone to have outstanding years after it was performed....even late in their careers.

So, my thinking is that if Delhomme is going to suck, the injury is not going to be the reason why. (plus, I think you are way, way off on that contract dollar figure, but I would have to check that. That would seem to be out of line).

Then you are saying you would not have signed Tommy John? He only won about another 200 games in his career AFTER he had the debilitating injury and surgery. Delhomme had the Tommy John surgery. There is a reason why that procedure is so famous: because so many pitchers have recovered from it successfully and have gone to have outstanding years after it was performed....even late in their careers.

So, my thinking is that if Delhomme is going to suck, the injury is not going to be the reason why. (plus, I think you are way, way off on that contract dollar figure, but I would have to check that. That would seem to be out of line).

I specifically said elbow surgery or not. Meaning that I don't believe Delhomme's poor play is a direct result of his surgery. I believe his poor play is a direct result of no longer being any good. He's not a starter in the NFL yet he's going to start for the Browns. Carolina unloaded him for a reason. He's no longer any good.

He's making 19.7 million including his salary owed from Carolina so I was mistaken. Although he's still getting paid over 7 million for this season by the Browns which in my opinion is a lot more than his ass is worth. I'd rather have Bryon Leftwich under center than Delhomme and that's the honest to god truth. Hell I would have brought back Jeff Garcia before giving Delhomme a contract. He's 58-40 as a starter for Carolina.

I specifically said elbow surgery or not. Meaning that I don't believe Delhomme's poor play is a direct result of his surgery. I believe his poor play is a direct result of no longer being any good. He's not a starter in the NFL yet he's going to start for the Browns. Carolina unloaded him for a reason. He's no longer any good.

That remains to be seen. Just because he burned you in your fantasy league doesn't mean he won't be able to rebound.

AHA, perhaps THAT is the root of your prejudice. The man cost you bucks in your fantasy pool, eh?

That remains to be seen. Just because he burned you in your fantasy league doesn't mean he won't be able to rebound.

AHA, perhaps THAT is the root of your prejudice. The man cost you bucks in your fantasy pool, eh?

I've never had Delhomme in my fantasy league. I had Deangelo Williams who was wonderfully successful without the help of Delhomme and Steve Smith no matter how bad Delhomme has been in the past still benefited as the best option on that offense before the terror twins in Stewart and WIlliams showed up. It also don't remain to be seen because Jake Delhomme has been progressively worse season after season for a good bit of time now. He was particularly bad last year and when they did have a nice regular season record. I believe it was 12-4 the last time they made some noise he completely blew it in the playoffs. I have zero Jake Delhomme bias. I just think he sucks and I'm not alone.

I wish I could get Sunday Ticket.

Even if you think he is more inconsistent than I think he is, do you think he is a worse option then the two QB's we had on our roster? I think a lot of his problems last year was the new OC trying to change his style and how he plays. I may be wrong but I may be right about that as well. I don't expect him to have a resurgance in his career by coming here, I expect him to win us some games, keep us close in games we should be close in and be a leader at the QB position. Something this team has lacked since coming back. He was one of the best options we had to go with considering the FA options and the draft options picking at #7.

I never said we paid him that money solely to be an inspiration or to mentor. If he comes in here, starts for 2 or 3 years and we're at least an average ball club that keeps growing and getting better, while he mentors/helps/teaches/etc. our future QB then I think he is well worth the money.

Like you said, we'll find out soon enough.

EDIT: If you really think Byron Leftwich is better at QB then Delhomme you must be smoking something and it must be good so pass it.

I've never had Delhomme in my fantasy league. I had Deangelo Williams who was wonderfully successful without the help of Delhomme and Steve Smith no matter how bad Delhomme has been in the past still benefited as the best option on that offense before the terror twins in Stewart and WIlliams showed up. It also don't remain to be seen because Jake Delhomme has been progressively worse season after season for a good bit of time now. He was particularly bad last year and when they did have a nice regular season record. I believe it was 12-4 the last time they made some noise he completely blew it in the playoffs. I have zero Jake Delhomme bias. I just think he sucks and I'm not alone.

Actually, last year was Delhomme's only bad year. I do think he is overpaid but the Browns didn't bring him in to be Manning. He will serve as a great mentor and is a major step up from what they had last year. I got so sick of watching Quinn throw 35 yard passes into the stands. If Delhomme repeats last year's performance it will be disappointing but to say that he has gotten progressively worse is just factually incorrect.

OK, but, apparently, more accomplished men than you seem to disagree: names of Holmgren, Heckart, Mangini. All these guys have done is coached teams to Super Bowl wins, GMed teams to Super Bowl appearances, coached teams to playoff appearances. Can you match your qualifications as a talent evaluator to theirs?

Actually, last year was Delhomme's only bad year. I do think he is overpaid but the Browns didn't bring him in to be Manning. He will serve as a great mentor and is a major step up from what they had last year. I got so sick of watching Quinn throw 35 yard passes into the stands. If Delhomme repeats last year's performance it will be disappointing but to say that he has gotten progressively worse is just factually incorrect.

It wasn't his only bad year. He completely blew more than a few games most notably the one playoff loss. If you ask me I don't care how great a player or team plays if they don't make the playoffs it's not good enough. The Steelers for example had a winning season witha 9-7 record but missed the playoffs. The season was a complete and utter failure just as the Panthers season was when they went 12-4 and Delhomme completely blew the game. He's not good but he is better than Quinn or Anderson neither of which are any good. If I were the Browns Wallace would be starting day one. He did a solid job in Seattle when he had to start in Hasselbecks absence.

OK, but, apparently, more accomplished men than you seem to disagree: names of Holmgren, Heckart, Mangini. All these guys have done is coached teams to Super Bowl wins, GMed teams to Super Bowl appearances, coached teams to playoff appearances. Can you match your qualifications as a talent evaluator to theirs?

First off gip. Holy commas. Secondly Delhomme is a savvy veteran. He may suck but he certainly has that veteran leadership you look for in a player. It's not like the QB market going in to the season was plentiful so honestly Delhomme was one of the few options for a starter if Quinn and Anderson had to go. The front offices hand was forced and when going in to a season with any sort of uncertainty you want to have options. Insert Wallace and Delhomme. The Browns quite simply didn't have a bunch of options. What choice did Holmgren and Co. have? You certainly don't want to throw McCoy to the wolves. Wallace could get it done but if he gets hurt or fails you want a back up plan. Who else were they going to sign Jamarcus Russell? Don't pass of his signing with Holmgren and Co's approval as some sort of Swan song season. It was slim pickings.

It wasn't his only bad year. He completely blew more than a few games most notably the one playoff loss. If you ask me I don't care how great a player or team plays if they don't make the playoffs it's not good enough. The Steelers for example had a winning season witha 9-7 record but missed the playoffs. The season was a complete and utter failure just as the Panthers season was when they went 12-4 and Delhomme completely blew the game. He's not good but he is better than Quinn or Anderson neither of which are any good. If I were the Browns Wallace would be starting day one. He did a solid job in Seattle when he had to start in Hasselbecks absence.

Are you saying we should start calling him by another French name since he has a habit of underperforming in important playoff games: LeBron?

Are you saying we should start calling him by another French name since he has a habit of underperforming in important playoff games: LeBron?

Lebron under performed once and it was this past season for one game. You cannot blame Lebron for the Cavs lack of meaningful success.

First off gip. Holy commas. Secondly Delhomme is a savvy veteran. He may suck but he certainly has that veteran leadership you look for in a player. It's not like the QB market going in to the season was plentiful so honestly Delhomme was one of the few options for a starter if Quinn and Anderson had to go. The front offices hand was forced and when going in to a season with any sort of uncertainty you want to have options. Insert Wallace and Delhomme. The Browns quite simply didn't have a bunch of options. What choice did Holmgren and Co. have? You certainly don't want to throw McCoy to the wolves. Wallace could get it done but if he gets hurt or fails you want a back up plan. Who else were they going to sign Jamarcus Russell? Don't pass of his signing with Holmgren and Co's approval as some sort of Swan song season. It was slim pickings.

Oh, I agree, picking Delhomme up was by no means anyone's ideal plan. Getting him and Wallace may in fact have been scraping the bottom of the barrel. Still who knows. To a prospector, the bottom of the barrell is where the gold is.

Lebron under performed once and it was this past season for one game. You cannot blame Lebron for the Cavs lack of meaningful success.

First off, LeBron means "The son of the Brown man" did you know that?

Secondly, no, it wasn't once. LeBron underperformed last year in the playoffs and pretty much the year before that. He has had three years in a row of some disappointing performances I would say.

I am not saying his supporting cast played outstanding, but he also didn't get that supporting cast to "Rise up" as was anticipated of him.

Secondly, no, it wasn't once. LeBron underperformed last year in the playoffs and pretty much the year before that. He has had three years in a row of some disappointing performances I would say.

I am not saying his supporting cast played outstanding, but he also didn't get that supporting cast to "Rise up" as was anticipated of him

Totally disagree on Lebron. He played lights out almost all of last season despite the one playoff game against the Celtics. Look at this stats over the last 3 years if you want to use that sample size. Pretty ridiculous across the board.

He had a terrible playoff game and a bad 2009. That is still only one year, every other year he has been over an 80 rating. I'm not saying that Delhomme will set the world on fire but just the hint of being able to stretch the field will be better than what Wallace can do in dumping it off the majority of the time. Like I said though, if he repeats his 09 season I will be disappointed.

I am not saying his supporting cast played outstanding, but he also didn't get that supporting cast to "Rise up" as was anticipated of him

You have to be joking. On what planet does averaging 30.8/8.7/7.4 = under performing. As far as his teammates go, it is hard to make chicken soup out of chicken shit.

Totally disagree on Lebron. He played lights out almost all of last season despite the one playoff game against the Celtics. Look at this stats over the last 3 years if you want to use that sample size. Pretty ridiculous across the board.

First off, the Cavs lost 4 playoff games against the Celts. He did fairly poorly...for him...in just about all of them. Yes, for the normal player his stats look real good. But what we saw on the floor is not the LeBron that we have seen for years. Why? Don't know. He played disinterested, like he could care less if he won or loss. He may have still put up some good looking numbers, but he could put those kind of numbers up in his sleep. He may have actually been hurt. He may have been actually concerned about the rumors (probably false) that Delonte West was boffing his mama. He may have been thinking too much ahead to his free agent decision. He may have in fact tanked the game thinking that the only way that he would get to run with his posse was if he didn't win a title here. It is all speculative, but, trust me, he wasn't himself. (Even he would probably admit that)

Archived