THE BROWNS BOARD

WildDawg!

ATENEARS

i wouldnt compare wallace to byron, the slowest black man to EVER play the position. wallace has speed to burn and looks like he has that agility to make those quick changes in direction. i think what he's talking about is a typical fast athletic qb that was hounded by coaches for years to be a drop back style qb. once he sees J-Money jukin and spinnin outa the backfield he'll be following suit as well

Well, that is why I asked for clarification on what he meant.

(and who is J-Money? Cribbs?)

I hope they try that Tamed Puppy offense against us. Should be good for a few lols.

Let's put it this way: they, the Browns, have to try something to move the ball. Whether the vaunted (or is that just aged) Ravens D could stop it, who knows, but it might be a certainty that they might be able to stop the Browns regular offense if it looked anything like it did in the first 12 games of last year.

Well, that is why I asked for clarification on what he meant.

(and who is J-Money? Cribbs?)

and did i not try and clarify? out here in western canada they play a lot of seahawks games so ive seen a decent amount of him

and ya im talking about cribbs. Deon sanders started calling him "pay-the-man" at the end of last season, and since he got paid, and is the one bringing home the bacon for the browns, J-Money... pretty sure thats the last time ill call him that though :unsure: haha

and did i not try and clarify? out here in western canada they play a lot of seahawks games so ive seen a decent amount of him

and ya im talking about cribbs. Deon sanders started calling him "pay-the-man" at the end of last season, and since he got paid, and is the one bringing home the bacon for the browns, J-Money... pretty sure thats the last time ill call him that though :unsure: haha

And I thank you for the clarification.

Though, I have never heard any Browns fan (or player) refer to Cribbs by that moniker. I thought that belonged exclusively to Michael Jordan.

That old WidlDawg

By Tony Grossi, The Plain DealerJune 01, 2010, 11:27AM

Thomas Ondrey / The Plain Dealer

CLEVELAND — Doesn’t it appear the Browns are going out of their way to publicize the use of Josh Cribbs and Seneca Wallace in zany WildDawg plays?

It sounds more sensible that if they truly intended to incorporate the pair of all-purpose players into the mainstream of their offense, they would keep the plays under wraps and downplay them when asked.

Instead, coach Eric Mangini has talked them up enthusiastically and displayed the WildDawg in front of the media in organized team activities practices. He’s never that open about strategies.

My guess is that Mangini wants opponents to think the Browns can hurt them with the WildDawg just so that they devote a portion of their practice time preparing for a Cribbs-Wallace offense.

Mangini believes that attention will detract his opponents — if only for five minutes, or so — from preparing for what the Browns really intend to do. I would expect to see the WildDawg featured prominently in training camp and the preseason games. But when the real season starts, it will be mothballed and saved for only rare occasions.

Think about this: If Wallace is the No. 2 quarterback on game days, exposing him to a lot of WildDawg plays — especially with him catching passes — exposes him to the risk of injury. If a team’s No. 2 quarterback is injured in a game, it puts the team in a precarious position. The No. 3 QB then would be one bad hit to the No. 1 QB from entering.

According to the NFL third quarterback rule, if the No. 3 quarterback is inserted before the fourth quarter — even for a single play — the team’s first two quarterbacks cannot be used in the game at any position.

Now, Cribbs’ experience at QB lessens the risk if the starter needs a play or two on the sideline. Instead of bringing in the No. 3 quarterback, Cribbs could line up behind center.

Still, I imagine there is more hype than substance to the alleged claims of increased WildDawg — or Flash, or Cyclone — plays. Cribbs lined up at QB approximately 59 times last year. I can remember only a handful of plays of note — and one of them was an interception inside the 20 at Pittsburgh.

In sports, especially football, players feed off of other players..

If you have a passive defense than more times than not the offense will be passive (and visa versa)

A lot of our new players seem to play with an attitude that will quickly spread to the other units of the team IF they are successful...

Since our rebirth we've had numerous players that ran their mouth but couldn't back their brag (Brian Cox kicked two of them to the curb)..

I like what I've seen and read so far.. I'm goin to camp next week with the grandson and will form my "official" position then..

Attitude beat the Steelers last year---that's what its gonna take this year...

Peace

T.Dawg

That ain't half bad. The Browns oughta start marketing it: the Wild Dawg offense with Cribbs and Wallace. Once we win a few games with it maybe it'll catch.

I thought Cribbs was awesome in the WildDawg last year, adding Seneca just multiplies the variables defenses have to worry about.

Zombo

I'd go for Rabid Dawg

In sports, especially football, players feed off of other players..

If you have a passive defense than more times than not the offense will be passive (and visa versa)

A lot of our new players seem to play with an attitude that will quickly spread to the other units of the team IF they are successful...

Since our rebirth we've had numerous players that ran their mouth but couldn't back their brag (Brian Cox kicked two of them to the curb)..

I like what I've seen and read so far.. I'm goin to camp next week with the grandson and will form my "official" position then..

Attitude beat the Steelers last year---that's what its gonna take this year...

Peace

T.Dawg

last year mangini brought in a winning attitude and the demand for putting it all out there every play, now it seems we have the talent to move forward as well

its always said that the only thing that beats hard work is hard working talent, with the core that we have here and the atmosphere that mangini and co have created i think we finally have the start of both, and are moving in the right direction

last year mangini brought in a winning attitude and the demand for putting it all out there every play, now it seems we have the talent to move forward as well

its always said that the only thing that beats hard work is hard working talent, with the core that we have here and the atmosphere that mangini and co have created i think we finally have the start of both, and are moving in the right direction

mangini brought alot of necessary things to the browns that they didn't have before, but desperately needed (like discipline and you can see how it's benefitted this team). the browns used to be an undisciplined bunch of losers that were run by a couple of divas who thought they could do whatever they wanted to do. those divas were shipped out of town and mangini instilled discipline and a winning, never quit attitude into the team. you can see how this changed the browns. the winning, never quit attitude was part of the reason the browns won their last 4 games. and you can see how the discipline has changed this team by just checking out what's going on in tc. less guys are running laps.

Thursday, August 5, 2010

Cleveland Browns Camp: Sirius NFL Radio Doubts Cribbs/Wallace Cyclone

Written By Daniel Wolf

Football is in session in Cleveland and all the focus and talk is on their beloved Browns, who are hoping to surprise in 2010 after coming off of a four-game winning streak to close out the 2009 season.

After owner Randy Lerner hired new team president Mike Holmgren, the front office was rebuilt once again and nearly half of the roster is new compared to one season ago.

Of course, these are just typical things that occur for the Browns in what seems every year.

A not so typical thing that the Browns do have is Pro Bowler and NFL record holder Josh Cribbs.

Cribbs, Mr. Do-Everything, on both offense and special teams and has now become the city's biggest sports superstar with LeBron packing his bags for south Florida.

A master of what the Browns have called the Flash package (the Browns version of the WildDawg), he will be teaming up with new teammate and backup quarterback Seneca Wallace for the new Cyclone package, which is the WildDawg but with two WildDawg players on the field at the same time.

Browns fans, very excited about this new formation, have given a big buzz about it in training camp too since the Browns have shown many of its various formations and plays.

Sirius NFL radio thinks otherwise.

Having been at Browns camp in the tropical heat on Thursday August 5, both hosts Pat Kirwan and Tim Ryan thought that the new package is easily stoppable by the opposing defenses of the NFL.

Really?!

Did both Pat and Tim not see that when both Cribbs and Wallace are in shotgun, there is no clue as to what will happen next?

In this afternoon's practice, the Sirius hosts were able to watch as Wallace pitched the ball out to Cribbs who ran for at least five yards.

In most Browns fans eyes and the eyes of many other analysts, a five yard gain is a good thing and the hosts must have forgotten how Cribbs averaged 6.9 yards per carry.

Even if Wallace carries the ball, and he has taken hand-offs from Cribbs during camp, he averages 4.0 yards per carry for his career too.

Both can throw, run, and catch, but this is a formation that is easily stopped?

Many will beg to differ especially the fans who have seen this formations man more times in practices than the single practice and what was shown today.

Browns fans really don't care what the Sirius NFL hosts have to say because this is really one of the, if not the, first time a team is going to successfully run this type of formation.

Even when the Miami Dolphins began the WildDawg fad several seasons ago, there was plenty of resistance to the new formation and many said that it was a gimmick and would never stick around.

That was two years ago.

Now the NFL and all if its fans, experts, and analysts will take notice to the Browns' newest form of the WildDawg.

They do say that two is always better than one, and in 2010, the Browns will have two WildDawg quarterbacks on the field that same time and welcome the to Cyclone.

Who will be the first team to copy the Browns' Cyclone?

If it is successful, then more than one will follow suit.

(Daniel Wolf is exclusively covering the Browns training camp for both Dawg Scooper: THE Cleveland Browns Blog and Bleacher Report.)

i wouldnt compare wallace to byron, the slowest black man to EVER play the position. wallace has speed to burn and looks like he has that agility to make those quick changes in direction. i think what he's talking about is a typical fast athletic qb that was hounded by coaches for years to be a drop back style qb. once he sees J-Money jukin and spinnin outa the backfield he'll be following suit as well

Exactly right about his transition to a drop back QB. And that was all on Holmgren. Holmgren has a soft spot for Seneca and

vice versa since Holmgren is the one coach/GM that gave Seneca a shot at QB instead of trying to convert him to WR out

of college. It was a failed experiment. Reading the hype in Cleveland about utilizing Seneca's athletic ability in some other

way than just as the back up QB gives me a sense of Deja Vu. For years fans and media speculated on how awesome it

would be to see Seneca lined up at WR and later on in a WildDawg package. Seneca himself and even two different coaching

staffs often played along further fueling the fire. When it never materialized, the exact excuses mentioned here were used.

"They tell him not to run because they can't afford for him to get hurt." "If you put the third string QB in you can't replace

him", etc, etc... Last year Senca had 16 rushing attempts for 2 yards for .13 yards per carry, despite being lined up in

a WildDawg formation @ two times per game. In comparison, a slow, aging, injured Matt Hasselbeck had 26 carries for 119

yards for 4.5 yards per carry. My belief is that Seneca Wallace is afraid to get hit. Either that or he is just to proud to show

his atletic side for fear he will no longer be considered a legitimate QB. As for the passive attitude... I hate to tell you, but

Seneca is often seen on the sidelines pouting by himself on the bench. Not a leader by example for sure. It was reported

in Seattle that Seneca struggles with learning disabilities and often had troubles grasping the entire play book thus limiting

the number of plays available when he is playing QB. My guess is that one article is correct. You might see a little of

Seneca in the WildDawg in pre-season and a couple of early games, but it will soon be scrapped.

Senaca Wallace won some games for me in the past in ff - he was my backup qb.

Wallace, if he had a broken leg and a cast, could still out scramble DA.

Our Browns are in great shape with him on board.

The "WildDawg" has taken fire here in naples, Florida, as I introduced the term to one of my buddies that is part of our Sunday Browns gang, and he is taking it and running with it. We will be barking loud for the Wallace, Cribbs and the WildDawg.

Zombo

Straight from the Troggs:

Wild dawg...you make my heart sing...

You make everything

Groovy

I said wild dawg...

Wild dawg, I think I love you

But I wanna know for sure

Come on, hold me tight

I love you

Wild dawg...you make my heart sing...

You make everything

Groovy

I said wild dawg...

Wild dawg, I think you move me

But I wanna know for sure

So come on, hold me tight

You move me

Josh Cribbs and the WildDawg

ESPN's Adam Schefter writes how the Cleveland Browns may emulate the Miami Dolphins made the WildDawg a weapon, but the Cleveland Browns could elevate its effectiveness.

Wide receiver Josh Cribbs can play quarterback or wide receiver. Browns quarterback Seneca Wallace can play quarterback or wide receiver. Then there will be times when Cribbs and Wallace line up at running back and fullback, without the defense knowing where the ball is being snapped.

Cribbs, writes Schefter, knows his role will expand this coming season. And it has to. The Browns had one of the worst offenses last season, so they need to come up with every offensive gimmick possible.

Nobody likes gimmicks more than Cleveland coach Eric Mangini and nobody has any more toys than the Browns. Don't be surprised if the Browns take the WildDawg to a new level.

Good thinking, Wild Brownie would be vastly more apropp...........the dawg is and was and has been a loser................Roots work better

Archived