THE BROWNS BOARD

AFC North predictions

pizzadeliveryguy

1. Baltimore 11-5

I think they are the class of the division by far. The defense is a bit overrated these days but is still pretty good. The Offense has possibilities of being very scary. Flacco just keeps getting better, Rice is a stud, and they added two weapons at WR. I look for them to challenge for the SB.

2. Cincy 9-7

I'm not drinking the Bengal Kool-Aid. The defense is certainly good enough and the offense is getting a lot of press but until Palmer shows me a glimmer of what he once was, I'm not buying it. I just don't think he has the arm he used to.

3. Pittsburgh 7-9

4 games w/o Roethlisberger + counting on Flozell Adams is going to hurt. I don't think losing Holmes is going to be a huge drop but certainly hurts a bit. On the plus side, the defense should be rock solid with a healthy Polamalua.

4. Cleveland 6-10

I had a hard time finding more wins than this but I also see this as the floor for the Brown's season. I honestly think the can play with most teams if Delhomme isn't the turnover machine he was last year and the line can continue the road grader like performance that they ended the year with. The defense once again will be a weakness but it should be much improved over last year. I have high hopes but low expectations.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think its possible the browns are going to stun the nfl and make a run for the playoffs this year, however we may fall short depending on how responsive daboll and ryan are or aren't..

We clearly have decent talent now for being this early into a rebuild and its time for the coaches to prove their worth by putting some things together..i would be delighted with a 7-9 record as long as at least 6 losses were very competitive and fun games..

I believe the afcn is going to have a lot of splits this year and the browns will take their fair share this time around lowering the overall win record in the afcn..

Possible:

Browns 9-7

Baltimore 9-7

Stoolers 8-8

Bungals 7-9

Braincheck Reality:

Browns 7-9

Baltimore 9-7

Stoolers 8-8

Bungals 8-8

1. Baltimore 10-6

2. Pittsburgh 9-7

3. Cincy 8-8

4. Cleveland 7-9

Very Tight Division ...Rats Rock Solid Offense Better , Defense Good enough ... Pittsburgh Struggles early 1-3 minus BR , then Takes a couple more weeks to get Solid after his return. Bengals Underachieve Shocking... Browns Offense Great Improvement ...but defense Fails to sustain , 2011 will be VERY Interesting.

1. Baltimore 10-6

2. Pittsburgh 9-7

3. Cincy 8-8

4. Cleveland 7-9

Very Tight Division ...Rats Rock Solid Offense Better , Defense Good enough ... Pittsburgh Struggles early 1-3 minus BR , then Takes a couple more weeks to get Solid after his return. Bengals Underachieve Shocking... Browns Offense Great Improvement ...but defense Fails to sustain , 2011 will be VERY Interesting.

1. Baltimore 12-4

2. Cincy 10-6

3. Cleveland 9-7

4. Pittsburgh 5-11

Sorry but your franchise has gone to shit.

Every year we drop most of the close games. This year we have a decent vet QB and I bet that we will win those 6 point or less loses. We found something that really worked at the end of the year and have improved upon it. These guys actually believe and are showing the swagger that has been missing for years. Its ok to be the underdog, that way people dont take us seriously. We could be 2-0 heading into Atlanta and have a 6 game win streak on your resume. Things are looking up for once.

Ravens - 12-4

Bengals - 10-6

Steelers - 8-8

Browns - 5-11

Ravens are extremely dangerous, and Flacco is going to light things up this year. Ray Rice is deadly, and the defense is still a great unit.

The Bengals will have the firepower, but our OC is going to hold us back with his extremely predictable and bland play-calling. The defense is going to be strong, and Gresham and Shipley will have decent-good years for a rookie. I believe that the Bengals could also take the division from the Ravens, but it's to class to call for now.

The Steelers always seem to find a way to win. With Ben out for 4-6 games, it's going to hurt, and they'll go back to a smashmouth-play defense mentality, but they'll fall short in some games due to offensive struggles.

The Browns just aren't there yet. A great line, and an OK back (not going to say he's good until he puts together a full season, but he has ALOT of potential) isn't going to be enough to get past the QB play, as well as the defense. The Browns will split with the Steelers, and more than likely get swept by the Bengals and Ravens.

1. Baltimore 12-4

2. Cincy 10-6

3. Cleveland 9-7

4. Pittsburgh 5-11

Sorry but your franchise has gone to shit.

Lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oepXF2B5NK4

You've clearly lost your mind. I would love for someone to explain why the franchise has gone to "shit" Returning every defensive starter and the only subtraction worth talking about offensively is Holmes. Pittsburgh is at least a 10 win team.

Lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oepXF2B5NK4

You've clearly lost your mind. I would love for someone to explain why the franchise has gone to "shit" Returning every defensive starter and the only subtraction worth talking about offensively is Holmes. Pittsburgh is at least a 10 win team.

Nice song. Talk to me week 8.

Browns - 10-6

Dirty stupid ugly smelly ratbirds - 9-7

Bengals - 8-8

Squeelers - 8-8

The Browns win the division because they swept the skunk cabbage ratbirds and Bengals, and split with the squeelers...

the one squeeler win over the Browns is because in Pittyfullbooger the referees ruled that Troy Pollypoopoo was allowed to take out

the knee of every first string offensive linemen of the Browns with a blind side cheapshot .... during a timeout when they were huddled up on their sideline, as a penalty on the Browns for not liking Heinz catsup, and liking the real stuff, Hunts.

The ratbirds defense is old and not going to get there.

The squeeler defense is good enough to still bail

out Ben Butthead Rothlicksbooger, any other qb, and a questionable oline.

The Bengals surprise a few teams with a better, young, scrappy defense, but they lose their starting qb in the first game against Pittsburg

due to a late hit right as the first half expired, and their qb was getting his knee looked at as he sat on the Bengals' bench....because Pollypoopoo poked him in the eye with his hair,

and violently humped his leg.

Well, if ya don't want to know, don't ask. B)

i think the whole division is overrated. there will be one team who will get to 11 wins and get a home wild-card game. i don't know which one of the 4 it will be...i hope its the browns, but who knows.

all 4 four teams will have half of their games decided by less than 6, and it'll depend on which team gets those close ones

The number of wins on the Steeler balance sheet could depend on how well they do without BR and the number of games he's actually out. A swing of one or two games could make a big difference in how their season turns out.

This thread is great! I think you all have been smoking some left handed cigarettes. The Steelers are going nowhere this year. They will likely finish last in the division. And to Homotron. Pittsburgh wasn't a 10 win team last year!!!! So they can return whoever and they still won't be a ten win team this year. Oh wait ! And RAPELISBURGER has at least a 4 game suspension. Damn good thing you have Dixon and not the crap backup qb's that the Bungholes have. Quinn might even be better then those losers. And wow does he SUCK! Here is how I see it shaking out.

Baltimore 11-5

Cincinnati Bungholes 10-6

Cleveland Browns 8-8

Sqeelers 7-9

1. Baltimore 10-6

2. Pittsburgh 9-7

3. Cincy 8-8

4. Cleveland 7-9

I think this sounds about right, though I might switch Pitt and Cinci, though that is not a big switch. No Wild Cards out of this division I don't believe.

Questions on this topic:

1. Haven't the Ravens suffered a series of injuries that might hurt their chances? Also, can the aging of some of the key components of their defense be an issue....Ray Lewis, Ed Reed, etc.?

2. Will the Bengals lose their yo-yo performance and actually have 2 good years in a row? Will the Ocho/T.O. circus be a positive or a negative for that team?

3. Can the return of Polamalu and Justin? Aaron? Whatever Smith allow the Steeler defense return to dominance or not? Will the BR fiasco be a distraction to that team? Will Dixon/Leftwich be an adequate replacement for BR while he is out?

4. For the Browns, can Delhomme return to his good form or will he be the bad Delhomme of last year? Can the organizational aptitude of Mike Holmgren bring immediate dividends in the form of having the Browns be an actual competitive team as they were the last 4 games of last year?

I'm looking at the schedule and the most I can come up with is 9 wins. I think 10 wins is the absolute ceiling for Pitt this year. That offensive line is not good and most of their easier games are on the road.

I'm glad everyone is sleeping on the Steelers this year. They relish the underdog light and always excel when the national media doubts their ability to win. Everyone says the offensive line isn't good but we won a Super Bowl behind that offensive line and Ben had solid stats that season. Pouncey is likely going to start at center and that's a immediate upgrade. We also have a huge offensive line and Adams should adjust by the time the regular season rolls around to the RT position. The Defense on the other hand is going to be ridiculous. Polamalu and Aaron Smith returning healthy is huge. We played most of last season without Troy but apparently everyone chooses to forget just how many games he missed. Add in the fact that Harrison played most of last year with torn ligaments in his arm and Bryant McFadden is back in the starting line up with Gay at Nickel and the defense is as good if not better than the squad that went to the Bowl against the Cards. We're talking best defense of all time statistically. The fan base in Pittsburgh is also officially calling for Dennis Dixon and I whole heartedly believe with our defense and him behind center we can come out of the suspension with at least 2 wins, possibly more. He nearly beat the Ravens last season without Smith and Polamalu.

Pittsburgh is at least a 10 win team. Keying on the "at least" portion. I'm expecting 11-5 or 12-4 outing but said 10 to temper my optimism. All of which is precisely why I laugh hysterically when people say Pittsburgh is done. Lol based on what exactly? Factor in all our injuries last year, yes I understand injuries happen but they are still relevant. Return those injured players and we don't lose 7 games last season. We don't lose 5 games last season. Pittsburgh with a healthy troy and Aaron Smith and Harrison for that matter were a 12 win team last season, if not more. We didn't lose a game by more than 7 points and most of the games were lost in the 4th quarter. Now I don't know what planet that constitutes a implosion but it's somewhere far, far away.

Keep sleeping on the Steelers. Please. It will make everything that much more amusing when the cards fall this season.

I'm glad everyone is sleeping on the Steelers this year. They relish the underdog light and always excel when the national media doubts their ability to win. Everyone says the offensive line isn't good but we won a Super Bowl behind that offensive line and Ben had solid stats that season. Pouncey is likely going to start at center and that's a immediate upgrade. We also have a huge offensive line and Adams should adjust by the time the regular season rolls around to the RT position. The Defense on the other hand is going to be ridiculous. Polamalu and Aaron Smith returning healthy is huge. We played most of last season without Troy but apparently everyone chooses to forget just how many games he missed. Add in the fact that Harrison played most of last year with torn ligaments in his arm and Bryant McFadden is back in the starting line up with Gay at Nickel and the defense is as good if not better than the squad that went to the Bowl against the Cards. We're talking best defense of all time statistically. The fan base in Pittsburgh is also officially calling for Dennis Dixon and I whole heartedly believe with our defense and him behind center we can come out of the suspension with at least 2 wins, possibly more. He nearly beat the Ravens last season without Smith and Polamalu.

Pittsburgh is at least a 10 win team. Keying on the "at least" portion. I'm expecting 11-5 or 12-4 outing but said 10 to temper my optimism. All of which is precisely why I laugh hysterically when people say Pittsburgh is done. Lol based on what exactly? Factor in all our injuries last year, yes I understand injuries happen but they are still relevant. Return those injured players and we don't lose 7 games last season. We don't lose 5 games last season. Pittsburgh with a healthy troy and Aaron Smith and Harrison for that matter were a 12 win team last season, if not more. We didn't lose a game by more than 7 points and most of the games were lost in the 4th quarter. Now I don't know what planet that constitutes a implosion but it's somewhere far, far away.

Keep sleeping on the Steelers. Please. It will make everything that much more amusing when the cards fall this season.

Why don't you cut to the chase and give your prediction on the entire division.

Why don't you cut to the chase and give your prediction on the entire division.

Ravens: 12-4

Pittsburgh: 11-5 (only because of the 4 game suspension)

Bengals: 9-7

Browns: 6-10

Everyone says the offensive line isn't good but we won a Super Bowl behind that offensive line and Ben had solid stats that season. Pouncey is likely going to start at center and that's a immediate upgrade.

That line last year was middle of the road in run blocking and only had 9 rushing TDs while giving up the second most sacks in the NFL. Do you think replacing Colon with an over the hill Adams is going to help that. Also, while I think Pouncey will be good, using a rookie at center is not a recipe for success either.

That line last year was middle of the road in run blocking and only had 9 rushing TDs while giving up the second most sacks in the NFL. Do you think replacing Colon with an over the hill Adams is going to help that. Also, while I think Pouncey will be good, using a rookie at center is not a recipe for success either.

Flozell Adams will adjust and before you go spouting off rushing statistics you may want to A. Look at the number of pass attempts vs rush attempts and B. Factor in the fact that Mendenhall didn't go the full season. As far as Pouncey is concerned or rookie centers in general it depends on the intelligence of said player in obvious conjunction with athletic ability. Pouncey apparently has plenty of both. I also expect our offensive line to be much more physical with Sean Kugler now the offensive line coach. He preaches mean streak and I believe that's what he'll get. The offensive line will be solid and Pittsburgh will be deep in the playoffs. Once again I love that people are sleeping on the Steelers. Dixon or Lefwich for that matter are very capable of getting 2-3 wins in that 4 game stint. Hell I'd go as far as saying 4 wins if Dixon gets the start just because of his ability to run and the would be prowess of our defense. Everyone is going to sh.it their pants if Pittsburgh comes out of that suspension at 4-0. Big Ben has also had a flawless camp and is apparently in the best shape of his career.

Flozell Adams will adjust and before you go spouting off rushing statistics you may want to A. Look at the number of pass attempts vs rush attempts and B. Factor in the fact that Mendenhall didn't go the full season. As far as Pouncey is concerned or rookie centers in general it depends on the intelligence of said player in obvious conjunction with athletic ability. Pouncey apparently has plenty of both. I also expect our offensive line to be much more physical with Sean Kugler now the offensive line coach. He preaches mean streak and I believe that's what he'll get. The offensive line will be solid and Pittsburgh will be deep in the playoffs. Once again I love that people are sleeping on the Steelers. Dixon or Lefwich for that matter are very capable of getting 2-3 wins in that 4 game stint. Hell I'd go as far as saying 4 wins if Dixon gets the start just because of his ability to run and the would be prowess of our defense. Everyone is going to sh.it their pants if Pittsburgh comes out of that suspension at 4-0. Big Ben has also had a flawless camp and is apparently in the best shape of his career.

You keep talking about Adams "settling in" and "adjusting", none of that helps the fact that he is a horrible pass protector and a penalty machine.

Willie Colon -- 9 penalties, 6 sacks allowed, 4 hits allowed, 5 QB pressures allowed

Max Starks -- 7 penalties, 8 sacks allowed, 8 hits allowed, 15 QB pressures allowed

Are you ready for this?

Flozell Adams -- 13 penalties, 8 sacks allowed, 7 hits allowed, 34 QB pressures allowed

You keep talking about Adams "settling in" and "adjusting", none of that helps the fact that he is a horrible pass protector and a penalty machine.

Willie Colon -- 9 penalties, 6 sacks allowed, 4 hits allowed, 5 QB pressures allowed

Max Starks -- 7 penalties, 8 sacks allowed, 8 hits allowed, 15 QB pressures allowed

Are you ready for this?

Flozell Adams -- 13 penalties, 8 sacks allowed, 7 hits allowed, 34 QB pressures allowed

Nice work, pizza dude.

Zombo

--Watch Homotron wiggle and waffle...

Are you ready for this?

Pittsburgh didn't take a flyer on him because of his ability to pass protect. Look at his run play stats, completely different animal and precisely why Pittsburgh took the Adams leap. He'll adjust to the RT position and be what he needs to be when we run the ball. He doesn't have to go against the top DE/LB pass rush at RT. All we need is for him to be marginal in pass protection and above average on the run. He fits the bill on the run.

As I'm sure you know the LT position is a different position. He'll do fine at RT and if he doesn't they'll cut him and plug someone else in...

Pittsburgh didn't take a flyer on him because of his ability to pass protect. Look at his run play stats, completely different animal and precisely why Pittsburgh took the Adams leap. He'll adjust to the RT position and be what he needs to be when we run the ball. He doesn't have to go against the top DE/LB pass rush at RT. All we need is for him to be marginal in pass protection and above average on the run. He fits the bill on the run.

As I'm sure you know the LT position is a different position. He'll do fine at RT and if he doesn't they'll cut him and plug someone else in...

You are hoping your starting right tackle can be "marginal" at pass protection? You know ... they came from the right-side too. Are you also hoping that your receivers are "decent catchers" that your running backs are "kinda fast" and that your quarterbacks are"sorta accurate"?

Zombo

You are hoping your starting right tackle can be "marginal" at pass protection? You know ... they came from the right-side too. Are you also hoping that your receivers are "decent catchers" that your running backs are "kinda fast" and that your quarterbacks are"sorta accurate"?

Zombo

I'm just saying that Pittsburgh didn't take a chance on him because of his ability to pass protect. Marginal aka middle of the road will do just fine at RT because the last i checked Ben is pretty damn mobile and at least he can see whomever coming from the right side and do something about it. As far as everything else is concerned I don't need to hope. We have plenty of speed at those respective positions.

Archived