THE BROWNS BOARD

Anderson starting over Leinart

IschY

Anderson played well today.

He may never catch the magic he had a few years ago, but he is a NFl bottom 3rd starting QB. maybe better if he gains some consistency.

But, it doesn't really matter. All I really care about are Delomme, Wallace, Ratliff, and McCoy because they play for my team.

In a fleeting way I care about Peyton Manning, Matt Stafford, Chad Henne, and Tim Tebow....they are the QB's on my FF keeper team. There will be a few more to add to the list once I draft for my 2 rotisserie leagues in a week or so.

Playing on a bad team does make it hard for a QB to succeed, but good QBs make the players around them better.

Maybe that explains why the Browns were 16 and 17 with DA as starter and 7 and 24 the rest of the time he was here.

Seeing DA and Quinn in the preseason just makes me appreciate Delhomme that much more. The last few games I could not believe my eyes because it look like we actually had a QB. Im not saying Delhomme is the next Kurt Warner but when you use to crumbs and then all of a sudden you get a slice of bread your happy!!!

DA and Quinn rate far, far, far, far down the list of BACKUP QUARTERBACKS in my book,

Da would be higher because of his arm.

Delhomme and Wallace are a gigantic breath of fresh air. Forget the past, these two Browns qb's

can PLAY the game. They can even think fast and make great decisions.

Whole new ballgame !

Delhomme is better than DA and I think it's pretty obvious. Heck, even grandpa Farve is far better....when standing. Jake has the same issue as lots of good veterans like Warner (isnt playing but could) have. Hit him a few times and the season is over. That's why Jake was let go and young Matt Moore is QB for Carolina.

DA will do o.k in AZ, and I'm not surprised they took him. The rest of the country saw things different from what Cleveland residents saw. No one expected anything out of DA and he produces 2007 season. Then everyone expects 07 repeat in 08, ....well everyone in Cleveland anyway, but the team sucks and having idiot coach doesn't really help the whole situation. So, 3-5 start actually wasn't bad and whole season should have ended at 7-9 or with some luck 8-8. Heck, you saw the rest. There's a good reason 49 other states submitted a petition to rename Cleveland Browns to Clusterfunk Browns (n is silent). I don't think other teams look down on DA as much because his career started in a very dysfunctional franchise.

Go ahead disagree with me, but that's what fans of other teams saw.

DA's biggest issue is that he thinks he can beat triple coverage with his arm; he often does, but the down side is pretty brutal.

Browns might go 12-4 or 4-12 depending on how many times Jake gets hit in the first game. And all that talk about Seneca being awesome QB, lolz. I watched him play. He's good for a game and a half. Then it will be Charlie Fry - 2, I meant 3 (Quinn was 2).

p.s. Not a Browns fan, but has been following Browns closely for 5 years now. It's like a weird addiction.

Archived