THE BROWNS BOARD

James Davis

ATENEARS

James Davis hits the holes with great timing, meaning he hits them fast while they are there. He is shifty, although it appeared that when he got into daylight that he didn't have the after-burner to take it to the house. He could be a great change of pace between the tackles though.

I would say Davis has tremendous vision and burst. He stays.

Hardesty may have come back too quickly, but he walked off the field okay...

The Browns finally have some nice depth a lot of positions, if not most.

Nice problem to have.

I would say Davis has tremendous vision and burst. He stays.

Hardesty may have come back too quickly, but he walked off the field okay...

The Browns finally have some nice depth a lot of positions, if not most.

Nice problem to have.

agreed. i think davis has more to offer the browns on offense than jennings does.

i hope hardesty is ok, but if he can't play this season, i'm confident the running game will still thrive with jerome, hillis, cribbs and davis (if he makes the team).

With Hardesty showing warning signs of having KiJana Carter syndrome, the Browns would be nuts not to keep Davis as an insurance policy. It's rare that a team keeps 2 fullbacks, but in this case I think it's warranted with Vickers and Hillis.

Assuming Hardesty isn't crippled, it would about for sure mean the Browns will only carry 3 qbs.

James Davis hits the holes with great timing, meaning he hits them fast while they are there. He is shifty, although it appeared that when he got into daylight that he didn't have the after-burner to take it to the house. He could be a great change of pace between the tackles though.

Cast my vote for Davis over Jennings. He has some moves and can break it wide. To bad he went down with a injury early last year. Our stable of RB's looks great comparded to the last couple of years. Jake should be able to spread the field for the run game to be one of our strenghts. "Rock on Browns!"

I have not watched the game yet but Im not a Jennings or Davis fan. It seems like Davis never breaks a tackle. In the Lions game it took no more than a finger to get him to the ground. I dont see him as a future #1 back for us. Monterio's injury really bothers me. I think we need to see whats available after final cuts. As it is I think we might see more of Hillis than people expect. I love our "bash brothers" backfield with Hillis and Vickers.

Davis is awesome and would have been our starter last year if he didn't get hurt IMO. There's a reason he kept CJ Spiller on the bench at Clemson.

Samoth, I don't think Davis kept Spiller off the field. I think it was the other way round. There was a long pre-draft discussion on the radio about how Davis' carries decreased as Spiller emerged. That isn't to say that Davis isn't any good. I, too, was excited about Davis potentially being a breakout player last year. Hopefully that will happen this year!

With Hardesty showing warning signs of having KiJana Carter syndrome, the Browns would be nuts not to keep Davis as an insurance policy. It's rare that a team keeps 2 fullbacks, but in this case I think it's warranted with Vickers and Hillis.

Assuming Hardesty isn't crippled, it would about for sure mean the Browns will only carry 3 qbs.

agreed.

Archived