THE BROWNS BOARD

Peyton Hillis is DA MAN !

Armchair Bronco

• 2 months later...

I *had* to resurrect this thread after Peyton Hillis's career performance against the New England Patriots in Week #9.

184 rushing yards, 2 rushing TD's, and 3 receptions for 36 yards. Are you kidding me? There were at least three "highlight reel" plays in that game, too (Hillis leaping over a defender to start the game, his schweet sideline catch for nearly 30 yards, and his bust-away run to seal the deal at the end of the game).

I couldn't be happier for the guy. Stoopid Josh "Stalin" McDaniels deserves to be shredded for trading away Hillis, and Holmgren deserves unending praise for being able to spot this diamond in the rough. (Actually, all Holmgren had to do was watch highlights from the Broncos 2008 season when Hillis ripped it up. Apparently, McDaniels is too smart to have watched any highlight reels from 2008 when he took over the Broncos and promptly dismantled the team.)

Here's a link to Yahoo! Sports, where McDoofus is called out for making one of the most terrible, most lopsided trades in Broncos history:

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=AsiJ...andlosers110710

Go Hillis! You 'da man!

I *had* to resurrect this thread after Peyton Hillis's career performance against the New England Patriots in Week #9.

184 rushing yards, 2 rushing TD's, and 3 receptions for 36 yards. Are you kidding me? There were at least three "highlight reel" plays in that game, too (Hillis leaping over a defender to start the game, his schweet sideline catch for nearly 30 yards, and his bust-away run to seal the deal at the end of the game).

I couldn't be happier for the guy. Stoopid Josh "Stalin" McDaniels deserves to be shredded for trading away Hillis, and Holmgren deserves unending praise for being able to spot this diamond in the rough. (Actually, all Holmgren had to do was watch highlights from the Broncos 2008 season when Hillis ripped it up. Apparently, McDaniels is too smart to have watched any highlight reels from 2008 when he took over the Broncos and promptly dismantled the team.)

Here's a link to Yahoo! Sports, where McDoofus is called out for making one of the most terrible, most lopsided trades in Broncos history:

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=AsiJ...andlosers110710

Go Hillis! You 'da man!

Was it actually McDaniels who made this decision? Do not the Broncos have some GM or Pres. of Football Operations making most of the personell decisions? If not, they should. A basic rookie HC should NOT be making personell decisions. We learned that here from Butch Davis. So, who is running the show in Denver?

Also, the best thing from the article you linked was this:

The awesome CBS nugget about Colt McCoy, who is the first quarterback to make his first three career starts against three Super Bowl-winning quarterbacks: Ben Roethlisberger(notes), Drew Brees(notes) and Tom Brady.

Was it actually McDaniels who made this decision? Do not the Broncos have some GM or Pres. of Football Operations making most of the personell decisions? If not, they should. A basic rookie HC should NOT be making personell decisions. We learned that here from Butch Davis. So, who is running the show in Denver?

Also, the best thing from the article you linked was this:

The awesome CBS nugget about Colt McCoy, who is the first quarterback to make his first three career starts against three Super Bowl-winning quarterbacks: Ben Roethlisberger(notes), Drew Brees(notes) and Tom Brady.

Gip,

I don't know who signed off on the trade from a Denver point of view but Hillis was a One Man Gang against the Jets in '08. McDaniels has shown in his brief time in Denver that he clearly has his own opinion about player dispensibility. He couldn't get along with Cutler (and while I don't like him I can't fault Cutler for feeling slighted). He couldn't get along with Marshall. He shipped them out of town. Josh McDaniels has a little bit of that stubborn hubris that is similar to the way Rex Ryan feels about evaluating defensive players. He discarded a very good player and two draft picks for Brady Quinn who remains inactive. He then traded up in the first round to draft a project QB. I don't know what his plan is...but I think there's some 'splainin' to do....

Archived