THE BROWNS BOARD

'Apparantly Shawn Lauvao twisted his ankle'

halfsane

"Apparantly Shawn Lauvao twisted his ankle Wednesday, so the team needed Billy Yates back for this week. If no one claims Titus Brown, I'd imagine the team would try to re-sign him the following week. I'd take this as a sign that Brown probably would've been inactive Sunday if he had played."

www.dawgbones.com <-- from here

Hopefully its minor and this is just insurance. I want to see Lauvao play from the start.

"Apparantly Shawn Lauvao twisted his ankle Wednesday, so the team needed Billy Yates back for this week. If no one claims Titus Brown, I'd imagine the team would try to re-sign him the following week. I'd take this as a sign that Brown probably would've been inactive Sunday if he had played."

Hopefully its minor and this is just insurance. I want to see Lauvao play from the start.

Who?

That is just terrible news, I was expecting a new RG and RT this week. Back to the same old broke down right side. I hope Shawn is ok, ankles and big guys don't mix.

Yeah its a shame i hope he gets back quickly i think he may become a steal in last years draft, i was impressed the way he handled Suh but then the week after had a hard time with the Bears DT i believe, ethier way i think it all starts up front and i hope he gets back soon

He's not a starter on the depth chart ... yet.

If he misses one game for a twisted ankle and we cut our 11th lineback to secure another backup ... I'm way OK with that.

Zombo

I think we are at 10 now with Titus Brown getting cut

• 2 months later...

Just so you guys know it was reported today that Yates is being put on IR with a bicep injury and that Lauvao will be starting in his spot for the rest of the season. I remember seeing Lauvao in at the end of the game but I didn't think Yates was seriously injured. You never want to see a guy get promoted to starter like this, but it did work out well for McCoy. Lets see what our rookie gaurd can do.

Archived