THE BROWNS BOARD

Good luck Seneca!

kcjonez37

I came to this board months back after Seneca was dealt to the Browns from Seattle to rejoin holmgren. So yeah, seahawks fan but not here to argue/troll/ruffle feathers. Back then I was trying to give you guys some insight about a guy you didn't know much about.

I will say that after watching Jake play, Seneca isn't going to be a step down. He's solid, else holmgren woudln't have picked him up. He knows a thing or two about evaluating QB's.

I've seen a lot of comments on various sports sites talking about wallace like he's terrible or something. Here in seattle he did pretty good for the time he spent behind a shaky oline with no running game after the hutch/alexander days.

Much like the hawks you guys have nothing to lose.

Here's to hoping they let seneca loose to do what he does best, run around and be unpredictable. No doubt he is unpolished, and hey it's going to lead to some bad throws and turnovers but can't imagine it would be much worse than the last year or so of Jake Delhomme's play, and seneca gives you the bonus of being fun to watch. Pair him up with Cribbs and give them some time to get on the same page and it could be really fun to watch.

Overall, I will say this. . .Seneca may not be a long term starter, but he never LOST any games for us here in Seattle, and that's something I think you guys are accustomed too....QB's that lose the game with their shoddy play, but Seneca won't leave anything out there.

hope that at least helps give some confidence in him. If anything he's going to be more fun to watch than delhomme.

I just want to know which member of the front office hired a midget to Tanya Harding Delhomme's ankle so Wallace could start. Any ideas? It's still way early in the season but some should prepare for their crow burgers in the not so distant future. The Delhomme resurgence is on a aggresive slide.

Dont forget that Seneca is still tied to a string called Brian Daboll.

LOL a string that has holmgrens scissors much closer than anyone knows...

Even with daboll in his head like a bot fly im still looking very forward to seneca's debut..i cancelled my sunday ticket monday but they called me back tuesday and offered it for $149.00 after some haggling about being a browns fan with no desire to pay to watch this joke of a team with horrendous coaching, the guy said he has been handling browns fans all day and understood...so how about 149.00 final offer...hmmm ummm alright..i still think i ripped myself off i told him.. hehehehehe

And, like always, after one game everyone is screaming for the backup.

You people disgust me.

I don't think anyone is calling for Wallace. Right now it's looking like he's going to start. All we are doing is wishing him luck and hoping he can be better than Delhomme. Some people will always be calling for the backup, but I believe most are just hoping Seneca can come in and light it up.

Read the title, Good luck Seneca! Not, we want Seneca.

calm-down.jpg

This is the only town where the #2 is always "DA MAN"

This honestly made me LOL.

If Seneca starts and fails within the next few games the calls for Colt will start soon.

On Sunday evening I thought of all the debates I had will Panthers fans over the summer that Jake would bounce back and still had something then while trading Delhomme for Aaron Rogers on madden for the iPhone I was reminded that the Browns are paying him 7 mil.

I know its early but things don't look good.

I don't think anyone is calling for Wallace. Right now it's looking like he's going to start. All we are doing is wishing him luck and hoping he can be better than Delhomme. Some people will always be calling for the backup, but I believe most are just hoping Seneca can come in and light it up.

Read the title, Good luck Seneca! Not, we want Seneca.

calm-down.jpg

I'm not talking about in this thread necessarily, I'm just talking overall. It gets tiring every season seeing "We want (insert backup flavor of the week), or Bring in (so and so).

Don't get me wrong, I was calling for DA's head with the best of 'em, but this is a different situation.

And I wrote that comment before I checked the news, I didn't realize Jakeycakes was in a walking boot.

It is tiring every year so is losing. Hopefully soon the qb position will be solid some way some how.

I still think the Brown would have beat the steeler's in the playoffs if Holcomb played the whole game instead of couch.

It's not going to be solid if we keep wanting to switch to the backup. And I agree about the game. We could have won that game.

If seneca is in this weekend I want him to do his job which is be a solid backup and make smart decisions. A good backup wins games when theyre called upon and that's what I am hoping for. I don't want jake replaced he is our qb and so what he had some turnovers, they all do. This back and forth shit with the qb p[osition is over, jake is our man for the time being end of story.

If seneca is in this weekend I want him to do his job which is be a solid backup and make smart decisions. A good backup wins games when theyre called upon and that's what I am hoping for. I don't want jake replaced he is our qb and so what he had some turnovers, they all do. This back and forth shit with the qb p[osition is over, jake is our man for the time being end of story.

But here's the thing: What if Wallace plays like an starter, not a good backup, then what? We go back to Delhomme? My thinking is that if Wallace plays lights out, Delhomme may not return ever as starter.

But here's the thing: What if Wallace plays like an starter, not a good backup, then what? We go back to Delhomme? My thinking is that if Wallace plays lights out, Delhomme may not return ever as starter.

I guarantee that will not happen. It's crap that people even have that idea in their head, Jake was doing good til he threw that interception and hurt his ankle then the rest of the game was screwed because of the injury. You don't bench a player for 1 bad game you don't penalize him for getting hurt. I know as cleveland fans we are hungry for a winner but if qb's get thrown under the bus every year we will never have success at that position. We are rebuilding not reloading please keep that in mind, this will take a few years it sure as hell isn't going to happen over night. Perhaps expectations were too high for delhomme personally I looked at it like this, maybe he will revert back to his old days when he lit it up but maybe he's just over. Let's say we do have a crash and burn season I see 2 reasons that would make that worth it: Mark Ingram - Jake Locker (just a couple options) now that's just a bonus if we crash and burn I'd much rather have a decent season BUT there would some gold at the end of that xxxxed up rainbow if we do end up in the basement.

I guarantee that will not happen. It's crap that people even have that idea in their head, Jake was doing good til he threw that interception and hurt his ankle then the rest of the game was screwed because of the injury. You don't bench a player for 1 bad game you don't penalize him for getting hurt. I know as cleveland fans we are hungry for a winner but if qb's get thrown under the bus every year we will never have success at that position. We are rebuilding not reloading please keep that in mind, this will take a few years it sure as hell isn't going to happen over night. Perhaps expectations were too high for delhomme personally I looked at it like this, maybe he will revert back to his old days when he lit it up but maybe he's just over. Let's say we do have a crash and burn season I see 2 reasons that would make that worth it: Mark Ingram - Jake Locker (just a couple options) now that's just a bonus if we crash and burn I'd much rather have a decent season BUT there would some gold at the end of that xxxxed up rainbow if we do end up in the basement.

good post. fortunately, we have holmgren running the show now. he has a better track record than the previous knee jerk reacting, dimwits that ran the browns before him.

Archived