THE BROWNS BOARD

Anxiety throwing the ball from Mangini

Guest Metcalf_FTW

Guest Metcalf_FTW

Something I had noticed during the first half, before our second touchdown, was that our offense was driving the ball consistently down the field through the air. On this drive in particular, Daboll was pretty pass-happy with the offense. As we approached first and goal, Daboll and either a four or five receiver set spread wide and a timeout was called out of nowhere, from the sidelines, while the defense was on edge.

The camera came onto Daboll and Mangini passed him, saying very firmly (I read his lips), "Slow it down!" Mangini was not too happy with all the passing and the offense about to spread WR's on first and goal when we had no problem running the ball. I said mark my words, Mangini said that to Daboll and after this timeout we will be running the ball.

First play, Hillis scores a touchdown on a toss to the left side with a great block from Steinbach. I was just proud that I caught this! haha

Im glad someone else noticed that too, its not the first time mangini has done this with ryan and dabs but its the first time he may have been right...

Mangini had to know full well that this club was a mess and needed an experienced OC and DC he brought the experienced DC in ryan and i have no complaints there other than we cant seem to generate an acceptable amount of pressure for some reason...

I also think our assistant line coaches and such are leagues better than what we have had since the expansion...absolutely no complaints here..

Yet he brings dabs in as a rookie OC instead of bringing in an experienced OC which is what this club needed more than anything and i put that on mangini he brought the wrong guy in daboll at the wrong time and holmgren as his first act as idiot and chief let it stand...

The sooner dabs is replaced by someone like haskell the better and then mangini should be thoroughly re-evaluated at the end of the season based on progress...there is something wrong in the front office as nothing seems to be getting done to fix anything but i dont want to elaborate on that just yet as holmgren has barely had time to hang his hat...

Where is heckert and holmgren and why is the lispy lying everything is jus great mangini still the face of the club..will holmgren or heckert attend games or ever step up and act like they are the upper management instead of mangini's lap dogs?

I really dont like a lot of what we are seeing on offense some things are rather alarming and the end results always leave more questions about the way mangini and daboll run things than answers...

Im glad someone else noticed that too, its not the first time mangini has done this with ryan and dabs but its the first time he may have been right...

Mangini had to know full well that this club was a mess and needed an experienced OC and DC he brought the experienced DC in ryan and i have no complaints there other than we cant seem to generate an acceptable amount of pressure for some reason...

I also think our assistant line coaches and such are leagues better than what we have had since the expansion...absolutely no complaints here..

Yet he brings dabs in as a rookie OC instead of bringing in an experienced OC which is what this club needed more than anything and i put that on mangini he brought the wrong guy in daboll at the wrong time and holmgren as his first act as idiot and chief let it stand...

The sooner dabs is replaced by someone like haskell the better and then mangini should be re-evaluated at the end of the season...there is something wrong in the front office as nothing seems to be getting done to fix anything but i dont want to elaborate on that just yet...

Where is heckert and holmgren and why is the lispy lying everything is jus great mangini still the face of the club..will holmgren or heckert attend games or ever step up and act like they are the upper management instead of mangini's lap dogs?

you need to stop with the Holmgren bashing.. He has done nothing wrong so far.. Time will tell whether or not he does a good job but lately you have been killing these boards with pessimism.. Why would Holmgren change anything after ending the year on a 4 game win streak? I'm glad he didn't just come in and change everything right off the bat.. Our preseason games went well for the most part, so lets just see how we do the next few games before we throw coaches and players under the bus...

Something I had noticed during the first half, before our second touchdown, was that our offense was driving the ball consistently down the field through the air. On this drive in particular, Daboll was pretty pass-happy with the offense. As we approached first and goal, Daboll and either a four or five receiver set spread wide and a timeout was called out of nowhere, from the sidelines, while the defense was on edge.

The camera came onto Daboll and Mangini passed him, saying very firmly (I read his lips), "Slow it down!" Mangini was not too happy with all the passing and the offense about to spread WR's on first and goal when we had no problem running the ball. I said mark my words, Mangini said that to Daboll and after this timeout we will be running the ball.

First play, Hillis scores a touchdown on a toss to the left side with a great block from Steinbach. I was just proud that I caught this! haha

What... Ok, I understand the need for a balanced offense... but passing sure worked for the Saints.. (I know were not the saints).. But if the offense was working, swallow your friggin pride and go with it... If Daboll was smart enough to see weakness in the D, the exploit it. Our running game wasn't to brilliant in the first half and the second half it was dismal. All we did in the second was stay in the box.. and the Bucs loaded the box.. nothing you can do if you don't spread the offense and keep the Defense honest.

I hope Holmgren was on Mangini that night railing him... I guess I would lose weight to if I had Holmgren on my back all the time...

I gotta be honest i wasnt thrilled with the hire when i first heard about it but im always willing to give a person another chance i just didnt like him much with the jets but i still dont have hate towards him at all in fact if anything i only hope the oppoiste because hes the coach of the team i am so passoniate towards, but i think the playcalling was very typically and i dont know who to blame it on but i believe we do need agasnt the chiefs this week or things are going to be pretty ugly in Cleveland..

It was a 63 yard drive and the play before it was a 39 yard RUN by Harrison. So, of the 63 yards, 39 were covered by one run, and then add Hillis's 10 yard run, we have 14 yards left over.

Are these 14 yards what you are calling "driving the ball consistently down the field through the air"??????????????

The two touchdowns were a result of two big plays. One, a 39 yard run by Harrison, and two, a 41 yard pass to Massaquoi which would of been picked off by anyone worth a crap (thank goodness we were playing the Bucs on that play).

Archived