THE BROWNS BOARD

Denard Robinson comparison to Josh Cribbs

CLEVELANDwantsPLAYOFFS

Look, i haven't watched Michigan play this year. But i have seen highlights..

And the guy dominating those highlights, Denard Robinson looks strikingly like Josh Cribbs to me.

I don't think there are any videos on youtube yet but wow, the running style, speed(even faster), cuts, number, and even the hair. lol

Just pointing it out there, has anyone else thought the same?

I was at the Mich v ND game this past weekend (damn wolverines), and you're right on. His running style is the same as Cribbs. Although he looks like a smaller and slightly quicker version. Anyone know how tall he is compared to Cribbs?

I suppose I could look it up, but I'm feeling a bit lazy today...

i know you guys wont like to hear this but denard robinson is a better QB and player than terrelle pryor

he completes passes at a higher rate and rushes for more yardge(although it hasnt been against top competition yet)

there is a lot of nationwide love for the buckeye QB but he hasnt impressed me very much at all

his speed is one thing, but his decision making and his accuracy is absolutely terrible

i know you guys wont like to hear this but denard robinson is a better QB and player than terrelle pryor

he completes passes at a higher rate and rushes for more yardge(although it hasnt been against top competition yet)

there is a lot of nationwide love for the buckeye QB but he hasnt impressed me very much at all

his speed is one thing, but his decision making and his accuracy is absolutely terrible

I have never seen this guy play but I can already tell you he probably will never be as good as Cribbs. College it's easy to look good.

look, i've watched denard play pretty extensively in the first two games of the season (didn't watch it so much against ND because it was on the same time as the buckeyes)

-I'll start off by saying the positive here. I'll admit, his throws are really strong and accurate. He really did impress me with how much zip he had on the ball.

He's extremely fast. When he gets to the second level he is GONE

HOWEVER, knowing a little bit about how football works, michigan has run mainly a spread, read option game. This type of offense puts pretty much the entire game around how good the Defensive end's and OLB's are for the opposing defense. And let me say watching the games that the DE's and OLB's for each team were TERRIBLE! I couldn't even count on my hands how many times the DE would crash in or the OLB would commit to the RB. I guarantee you against better talent in the big ten this won't happen. There's probably reason to be optimistic, but let's see how Mr. Robinson does against big ten talent before we anoint him to the throne.

I think every browns on here knows what's it like to put a QB on a pedestal before you see how good he really is cough*derekanderson*cough. To say someone is better than someone else based off a couple mediocre talent level games isn't anything to go crazy over and dumb to just come out and say. Sorry ND people, they still just aren't good yet (although floyd is a beast).

Here's another tidbit to remember before placing Robinson ahead of Pryor - Did you watch the OSU v Mich game last year?

How quick we are to forget the past. Before these last two games, Denard's last game was the closing game last year against the Bucks. I was at that game and he looked TERRIBLE. The OSU defense swarmed him into submission. He can't throw the ball with accuracy on a consistent level yet. He had a couple decent throws against ND, but two of his big-gainers were completed because of blown coverage. He just lobbed the ball up - a 7 yr old could have caught them.

Last year - remember that he couldn't beat out crappy Tate Forcier - he rushed for 31 net yards and was 2-4 passing in mop-up time for a whopping 3 yards. And was almost picked on both incompletions.

Let's not crown his ass just yet...

Ive watched every second of every michigan game for the past 2 years and denard robinson has tons of talent. when watching him its like watching a high school game because his speed is just on another level compared to everyone else. throwing the ball results in either a perfect pass or he occasionally completely misses, he is A LOT more comfortable throwing on the run. He is without a doubt a blast to watch, unfortunately I dont think he is durable enough to continue to carry the ball 25+ times a game like he has against uconn and nd

look, i've watched denard play pretty extensively in the first two games of the season (didn't watch it so much against ND because it was on the same time as the buckeyes)

-I'll start off by saying the positive here. I'll admit, his throws are really strong and accurate. He really did impress me with how much zip he had on the ball.

HOWEVER, knowing a little bit about how football works, michigan has run mainly a spread, read option game. This type of offense puts pretty much the entire game around how good the Defensive end's and OLB's are for the opposing defense. And let me say watching the games that the DE's and OLB's for each team were TERRIBLE! I couldn't even count on my hands how many times the DE would crash in or the OLB would commit to the RB. I guarantee you against better talent in the big ten this won't happen. There's probably reason to be optimistic, but let's see how Mr. Robinson does against big ten talent before we anoint him to the throne.

I think every browns on here knows what's it like to put a QB on a pedestal before you see how good he really is cough*derekanderson*cough. To say someone is better than someone else based off a couple mediocre talent level games isn't anything to go crazy over and dumb to just come out and say. Sorry ND people, they still just aren't good yet (although floyd is a beast).

Well, he will have a hell of a lot of competition this weekend. Michigan plays UMass, a 1-AA (or whatever they call that level now) team.

Maybe if Pryor throws and runs for 500 yards against Ohio U. they will talk about him in the same light.

(But: who was the idjit on here a while back that said that Ohio State vs. Michigan wasn't relevent. . I guess the cameras will be on them this year.)

the spread isnt very successful in the big 10 because of several reasons and i agree that michigan hasnt played any tough competition yet although ND is a huge rival and whether one team is ranked or not, its always a good game to watch

ive heard a lot about how good pryor is and how great hes going to be this year.......how polished he has become. but ive watched him regularly over his OSU career and he hasnt improved much in anything. he isnt very accurate, he doesnt seem to be very smart(football smart) and he seems to want to score on every single play. he isnt very good at throwing the ball short and he isnt very good at reading coverage. really the only thing he is good at is running

and yea, if pryor ran the ball 25 times every game im sure he could put up some great numbers......but he doesnt run the ball that much because they have other weapons

michigan doesnt have any really talented offensive linemen and their defense is pretty shaky. but robinson manages to find his WRs when they are open and he manages to gain a lot of yardage on the ground despite having sub par offensive linemen

of course he got beat out by tate forcier last season but still got some playing time......the difference is that now he is the starter and he is showing exactly why he earned that position

i can say hes better than pryor because ive watched both ohio state games this season and both michigan games this season and pryor looks absolutely terrible.......robinson however, is the only glimmer of hope that michigan has right now

Here's another tidbit to remember before placing Robinson ahead of Pryor - Did you watch the OSU v Mich game last year?

How quick we are to forget the past. Before these last two games, Denard's last game was the closing game last year against the Bucks. I was at that game and he looked TERRIBLE. The OSU defense swarmed him into submission. He can't throw the ball with accuracy on a consistent level yet. He had a couple decent throws against ND, but two of his big-gainers were completed because of blown coverage. He just lobbed the ball up - a 7 yr old could have caught them.

Last year - remember that he couldn't beat out crappy Tate Forcier - he rushed for 31 net yards and was 2-4 passing in mop-up time for a whopping 3 yards. And was almost picked on both incompletions.

Let's not crown his ass just yet...

last year was last year. this is now. troy smith battled justin zwick for the qb spot their junior year. he looks good now and is comparable to tim tebow. he isn't as big and strong, but is much faster. let's not crown pryor's ass yet either.

i can say hes better than pryor because ive watched both ohio state games this season and both michigan games this season and pryor looks absolutely terrible.......robinson however, is the only glimmer of hope that michigan has right now

Canton Legend I'm sorry but im going to call you out on this. First of all how can you say that Pyror looks absolutely terrible? He has a 158.69 QB rating 480yrds passing an a TD to INT ratio of 4/0 not to mention 130 yrds rushing. I dont understand what Buckeye games you have been watching but it must not be the Marshall or Miami games the rest of us have. Secondly look at the great competition scUM has been playing against. UConn a womens basketball school who they only beat by 20, ND with a brand new coach and currently unranked.

When this little twig 190lbs Robinson gets into Big Ten play hes not going to last 3 games before an injury. Dick Rod is going to get this kid killed and everyone will see why he's over hyped. I respect your opinion but on the Pryor subject... You're just wrong

the spread isnt very successful in the big 10 because of several reasons and i agree that michigan hasnt played any tough competition yet although ND is a huge rival and whether one team is ranked or not, its always a good game to watch

ive heard a lot about how good pryor is and how great hes going to be this year.......how polished he has become. but ive watched him regularly over his OSU career and he hasnt improved much in anything. he isnt very accurate, he doesnt seem to be very smart(football smart) and he seems to want to score on every single play. he isnt very good at throwing the ball short and he isnt very good at reading coverage. really the only thing he is good at is running

Your statement indicates to me that you, indeed, have NOT been watching. His performances against Oregon, and Marshall, and Miami were fairly masterful at the college level....as a QB, not just a runner. He has shown some incredible touch and accuracy on his throws. He has greatly improved at reading the defenses and finding the open man and threading the needle to him. He has been very adept at avoiding mistakes. I just don't know WTF you have been watching in these last several games.

and yea, if pryor ran the ball 25 times every game im sure he could put up some great numbers......but he doesnt run the ball that much because they have other weapons

michigan doesnt have any really talented offensive linemen and their defense is pretty shaky. but robinson manages to find his WRs when they are open and he manages to gain a lot of yardage on the ground despite having sub par offensive linemen

I suspect the Michigan line is quite a little bit better than you are giving it credit for.

of course he got beat out by tate forcier last season but still got some playing time......the difference is that now he is the starter and he is showing exactly why he earned that position

Again, I think you have had your head where the sun don't shine when it come to Pryor.

last year was last year. this is now. troy smith battled justin zwick for the qb spot their junior year. he looks good now and is comparable to tim tebow. he isn't as big and strong, but is much faster. let's not crown pryor's ass yet either.

I'm not looking to crown Pryor's ass yet, although he has compiled a pretty damn good record including a Rose Bowl win on his shoulers last year.

Plus, after Michigan goes into another late year tailspin and they fire Rich-Rod, Denard may be playing in an offense not catered to his abilities.

Even if 'last year was last year', it still spoke volumes as I sat in the stands with 50k other Buckeye fans in the Big House watching Forcier throw FOUR friggin' interceptions before they replaced him. Either Rod was trying to hide him for this year or was still questioning him as a QB.

He's a very good, electrifying player. But he's played marginal to shitty teams. I would have liked to see what he would've done against Oregon in the Rose Bowl.

How soon we move on and forget yesterday...

Canton Legend I'm sorry but im going to call you out on this. First of all how can you say that Pyror looks absolutely terrible? He has a 158.69 QB rating 480yrds passing an a TD to INT ratio of 4/0 not to mention 130 yrds rushing. I dont understand what Buckeye games you have been watching but it must not be the Marshall or Miami games the rest of us have. Secondly look at the great competition scUM has been playing against. UConn a womens basketball school who they only beat by 20, ND with a brand new coach and currently unranked.

When this little twig 190lbs Robinson gets into Big Ten play hes not going to last 3 games before an injury. Dick Rod is going to get this kid killed and everyone will see why he's over hyped. I respect your opinion but on the Pryor subject... You're just wrong

im afraid that you guys are mistaking the player for the team

michigan does not have as good a team as OSU this year. OSUs defense may be the best in the country. and against miami it showed even tho jacori harris isnt a good passer either. pryor struggled a ton against miami but his defense gave him ample opportunities to succeed and with that offensive line, those WRs, and the talent around him he was bound to put up solid numbers

however, 12 of 27 isnt very impressive at all and it wasnt because his WRs couldnt catch the ball. he threw terrible pass after terrible pass. the deep balls that he put right on the money came few and far between but they dont excuse his inability to complete a pass on a 5 yard out route

just like any player, denard robinson cant pick the teams he plays against. he can only play the teams on his schedule and he outperformed pryor in 2 weeks so far this season. OSU beat miami, not pryor. but denard robinson beat UConn and ND.......not michigan

you can be an ohio state fan and still respect the fact that denard robinson is a better player than pryor. im all for supporting your team but pryor isnt even the best QB in the big 10 let alone the country. he is a jamarcus russel. big, strong, fast, not very smart, and not very accurate

I think the original poster's assertion is more correct than not. The Pryor/Robinson debate is irrelevant.

His stats are comparable to Cribbs's stats in college, except for so far this year Robinson appears to run more than Cribbs did. Cribbs wasn't an accurate passer until his senior season and threw a lot of picks his sophomore year and got better after that.

As far as the competition, no doubt Robinson will play better competition than Cribbs did in college, but even then, unless you are comparing what these guys do against SEC teams that too is irrelevant because that conference is the only one that even comes close to matching professional speed.

Archived