THE BROWNS BOARD

Browns crack down on fans behaving badly

gobrownies

i guess nobody's ever seen a red sox / yankees game from yankee stadium (that's where battery throwing started) or the phil eagle crazies or the fans from the old meadowlands with the ice balls.......do you really think the browns fans are the worse behaving? get real.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

the nfl is two faced in the fact that they discourage drinking in the stadium but yet when you watch a game on tv every other commercial is a beer ad. dont get me wrong you need to know your limits but dam its getting to the place you need to ask an usher or security if you can get up and cheer

I see the connection! A Browns fan doesn't like what he sees when he goes anywhere else and anybody else who come to Browns stadium doesn't like what they see........hmmmmmmmmmmm :rolleyes:

:lol: :lol: Right- I'm certain Steeler fans are SO much more civil @ Ketchup Field. Listen up pal- you read the rest of this thread? Chiefs fans were getting tossed. Last time I went to a Steelers game in Cleveland a Pittsburgh jerk made enough of an ass of himself to get the heave-ho. Couple of years back I was at a preseason Browns-Lions game- in Detroit- primo seating- field level, row 30, 30 yard line and I saw a LIONS fan get evicted for starting a fight with a Browns fan. I got heckled continuously by a drunk Bucs fan @ Raymond James because I was wearing my colors.

Compared to what went down at Old Muni in the 80's & 90's the new stadium is already positively pussified- and Holmgren wants to tame it down even more.??? Yeah Stone- I go by what I see. So don't give me any holier than thou BS on this topic.

There's a line between wearing your colors to an opposing stadium- and being a jerk when you do. I got total respect in Arrowhead- OTOH let's go to the other extreme- the BOZO who wore a LeBron Heat jersey to an Indians game right after the traitor bailed out of Cleveland- sorry, if he had been on the field it would have been a 15 yard penalty for taunting.

PS saw a real cute T-shirt after the game, said- LEBRON MAY HAVE GONE SOUTH, BUT HIS MOM'S STILL RIDIN' WEST. :lol:

:lol: :lol: Right- I'm certain Steeler fans are SO much more civil @ Ketchup Field. Listen up pal- you read the rest of this thread? Chiefs fans were getting tossed. Last time I went to a Steelers game in Cleveland a Pittsburgh jerk made enough of an ass of himself to get the heave-ho. Couple of years back I was at a preseason Browns-Lions game- in Detroit- primo seating- field level, row 30, 30 yard line and I saw a LIONS fan get evicted for starting a fight with a Browns fan. I got heckled continuously by a drunk Bucs fan @ Raymond James because I was wearing my colors.

Compared to what went down at Old Muni in the 80's & 90's the new stadium is already positively pussified- and Holmgren wants to tame it down even more.??? Yeah Stone- I go by what I see. So don't give me any holier than thou BS on this topic.

There's a line between wearing your colors to an opposing stadium- and being a jerk when you do. I got total respect in Arrowhead- OTOH let's go to the other extreme- the BOZO who wore a LeBron Heat jersey to an Indians game right after the traitor bailed out of Cleveland- sorry, if he had been on the field it would have been a 15 yard penalty for taunting.

PS saw a real cute T-shirt after the game, said- LEBRON MAY HAVE GONE SOUTH, BUT HIS MOM'S STILL RIDIN' WEST. :lol:

Unfortunately hoorta, it's useless trying to talk sense to some of these Steelers fans! In their eyes their team and their fanbase can do no wrong! They (not all mind you) are a prime example of poor sportsman ship! Bad winners.... bad losers! Most of them have NO respect for other fans or their respective teams!

Once again, yo couldn't be much more stupid.

The Steelers are known for how well their fans travel, part of this is the respect Steeler fans have for opposing teams and their fans. But, as usual, some of you Browns fans actually believe your own BS. Just because Steeler fans don't respect the Browns fans who puff their chest and spew their ignorance doesn't mean we don't respect other fans..............we just don't respect loud mouth losers......nobody does!

Decades of inbreeding has destroyed your ability to think. ;)

Once again, you couldn't be much more stupid.

The Steelers are known for how well their fans travel, part of this is the respect Steeler fans have for opposing teams and their fans. But, as usual, some of you Browns fans actually believe your own BS. Just because Steeler fans don't respect the Browns fans who puff their chest and spew their ignorance doesn't mean we don't respect other fans..............we just don't respect loud mouth losers......nobody does!

And once again you prove my point of how full of yourself that you are, by continuing to post on your rival team's message board. So according to your logic, because our team is so bad we're not allowed to be passionate, or cheer for our team, and that we should just sit quietly? It's called being a fan MORON, just like you loud mouths with your stupid towels! Here is a thought; if you don't like what Browns fans have to say, then don't come here. I mean, it's really quite simple. I would think that even you would be smart enough to know that Browns fans, or for that matter any fan of another AFCN team aren't going to have anything favorable to say about another rival team! Do I respect the Steelers? Sure, I guess. Do I like them? HELL NO! So why continue to come in here and spew your bullshit that will continue to fall on deaf ears?! I sure as hell am not going to go to a Steelers board and talk shit, and make inflammatory remarks even if the tables were turned! So again like I said... bad winners, and bad losers!

A couple of years back when I went to a Browns-Steelers game, I wore a "Pittsburgh Still Sucks!" t-shirt. It was a November game, and unusally warm, so I had my jacket off and tied around my waist. At the gate, the usher told me that I either had to turn my shirt inside out, or put my jacket on to cover it. When I asked why, he said "well we don't want to offend any of the visiting fans!" I was like "F*** them, they are coming to our house! They most certainly wouldn't cater to our fans visiting their stadium!" So much for home field advantage I guess!!! What a joke! They were throwing people out that day for any shirts that had negative connotations about the opposing team! It's a big reason why I eventually did not renew my season tickets! Keep in mind, I used to DJ on the weekends, so I would get home at like 3-4AM, then have to get up early to go downtown. So I'm already tired, then I have to drop a small fortune for food and beer. I got sick of always being tired, hung over, and pissed off after a loss, which were plentiful. Plus adding the fact that if you do get up and cheer you have some asshole usher telling you to sit down (it's a football game moron, you're supposed to be standing most of the time! :angry: ) :angry::angry: Furthermore, you cannot smoke in an open air stadium in which SMOKERS BUILT! Don't get me wrong, it was a tough decision, but it is much nicer being able to watch at home, spend $7-$8 on a 6 pack instead of that amount for one glass of beer, eat a lot cheaper, and not have to worry about getting tossed out, because some asshole rival fan gets all butt hurt about swearing at their team when they are in our own stadium! Unfortunately, if this team doesn't turn it around, I may not even be able to see them on tv when they're at home. You cannot expect the fans in a bad economy to continue to spend their hard earned money to watch this crap!

DJ I couldn't agree with you more. I sold my PSL's a couple of years ago for these reasons (I made a profit surprisingly). Not to mention the fact that you have to pay full price for preseason tickets that are basically worthless. Actually less than worthless after you pay for parking, beer, etc. I sometimes miss going to the games, but I can just wait until the second half of the season and get them for next to nothing. Actually went to the game last December and attended Browns Board tailgate. My buddy and I bought tickets for $20. While walking in, we found free tickets sitting in the Stadiums oversized flower pots that were better that the ones we bought. We spent about 5 minutes trying to sell the ones we bought for $10 only to be laughed at by passing fans, we finally gave them to a homeless guy. Season tickets are not what I would consider a good investment. Hopefully it will pay off for the faithful in the future, but I got tired of waiting. Still don't miss a snap but now do it from home or the bar.

Most idiots don't care what other people think.........that's what makes them idiots!

No it doesn't. It just means we don't give a damn. I am not saying it is OK to behave like a buffoon, just that we don't give a rat's ass about the perception that other team's fans have of Browns fans.

If you want all fans to behave like preening pansies, I suggest you switch your allegiance to your local Major League Soccer team.

And you're fooling yourself if you think that it's just because of 40 years of losing;

Well, I don't think that is just because of losing, ergo I am not fooling myself.

I stand corrected! I guess there are ignorant Browns fans in all areas of the stadium, not just the dawg pound :lol:

There was shower of "stuff" that was thrown at the guy when he ran in to the end zone. But it wasn't bad considering.....at least it wasn't rocks, batteries, or beer bottles................maybe you guys are cleaning up your act ;)

Let's tell a little truth about matters: If the symbol that Steeler fans was not a feckless yellow towel; if it instead was something else yellow that had some substance or weight to it, like a lemon or a banana or a rubber duckie we would have been seeing lemons or bananas or rubber duckies being thrown on the field during Steeler games all the time. So, deal with it[/color].

Let's tell a little truth about matters: If the symbol that Steeler fans was not a feckless yellow towel; if it instead was something else yellow that had some substance or weight to it, like a lemon or a banana or a rubber duckie we would have been seeing lemons or bananas or rubber duckies being thrown on the field during Steeler games all the time. So, deal with it.

I was up in section 363 yesterday with my brother (also the Legends club), and there were two deputies who just stood by the entrance and stared at everyone. I didn't see any trouble, but it seemed like the police/deputy presence was very high yesterday. I miss the old "real" dog pound from Municipal stadium. Loved pissing in the troughs and sinks. Loved kicking a Steeler fan down the stairs as his half breed ass was cussing out browns fans. Those days will never again happen I fear. The stadium has officially become "pussified". Also, $7.25 a beer is xxxxing outrageous.

Its a lot of the reason I haven't got but to a couple of games in the last 10 years. If I want to get raped I will call a Steelers quarterback or something, I won't call on the Browns front office with their ridiculous prices.

the nfl is two faced in the fact that they discourage drinking in the stadium but yet when you watch a game on tv every other commercial is a beer ad. dont get me wrong you need to know your limits but dam its getting to the place you need to ask an usher or security if you can get up and cheer

The solution I guess is to stay home and buy a 6 pack of the beer they are advertizing for the same price they would charge you for 1 can at the stadium.

Fair to say?

You and others can site specific examples all day long but it doesn't change the fact that Browns fans have an ugly reputation that didn't just happen....they earned it!

And I say: GOOD!

Nothing wrong with having a reputation that strikes fear into your opponent. (I just wish our football team would develop that same reputation.)

I love the t-shirt saying!

Once again, you couldn't be much more stupid.

The Steelers are known for how well their fans travel, part of this is the respect Steeler fans have for opposing teams and their fans.

What f**king planet are you living on? If Steeler fans travel well it is for three reasons: 1. Yes, because a goodly few people from Pittsburgh probably do go to games in other cities...2. Because more people have jumped ship and moved away from Pittsburgh than other city in the country...yes, more than Cleveland, more than Buffalo, more than Detroit etc. etc. more than any major market except post-Katrina New Orleans, and all those Steeler fans who go to games in those other cities now actually live in those other cities and...3. because the Steelers have attracted more than their share of FRAKs who will jump the bandwagon the minute they see a losing season on the horizon.

As far as getting respect....the only respect they get is for going and spending their money.

But, as usual, some of you Browns fans actually believe your own BS.

Maybe, but we don't believe YOUR BS.

Just because Steeler fans don't respect the Browns fans who puff their chest and spew their ignorance doesn't mean we don't respect other fans..............we just don't respect loud mouth losers......nobody does!

Ergo, why you are deluded about the "respect" you get from other fan bases.

Here's a real clue for you: other fan bases think Steeler fans are just a bunch of boorish brutes. You are welcome to come to their stadium and buy their 8 dollar beer, but please pack your gomermobile and go home when the games done.

DJ I couldn't agree with you more. I sold my PSL's a couple of years ago for these reasons (I made a profit surprisingly). Not to mention the fact that you have to pay full price for preseason tickets that are basically worthless. Actually less than worthless after you pay for parking, beer, etc. I sometimes miss going to the games, but I can just wait until the second half of the season and get them for next to nothing. Actually went to the game last December and attended Browns Board tailgate. My buddy and I bought tickets for $20. While walking in, we found free tickets sitting in the Stadiums oversized flower pots that were better that the ones we bought. We spent about 5 minutes trying to sell the ones we bought for $10 only to be laughed at by passing fans, we finally gave them to a homeless guy. Season tickets are not what I would consider a good investment. Hopefully it will pay off for the faithful in the future, but I got tired of waiting. Still don't miss a snap but now do it from home or the bar.

If you bought season tickets as an investment, you obviously don't understand investing.

Really man, you sound ignorant when you start talking Browns tickets and investing.

Glad you made some money, but quit talking investment.

It is simply a luxury.

When the day comes I decide to dump my tickets and PSL's, if I can't sell them, that's the way it goes....I am not going to get bent if i can't get my $3000 back, nor am i expecting anything more..

Yeah, things are getting to the breaking point- at this rate, home blackouts are just around the corner. Believe me, sometimes I wonder if I'm not crazy forking over that check every May to the Browns- but I look at it this way- things WILL turn around eventually, and those that dumped their PSLs aren't going to be real happy with their seating selection should they decide to re-up. It's possible to buy your way back into decent seating via e-Bay or Craiglist- assuming you have the cash. But as @ Stubhub, you're going to pay 3X what the Browns have those seats valued at. As a personal note, I'm currently in the "B" section in the lower deck. Should an "A" section ever become available (it happens, people croak without leaving a will) it would cost me $600 a seat to upgrade. The going price for a PSL off of Craiglist in that section is $5,000.

Just be thankful you're not a major college fan. Want to talk about getting reamed? You're going to pay the equivalent of a PSL EVERY YEAR to the athletic department- just for the privilege of getting your stinking seats. Entry level (tax deductible donation) at Ohio State is $1,500 a year, want sideline in between the 20s? Make that $10k. Want to talk to Tressell before the game? All this and more can be yours for a mere one time donation of $150,000- and then a paltry $10k in succeeding years.

As we talked about on Sunday, I know all about sending $6000 checks to the AD every year...that and the expectation you do your part and play in AD sponsored golf tournaments, be a table host for some other AD function....say acting like you really care about womens volleyball.

http://www.coachurbanmeyer.com/06/26/10/Ga...amp;feedID=6589

You posted "Super Bowl" winners........wrong!

Would that be the "BS Slingers" hall of fame?

Super Bowl Winners, World Champions, its all the same. Just different names to market the product by. Here you go, you want to know who the champions are, check this out:

http://ifafworldcup.blogspot.com/

When this becomes the standard of football excellence, will you then proclaim that all those old puny Super Bowls that were played once upon a time don't count for anything?

As for what Hall of Fame I am in, see this:

Hall of Fame Inductee Search

"The Gipper"

http://www.collegefootball.org/famer_selected.php?id=10037

As we talked about on Sunday, I know all about sending $6000 checks to the AD every year...that and the expectation you do your part and play in AD sponsored golf tournaments, be a table host for some other AD function....say acting like you really care about womens volleyball.

http://www.coachurbanmeyer.com/06/26/10/Ga...amp;feedID=6589

Well, you have to actually request the brochure to get the pricing @ OSU- a guy I work with did, so that's how I know what it costs. But Fer instance, to get a couple "Club" seats, and LOL! they're a BENCH with a little strap-on for your back- will set you back $6,000 for a pair, plus your generous $10,000 contribution to the Athletic Department. By my math, that works out to $1,000 per seat, per game- makes the Browns primo Club seating look like a bargain.

Buckeye Club

Archived