THE BROWNS BOARD

Another QB Controversy and other tidbits

USFBrown

I couldn't watch the game today, but Wallace's numbers were nice. I heard he was more accurate and did well moving out of the pocket when needed.

With this in mind, who starts next week? Do we keep the guy who looks decent and put up good numbers. Or do we go back to Delhomme and think he'll do better. Personally, I think we stick with Seneca. He had all week to work with the #1's and get into rhythm. He gives us another factor on offense that Delhomme just doesn't have, his athleticism. I believe we need to take any advantage we can get and Seneca provides more than JD.

It looks like we only fumbled once which is ok. We still had too many penalties. But it does appear we are improving.

***But I did hear we punted on 4th and 2 with something like 5 minutes to go in the game! WTF?!?!?!? I've been a supported of Mangini this year, but WTF was with that call? That is not going to win Magini or Daboll any support for doofus calls like that.

Overall I am pleased, even though we're 0-3. I finally see a little light on the horizon, intertwined with a couple thunderstorm clouds.

*** EDIT: I did not see the game and I thought we were on their side of the field. We should have punted... My bad.

We punted on 4th and 3 or 4 with 4+ minutes to go on about our own 30 yard line. You have to punt the ball in that situation. If you go for it and miss the game is over when you're down 7 points. The mistake was the 3rd down play where Wallace threw it 30 yards down field and 10 yards out of bounds. The play had no chance...

We punted on 4th and 3 or 4 with 4+ minutes to go on about our own 30 yard line. You have to punt the ball in that situation. If you go for it and miss the game is over when you're down 7 points. The mistake was the 3rd down play where Wallace threw it 30 yards down field and 10 yards out of bounds. The play had no chance...

EXACTLY! Thank you.

Yeah we did punt in that situation. What I didn't understand is why we didn't run on 3rd and two and treat it as a 4 down situation and run again if we faced 4th down. I would put 20 bucks on Hillis getting those two yards in two carries.

Instead Wallace throws another pass out of bounds and we punt. Two chances to get the ball back, we give up a third down pass completion and then the Roth penalty. This team seems to get penalized at the worst possible moments.

My bad, I thought we were on their side of the field. You're right in that situation. Like I said, I didn't see the game.

Yeah we did punt in that situation. What I didn't understand is why we didn't run on 3rd and two and treat it as a 4 down situation and run again if we faced 4th down. I would put 20 bucks on Hillis getting those two yards in two carries.

Instead Wallace throws another pass out of bounds and we punt. Two chances to get the ball back, we give up a third down pass completion and then the Roth penalty. This team seems to get penalized at the worst possible moments.

Exactly, we HAD to go for it on 3rd and 4th, but they (coaches) are too F'n stupid!

Controversy? The only thing Delhomme is ever going to do is lose football games. There is not a controversy and if there is it's because of Delhomme's paycheck. He may hit the field again, actually I'm sure he'll hit the field again. He'll dick it all up and his career will be over. Start ushering in the Wallace Era, at least until you draft a QB worth a sh.it. McCoy isn't it.

Controversy? The only thing Delhomme is ever going to do is lose football games. There is not a controversy and if there is it's because of Delhomme's paycheck. He may hit the field again, actually I'm sure he'll hit the field again. He'll dick it all up and his career will be over. Start ushering in the Wallace Era, at least until you draft a QB worth a sh.it. McCoy isn't it.

I agree. Wallace gives us the best chance to win. Give him some more time with the #1's and I think he'll be a decent QB. We haven't had a decent QB since returning. Hopefully he'll provide some stability to the position.

I like Mangini and what he's done, but if puts Delhomme back in, i'll be pissed.

And Watson was easily open underneath for a short gain, never looked at him.

Zombo

I could watch the game today, but Wallace's numbers were nice. I heard he was more accurate and did well moving out of the pocket when needed.

With this in mind, who starts next week? Do we keep the guy who looks decent and put up good numbers. Or do we go back to Delhomme and think he'll do better. Personally, I think we stick with Seneca. He had all week to work with the #1's and get into rhythm. He gives us another factor on offense that Delhomme just doesn't have, his athleticism. I believe we need to take any advantage we can get and Seneca provides more than JD.

It looks like we only fumbled once which is ok. We still had too many penalties. But it does appear we are improving.

***But I did hear we punted on 4th and 2 with something like 5 minutes to go in the game! WTF?!?!?!? I've been a supported of Mangini this year, but WTF was with that call? That is not going to win Magini or Daboll any support for doofus calls like that.

Overall I am pleased, even though we're 0-3. I finally see a little light on the horizon, intertwined with a couple thunderstorm clouds.

*** EDIT: I did not see the game and I thought we were on their side of the field. We should have punted... My bad.

Jake without a doubt if healthy.

Jake if you want to win, anyone else if you want to lose another close game

I say Jake. At least he's been a starter QB. Senecca has been somewhat adequate but he is what he is a back-up if he was anything more someone would have noticed before now.

This season is going nowhere so let Jake play if he is healthy. If he continues what he did last year and in the first game this year sit him down and let Colt have some starts that way they'll know what they have with him.

It has to be and will be jake. He is by all accounts the true leader of the team and wasnt looking bad at all the first half of the bucs game. Secondly he's holmgren choice at qb. There will be no QB controversy as long as holmgren is president, its just not the way he was taught the position by walsh.

It has to be and will be jake. He is by all accounts the true leader of the team and wasnt looking bad at all the first half of the bucs game. Secondly he's holmgren choice at qb. There will be no QB controversy as long as holmgren is president, its just not the way he was taught the position by walsh.

And Walsh was taught by none other than Paul Brown.

I'd go with Wallace. Jake is not the future of this team. Wallace is younger and maybe he could be the future QB of this team if given the chance to start week in and week out.

Either way....we're winning on Sunday.

I'm sorry, but a 30 year old qb is not the future of any team anywhere especially one that doesn't have any accuracy throwing down the sidelines. All Wallace and Delhomme are is stop gaps till we get our Qb that we want to groom, be that Colt McCoy or somebody else.

I'm sorry, but a 30 year old qb is not the future of any team anywhere especially one that doesn't have any accuracy throwing down the sidelines. All Wallace and Delhomme are is stop gaps till we get our Qb that we want to groom, be that Colt McCoy or somebody else.

I didn't say he was the future of the team. I said he could be..he is 30..but he hasn't played a lot so he would be a young 30 as opposed to an old 35 like Jake. We know Jake isn't the future..he's got a year or two left maybe more if he sticks around as a back up like Brunnell. So why not let Wallace keep starting and see where it goes, its not like he's playing terrible.

I can't believe anyone is suggesting Delhomme should be given another opportunity. Based on what exactly? Every throw he made week one was off the mark with the exception of a few. The TD pass to Momass was terrible and if the defense had been worth a sh.it on that play it would have been picked. Delhomme wouldn't start for any other team in the NFL and he shouldn't start for the Browns. Yes he's that bad.

Seneca Wallace. He still has a good 3/4 years left and has good feet. If it was Jake out there in the Ravens game we would have more sacks and interceptions.

Really!?! I guess we will never know. Im just sick of close calls I want wins. We lost 2 games in a row with Seneca. If Jack or Jake is ready to play then lets see what he can do.

Really!?! I guess we will never know. Im just sick of close calls I want wins. We lost 2 games in a row with Seneca. If Jack or Jake is ready to play then lets see what he can do.

Yeah, let's continue the QB carousel and it'll be a great ol time just like last year!

I can't believe anyone is suggesting Delhomme should be given another opportunity. Based on what exactly? Every throw he made week one was off the mark with the exception of a few. The TD pass to Momass was terrible and if the defense had been worth a sh.it on that play it would have been picked. Delhomme wouldn't start for any other team in the NFL and he shouldn't start for the Browns. Yes he's that bad.

They've both put up the same amount of wins this season. So what's the difference?

Archived