THE BROWNS BOARD

why do we blitz our corners?

WRREBEL

I'm sure I'm wrong but I only remember one play that worked on a corner blitz, when haden deflected the ball..

I was stunned that we kept on trying it and getting burned.. carson daily hasn't played so well since he left mtv.. we have our own post for eric writght, just bad.

Start haden or stop blitzing so much..

Oh and derek anderson is still the joke of the league.. I guess he is having the last laughs...

Great win though! As much as I hate mangina the team does play hard.

Cause I hate mangina, its stupid? I hope he is successful and I am wrong..

Oh yeah we should trade for vincent jackson!

trade for a guy that has gotten two DUI's? i know he's good but i don't want to cheer for someone who makes bonehead choices

I think a better question is why are we not blitzing the blind-side corners? Seems to me like it'd be wayyy more effective.

Cincy runs to the right and us blitzing from that side helps deter or stop the run Benson only had like 67 yards rushing. I think the D is playing pretty well compared to last year. They are keeping the games close so our O has a chance, and thats all you can ask for. Also, our 2 defensive rookies are going to be pretty bad ass.

Vincent Jackson is simply not good enough to justify the price the Chargers GM is demanding for him. That's why Smith's nickname is "The Prince of No Rings" - he's this way about everything.

I'd rather have Julio Jones or AJ Green than this schlub, anyway. Next year's first rounder would be the starting point for compensation.

I'd also take OSU's Sanz over MoMass or Robo at this point. Even Michael Floyd from ND would look good in Browns colors.

I agree no mre corner blitz. With the way the secondary has been getting beat they need to stay out there in coverage as much as possible. A blitz always leaves someone open and when its from the corners it even more dangerous.

Skip Baylas on 1st and 10 in cracking on E. Wright at this moment.

We don't have a beast of a pass rusher in any of our LB's and we're not getting pressure, hence the CB blitz, we've got to get it from somewhere? We're blitzing a whole lot which i love, however the players aren't getting pressure, thats not Mangini or Ryans fault. It doesnt matter if you're Revis or Ashomoga if you give the QB time in the pocket in single coverage that DB is going to get burned, much like we've been seeing. The two biggest needs on this team are a franchise QB and a pass rushing beast.

What I would like to see from the coaching staff is more zone blitzing its something Rob Ryan rarely does yet his brother does often. Last year when we played Shittsburgh and won we played a 155 nickel defense that contains 6 LBs 1 DT 2 CBs and 2 Ss. What the hell happened to that formation? In preseason we heard how all these LBs were going to be on the field at the same time thats why we carried so many? Still have yet to see it!

In closing, with the talent we don't have rushing the QB we need more disguised blitzes we cant send 6 blitzing in man coverage and let the QB have time to go through his reads while finding the open WR. In that situation you have to get to the QB in under 4 seconds, otherwise you've seen what has happened the last two weeks with TO and Boldin.

Theres been entirely way too much time for these QBs on all out blitzes and its really hurt us. If you can fix these problems and minimize those big passing plays by getting to the QB and sacking him than we start winning games in large margins because we kill clock and run the football on offense and these close games are a thing of the past! WE MUST BLITZ EFFECTIVELY!

just my two pennies..

Archived