THE BROWNS BOARD

Can the Browns Run Game Beat the Falcons?

Oldfan

Don't take my word for it check out the link below. And the ESPN scouting report is more lopsided than my statement.

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/scouting?gameId=301010005

Joe Thomas is better than all any of the Falcons Olinemen. However as a unit the Falcons are better. Most "experts" have the Falcons as a top ten unit. And Sorry Hillis is not better than Turner + Snelling.

Hillis is way better at this point than Turner and Smelling.....hands down...

I don't have to take your word, and I don't have to take ESPN's word. Hillis and Harrison and Vickers together may indeed be better than Turner. Hillis is in the Top 10 in rushing and TDs, Turner is not. Harrison had a game just late last year where he gained 286 yards. I know no Falcon has ever done that. I know that Falcons have a pretty good fullback but I don't think anyone clears a path like Vickers does. No, I don't buy that the Falcons running game is better.

And I certainly don't buy that their OLine is better. And it is not just Thomas, it is Steinbach and Mack, and the other two are coming along as well.

For the DL, LBs, and DBs I am going to need some more data before I would just hand that edge to the Falcons

I agree with taking anybodies word on anything. Hillis and Harrison have a combined 407 yrds while Turner and Snelling have 507 yrds. I haven't watched Vickers so I won't debate the FBs. The OL IMHO probably goes to the Browns. We do a good job in the run but pass protection has been sketchy at times.

Bullshit, Bullshit, bullshit. The only units I will give the Falcons the clear edge in those areas are WR, and probably QB. The rest: Not so fast my friend.

The OL is almost clearly an edge for the Browns. The RB, LB, DL, are all fully debatable.

No, the silliness was on your part for making such a claim.

LB and DL? What planet do you live on? You lose out in both areas and a completely healthy Turner is also better than Hillis. You also say Probably QB? I don't love Matt Ryan but he's a HELL OF A LOT better than anything on the Browns roster. The Browns win on the o-line, lose everywhere else. Period.

LB and DL? What planet do you live on? You lose out in both areas and a completely healthy Turner is also better than Hillis. You also say Probably QB? I don't love Matt Ryan but he's a HELL OF A LOT better than anything on the Browns roster. The Browns win on the o-line, lose everywhere else. Period.

I'm not thinking Turner is the better of the two, he just doesn't have the same burst of 08. Hillis is getting a full yard more per carry. I think most of our base would agree that Snelling is our best back right now.

Archived