THE BROWNS BOARD

Is This Progress

The Gipper

Yes this is progress. Although we are 1-4, we have hung in every game. Our opponents records thus far are:

Tampa Bay - 3-1

Kansas City - 3-1

Baltimore - 4-1

Atlanta - 4-1

That's some pretty stiff competition besides Tampa (they still need to prove themselves IMO). We've made some stupid mistakes in these games to help us lose, but once we get those turned around, we could be a lot better.

While there has been progress it is simply not enough as compared to other clubs, this is the nfl its not highschool ball and the linear offensive coaching plays an enormous role in this teams inability to move forward...

The mangini love will die out over time when more fans actually notice how poorly coached this team is and as the players one by one just quit on the field like braylon, poole, thomas and harrison are doing in hopes of being traded and i cant blame them...

You can see it if you take off the blinders and look at the players and im sure holmgren knows it....

Thomas has one bad game ONE and he is quiting so he can be traded. Thomas is going to turn into a Dawson, he is going to be a Brown for his entire career or most of his career. They are not going to trade him and he sure isn't going to seek free agency and leave.

WOW! Are you drunk? Post #15 has my statement which is very clear and your absurd question!

I'm honestly curious, exactly what do you believe happened in these games which should equate to a couple more wins for the Browns?

You obviously didn't bother even noticing what happened in these games. The first two losses to Tampa and KC were the direct result of interceptions being returned for a TD or to the 1 yard line. Those TDs were the margin of victory for the Browns opponents. If those picks are not made and run back, in all likelihood the Browns win. The same could possibly be said for the Atlanta game. There, the Browns were trying to drive for either a game winning TD or a game tieing FG. Instead the Int. occurs to make it a 10 point margin. Its a simple equation: don't make those turnovers and you might very well have won.

You obviously didn't bother even noticing what happened in these games. The first two losses to Tampa and KC were the direct result of interceptions being returned for a TD or to the 1 yard line. Those TDs were the margin of victory for the Browns opponents. If those picks are not made and run back, in all likelihood the Browns win. The same could possibly be said for the Atlanta game. There, the Browns were trying to drive for either a game winning TD or a game tieing FG. Instead the Int. occurs to make it a 10 point margin. Its a simple equation: don't make those turnovers and you might very well have won.

hate to burst your bubble, but most games are won or lost on a couple of plays. hell, when the lions went 0-16 i think 8 of their games were lost by less than 7 points.

unfortunately you should all know what "almost" is for.

Nobody, but you, said anything about pre or post 70's. The only two named coaches that have coached in Cleveland in the last 50 years have been upstart no-name coaches who were fired in Cleveland and went on to be great elsewhere so you can't claim them......nice try though!

Trust me..........you will NEVER see a top name coach come here.......NEVER!

And as far as Modell, you can believe what you want, spin it however you want, deny reality when it serves you, but the bottom line is that Modell and the flavor of the year buffoons running the city of Cleveland couldn't reach agreement so he moved the team.........plain and simple! If you believe that it was all Modell, I'll ask a simple question....."how is the city of Cleveland doing otherwise....and how did moving the team work for Modell?" Thought so!

Sure, sure, sure. You know it all, except, that factually you are WRONG on every count. 1. The City of Cleveland and Modell DID reach an agreement. They agreed to put a measure on the ballot that would fund the stadium refinancing. (remodeling, admin.ed) They had a lease agreement on the stadium that went another 3 years at minimum. Modell simply attempted to breach his agreements. Why do you think the Court's ruled in the City's favor?

2. How is the city doing? Very fine. Thank you for asking. A new Browns Stadium, a new Indians stadium, a new arena, a new science center, a new Rock n' Roll HOF. The economy could be better, but that is a problem all over America. Cleveland is better than if we still had the Modell's running the Browns.

3. How did moving the team work for Modell? I would think neutral at best. If he had just sold the team to Lerner in the first place he plausibly may have been able to net about the same money he actually did. And he would not have ended up being a pariah, nor would he have ended up with the ignomious distinction of being one of only 2 owners in history to have been kicked out of the league

hate to burst your bubble, but most games are won or lost on a couple of plays. hell, when the lions went 0-16 i think 8 of their games were lost by less than 7 points.

unfortunately you should all know what "almost" is for.

You are not bursting any bubble. I agree with you that many/most games are decided on one or two plays, that is why I pointed out those one or two plays that DID make the difference in the Browns losses this year, which if they had not gone wrong for them could have ended up in a victory. In the one win the Browns have those one or two plays went in their favor as opposed to against them.

My point of all this is to demonstrate that this year compared to last year it is indeed a fact that the Browns in 2010 are within those one or two plays of having a completely different record. Last year at the beginning of the season there weren't hardly any games that were "won or lost on a couple of plays". They were getting blown out by about an 18 point margin. A ton of different plays would have had to gone differently, not just one or two.

So, I ask again: is it progress for the Browns to be losing these game by those one or two plays as opposed to the 20-25 plays that were the difference last year?

Sure, sure, sure. You know it all, except, that factually you are WRONG on every count. 1. The City of Cleveland and Modell DID reach an agreement. They agreed to put a measure on the ballot that would fund the stadium refinancing. They had a lease agreement on the stadium that went another 3 years at minimum. Modell simply attempted to breach his agreements. Why do you think the Court's ruled in the City's favor?

2. How is the city doing? Very fine. Thank you for asking. A new Browns Stadium, a new Indians stadium, a new arena, a new science center, a new Rock n' Roll HOF. The economy could be better, but that is a problem all over America. Cleveland is better than if we still had the Modell's running the Browns.

3. How did moving the team work for Modell? I would think neutral at best. If he had just sold the team to Lerner in the first place he plausibly may have been able to net about the same money he actually did. And he would not have ended up being a pariah, nor would he have ended up with the ignomious distinction of being one of only 2 owners in history to have been kicked out of the league

Gipper why waste your time with this f***??? Obviously he has an axe to grind with Clevelanders! I wish that when people would post about Art Modell and the Browns move they would know the real facts, especially those that don't reside in the area! Yes the city deserves some of the blame, but Modell was a poor business man, and made poor decisions. He also allowed some less than desirable people handle his money which put him in the situation that he was in.

Archived