THE BROWNS BOARD

steelers are a better team, but not on this sunday!

WRREBEL

I don't care who is qb.. we have character and tough guys who will rally this team. Expect the browns to score on either a defense td or special teams.

Steelers are a good team, but not this Sunday. I would put my life on it. See I have dreams before the browns win. Believe it or not, we shall see Sunday...

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have grandiose visions of the browns getting to the playoffs every year, but it never happens.. now i just dream of winning 8 games a year and being respectable for the next 10 years but thats not gonna happen either...

If this team and or coaching staff ever needed a big uplifting victory it is this sunday...

But colt or ratty under center means D.A.B.O.L.L.S playbook gets even lamer by default...

Dumb Arse's Book Of Lame Linear shit(D.A.B.O.L.L.S) playbook...

I don't care who is qb.. we have character and tough guys who will rally this team. Expect the browns to score on either a defense td or special teams.

Steelers are a good team, but not this Sunday. I would put my life on it. See I have dreams before the browns win. Believe it or not, we shall see Sunday...

Gonna be a Close game...So Dont Put your life on it. Pittsburgh has Character and Tough guys as well. THIS Week... Its ALL Gonna hinge on Mistakes ... and you Cant Predict Mistakes.

I hope you can come on the board sunday and say I TOLD YOU SO!

I'll take that bet. Steelers win, you commit suicide. Browns win, you can perma-ban me here. Deal??

We beat them last year with Brady Effing Quinn, the key is our defense getting to Roethlisberger and pounding him just like last year.

If Hillis can play the whole game, I'll take our chances with either the Colt or a miracle recovery by Seneca. We can beat these guys.

Zombo

We beat them last year with Brady Effing Quinn, the key is our defense getting to Roethlisberger and punding him just like last year.

If Hillis can play the whole game, I'll take our chances with either the Colt or a miracle recovery by Seneca. We can beat these guys.

Zombo

The Steelers defense were not playing anywhere near the level that they are right now. Insert rookie QB. If our defense doesn't play the game of their life, this could get historically bad. I hope not.

The Steelers defense were not playing anywhere near the level that they are right now. Insert rookie QB. If our defense doesn't play the game of their life, this could get historically bad. I hope not.

Oh don't act so scared.

The Steelers were 5th in defense last year, they are 4th this year.

They're good. They are always good.

But last year we sacked Roethlisbeger 8 times and got a big special teams play and played conservative on offense and beat them.

Now we've got Hillis to pound. Colt's played in more big games, and won more games than any other collegiate QB. Sure the Steelers blitz is tough, but we can gameplan for it.

The key is to pound Ben, he looks fat this year, I think we'll beat the hell out of him.

Zombo

this week is why i hate the browns' fans.

it's like watching a bullfrog blow itself up untill it finally explodes.

all bark and no teeth in their head for them to bite.

bout the only thing you can loof forward to on sunday is one more loss on manigina's record and a little closer to him being shown the door. that is the best thing for your team anyway. get our former coach in the offseason and i garantee that pittsburgh and cleveland are battling for the AFCN in 2-3yrs.

Please take ssome pictures pitt fans after the game.. I can't wait to see that wtf look.

if we were to have a "what the xxxx" look it would only be because we were beaten by one of the garbage, bottom-feeder teams in the NFL.

i realize that we play the games for a reason, and just because on paper we look better is no reason to count it as a win already.

but come on.........realistically what is gonna happen is you guys have no chance. i would put your chances of winning somewhere around 5%. even if you had a healthy QB those chances would go up to say 25%................but a rookie QB????????? i think our D coordinator has wet dreams about facing teams with rookie QBs.

realistically you guys will not be very effective on offense. Hillis is injured and even if he wasn't there isn't much of a chance of him just dominating our D. your QB is gonna be throwing on obvious passing situations only, wich is why i believe if he ONLY gets sacked 5 times he'll be doing good.

oh, and not to mention we get Ben back. make all the comments you want, but we have a star QB and he's pretty motivated to come out and put up some #'s.

oh, and not to mention we get Ben back. make all the comments you want, but we have a star QB and he's pretty motivated to come out and put up some #'s.

That may be very true, but there is a possibility that could work against him.

The Browns are severe underdogs for sure. Neither team can afford another division loss, especially Pitt at their house. WRREBEL's dream may not be so far-fetched..

In terms of who will win:

Last year the Browns had some huge special teams plays, one of which provided them with a score and quite possibly the ultimate victory. Pittsburgh's special teams are greatly improved vs. 2009 so I really don't see the Browns getting a potentially game winning advantage there.

The Browns defense can be quite stout, as they have proven in recent games. Even with the upgrade of Ben Roethlisberger, they could keep the game in check. If Ben is not as sharp as reported, it is possible their defense could score on a turnover or two. If the game is kept close, then that's really the only way I can see them winning.

Offensively the Browns will struggle. They don't have a QB and they don't have weapons other than Hillis. The Steelers can take Hillis out of the game, but the Browns really can't capitalize through the air. Our defense is improved vs. last year as well, vying for a top defensive position and I expect it to keep the score very low. The defensive backfield is much better with McFadden and Polamalu in the lineups. Aaron Smith is back shoring up defensive line as well. Ultimately, if the Steelers offense scores 21 or more points I don't see the Browns as having any hope of winning the game.

As for reports of starting a rookie against the great Pittsburgh defense being stupid, I'd have to disagree. For whatever reason, over the history of our team this decade, rookies (or 1st year starters) have a knack of pulling out victories against our "feared" defenses. Tom Brady, Peter Hoying (?) PHI, Mark Brunnel, are a few I remember, but there are more.

Hienz Field is also the site of one of our most bizzarre losses ever, that being the Houston Texans first ever year in the league, circa 2002. In that game the Steelers statistically dominated the Texans, we ended up losing, quite possibly costing us a Super Bowl run that year. (We needed the bye week to rest up and playing the Titans at home instead of away could've been the difference in that play-off game). So it is possible the Browns could win...its just not very probable.

No problem there skippy, I have dreams too! The difference is that I don't guarantee that she will show up at the front door!

BTW, doesn't dyslexia cause you to see things backwards? Hmmmmmm.......

Download Mozilla Firefox, it's free and comes with spell check which could help with the spelling.

Soooo Rosie O' Donnell has never shown up at your front door ? Shame.

We beat them last year with Brady Effing Quinn, the key is our defense getting to Roethlisberger and pounding him just like last year.

Zombo

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz....Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz....You sound like the Ugly Teenager you probably were Getting a Nice little bit of "Snatch" first time in Forever... and Hoping ...it wont be another 6 years !!

I like the Browns in this game, mostly because I hate the Steelers more. If they employ the same game plan that they had against my Ravens, they will eek out a 24-21 win. Let's go Brownies!

So, Ravens fan... do you have the same problem with obnoxious know it all Steelers trolls polluting your message board as we do here?

the Browns think that just because they have an NFL franchise they are a football team. we all know year after year they finish at the bottom and they demand respect? from who?

how about from the team that we beat last year on december 10? sounds good.

Archived