THE BROWNS BOARD

The Big Bad Steeler D

Earl34

Something to think about....

The Big, Bad Steelers Defense is tied for ninth with 11 sacks (through 4 games) for a total of 2.75 sacks per game

Did you realize that through five games, the Browns are tied for fifth allowing only 7 sacks through five games? They're third in the league having allowed only 14 hits on the QB. Only Mark Sanchez and Tom Brady have been hit less. Granted, those hits have proven costly but there is at least some objective evidence that the offensive line can pass protect for the rookie.

Furthermore, the Browns' pass defense is actually rated 18th vs the Steelers' 20th rated pass defense.

The Big, Bad Steelers Defense is tied for ninth with 11 sacks (through 4 games) for a total of 2.75 sacks per game

Did you realize that through five games, the Browns are tied for fifth allowing only 7 sacks through five games? They're third in the league having allowed only 14 hits on the QB. Only Mark Sanchez and Tom Brady have been hit less. Granted, those hits have proven costly but there is at least some objective evidence that the offensive line can pass protect for the rookie.

Furthermore, the Browns' pass defense is actually rated 18th vs the Steelers' 20th rated pass defense.

And SACKS Alone are the End all BE all of Rating a Defense... Right ? Stats not the Story... Steelers somewhat of a Bend dont Break D... If you have Offensive Capability you CAN Indeed MOVE that Ball on the Steelers. I think they Bet that You will mess up Before you can Score , More often than Not. Last stat I heard was Blitzing less than 40% of the Time this Year. Add to that they will HIT you and HIT you hard... so Intimidation also a factor.

And SACKS Alone are the End all BE all of Rating a Defense... Right ?

I didn't say that. You did.

This is in response to the idea that the rookie is going to get the snot beat out of him. Here's some evidence that suggests this might not be the case. Don't take it so personally. I didn't say that the Steeler D wasn't any good.

I didn't say that. You did.

This is in response to the idea that the rookie is going to get the snot beat out of him. Here's some evidence that suggests this might not be the case. Don't take it so personally. I didn't say that the Steeler D wasn't any good.

Gotcha !! Well the Rookie is Very Mobile... so Blitzing can always be counter productive if the kid heads Up Field.

http://www.nfl.com/stats/team

Total Defense (YPG) Top 5

1. New York Giants 244.6

2. San Diego Chargers 246.2

3. Baltimore Ravens 257.8

4. Pittsburgh Steelers 289.0

5. Minnesota Vikings 289.2

Passing (YPG) Top 5

1. New York Giants 146.0

2. Baltimore Ravens 156.6

3. San Diego Chargers 159.8

4. Miami Dolphins 181.5

5. Carolina Panthers 182.4

Rushing (YPG) Top 5

1. Pittsburgh Steelers 62.2

2. Seattle Seahawks 72.8

3. Chicago Bears 78.6

4. New York Jets 79.0

5. Houston Texans 79.6

I would say the NY Giants have the #1 defense.

The steelers Wins came against

Atlanta ranks 10th in Total Defense

Tenn. ranks 22nd in Total Defense

Tampa Bay ranks 18th in Total Defense

The Steelers Lost to Baltimore who ranks 3rd in Total Defense

Hey kid..............that's because of the breakdowns of your O-line Joe Thomas is a good NFL player and he was beat like a red headed step child last week!

Joe Thomas: A+ Probowl Tackle

Eric Steinbeck: Above Average Guard

Alex Mack: Reliable Sophomore Center with tons of potential

Floyd Womack: Veteran Right guard that can help out the center with double teams

Shawn Lauvao: Rookie Tackle with strong arms and great endurance

Tony Pashos: Seasoned Tackle with excellent hands

Whats your point?

Hey kid..............that's because of the breakdowns of your O-line Joe Thomas is a good NFL player and he was beat like a red headed step child last week!

That's weird because that was the same thing your red headed wife took on her snatch this month.

... an'at

Just out of curiosity, what is this? In a vacuum it looks like something in Arabic, but I assume its not that.

I looked it up and "Anat" is the ancient Semitic Goddess of War. So that could have been kind of cool....if that is what he meant by it. But that probably wasn't it.

Something I have been reiterating all season. The Browns have the best O line in the NFL.

Being a Ravens fan I would say the Browns O-line is #2 :), but that is one heck of a stat in the original post. The way Peyton Hillis ran against the Ravens though I can see why they are such a good line.

Being a Ravens fan I would say the Browns O-line is #2 :), but that is one heck of a stat in the original post. The way Peyton Hillis ran against the Ravens though I can see why they are such a good line.

Being a Ravens fan has as much credibility as the Ravens team itself, none. To be a fan of a team that stole another team's organization means you are nothing more than a band wagoner with no morals, however that is self-explanatory

Being a Ravens fan has as much credibility as the Ravens team itself, none. To be a fan of a team that stole another team's organization means you are nothing more than a band wagoner with no morals, however that is self-explanatory

Don't be jealous that the Ravens and Browns have better O-lines than the Steelers. Try to stay on focus and not just cave into personal attacks. What would you like to say about O-lines, since that is what the thread was started for?

If the Steelers had an even half-way decent line would they need such a scrammbling QB like Pig Ben?

What also needs to be considered is the Steelers have squared off against Matt Ryan, Joe Flacco and a surprising Josh Freeman. Colt McCoy isn't there with any of the 3, at least not yet. (I'm not going to throw the guy under the bus) Pittsburgh is going to force McCoy to win this game and the Browns have yet to face a pass rush like the one in Pittsburgh. The Ravens don't even compare, especially with the LB's on the outside. I'm not saying McCoy is going to be on his back all day but let's be realistic. The Pittsburgh defense is the pound for pound best defense in the league for a reason AND Ben is back to keep them off the field for extended periods of time.

the Browns always talk trash but cannot ever back it up on the football field.

You do realize that the people who post on this board are fans, not the actual Cleveland Browns football team. That means that no matter what we say here we don't get the opportunity to go on the field and ( back it up). Understood?

Who is impressed with Mangini and Holmgren?

I am. There are 32 of those jobs available in the world. I'm impressed with anyone who gets to that level in their profession.

Colt McCoy is a wimpy QB who has no business playing in the NFL.

You really need a life.

1. New York Giants 244.6

Passing (YPG) Top 5

1. New York Giants 146.0

4. Miami Dolphins 181.5

Rushing (YPG) Top 5

2. Seattle Seahawks 72.8

3. Chicago Bears 78.6

4. New York Jets 79.0

5. Houston Texans 79.6

Browns Ranked 21st ...so ?? Whats this have to do with Sunday ? I expect a good game ... the Browns aint Bad..if McCoy plays smart they will be in the Mix. But Unless Pittsburgh plays Santa ... they should be able to Pull this out. Thing is You Never know about the Turnover Monster , when it will show up. Also ATL And Tenn. Top 10 in Total Yards per game ...Tampa 3-1 ... The Ravens came down to the Last Play basically. Dont assume the Steelers are Vastly overrated.

... an'at

Just out of curiosity, what is this? In a vacuum it looks like something in Arabic, but I assume its not that.

I'm guessing that it is Pittsburghease for "and that" meaning "...and all that" at the end of sentence, as if to say "there is more to say but we are morons, so I'll just say 'an'at' and you'll nod your head and well drink another Iron City and imagine what Big Ben & Hine's kids would look like".

Again, I'm just guessing.

Zombo

1. New York Giants 244.6

Passing (YPG) Top 5

1. New York Giants 146.0

4. Miami Dolphins 181.5

Rushing (YPG) Top 5

2. Seattle Seahawks 72.8

3. Chicago Bears 78.6

4. New York Jets 79.0

5. Houston Texans 79.6

I know you guys will go to extraordinary lengths to try and discredit anything the Steelers do, including picking and choosing stats, but which defense would you rather have?

One giving up 12.5 PPG or one giving up 19.6?

The Steelers defense is top 5 in yards allowed and #1 in points allowed and rushing yards allowed, despite the fact they have been on the field a whole hell of a lot more than usual because their 3rd and 4th string QB's can't muster much of an offense. You go ahead and say the Giants are the #1 defense in the NFL, and keep trying to convince yourselves of nonsensical shit like this. Whatever helps you sleep better at night...

the main stat the matters in defense is points allowed. period. yards have no indication on how many point you have or who wins. every year we see teams get out gained by 200 yards sometimes and still lose. it has already happened to green bay this year. who cares about yards? points is the only defensive stat that i care about. the steelers are number 1 in points given up, so they are the number 1 defense. end of story.

Just read James Walkers most recent blog about Pittsburgh being the lone dominant team in the NFL. Lay it to rest. I'm not saying I"m a big Walker fan. I'm not but what he said is true. Take any number of the franchise QB's away from their team and see what they're records are, they sure as hell wouldn't be 3-1. Also look at the records of the teams we have beat. We gave the Falcons and the Bucs their only losses this year and beat the Titans who now sit at 3-2. You also need to take heed to the fact that as Gaf said our defense has been on the field A LOT because of our relatively putrid offense. I believe it's last in the league for passing yards. Ben is back so that will be no more. We have the most balanced team in the NFL. Oh and so much for that decline. lmao

Just read James Walkers most recent blog about Pittsburgh being the lone dominant team in the NFL. Lay it to rest. I'm not saying I"m a big Walker fan. I'm not but what he said is true. Take any number of the franchise QB's away from their team and see what they're records are, they sure as hell wouldn't be 3-1. Also look at the records of the teams we have beat. We gave the Falcons and the Bucs their only losses this year and beat the Titans who now sit at 3-2. You also need to take heed to the fact that as Gaf said our defense has been on the field A LOT because of our relatively putrid offense. I believe it's last in the league for passing yards. Ben is back so that will be no more. We have the most balanced team in the NFL. Oh and so much for that decline. lmao

lay it to rest? one guy offering his opinion is not the tell tale sign of a guy being right. that's just absurd.

Archived