THE BROWNS BOARD

Game Notes vs. Pittsburgh

TheClevelandSound

Here are my positives and negatives of this weeks matchup:

POSITIVES:

-Colt McCoy should be the starter for the rest of the season. Experience is gold in the NFL these days. I know its early but he shows signs of being a great QB in this league. Brady Quinn and Colt McCoy are two completely different QB's so don't even try to compare the two. Colt played smarter football than I have seen from anyone in a really long time. He made some rookie mistakes, but he is a rookie.

-Hillis didn't look injured at all. For the past two weeks I have been afraid of his durability but now he has answered all of my questions and this guy is definitely in it for the long haul.

-Evan Moore should be targeted moore (haha pun!). He is one of the most athletic guys on our team and should be converted to WR.

-O line played phenomenal. The protected Colt way more than I expected. Great job to them.

-Joe Haden, what a great draft pick. Not only did he make that heads up INT, but he made something very positive about it. Great job from the rookie.

-D Line actually got pressure on Ben. I'm impressed! (even tho it was against the worst O line in the league)

NEGATIVES:

-Besides Haden and Ward (two rookies), the secondary is shit. I have been giving Sheldon Brown excuses for a few weeks now but I am done with that. He just lost hte mojo he had in Philadelphia and that is probably why he was dealt here in the first place. Wright is no longer having bad games, but a bad year. He is just slacking and he cannot cover worth a dime. Elam is the worst tackler in the league. Adams can't cover either. We need some help.

-Before this game, I always blew it off when people told me the refs throw the game for the Steelers. All that conspiracy blah blah blah is bullshit. But this game gave me a second thought. James Harrison, who I met before and is a really nice guy, knocked both Josh Cribbs and MoMass out of the game with helmet to helmet hits. Not only was this bad playing from Harrison but it was horrible officiating. Fines will be handed out, I promise you that. But to call an offensive penalty when our WR just got nailed in the head by the defense? Really? Totally uncalled for. Who knows what the outcome of the game would be if Josh would have been in the entire game.

-Our WR core is worse than I thought! Now that we are banged up maybe we can go trade for someone! Probably wont happen knowing us. But its worth a shot.

That is all.

POSITIVES:

-Colt McCoy should be the starter for the rest of the season. Experience is gold in the NFL these days. I know its early but he shows signs of being a great QB in this league. Brady Quinn and Colt McCoy are two completely different QB's so don't even try to compare the two. Colt played smarter football than I have seen from anyone in a really long time. He made some rookie mistakes, but he is a rookie.

-Hillis didn't look injured at all. For the past two weeks I have been afraid of his durability but now he has answered all of my questions and this guy is definitely in it for the long haul.

-Evan Moore should be targeted moore (haha pun!). He is one of the most athletic guys on our team and should be converted to WR.

-O line played phenomenal. The protected Colt way more than I expected. Great job to them.

-Joe Haden, what a great draft pick. Not only did he make that heads up INT, but he made something very positive about it. Great job from the rookie.

-D Line actually got pressure on Ben. I'm impressed! (even tho it was against the worst O line in the league)

NEGATIVES:

-Besides Haden and Ward (two rookies), the secondary is shit. I have been giving Sheldon Brown excuses for a few weeks now but I am done with that. He just lost hte mojo he had in Philadelphia and that is probably why he was dealt here in the first place. Wright is no longer having bad games, but a bad year. He is just slacking and he cannot cover worth a dime. Elam is the worst tackler in the league. Adams can't cover either. We need some help.

-Before this game, I always blew it off when people told me the refs throw the game for the Steelers. All that conspiracy blah blah blah is bullshit. But this game gave me a second thought. James Harrison, who I met before and is a really nice guy, knocked both Josh Cribbs and MoMass out of the game with helmet to helmet hits. Not only was this bad playing from Harrison but it was horrible officiating. Fines will be handed out, I promise you that. But to call an offensive penalty when our WR just got nailed in the head by the defense? Really? Totally uncalled for. Who knows what the outcome of the game would be if Josh would have been in the entire game.

-Our WR core is worse than I thought! Now that we are banged up maybe we can go trade for someone! Probably wont happen knowing us. But its worth a shot.

That is all.

More helmet to helmet crying. The first one was in traffic and Cribbs was designated as a RB. What is a players supposed to do go for the tackle to knock the ball loose and detach his head from his body? The other one with Mo-mass he blasted him in the chest with his arms. Don't be surprised if he doesn't get fined. As far as the outcome is concerned Cribbs did nothing up to that point, what makes you think he would have done more later in the game? Hillis wasn't going anywhere. McCoy was on his ass a lot and sacked several times. Why not just admit the Browns were outplayed instead of jumping on the soapbox?

More helmet to helmet crying. The first one was in traffic and Cribbs was designated as a RB. What is a players supposed to do go for the tackle to knock the ball loose and detach his head from his body? The other one with Mo-mass he blasted him in the chest with his arms. Don't be surprised if he doesn't get fined. As far as the outcome is concerned Cribbs did nothing up to that point, what makes you think he would have done more later in the game? Hillis wasn't going anywhere. McCoy was on his ass a lot and sacked several times. Why not just admit the Browns were outplayed instead of jumping on the soapbox?

I had positives and negatives in my post for a reason. Trust me, I am not happy.

Mendenhall was hit helmet to helmet in the second half, should have been flagged.

You are right, we should have been flagged as well. Bad officiating on both sides.

I had positives and negatives in my post for a reason. Trust me, I am not happy.

You are right, we should have been flagged as well. Bad officiating on both sides.

The Harrison hits were legal. I wouldn't bet on a suspension.

I agree that both the refs did not call helmet to helmets on either team, but only because the stoolers got the best of it and i also agree colt has not only matured and should start, but could also be this clubs future..he has many raw tools including a good arm, but better judgement than jake and more balls than wallace and should be allowed to start and develop his skills, hats off to colt good job rookie!

The Harrison hits were legal. I wouldn't bet on a suspension.

Never did I say a suspension. But I can guarantee a fine. I have sources you don't. Not bragging by any means but my good friends dad is the head of NFL officiating. Just telling you there will be a fine handed out to Harrison and possibly the Browns player who hit your RB.

That is all.

The hit on Cribbs was a cheap shot, as he torpedoed into him, his arms not even looking to wrap up. The hit on Massaquoi wasn't a blatant dirty hit, but pretty damn close.

I'm pretty sure the NFL will fine the dipshit, but I would rather have our main playmaker in the game, and the 15 yards.

I could go on and on about the refs & Pittsburgh- but I will take the high road for now. We got beat, plain & simple.

Never did I say a suspension. But I can guarantee a fine. I have sources you don't. Not bragging by any means but my good friends dad is the head of NFL officiating. Just telling you there will be a fine handed out to Harrison and possibly the Browns player who hit your RB.

I meant a fine not a suspension. Don't bet on a fine. Also how do you know if I have sources or not?

That is all.

The hit on Cribbs was a cheap shot, as he torpedoed into him, his arms not even looking to wrap up. The hit on Massaquoi wasn't a blatant dirty hit, but pretty damn close.

I'm pretty sure the NFL will fine the dipshit, but I would rather have our main playmaker in the game, and the 15 yards.

I could go on and on about the refs & Pittsburgh- but I will take the high road for now. We got beat, plain & simple.

Harrison is always going for the ball to knock it loose. Cribbs wasn't to the ground and Harrison came in to knock the ball loose. You'll be crying about this all week. Don't bet on a fine.

I meant a fine not a suspension. Don't bet on a fine. Also how do you know if I have sources or not?

I don't. But odds are you don't. If Marcus Bernard got fines $5,000 last week for hitting Matt Ryan right when the pass was thrown, Harrison will be fined for helmet to helmet. Thats logic for you. But I am willing to bet the shirt off my back Harrison will be fined. And when he does I will make sure to let you know.

Harrison is always going for the ball to knock it loose. Cribbs wasn't to the ground and Harrison came in to knock the ball loose. You'll be crying about this all week. Don't bet on a fine.

Knocking the ball loose is one thing, leading with the head without using your arms is another. Totally uncalled for.

Knocking the ball loose is one thing, leading with the head without using your arms is another. Totally uncalled for.

He was leading with his shoulder and pursuing Cribbs BEFORE he was tackled. Last I checked it was the NFL and more importantly not two hand touch. Let me know when you're done crying.

I honestly can't believe that some of you can see something and completely convince yourself you saw something else!

1. The hit on Cribbs is a completely legal hit because he was a running back....and......theysimply collided.

2. The hit on MoMass was not helmet to helmet, Harrison used his shoulder pads and forearms, the helmets didn't even touch!

3. The one play that was a borderline penalty was TJ Ward's hit on Mendy because he lead with his helmet.

And you come here and whine? What is wrong with you?

You are the same person who said the Browns O line was the best in the NFL......today showed they are average.

No other O line in the league, maybe except the Jets O line, would have performed better against your defense. Case closed on that.

Fines will be out. I know this as a fact, not a speculation. Fines on both sides.

No other O line in the league, maybe except the Jets O line, would have performed better against your defense. Case closed on that.

Fines will be out. I know this as a fact, not a speculation. Fines on both sides.

Your o-line performed well? They certainly didn't do bad but I wouldn't say they preformed well. McCoy made the most of his time back there but he was hurried PLENTY and got sacked what 4 times? Hillis went no where. I wouldn't say the o-line performed well.

He said he'd never hurt a woman. He didn't say he wasn't acting like a moron. He's admitted to getting to full of himself plenty of times and that he wasn't the best human being as a direct result. Good one tard. :wacko:

I'm pretty sure he has hurt a woman...a few drunk ones actually.

He said he'd never hurt a woman. He didn't say he wasn't acting like a moron. He's admitted to getting to full of himself plenty of times and that he wasn't the best human being as a direct result. Good one tard. :wacko:

HE SAID HE DIDN'T DO ANYTHING WRONG!!!! ANYTHING!! Wonder why he got suspended then?? Man, Stooler fans are stupid.

Based on what your jaded opinion? Read the case files. They are of public record at this point. The United States prides itself on innocent until proven guilty. We'll see if something else comes up. Actual criminals usually display repeat behavior, OJ Simpson for example. I didn't realize banging out on a sorority slut with a DTF name tag was "rape" I guess a lot of my friends in college are guilty of rape then because sororities through school, at least in my experience were borderline whorehouses and the girls went out in aggressive fashion to bring guys home. THE GIRLS! not the guys.

EDIT: Unless of course you look like sloth from the Goonies, then I guess you wouldn't know.

Looks like im guilty of rape :rolleyes:

The only reason the files say what they do is because the girl was drunk. If she was sober, your QB would be a registered sex offender.

He was suspended for conduct unbecoming of a professional football player WITH the Rooney's blessing and truthfully the suspension likely saved his career. If he were charged with Rape he'd be going to jail you xxxxing moron and Cleveland if she were sober it would be less of a issue because they probably wouldn't have got it on in a bathroom and the sorority sisters wouldn't have made asses and sluts out of themselves at the bar. All backed up by eye witness reports you can read in the case, once again now of public record. If it weren't Roethlisberger you wouldn't give a sh.it, that's the fact and that's why this whole thing is laughable. STFU.

If the world was flat we would all fall off eventually. Words to live by chief.

He was suspended for conduct unbecoming of a professional football player WITH the Rooney's blessing and truthfully the suspension likely saved his career.

So, tell me, how do you get suspended by the NFL for "conduct unbecoming of a professional football player" if he, according to his own words, "did NOTHING wrong"?

I bet you believe OJ is innocent too, huh?

If the world was flat we would all fall off eventually. Words to live by chief.

another good post turned to shit...

let's stay on topic!

McCoy looked good! He has more arm that I thought he did... Put the ball where he had to when he had to... Yes, there were some jitters early on... and frankly I was never convinced that he was the right, but today was VERY encouraging.

Gotta love Hillis. Wilcots was comparing to Jim Taylor. Good analogy.

Haden and TJ are making this draft look good just by themselves... add Colt and Lavuao into the mix and Heckert did one heck of a job.

my only question you missed: Where was Roth all day?

Why is Bernard not on the field every down?

McCoy did a lot better than most thought he would do against the Steelers. He stayed in the pocket, took some shots, and didn't get rattled. Cleveland is getting better, needs a couple good receivers, and the rest of the guys to get healthy. I think Colt has a bright future ahead of him.

We all know, (putting aside the rivalry for the sake of making a point) that if the Steelers aren't winning enough to keep the bandwagons interested, the national media gives them about as much attention as we get. This includes enforcement of roughing the passer/ helmet to helmet from an officiating standpoint. Only the "marquee" teams like Cowgirls, Patsies, and I'm beginning to suspect Jets are going to have these calls made regularly for (so often that its ticky tack). The XL Bowl was officiated terribly on both sides, but a combination of The Bus finally getting to the big one, and the fact the Stadium was so filled with fans of the Steelers, that the balance of the bad calls benefited the home team.

On a side note, do we have a market as large as NY? Hell no! But, we're better fans, hell the Burgh has better fans than NY, and the West Coast would rather pretend professional football doesn't exist, but it's not as if we're an expansion bought with a billionaires funds for some crap market like the Titans, Jaguars, and Panthers. We deserve better recognition than we get. And to hell with "America's Team" whoever that might be; it's a myth perpetuated by guys that would sell their wives to shower with the likes of Tony Romo or whoever is the golden boy of the week happens to be...

On a side note, do we have a market as large as NY? Hell no! But, we're better fans, hell the Burgh has better fans than NY,

i agree with the majority of what you said except NY and it's fans. huge brown fan here and will be till the end of days but till about 5 years ago the jets fans would be the only ones left in the bar at the end of the day/night next to me crying in their beers. F THE COWBOYS!.

Harrison didn't touch his helmet on that play so you just sound dumb.
so you say...again and again and again.....

just stfu already broken record(s). nothings changin except the thread page length. you guys need to go celebrate or something. and if lurking on our site to gloat is your idea of that, well then keep it movin cuz i'm not the "M" to your "S".

back to game notes.

Colt looked really promising. i have already seen enough to be willing to endure his growing pains all 2010 long. tbh this loss doesn't even sting.

i do disagree about his pocket presence being a positive. he "self-flushed" many times when he should have just stepped up.

watch some T. Brady film, Colt. this ain't the NCAA anymore.

timeline: he sucked in training camp and skipped being a newlywed to digest daboll's playbook, and by the second preseason game had already progressed enough to beat out Ratty (!). these days i hear he's cutting up the scout team in practice like they were rails on a Bowie mirror.

i just can't count him out. at all. his ceiling is high, he has all the tools, all the intangibles, decent technique, he's crafty, and he's driven. so far, he's already one of the best 3rd rd picks we've had since 99, and could easily become THE best. i know that's not saying a whole lot...or is it? given our QB sitchy it definitely couldn't have come at a better time.

did Holmy/Haskell's cliff notes put him on the fast track or maybe he's just a legit stud? either way, we just might have something really special w/ this kid.

in other news...

godspeed Asante, godspeed.....cuz in the meantime the shoulder pad tackling whiffs are endless. "swing your partner round and round" as he spins and you fall on your ass. yes i'm talking about you, Abe.

it's nice to validate there were absolutely no legs to that Haden combine 40 time concern. really nice.

Gocong who? Scott xxxx? both barely avg at best imo. i think Benard doesn't start cuz of his mistakes and penalties. fix those and he's in imo.

Rogers? Kenyon? i guess they ran out of gorilla glue and duct tape for Robaire this week. next year they need to make a concerted effort to stock the DL cupboards way up with some late picks. i'd say again but this new expansion team has yet to.

build around Ahtyba--i really like him. great motor and awesome hustle and quickness in the flat for a huge man. not too much this week to brag about but it's consistent and always at a high level, even if it's not "sexy".

hey Hillis, go eat some wings with Bell and talk playbook. we need him up to speed asap.

dare i say it, i'm really starting to miss Braylon a bit. at least defenses respected his potential. WR probably should be #1 priority this next draft. hey, we tried it, it didn't work. looks like we'll have to have a diva after all.

Your o-line performed well? Hillis went no where. I wouldn't say the o-line performed well.

Hillis averaged more per carry than Mendenhall....and he didn't get the chance to run as much because the Browns had to play catch up

Make my words the Steelers will not beat the better AFC teams in the playoffs this year.....if they make it. The Browns have a bad secondary and Ben had one good drive. The others were on shortened fields after turnovers. The Steelers WR are overrated. Just double Wallace and keep them in front of you. No one is confusing any of the other Steeler WR's with being fast. Ladarius Webb shut down Wallace and he is an average corner. The Brown's didnot game plan the Pass well at all today.

The Steeler D can be thrown on all day as evidenced by a rookie lighting them up for yards. U dont think Brady, Brees will pick them apart? Guess again

Hillis averaged more per carry than Mendenhall....and he didn't get the chance to run as much because the Browns had to play catch up

Make my words the Steelers will not beat the better AFC teams in the playoffs this year.....if they make it. The Browns have a bad secondary and Ben had one good drive. The others were on shortened fields after turnovers. The Steelers WR are overrated. Just double Wallace and keep them in front of you. No one is confusing any of the other Steeler WR's with being fast. Ladarius Webb shut down Wallace and he is an average corner. The Brown's didnot game plan the Pass well at all today.

The Steeler D can be thrown on all day as evidenced by a rookie lighting them up for yards. U dont think Brady, Brees will pick them apart? Guess again

thanks for getting this back on track Sisco... today was an interesting test... saw some positives... some negatives... let's stay on topic.

POSITIVES:

NEGATIVES:

That is all.

Your a JOKE man... Grow up and be a MAN. Take your losses like a MAN. excuses out the rectum... a JOKE and an Embarrassment to being a MAN all this endless whining. And Cribbs and MoMas or Not You guys weren't gonna Win this Game. Pittsburgh just would have Stepped it up all the More. You all whipped us last year In C-Town ...thats wasnt gonna Happen Sunday. WOULDA...COulda Shoulda... BLaaaa Blaaa blaaa !

Archived