THE BROWNS BOARD

Colt McCoy

Taz1129

Hi Browns fans, I am a new member and a Steelers fan.

I just want to say I am very impressed with Colt McCoy. I think the Browns have indeed found a legitimate QB. There should be no shame that the Browns lost today. Many a veteran QB have played in Pittsburgh against our defense, and a lot faired much worse than Colt did. The kid hung tough and has a good arm.

Hi Browns fans, I am a new member and a Steelers fan.

I just want to say I am very impressed with Colt McCoy. I think the Browns have indeed found a legitimate QB. There should be no shame that the Browns lost today. Many a veteran QB have played in Pittsburgh against our defense, and a lot faired much worse than Colt did. The kid hung tough and has a good arm.

I would like to thank you for a good respectful post. Some of your fellow Steeler fans have been more than annoying today.

I never doubted him...he will be good for the Browns...I hope he waits another week...lol....but im glad for your team ..going to be hard to pull against him this week..but my Saints come first....goodluck any time you dont play us...heres to an injury free game for us both...

from AFC North blog on ESPN.

How can you not like this kid:

McCoy, whose passing total was a season-high for Cleveland, was sacked five times and took nine other hits but still made several good plays.

"I prepare every week like I'm the starter; I think because of that, it's helped me grow to where I am right now," McCoy said. "Obviously, you don't want to come here and lose. I go into each game expecting to win, expecting to play good. That's why I'm here, that's why they drafted me

Well Brownies, I will say McCoy showed more promise at QB than any stiff you had under center the last 11 years, hell since Bernie Kozar. I doubt you can turn this year into a winning season, but if you keep him under center (and keep him from getting killed) he has all the markings of a franchise QB.

Other comments:

I just saw the moderaters made an unmoderated post for smack talk. Haven't read it, but I think that's a great idea. You should make it a sticky for the week though and get it posted for every opponnent on Monday morning.

I don't see Mangini as being around next year, and Rob Ryan has put together a really good defense. Don't know if Ryan/Holmgren mesh well together, but it would seem to me that Ryan would make for a really good head coach, though personally I'm kinda hoping your front office bungles that up. Here's to bringing back Butch Davis!!

Archived