THE BROWNS BOARD

Quarterback situation...

Carolina Brownie

If we do anything.. I say Seneca... More mobile that Delhomme. But I'm impressed with Colt.. not that he is lighting up the boards with stats and TD's.. but he has pose and looks good in the pocket... hasn't made the mistakes and throwing INT's when under pressure.. If the O Line can give him some time.. maybe we can throw down field and see what he has.. but I do like his accuracy... he was pretty much spot on with the deep ball to Cribbs early on..

We just need to do more of that..

Keep in mind 3 possessions started inside our 20 and, with the lead, it was right to play conservative. Also, the early pass interference call might have been a Brown's TD had no penalty occurred. That ball was well thrown. Then there are the dropped passes. I say all that to suggest Colt continue to start. No mistakes and getting rid of the ball or running to avoid sacks equals good football sense.

I'm glad I don't have to be the one to make the decision. Tough call IMO.

Your right there, as if we put the other guys back in and they start to play bad, no matter what we say, we will start asking for Colt to come back in, and tht is a situation that we dont wont to see happen again, so unless MH or EM come out during bye week and just say straight up that Colt is back onto the bench with clip board to continue his progression going to be a hard call

I can see Colt starting. If we can play defense like we did today the rest of the season. Why not keep him in.

Not to make comparisons to the rapist, but Rapelisburger had similar stats his rookie season with a great defense. Hey give him all the shit you want but he's got the ring.

Hell maybe Colt could win 8 in a row?

What we think doesnt matter, but im for finding out if colt is "The Real Deal" McCoy, he has been very poised for a rookie and earned the right imo against 2 tough teams, and coming away with a win in one!

But the gini will likely restore the natural order of things in 2 weeks, jake(1) seneca(2) mccoy(3)..just a gut feeling...:)

What we think doesnt matter, but im for finding out if colt is "The Real Deal" McCoy, he has been very poised for a rookie and earned the right imo against 2 tough teams, and coming away with a win in one!

But the gini will likely restore the natural order of things in 2 weeks, jake(1) seneca(2) mccoy(3)..just a gut feeling...:)

I'm thinking that Holmgren will be involved in this decision. He's the quarterback guru. With both a guru and a "gini" on our side, how can we miss?

I would like to see Colt start the rest of the season but the next two games feature the Jets and Pats and I'd like to see him get through that first.

I think that there is a little bit of a problem comparing Colt with Seneca (I don't think Jake sees the field again). The playcalling with Colt in the game is different because they're trying to limit what he has to do and how much risk they're putting him in. I am not saying that the playcalling should be any different. I think you're trying to protect the kid a little bit.

The question really should be "Who gives the team the best chance to win?". If it's Colt, then that's great because you also get him experience and you get to see what he can do. I think that Colt has shown me enough to say he deserves to keep starting. No, the numbers aren't gawdy but today's 9 for 16 could have been 11 for 16 (and more than a few more yards) if Vickers holds on to the ball. Colt has shown us toughness and selflessness (in receiving the Hillis pass). He's made good decisions. Today was our first game without a turnover. I know Seneca is athletic but I really like Colt's athleticism too. Colt seems to make more things happen when he's on the move (my opinion). He has shown me a lot of accuracy. He had the one overthrow today but otherwise, he's been on the money. His arm strength seems adequate.

If we could work in Figurs or Michell in some small way just to have some speed on the field...that might open things up even more for Colt. He can't do it alone but he's held up his end each of the last two weeks.

I think we have to go with Colt the rest of the way. Jake is finished I think. Seneca can be the backup or guy that we bring in if Colt struggles against someone. We don't want his confidence to get destroyed so if he's have a rough start, we can bring Wallace in to finish up.

I still cant believe he looks like he he 15, but he has shown some balls. He made a couple of throws that went out of bounds today day that would have been a pick last year from DA or Quinn. He just seems like he is comfortable out there. He will get better stepping up in the pocket. One other thing that was great today is that we didnt have to use the WildDawg at all. Our coaches trusted Colt to get er done. Keep Colt in there and just tailor the O for him. With Hills and Hardesty next year and a really good playmaker WR via draft or freeagency, we will be in good hands.

i'm a McCoy fan, but i don't seeing him manufacturing points (yet) the way that Jake can. i'm fine with whatever Coach Mangini decides. i think this is Jake's team after the bye week.

Delhomme owns the factory which manufactures interceptions.

I agree Delhomme can move the offense better, but he also creates more turn overs which overall makes him worse than McCoy at this point. Let McCoy develop this year, Delhomme won't be around here as long as McCoy will be here.

I haven't seen anywhere close to anything from Jake that shows he can lead this team to points in the 2 halves he's played. If they went back to Wallace after the bye I'd be ok with that since he was playing well when he got hurt.

I'd still rather just let McCoy go the rest of the way. He deserves to be the home starter when we come back after the bye week.

Do we keep Colt in for the rest of the season or go back to Seneca/Jake?

Since we have a bye week there's a chance Jake or Seneca will be healed.

I think it would do Colt some good hitting the bench for a few more games. Now he will be there knowing what happens on a NFL field and think it will do him good to watch a few games.

The old adage is you don't lose a starting job to an injury, so it won't create a stir to put Colt back as a reserve, and the reality is Colt didn't look as sharp yesterday as he did against Pittsburgh.

I think some time to reflect and prepare as a former starter will go a long way in his development, then at some point further down the road(this season) let him finish it out unless Jake or Seneca has caught fire and moving the team.

Expect to see Jake back in control for the Pats...and I sure hope we don't have goofs booing at the introductions.

Expect to see Jake back in control for the Pats...and I sure hope we don't have goofs booing at the introductions.

We wont hear boo's with the introductions, but come any interceptions I am afraid we will start hearing them, because that is the nature of the beast with the fans with regards to our QB's and that wont ever change until we have that guy in there that is considered the franchise QB and performing to that lofty tag.

I also think the playing or benching of Colt after the bye week, could give us a another indication as to what possible plans are for the 1st round pick next year with regards going for one of the other QB's coming out . Though personally looking at upcoming games, can easily see us finishing season 8-8 so our placing in next draft wouldnt be great to grab one of those quality QB's coming out anyway.

I will be happy with SW going back in and seeing how season starts to finish off, possibly throwing Colt back in last couple of games when nothing left for us to play for. Though think Mangini will go with who he thinks is going to be the one that will make sure he still has a job after this year so Colt quite possibly will be the way forward.

Kinda hoping Colt will still be in there for the Pats or Jets games as I will be over for them, but will be equally as happy with JD or SW getting us wins in those games

We wont hear boo's with the introductions, but come any interceptions I am afraid we will start hearing them, because that is the nature of the beast with the fans with regards to our QB's and that wont ever change until we have that guy in there that is considered the franchise QB and performing to that lofty tag.

I also think the playing or benching of Colt after the bye week, could give us a another indication as to what possible plans are for the 1st round pick next year with regards going for one of the other QB's coming out . Though personally looking at upcoming games, can easily see us finishing season 8-8 so our placing in next draft wouldnt be great to grab one of those quality QB's coming out anyway.

I will be happy with SW going back in and seeing how season starts to finish off, possibly throwing Colt back in last couple of games when nothing left for us to play for. Though think Mangini will go with who he thinks is going to be the one that will make sure he still has a job after this year so Colt quite possibly will be the way forward.

Kinda hoping Colt will still be in there for the Pats or Jets games as I will be over for them, but will be equally as happy with JD or SW getting us wins in those games

i think we can winout! playoffs baby!!!!!!!!!! or 8-8 at the worst only 2 losses the rest of the way maybe by the pats and dolphins.

i honestly think were as good as shittsburg and better then the turd birds and bengals will be at the bottom at the end of the season Woof Woof Woof!

wait till next year when we go after lots of offense in the off season.

I think that it will go back to the way it was after everyone is healthy and I mean 100% healthy. I would like to see Colt keep starting but I don't think it will happen.

As said before, guys usually don't lose their starting position to injury unless the sub comes in and really lights it up....and that hasn't happened.

His QB rating this last game was 68....hardly anything great.

That isn't a knock on him, he is learning AND DOING SOME GOOD THINGS, but now probably isn't the time to hitch the wagon to that horse.

just playing the devil's advocate here, Colt really didn't do much at all in the saints game. Defense and special teams won that game. I did think he threw a really nice deep ball on PI call, but other than the fact he didn't turn it over he didn't do anything. You can probably attribute that to the offensive game plan maybe but still. I'm really excited to see what he can do, but trust me he needs time. The offense will be better with Jake or Seneca at this point while the WR's develop and the defense gets stronger. Next season, the defense is fired up and ready and Colt is ready too

Archived