THE BROWNS BOARD

New Season Predictions.

ClevelandFanForLife

I just thought it would be fun to see how we all think the rest of the season will end up heading into the bye week. I had us at 3-4 at this point before the season started. Let's see how well we can do after the bye.

New England Patriots-L. We are competitive but ultimately lose.

New York Jets-L. I will stick with my preseason prediction of the defense shutting us down but Sanchez keeps us in the game.

@ Jacksonville Jaguars-W. The Jaguars are very streaky and play to their opponents level whether it's up or down. I think we beat them though.

Carolina Panthers-W. They will have the second overall pick.

@ Miami Dolphins-L. I still think we can win this one, but we most likely lose.

@ Buffalo Bills-W. Still the worst team in the league.

@ Cincinnati Bengals-W. I had this as a loss before the season, but Marvin Lewis may be gone by then and they may give up on the season.

Baltimore Ravens-L. This one could go either way, but I think we lose.

Pittsburgh Steelers-W. I still have this as a win. With more time under center, Colt looks better than he did in the first game and that's saying something.

That has us at 7-9. Not bad considering that most people have us in the bottom 5 of the league.

I just thought it would be fun to see how we all think the rest of the season will end up heading into the bye week. I had us at 3-4 at this point before the season started. Let's see how well we can do after the bye.

New England Patriots-L. We are competitive but ultimately lose.

New York Jets-L. I will stick with my preseason prediction of the defense shutting us down but Sanchez keeps us in the game.

@ Jacksonville Jaguars-W. The Jaguars are very streaky and play to their opponents level whether it's up or down. I think we beat them though.

Carolina Panthers-W. They will have the second overall pick.

@ Miami Dolphins-L. I still think we can win this one, but we most likely lose.

@ Buffalo Bills-W. Still the worst team in the league.

@ Cincinnati Bengals-W. I had this as a loss before the season, but Marvin Lewis may be gone by then and they may give up on the season.

Baltimore Ravens-L. This one could go either way, but I think we lose.

Pittsburgh Steelers-W. I still have this as a win. With more time under center, Colt looks better than he did in the first game and that's saying something.

That has us at 7-9. Not bad considering that most people have us in the bottom 5 of the league.

I see it about the same way, we will beat the stoolers unless for some unexpected reason they have to have this game to clinch..

And laugh if you will i think we beat the pats but lose to buffalo especially if they are still winless...

Any nfl team on any given sunday can beat any other nfl team, unless they are playing the pittsburgh stealers with refs included..

New England Patriots - Win: Riding a big win against the Saints and the bye week to get healthy I say we pull away with a W.

New York Jets - Win: Again we roll with the momentum from two wins against big opponents and get the W here. However I can also see us easily get blown out... but I'm going to think with my heart instead of my head on this one.

@ Jacksonville Jaguars - ?: This is a toss up in my opinion because the Jags are either ON or they're OFF. They're kind of like a box of chocolates, you never know what you're gonna get.

Carolina Panthers - Win: One of the worst teams in the league right now. We should stomp them.

@ Miami Dolphins - Loss: We will be competitive but Miami is ultimately the better team.

@ Buffalo Bills - Win: We should easily win here but if Buffalo is winless then watch out.

@ Cincinnati Bengals - Win: We got them the first time and unless they need a win to get into the playoffs (which I see to be a very unlikely scenario) they will have already packed it in for the season.

Baltimore Ravens - ?: The Ravens always seem to get injuries during the end of the season. A couple vital players could be out for them based on this. This is another toss up and I will hold my judgment till that week.

Pittsburgh Steelers - Win: We played competitively with the Steelers for one half last game and if we don't give up a couple big pass plays the final score would have been closer. I say we beat them the second time around like we did last year.

I honestly think if we keep fighting and grinding this season out we could be 7 - 9 or 8 - 8 at the end of the year.

7-9 at this point would be an out standing season for us. Should of would of could of is all the first few games were. We know who we are now and have our chests pushed out a little bit.

I knew when I saw the thread that the posts would be hilarious!

Win a game and all of a sudden you're going to the superbowl!

After your next game you'll be back to the suicide watch!

Just let us be at least optimistic. We beat the defending superbowl champions in New Orleans.

Yep! And I congratulate you for it! I predicted it before the game with a buddy who is a Browns fan.

But..................................to now predict 7,8,9,10 wins?

COME ON MAN!

Maybe 6 or 7 wins. That's a big IF. A big one. If they played like they did in the first half of the season, they can do it. Play competitive and try your best to win.

I said between 6 and 7 wins would be a good season and 8 and really good season...............I am still on that page

Gotta love McCoy and the coaching

I knew when I saw the thread that the posts would be hilarious!

Win a game and all of a sudden you're going to the superbowl!

After your next game you'll be back to the suicide watch!

Only one poster said anything about a Super Bowl and he is being an optimistic fan, which I have no problem with.

So tell me again who is claiming we are going to the playoffs or the Super Bowl?

I was going to post something else but I don't want to rain on this parade so I deleted it. However I will say this, Pittsburgh will most likely sit starters last week of the season. Just saying.

I was going to post something else but I don't want to rain on this parade so I deleted it. However I will say this, Pittsburgh will most likely sit starters last week of the season. Just saying.

Not if theres a fight for 1st place with Bmore and i'm sure that it will be! When we get our revenge and the win it wont be because your starters are out! It'll be because we dominated the Stoolers in Cleve!

Yep! And I congratulate you for it! I predicted it before the game with a buddy who is a Browns fan.

But..................................to now predict 7,8,9,10 wins?

COME ON MAN!

It's not too difficult to fathom us winning 6 - 7 games this season. We were in all the games this year except Pittsburgh. So 6 - 7 wins is a reality.

We can definitely beat the Jaguars, Panthers, and Bills. Add in a most likely win against the Bengals and a maybe a Ravens or Steelers victory at then end of the season (one of them will most likely be sitting starters) and we have a 7-9 record. Who knows, we could pull another upset or two and be 8-8 or better.

Either way I'd be happy.

In my opinion, this team is in need of a top 7 pick like Patrick Peterson, Prince Amukamara, or Marcell Dareus to help shore out that defense. Then we get a WR through free agency (because AJ Green will have been gone by the time we pick), a change of pace RB who exemplifies versatility, and a MLB who can lead the D.

We're not that far from a superbowl appearance! If we play our cards right, we could be a 12-4 team by next year with the right offseason. Unfortunately, this team just doesnt have enough talent to get past a team in the playoffs. And besides, I'd much rather this team end up with a top 5 pick and progressively get better than make the playoffs, win ourselves out of a good pick, and miss out on a great talent. That just keeps this team in a horizontal direction.

In my opinion, this team is in need of a top 7 pick like Patrick Peterson, Prince Amukamara, or Marcell Dareus to help shore out that defense. Then we get a WR through free agency (because AJ Green will have been gone by the time we pick), a change of pace RB who exemplifies versatility, and a MLB who can lead the D.

We're not that far from a superbowl appearance! If we play our cards right, we could be a 12-4 team by next year with the right offseason. Unfortunately, this team just doesnt have enough talent to get past a team in the playoffs. And besides, I'd much rather this team end up with a top 5 pick and progressively get better than make the playoffs, win ourselves out of a good pick, and miss out on a great talent. That just keeps this team in a horizontal direction.

I'm never one to lose just to get better draft picks. Look at New England, they get a butt load of picks and hope that a higher percentage turn out better than a couple greats that are busts.

I'm never one to lose just to get better draft picks. Look at New England, they get a butt load of picks and hope that a higher percentage turn out better than a couple greats that are busts.

Fair enough, but honestly, do we have enough weapons to stand a chance in the playoffs? I don't think we're there yet. Like I said, I think we're a year shy of the playoffs with the right offseason.

And FWIW, I wasn't stating we tank the games. I'm NEVER for that.

I doubt that. If they are in the hunt for the best record in the AFC they shouldn't be sitting anyone. Jets and Pats both right now have the same record. They will also almost certainly be in a dogfight with the Ravens for the division.

You instill a winning culture- not go for draft picks. The Cowboys picked Dez Bryant @ #24- he looked mighty good last night. Darrell Revis was taken @ #14 about where I'll predict the Browns will pick next year. Ray Lewis lasted until the second round, Ed Reed was a low first rounder. Marquis Colston was a 7th rounder. Teams like the Steelers (I hate to say that) or the Colts have picked at the bottom of the heap for years- yet they still manage to come up with quality players. Not so much where you draft, it's HOW you draft that counts.

The Browns have drafted high for the past 10 years, and where did that get them? Besides Joe Thomas [[Alex Mack, but then again, you take a center in the first round, you had better draft a Pro-Bowler]] and the departed Kellen Winslow and mediocre (I can't catch a cold" Braylon Edwards, damn little. With 20\20 hindsight, I could put together a Super Bowl roster from players still on the board when the Browns drafted that they whiffed on.

This is simply ludicrous!

1. It takes years to build a great team and even longer when you start at the bottom of the barrel.....stop looking for the quick fix, it doesn't exist!

2. Close to a Super Bowl appearance? Seriously? This is where Browns fans often lose sight of logic, if the Browns are going from a below average team to a Super Bowl team simply by a good off season draft, are you assuming that all the teams currently ahead of the Browns are going to do nothing or slip backwards?

3. The Browns have drafted higher than virtually every team in the NFL for 10+ years........how is that working for you?

GEEEEZ!

Big misunderstanding.

I said we're not that far from a superbowl appearance, my guess would be 3 years.

I said we could be a 12-4 or 11-5 team by next year (playoff team). Big difference.

And I don't believe in quick fixes but when you have a team all following the same beat, great chemistry, great management, and all you lack is talent you go for the missing bullet. It's not all too far-fetched to assume we can fill the holes at WR, DB, MLB and DE this offseason.

I also said offseason, thinking JUST a draft could change our fortunes around would be ludicrous. However, assuming we can be a 11-5/12-4 team next year isn't.

You instill a winning culture- not go for draft picks. The Cowboys picked Dez Bryant @ #24- he looked mighty good last night. Darrell Revis was taken @ #14 about where I'll predict the Browns will pick next year. Ray Lewis lasted until the second round, Ed Reed was a low first rounder. Marquis Colston was a 7th rounder. Teams like the Steelers (I hate to say that) or the Colts have picked at the bottom of the heap for years- yet they still manage to come up with quality players. Not so much where you draft, it's HOW you draft that counts.

The Browns have drafted high for the past 10 years, and where did that get them? Besides Joe Thomas [[Alex Mack, but then again, you take a center in the first round, you had better draft a Pro-Bowler]] and the departed Kellen Winslow and mediocre (I can't catch a cold" Braylon Edwards, damn little. With 20\20 hindsight, I could put together a Super Bowl roster from players still on the board when the Browns drafted that they whiffed on.

Hmm, you almost got me convinced. However; I look at a team like Detroit where they're on the cusp of being a great squad, but lack what we got. With the enormous talent level they have, they're great coaching/team chemistry away from being a really, really good team for a good amount of time.

I was following that blueprint. But of course, yours works too.

And in all fairness, you can't expect a college player who wasn't spectacular at that level to become a great player in the NFL. It just happens.

1. Assuming you can go from a below average team to a 12-4 or 15-5 team (which puts you in the elite category) in one years is ludicrous.

Except, of course, that it has been done any number of times in the past decade or so. Rams go from 4-12 to winning the SB. Pats go from 5-11 to winning the SB. It can and has been done. Why is it any more ludicrous than a team going from 10-6 to 4-12? We know that can happen. It just happened to the Browns.

2. The Browns are missing talent at numerous positions, if it were that easy to fix it all in one years via the draft every teams would be elite every year.

True, but it could take a couple of drafts PLUS a couple of years of free agent pickups. That is how any number of teams have gotten better faster than predicted.

Assume that history is correct most of the time.......the Browns are a 5-6 win team this year and, other than the occasional anomaly, will progress a game or two per year if "everything" goes right. They are in a tough conference and possibly the toughest division in that conference. This progression rate would see the Browns be a 12-4 team in 3-5 years "IF" everything goes right!

I don't think in this day in age it takes that long at all, if the chips fall right. The Browns went from 4-12 in 2006 to 10-6 in 2007. So, obviously a leap in progression can take place. The key of course is sustaining it. The Browns couldn't.

On the other hand, there is nothing saying that the other teams in the Browns division may not take the same kind of nosedive. The Bengals seem like they might be on that kind of a slide this year.

"IF" Mangini proves to be the real deal?

"IF" Holmgren proves to be the real deal?

"IF" McCoy proves to be the real deal?

"IF" Lerner stays out of the mix?

"IF" key injuries don't hold them back?

A lot of "IF's"

Every team has those kind of "IFs", even the Steelers. IF they don't get certain people injured, IF the substitutes that are in for suspended players don't Eff up and lose games for them, IF they don't some fortuitous turnovers here or there, IF some players on their opponents don't get hurt, IF they don't get a lucky referee's call here or there. IF their takeaway/giveaway differential weren't as it was. A lot of things have fallen the Steeler's way this year that could perhaps just as easily have fallen the other way.

The Browns have led in the second half of every game they have played this year, and in the 4th Quarter in all but one. IF certain breaks had gone their way, any or all of those games could have been turned around.

So, everybody has IFs.

YEAH, We're "below average", only in numb nutts Steeler internet forum trolls opinion.

Your slanted viewpoint of the Browns does not allow it to be possible in your mind Stone. Yeah, it's just my "slanted" view.....along with virtually every NFL power ranking in the world...........and every odds maker in the world

Power rankings are truly irrelevent. They are just a reflection of record.

IF the Browns had not blown a couple of those games by allowing the big turnover there record may have been like 4-3 and not 2-5 and their "power ranking" would certainly be comparatively improved.

Conversely, the Steeler are a plus 8 in turnover ratio.....which gives them whatever "power" they have.

Prior to Sunday, the Browns were well below even on TO ratio. Now they are even I think.

In every game they won, they won the TO battle, in every game they lost, they lost the TO battle.

1. Assuming you can go from a below average team to a 12-4 or 15-5 team (which puts you in the elite category) in one years is ludicrous.

The Steelers were 6-10 in 2003, then they drafted Big Ben in 2004 and went 15-1. The next year they go 11-5 and win the Superbowl.

We have a defense on the verge of being dominant and Colt McCoy has been impressive......you never know what could happen

2. The Browns are missing talent at numerous positions, if it were that easy to fix it all in one years via the draft every teams would be elite every year.

Assume that history is correct most of the time.......the Browns are a 5-6 win team this year and, other than the occasional anomaly, will progress a game or two per year if "everything" goes right. They are in a tough conference and possibly the toughest division in that conference. This progression rate would see the Browns be a 12-4 team in 3-5 years "IF" everything goes right!

"IF" Mangini proves to be the real deal?

"IF" Holmgren proves to be the real deal?

"IF" McCoy proves to be the real deal?

"IF" Lerner stays out of the mix?

"IF" key injuries don't hold them back?

A lot of "IF's"

It's not exactly as if it hasn't been done before. I mean, we won 5 games last year, then assume we make it to 6-7 wins this year. It's not hard to fathom a 6-win leap gathering some good talent through free agncy + drafting right.

And every team doesn't win because they have horrible, stale offseasons. Being satisfied with 6-10 seasons isn't enough for me. And i'm not exactly the biggest Mangini supporter, but he's progressing as a coach the same way our team is progressing. Take that for what it's worth.

Power rankings are truly irrelevent. What is truly irrelevant, Gipper, is pretty much anything you type.

OK, so, you want to be a typical ignorant Steeler asshole. Why don't you just declare yourself?

They are just a reflection of record. Really? So, there is never a higher ranked team with a worse record or vice-versa?

On some irrelevent power ranking that some douchebags prepare whether they are Joe Blow or ESPN, sure, there may be.

One guy posted the so called "Official Power Rankings" and had the Cowboys "ranked" higher than 4-5 teams with winning records.

IF the Browns had not blown a couple of those games by allowing the big turnover there record may have been like 4-3 and not 2-5 and their "power ranking" would certainly be comparatively improved.

If your aunt had balls, she'd be your uncle. And if you had any self respect you would throw away your keyboard!

OK, again, another declaration on Stone's part stating that he is a dickhead. Keep it up.

Conversely, the Steeler are a plus 8 in turnover ratio.....which gives them whatever "power" they have. So now the power rankings are purely a representation of turnover ratio?.....which is it there Gipper, turnover ratio or record?

Partly, yes. TO ratio goes a long way to determing victory or loss, so yes, TO ratio is a critical factor in "power ranking"

How is contending in every game against winning teams, Steelers/Bucs/Chiefs/Ravens/Falcons (all possible playoff teams at this point) and beating the Bengals and Saints not a decent at best team? Leading in 4 of those losses in the 4th quarter......

YEAH, We're "below average", only in numb nutts Steeler internet forum trolls opinion.

Your slanted viewpoint of the Browns does not allow it to be possible in your mind Stone.

I agree that we are improving and playing better football, but I cannot stand the (we are contending and playing decent in every game crap), that doesn't fly in the NFL you win by 1 or lose by 1 it is is what it is, this is not college football. Hell the Bills played the Dolphins, Pats and Ravens extremely tough, guess what they still suck. Leave the moral victory games out of the topic.

Archived