THE BROWNS BOARD

Seneca Wallace Wants "One Browns QB".

TheClevelandSound

I am not saying that wallace was wrong but when I read this i did think that Wallace needs to shut the F up. He is on a team and needs to be a team player. We really do not need a player on this team who calls out the coach. We have made sooooo much progress getting players who have character and who play hard all the time, We dont need this kind of distraction from our BACK UP qb.

McCoy needs to continue to be our guy moving forward, and Wallace needs to shut up and be ready when he is called.

Wait until Jake gets back from his injury, jeeesh! I dont ever want to see him behind the center again until he gets done with his group therapy sessions that he has with DA and Charlie Frye

Aha don't forget about Brady Quinn for that list.

Seneca cant throw down the sidelines, So if we cant make our man to man throws down the sidelines... how are we going to win? With that said, it wasn't like he missed 1 or 2 down the lines, probably ABOVE 15-20 times, and 75% of those were crucial moments on 3rd down!!! HES NOT TALL ENOUGH... granted Colt is only a few more taller than him, but Colt doesn't have ACCURACY PROBLEMS!

Seriously, and that trade talk about McCoy is FUTILE, I wouldn't possibly want to trade a natural born winner like McCoy he will Pan out to be the leader of this once Franchise(What is his all time record). NONSENSE!

I figured this PD article fit in here.

The Colt McCoy campaign isn't a winner (right now) for the Cleveland Browns

Published: Sunday, October 31, 2010, 5:39 PM Updated: Sunday, October 31, 2010, 5:40 PM

Bud Shaw, The Plain Dealer

CLEVELAND, Ohio -- The old saying that no one is more popular than the backup quarterback doesn't apply to this town.

In Cleveland in 2010, no one is more popular than the backup to the backup quarterback.

It may just be the incessant procession of campaign ads leaving me dazed and confused, but I believe in the last week Colt McCoy has become the people's choice for Senate, Congress, Attorney General and Browns' starting quarterback.

Look, applaud him. McCoy deserves it. Be excited about his future.

Just don't tell me on Nov. 1, coming off a win over the defending Super Bowl champs, that this Browns' season is suddenly secondary to Colt McCoy's development.

Haven't we been here before?

He has shown accuracy. He has shown poise in two of the toughest places to play, Pittsburgh and New Orleans. If Jake Delhomme or Seneca Wallace is ready to play and it's my call, I show McCoy the sideline and tell him to stay ready.

My best guess is that Eric Mangini will do just that. Not because he needs to win to keep his job. Because he's the coach of a team that clearly thinks it's better than its record, having been in every game in the fourth quarter.

You don't send the message coming off the greatest high of the season that November and December will now be dedicated to "finding out" about a rookie quarterback.

The season wasn't about McCoy when it started. In fact, he wasn't going to play at all. So based on two games, one against the Saints in which he was limited to a custodial role, he's got to take every snap the rest of the season? Makes no sense.

Two things I'm not sure I've ever seen before:

1) A groundswell for a rookie quarterback coming off a 74-yard passing performance.

2) A town so starved for a winner so seemingly willing to delay its gratification yet again.

If the Browns believe he gives them the best chance in 2010, they should play him. That's the only reason to play him. It's just difficult to imagine how they can think that's the case.

Does Mike Holmgren have to know about McCoy this season so he can decide whether to pursue a franchise quarterback at the top of next year's draft? Holmgren's past is not exactly littered with quarterbacks taken at the top of the draft anyway, and he's done well enough crafting potent offenses.

The Browns were more than willing to go into next year's draft without a shred of 2010 information on McCoy. Sitting him the whole season was the plan. Why should it be different now? Because McCoy conducted himself well in Pittsburgh and New Orleans?

All these lost years after the Browns' rebirth in 1999, the team hasn't found a quarterback. I get that. It also hasn't done much winning. In the past couple of seasons, it's set offensive football back a half century.

The idea behind getting Jake Delhomme and Seneca Wallace is still valid. This offense has a long way to go in its evolutionary process. They were judged more capable of directing that growth than Derek Anderson and Brady Quinn, let alone a third-round rookie draft pick.

The only reason to change the opinion on that is injury. Delhomme still appears hurt. If Wallace is healthy, he should start against New England.

The Browns should believe they can build on the New Orleans game and keep winning.

My guess is Eric Mangini approves this message.

Archived