THE BROWNS BOARD

Titans Claim Moss

1 more season

The Titans have a coach that should keep Moss in line and are hurting at WR. Good fit in my opinion.

No coach will keep Moss in line if Moss doesn't want to be kept in line. That said, I think Moss will tow the line for Jeff Fisher because he want to have respect for him and because he may think the Tits have a good chance to win, and he may like having Vince Young as his QB. I think it helps the Titans a lot.....if Moss is the Moss that has the talent, and not the boorish Moss that he can be.

You can only say this though about this whole situation: A rolling Moss gathers no stone.

(someone had to say it, might as well be me)

you would think that a player would respect fischer, but moss isn't like 'every' player. he and people like T.O. are worlds apart from 'everyone' else in how they think. yeah, he'll respect him until he's not getting the ball or the offensive play-calling doesn't 80% revolve around him. BTW who cares about the titans. F them too!

If the titans did truly claim him that means what, 9 or 10 teams passed on him? Wow! Wonder if Collins will start at QB for the tits now seeing as how they played together in Oakland and Collins can stretch the field more than Young.

If the titans did truly claim him that means what, 9 or 10 teams passed on him? Wow! Wonder if Collins will start at QB for the tits now seeing as how they played together in Oakland and Collins can stretch the field more than Young.

Actually 31 teams passed on him. The Titans were the only ones to put in a claim. Thus they are the only ones to be entitled to obtain his "talents".

Unlike Shawn Merriman who was claimed by 3 teams. The Bills were awarded his rights because they have the worst record. (I believe also the Bucs and Dolphins put in claims).

Chris Carter just had an GREAT take on Moss on Mike and Mike.

He said Randy has very little respect for male authority figures. Moss is 33 now on his 5 NFL team (not to mention the college team he was with) That lack of respect is upbringing most likely not gonna change now. Good luck to Fischer but I think the Browns made the right decision passing along with 31 other teams.

I honestly think this was a great move for the Titans i mean how can you bring up a saftey to play 8 i the box and worry about Moss over the top it just means more running lanes for Chris Johnson then you get kenny britt back on the other side whos a beast, not to mention with Young if Moss causes alot of the defense to drop back into deep coverage Young will have alot more room to scramble defentily a potent offense

I honestly think this was a great move for the Titans i mean how can you bring up a saftey to play 8 i the box and worry about Moss over the top it just means more running lanes for Chris Johnson then you get kenny britt back on the other side whos a beast, not to mention with Young if Moss causes alot of the defense to drop back into deep coverage Young will have alot more room to scramble defentily a potent offense

young is worse than quinn when throwing the deep ball. get off the titan's bandwagon already........fischer is gonna wish that he never brought this parasite into his locker room. i'll guarantee it.

young is worse than quinn when throwing the deep ball. get off the titan's bandwagon already........fischer is gonna wish that he never brought this parasite into his locker room. i'll guarantee it.

Okay he may be bad at throwing the deep ball but have you seen some of the throws he made to kenny britt the past two weeks they were great throws, and know im not on there bandwagon im telling you what i think its going to do to opposing defenses so if u wana check back in 6 weeks and tell me im wrong then you can but i believe that it will only make there offensive more explosive and harder to stop and now there at least in contention with the Colts and Texans, Let him be a parasite in the locker room people win with different personalities he had no problems in New England so ill guarantee it to you that he greatly improves there offense

I think it is a great move by my second team, it there is such thing as a second team.

First, the Titans have a good core of veterans...Moss isn't going to be a cancer.

He is going to demand double coverage which is going to help Kenny Britt....a emerging star of his own.

He is going to hep the 2 headed QB combo of Collins Young.

There really isn't a downside. He joins a team that can win now but needed a deep threat to compliment Britt. He is playing for the veteran minimum. He didn't cost anything other than clearing a roster spot.

If he acts up or doesn't hustle, you cut him and are out nothing.

I think it is a great move by my second team, it there is such thing as a second team.

First, the Titans have a good core of veterans...Moss isn't going to be a cancer.

He is going to demand double coverage which is going to help Kenny Britt....a emerging star of his own.

He is going to hep the 2 headed QB combo of Collins Young.

There really isn't a downside. He joins a team that can win now but needed a deep threat to compliment Britt. He is playing for the veteran minimum. He didn't cost anything other than clearing a roster spot.

If he acts up or doesn't hustle, you cut him and are out nothing.

Well said! The Titans will not regret this decision. And I still say that playing for Jeff Fisher is much much different then playing for that idiot of a coach that they have up in Minnesota. If anybody here has had a great smart boss at one place and an idiot boss at another tell me it doesn't make a difference. You still want to do your job well but damn it is tough sometimes to do it knowing that no matter how hard you may work the boss will find a way to screw it up.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d81bd...le=HP_headlines

MINNEAPOLIS -- A restaurant whose food was sharply criticized by Randy Moss is giving the former Minnesota Vikings receiver something to chew on.

Tinucci's in suburban Newport will offer free lunches Friday to the first 50 people who come to turn in their Moss jerseys. For everyone else, the lunch buffet will be marked down to $8.40, a takeoff on the receiver's No. 84 jersey, co-owner Gus Tinucci said Thursday.

Tinucci said he was catering lunch for the players at the Vikings' practice facility last Friday when Moss entered the locker room and looked at the buffet line.

"Randy came up to the table and said, 'Who ordered this (expletive) stuff? I wouldn't feed it this to my (expletive) dog,"' Tinucci recalled. He said the locker room went quiet and somebody told Moss to shut up. "We didn't see him again. He didn't eat and that was the end of it."

Moss's agent, Joel Segal, did not return a phone call seeking comment Thursday. Tinucci said he got an apology this week from a member of the Wilf family, which owns the Vikings.

The idea for the jersey turn-in came from local sports talk station KSTP-AM, which is a customer of the Tinucci family's catering business and will broadcast live from Friday's event, he said.

Tinucci is laughing off the disrespect from Moss, given the source. Vikings coach Brad Childress cut Moss on Monday, less than a month into his second stint in Minnesota. The Vikings lost three of the four games in which he played, and his cause wasn't helped by his locker room behavior or postgame complaining Sunday.

The buffet incident has provided plenty of fodder for newspaper columns, talk radio and sports bloggers all week.

Tinucci's also got a thumbs up Wednesday from quarterback Brett Favre.

"I was sitting in my locker eating the food" when Moss complained, Favre told reporters. He added: "I thought it was pretty good."

The jerseys will be donated to the Boys & Girls Clubs in Nashville. The Tennessee Titans claimed Moss off the waiver wire Wednesday. The Tinucci family will also donate $500 to the Boys & Girls Clubs of St. Paul, and will ask Friday's patrons for donations, too.

The food? It will be what Tinucci served the Vikings, including chicken, ribs and beef.

Copyright 2010 by The Associated Press

Amusing article, I'm glad people can still have fun and take things in stride.

Archived