THE BROWNS BOARD

Vickers

cribbs is the man

For as much love as we're giving (and rightfully so) Peyton Hillis and our offensive line, lets give it up for our stud fullback Lawrence Vickers. Every highlight video of Hillis shows Vickers blowing up a hole or getting a key block to set Hillis loose. This guy doesnt get enough credit for our running game, and he really deserves it I think. This is a guy whoh got kinda screwed with free agency last year, I hope we dont underrate him again and let him move on from being a Brown

For as much love as we're giving (and rightfully so) Peyton Hillis and our offensive line, lets give it up for our stud fullback Lawrence Vickers. Every highlight video of Hillis shows Vickers blowing up a hole or getting a key block to set Hillis loose. This guy doesnt get enough credit for our running game, and he really deserves it I think. This is a guy whoh got kinda screwed with free agency last year, I hope we dont underrate him again and let him move on from being a Brown

He will be in the Pro Bowl this year, for sure.

This guy doesnt get enough credit for our running game

I would have to disagree, I hear alot of Vickers praise and its definitely well deserved. This guy is a beast just like Peyton, and he LOVES TO BLOCK! At the pats game my section kept bringing up Vickers, saying things like "how would you like to have him coming at you?!" The Vickers/Hillis combo is something I have been longing for for a very long time.

i like Vickers play so no one take this the wrong way, but Vick and Royal often telegraph the running play. Hillis runs away from them as much as he follows them, unlike JLew. Vick had a hand in breaking Hillis free on his big runs but he's still only one man blocking one opponent. the run game would survive without him. Steinbach pulling deserves waaaay more credit this year imo.

i like Vickers play so no one take this the wrong way, but Vick and Royal often telegraph the running play. Hillis runs away from them as much as he follows them, unlike JLew. Vick had a hand in breaking Hillis free on his big runs but he's still only one man blocking one opponent. the run game would survive without him. Steinbach pulling deserves waaaay more credit this year imo.

Yeah that's true but he does have to make the right reads and sustain the blocks long enough for Hillis to get by.

I agree with the Steinbach comment. I notice on the game winning play Steinbach sealing off that guy for Hillis to break the long one.

Archived