THE BROWNS BOARD

Sam Rutigliano on WKNR

Seanthomas

Listening to Sam Rutigliano on WKNR this morning. He said "Mangini needs to quit with the Belichek act, because Colt McCoy is your QB for the next 10 years."

During the Jets game, when we were down 20-13 with 3 minutes or so left. I said "this is where Colt Mccoy becomes a legend or just another QB." I'm sure many of you were thinking the same thing. He gave us the chance to win that game at the end. Too bad the browns couldn't capitalize.

Listening to Sam Rutigliano on WKNR this morning. He said "Mangini needs to quit with the Belichek act, because Colt McCoy is your QB for the next 10 years."

During the Jets game, when we were down 20-13 with 3 minutes or so left. I said "this is where Colt Mccoy becomes a legend or just another QB." I'm sure many of you were thinking the same thing. He gave us the chance to win that game at the end. Too bad the browns couldn't capitalize.

I think he's right. I always like Sam he was the coach when I was old enough to really start following the Browns closely. I guy I work with played for him at Liberty and he has nothing but great things to say about him.

I think he's right. I always like Sam he was the coach when I was old enough to really start following the Browns closely. I guy I work with played for him at Liberty and he has nothing but great things to say about him.

He may be right but he needs to mind his own business. We don't know the dynamics of what's going on behind closed doors. My personal thought is that the injuries have been a convenient excuse to avoid the topic of who the starter is going forward; it also affords Mangini (and Colt) one obvious comfort: Mangini is keeping the media fixated on him instead of the rookie. There's enough pressure on the kid already. I think it's a pretty smart move to absorb or quiet some of the frenzy.

He may be right but he needs to mind his own business. We don't know the dynamics of what's going on behind closed doors. My personal thought is that the injuries have been a convenient excuse to avoid the topic of who the starter is going forward; it also affords Mangini (and Colt) one obvious comfort: Mangini is keeping the media fixated on him instead of the rookie. There's enough pressure on the kid already. I think it's a pretty smart move to absorb or quiet some of the frenzy.

This. I think he's come out and said that he doesn't want to add the pressure that would come if he were annointed QBOF. Can you imaging what you put him through if he plays a few bad games and lets the whole damn city down? I think Mangini's actually pretty wise here. It's not about fooling anyone, it's about giving the kid a chance to take it one game at a time.

Colt's playing..I agree with you're point Earl34..Listen the press needs something to piss and moan about and Mangini proves he can handle all that BS..Lets Colt focus on the game and NOT have to answer inane,lame,repetitive questions from Mary Kay,Tony, etc..etc.

Oh and Sam R is quite irrelevent and trying to keep a foot in the spotlight..You're time has come and long gone Sam..moving forward......

I really dont like the mangini/belichick games but hey mangini will eventually figure out that everyone already knows!

Besides shedding the whole belichick skin all at once is hard to do when you have discovered your more yoda than darth vader and he now has to battle his own dark force! hehehehe..

thumbnailaspx.jpgYoda_.jpg

I love listening to Sam.... he has every right, and it's his job, to comment. The fact that he is that high on

McCoy speaks volumes.

BTW, the pressure doesn't hurt McCoy, he's WIRED to be the guy, and have fun doing it.

Archived