THE BROWNS BOARD

Evan Moore

maddogg7888

Might be the understatement of the decade to say you are NOT alone. I've been trumpeting this kid since his breakout last year with Quinn. He has great size, a knack for getting open, tremendous tracking skills, and amazing hands.

He's not fast. Whatever. Let someone else be fast (A.J. Green or Ryan Broyles come to mind).

Moore had three catches yesterday at his usual (stunning) average, about 22 a catch. Guess how many times he was targeted?

That's right: three. It just seems like whenever we throw to the guy, it's a completion. So maybe try targeting him 7 times a game? Dar?

It's another reason Daboll is gone.

He stole the ball from the "best" corner int he league last week at the Jets. The ball was hung in the air and he ripped it from Revis.

Doesn't matter if he's covered, if it's remotely catchable, he usually comes down with it.

It's strange, we see how good he is as fans, but the coaches can't get him the ball. Is there something we're missing?

there might be a mismatch against a LB or average safety, but put a good corner on him and he's probably neutralized. the coaches aren't dumb.

They're dumb to not throw the ball to Moore... more. If Daboll were above reproach, we'd be 7-3 instead of 3-7. He's dancing on the razor's edge of employment.

They're dumb to not throw the ball to Moore... more. If Daboll were above reproach, we'd be 7-3 instead of 3-7. He's dancing on the razor's edge of employment.

What baffled Me was Dumboll not playing to Colts strength and running more Right Sprint Option off Play Action and moving the pocket...Its a basic play employed in most offenses I.E. WCO

Every time the Browns Throw the ball to Evan Moore Good things happen. With Brian Robiske not doing anything at WR, Why don't the Browns play Evan Moore in place of him. Robiske never gets open and when the ball is thrown to him he usually drops it. I realize Moore is a TE but he played WR in College and he obviosly has great hands and can out muscle opposing CB.

I think it's his position on the depth chart and the plays. He usually isn't the first or second read for Colt. For one of his catches he was wide open and waving for Colt to throw it to him.

He has proven he should be a staple of this offense. We need to use him.

I think it's his position on the depth chart and the plays. He usually isn't the first or second read for Colt. For one of his catches he was wide open and waving for Colt to throw it to him.

He has proven he should be a staple of this offense. We need to use him.

That's what I'm saying: He needs to be targeted. It doesn't really seem to matter if he's open. Remember a couple weeks ago, early in the game, on the right sideline, where Colts just threw it up and a standing-still Moore caught it like the cover guy was an annoying little brother? Or the time he muscled Revis, who was all over him?

He makes catches, open or blanketed. As an OC, you'd have to be blind and stupid to not at least TRY to target the guy 7 or 8 times a game.

And the depth chart? It's not a controlling force or anything. Daboll can't say, "I'd like to get him more plays, but my hands are tied because of the depth chart."

Am I the only one that thinks Evan Moore is severely underused? He creates huge mismatches with his size and never drops a thing, why doesnt he get more than 1 or 2 passes a game?

I took notice of him last year with some tough catches he made. Put him out there more and at least 5 to 8 touches per game. You would think some plays with him and Watson together would be some good yardage. Hope they don't let him go for any reason he's got a future here if our OC don't screw him up.

That's what I'm saying: He needs to be targeted. It doesn't really seem to matter if he's open. Remember a couple weeks ago, early in the game, on the right sideline, where Colts just threw it up and a standing-still Moore caught it like the cover guy was an annoying little brother? Or the time he muscled Revis, who was all over him?

He makes catches, open or blanketed. As an OC, you'd have to be blind and stupid to not at least TRY to target the guy 7 or 8 times a game.

And the depth chart? It's not a controlling force or anything. Daboll can't say, "I'd like to get him more plays, but my hands are tied because of the depth chart."

i won't deny he has some solid hands, although the right sideline pass where he was waving to Colt should have been plucked at it's highest point instead of the body catch he made. if it were Revis covering on that play he would have defended that ball.

i know he looks good to us in limited production but there must be something the coaches see we don't. it may also be part of the reason he was on the streets when we picked him up last year. but i agree, there is potential there.

i won't deny he has some solid hands, although the right sideline pass where he was waving to Colt should have been plucked at it's highest point instead of the body catch he made. if it were Revis covering on that play he would have defended that ball.

i know he looks good to us in limited production but there must be something the coaches see we don't. it may also be part of the reason he was on the streets when we picked him up last year. but i agree, there is potential there.

He was available last year, but he was an undrafted free agent that the Packers picked up and they were the ones who switched him from WR to TE. He ended up breaking his hand in the preseason, but he kept trying to play with a club cast on. He ended up getting dropped just because he was injured.

Josh McDaniels didn't see much in Hillis and look at what he's done for us. Most of the time, you're right, we as fans don't see everything. But as far as I'm concerned, I've seen enough of his making an impact that he should be used more.

There has been one maybe two times that's i've seen him drop a ball that he should have caught. More often than not i've seen him make great catches and even from badly thrown balls. I don't care what the coaches are seeing, the guy produces and they're idiots for not using him more.

An OBR insider just wrote that the Browns are well aware that they have an under utilized talent on their hands and they plan to get him the ball more over these last six games.

Gee, I knew that after one game last year. I think most of us did. He's a unique matchup problem at 6'6" and 250 with the route running and hands of a WR. He's a gift. You have to identify that and use it. This is exactly where I don't understand Daboll. He also should be finding more plays to get Carlton Mitchell downfield and at least find out what the kid has when the lights are on. It's not like we really have anybody who's keeping him on the bench... except the staff.

The right side of the line and the WRs were a mess on Sunday. We need to get Womack back and hope Lauvao is better than he played, because he and St. Clair were a HUGE downgrade from Yates and Womack.

An OBR insider just wrote that the Browns are well aware that they have an under utilized talent on their hands and they plan to get him the ball more over these last four games.

Gee, I knew that after one game last year. I think most of us did. He's a unique matchup problem at 6'6" and 250 with the route running and hands of a WR. He's a gift. You have to identify that and use it. This is exactly where I don't understand Daboll. He also should be finding more plays to get Carlton Mitchell downfield and at least find out what the kid has when the lights are on. It's not like we really have anybody who's keeping him on the bench... except the staff.

The right side of the line and the WRs were a mess on Sunday. We need to get Womack back and hope Lauvao is better than he played, because he and St. Clair were a HUGE downgrade from Yates and Womack.

100% agree about Mitchell. They let him come out to block and that's it.

I don't understand the role of Evan Moore on this team. He, obviously, has great hands and seems to get open. As much as I like Ben Watson, I feel Moore is a star in waiting.

Mangini's getting the question enough that he sounds vaguely perturbed by it... but I don't quite buy the answer. He basically said McCoy goes to who is open... so Moore is only "open" at the end of games for one big play? Actually, some of the best completions to him the past few games have been when he had one-on-one and just outmuscled the defender. Or outsized him or got position, etc.

I don't think there's a logical answer to the question other than, "Yeah, we need to get him the ball more." Which is what the OBR insider was told.

there might be a mismatch against a LB or average safety, but put a good corner on him and he's probably neutralized. the coaches aren't dumb.

Say that about Austin Collie, Wes Welker.. Anyone remember Brian Brennan.. Guy was our clutch 3rd down receiver... Never wore gloves, even on the coldest day, and never dropped a ball... (well almost never) A very well run route and a well timed pass will be a DB.

I've said it before, our QB's have got to throw the ball... You have to throw the ball and you have to catch it.. if you don't throw it.. you can't catch it. Not every thrown ball is going to be perfect and a WR isn't always going to leave his DB in the dust... You sometimes have to throw it up and let the WR make a play.. and right now.. I think our passing game is not taking enough chances and letting the WR's make plays...

Archived