THE BROWNS BOARD

Manigini Fired

tampadawgs

Here's the story guys.

Browns to Fire Eric Mangini?

Personally, I believe that 3-6 is a good to average record for the Browns, compared to recent years. They have beaten two elite NFL teams (New Orleans and New England) and a division foe in the Cincinnati Bengals. There has been an amount of controversy of the situational play-calling, but that duty belongs to the Offensive Coordinator, not the Head Coach. I hope this rumor is false because the Browns still have a lot of football to be played this season and could very well finish up at 8-8 or 7-9, nothing to be ashamed of.

I don't believe it either. It would, however not surprise me. If you're not going to keep Mangini around then why let him coach the rest of the season.

This excerpt does seem to be accurate:

The rumor states that Mike Holmgren is extremely displeased with the way the team responded to two marquee wins and he’s disgusted with the coaching. I would find it hard to believe that Holmgren isn’t extremely disappointed in the coaching and overall performance yesterday, but I’ll be shocked if Mangini is fired today.

If Mangini is fired I say boo on Holmgren...Although Im a Holmgren fan but atleast let the season play out...but I say BS at this point.

Here's the story guys.

Browns to Fire Eric Mangini?

Personally, I believe that 3-6 is a good to average record for the Browns, compared to recent years. They have beaten two elite NFL teams (New Orleans and New England) and a division foe in the Cincinnati Bengals. There has been an amount of controversy of the situational play-calling, but that duty belongs to the Offensive Coordinator, not the Head Coach. I hope this rumor is false because the Browns still have a lot of football to be played this season and could very well finish up at 8-8 or 7-9, nothing to be ashamed of.

Holmgren would have to be an idiot to fire Mangini, at this point. I don't care if he coaches.....if he brings Gruden in....whatever. He's still an idiot if he fires Mangini. We don't need any more coaching changes for a while....except maybe Daboll.

Reghi just now mentioned there are rumors of something about to go down at Browns camp. He is trying to get Goldhammer on the phone to see if there are any details. Perhaps, something is about to shake down, and it may be Daboll getting tossed??? Hmmm. I just can't see Holmgren firing Mangini at the halfway point when A) we've won more games than at this time last year, and... B) the team overall has improved a lot since last year, is watchable, and they aren't getting blown out.

If this rumor were true, it would be because the Childress firing opened up Gruden and forced Holmgren to take him now.

However, this rumor is almost certainly untrue.

it is most likely untrue, but that is a good point, i didn't even consider that. But Gruden isn't taking over in Minneapolis, one of the Vikes coaches named Frazier i.

umm may I ask why? Holmgren took Seattle too a Super Bowl with a less than super team. They had Tim Hasselbeck and Shaun Alexander. That's just about it.

his name is "Matt" Hasselbeck

Wait... we want to keep Mangini but keep Mike Holmgren away from the field?

Uhhhh.... okay?

What's Mangini's playoff record again?

I dont think he has a playoff record LOL!

Archived