THE BROWNS BOARD

Manigini Fired

tampadawgs

Exactly.

Give me some of those overrated Super Bowl coaches. Not the underrated ones with no playoff games. Sounds like "overrated" means you won.

wow, fans of the same team can disagree. imagine that. maybe if you weren't so busy worrying about busting up this team and finding our coaches replacements you'd realize that they actually are playing good footbal under the staff we already have. imagine if everyone else who has a job would live under your stringent guidelines. they couldn't print unemployment checks fast enough.

give these guys a chance already. we know what changeover in staff brings, why not give continuity a chance?

I do not want to see EM get fired, but we are 3-7 and there is no way we should have lost the last two games....

I know this team plays hard, but do they play hard for Mangini our do they play hard for Rob Ryan????

our OC is a Retard, when our ROOKIE QB says we need to change the plays, thats a problem.....

For what it's worth? I don't really care. We're 5-11 and 3-7 under Mangini. He's fireable. New regimes go to the playoffs in year one all the time. There isn't necessarily some kind of drop off that goes with that move. Often it's quite the opposite. Dallas seems to have done the right thing, for instance. The Jets, Ravens, and Falcons all got better.

wow, fans of the same team can disagree. imagine that. maybe if you weren't so busy worrying about busting up this team and finding our coaches replacements you'd realize that they actually are playing good footbal under the staff we already have. imagine if everyone else who has a job would live under your stringent guidelines. they couldn't print unemployment checks fast enough.

give these guys a chance already. we know what changeover in staff brings, why not give continuity a chance?

Perfectly stated!...At least in MY opinion.

I just came from Calfoxwc's where we discussed EXACTLY what you posted. I even made the point that you made about our own jobs. Constant turnover, despite some folk's opinions, is NOT conducive to success.

Mike

Mangini ain't going anywhere. He will be here through this year, and next year at least. Holmgren is getting to old to want to be a head coach anymore. And who in their right mind want's Gruden? No thanks. Cowher if he goes anywhere will be to Carolina where he lives.

I do not want to see EM get fired, but we are 3-7 and there is no way we should have lost the last two games....

I know this team plays hard, but do they play hard for Mangini our do they play hard for Rob Ryan????

our OC is a Retard, when our ROOKIE QB says we need to change the plays, thats a problem.....

We lack elite talent across the board. If the ball bounces in our favor one extra time per game this season we could be 8-2. There's no denying the team chemistry and coaching, but the top tier talent just isn't there to finish the job.

Update: Nothing to see here. It appears that all the speculation that started with Colin Cowherd was for nothing. The Browns didn’t do anything except move their press conference back. I am relieved. I am relieved that given the opportunity to act completely dysfunctionally, it didn’t happen in Berea this time. There are ways to handle your business and I don’t think firing people in the middle of the season (except in extreme examples: Wade Phillips) makes any sense what-so-ever. We will have more on this tomorrow, but as of now, nothing happened. Waiting to find out how healthy Colt McCoy is and we now know that Jake Delhomme and Seneca Wallace are both completely healthy. (End update.)

The Internet is abuzz with rumor and speculation right now. Eric Mangini’s press conference was allegedly rescheduled from 10:30 AM to 3:00 PM. Then it was changed again from 3:00 PM to 4:00 PM. Colin Cowherd’s name has been bandied about as someone who fueled further speculation that there could be major shakeups in Berea today. So now we are left to wait and wonder. I have tried my best to get to the bottom of it, but there is no clarity anywhere right now if anything is or is not actually happening today.

Some seem to think that today is the day that Brian Daboll gets his walking papers. Others seem to think that Mangini is a goner and that Rob Ryan or Mike Holmgren will take the reigns immediately. One gentleman on Twitter who goes by the name of _Believeland joked that the Browns are going to announce Jim Brown’s triumphant return to the ring of honor and advisor status. I am still skeptical that anything major is going to happen today, but these are the Browns. Predicting the unpredictable is always a good bet, I guess.

I am additionally skeptical that anything should happen today. I had a tough time with yesterday’s loss too. I think there is a finger of partial blame pointed at Daboll and the Browns’ offensive staff as I said yesterday. Still, I can’t imagine that much positive can be accomplished by making major organizational changes right this very second as the Browns are prepping to finish out their season.

We will have to wait and see. In the meantime, do you think anyone should be fired today? I still vote no. This just seems so strange considering how well the Browns were playing before injuries took hold against the Jets.

Holmgren promised a season to evaluate mangini and i dont see holmgren as a guy who is going to back off his word, even if mangini was getting blown out game after game he still gets the whole season regardless of where he stands with the upper management...

I still dont see any available coaches that would be better than mangini , smarter? yes Better? no..

If anything changes Daboll get's fired and they bring in a new O Coordinator, and maybe the coordinator is actually Holgrem.

more like Gil Haskell, which i'd be okay with. it also puts him in position to be promoted to head coach should EM totally self-destruct.

an EM team with Ryan and Haskell at the calls could be a pretty good thing.

and eff Gruden! his system is too complex and not a fit in CLE. and he doesn't carry the same core characteristics as EM, it would be a complete teardown/rebuild. no effing way!!

I want to draw people's attention to the end of the season. I don't see Mangini getting fired then either. Romeo and Mangini are both under contract next season and I don't see us payig three head coaches in the same season. It's just not going to happen.

We lack elite talent across the board. If the ball bounces in our favor one extra time per game this season we could be 8-2. There's no denying the team chemistry and coaching, but the top tier talent just isn't there to finish the job.

I agree, we just dont have enough playmakers on offense.

Keep Mangini! Steelers fans like his leadership guiding the Browns in the basement of the AFC.

What is the Browns playoff record under Mangini? LOL

Had you observed, the Bengals are in the basement and we are not. And given our talent level the fact that we are not is an indication of how we are heading in the right direction. It would make logical sense to an average football guy but unfortunately you are a ........ :wacko:

Had you observed, the Bengals are in the basement and we are not. And given our talent level the fact that we are not is an indication of how we are heading in the right direction. It would make logical sense to an average football guy but unfortunately you are a ........ :wacko:

Could you imagine what the Browns could do with the talent the Bengals have at WR instead of what they do have?

Well if Cowturd started the rumor, consider the source. The guy is a class A jerk & a pot stirrer to boot. I say ditto the the BS rumor.

Maybe the presser got pushed back because they want to give an injury update- and BTW I haven't seen two sentences anywhere about what happened to Eric Wright.

If anyone's going to get canned it's going to be Daboll. Holmggren should be upset about the lousy play calling in the second half against the Jags. We saw what happened on the last drive when they HAD to take the chains off of Colt and let him throw it downfield.

Archived