THE BROWNS BOARD

Colt McCoy's Injury Status

Bodogjoe

Not sure if this has been posted here yet, But just read this article. I would not wanna risk long term injury and think its best he sit for now.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/525172-...th-ankle-sprain

http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/...lt_mccoy_1.html

BEREA -- Yes, Colt McCoy has the dreaded ankle sprain.

In a rare admission for him, coach Eric Mangini confirmed that the Browns' rookie quarterback suffered the same injury in Jacksonville Sunday as fellow QBs Jake Delhomme and Seneca Wallace had previously.

"It's different than the ones (Delhomme and Wallace) had, but it's in that same category, yeah," Mangini said.

Delhomme and Wallace's injuries proved to be in the four-to-six week category. Mangini said he's optimistic McCoy won't be out that long, but the history of the team's high ankle ailments "tempers" his optimism.

A six-week injury would keep McCoy out until the last game against Pittsburgh.

Mangini said that Delhomme is ready to start and the coach "is leaning" to starting him over Wallace because of Delhomme's familiarity with the Carolina Panthers, his former team.

Delhomme has not started a game since the season opener Sept. 12 in Tampa.

Not sure if this has been posted here yet, But just read this article. I would not wanna risk long term injury and think its best he sit for now.

I think we can win any of our next few games with any of our quarterbacks, but it'll be a real shame if Colt isn't playing more because we all want to continue to see him grow as a QB and gain valuable experieince for next year.

Zombo

I think we can win any of our next few games with any of our quarterbacks, but it'll be a real shame if Colt isn't playing more because we all want to continue to see him grow as a QB and gain valuable experieince for next year.

Zombo

Yea, its a shame. Hes been progressing so well. Hopefully this doesnt set him back to much. But I think he has the mental aspect of the NFL down.

imho we need to have him play in a couple of bad weather games this year if at all possible. If he can throw when the snow is flying and the ball is wet/cold we can pass on a QB. It is a little risky to assume he can handle the bad weather

agree 100%

Looking at the schedule after the Jets game I really wasnt to worried about how Colt would look for the next 3 game @Jacksonville, Carolina and @ Miami. The 4 game after that though I really wanted to see how he would preform because all of those games have a chance to be nasty weather games.

Fan-freekin-tastic. I can hear the draft Luck band warming up. We just started getting somewhere. Maybe he'll get back in a couple of games. I'd rather he just take care of that ankle. Come on 2011. The return of the Coltmeister.

i don't know. first off we shouldn't jump to conclusions about the injury and if it's not bad i say play him. i agree with other posters that we need to see what he can do in december lake affect weather.

What do we have to do to get shit heads like this kicked from the board. At least other steelers fans give good conversation some of the time. This guy just throws more shit in the fan.

he's the biggest turd that comes here to piss everyone off and should be flushed for good.

hey it is just football. Injuries are part of the game. If Colt can't take it he should retire.

I remember Browns fans wishing Ben died in a motorcycle accident and most recently enjoying him getting sucker punched.

It would be funny to see Colt's career over.

go away bug.

hey it is just football. Injuries are part of the game. If Colt can't take it he should retire.

I remember Browns fans wishing Ben died in a motorcycle accident and most recently enjoying him getting sucker punched.

It would be funny to see Colt's career over.

Bens injuries were a result of him being a xxxxtard. Which is why he fits perfectly in Pittsburgh. Big dumb motorcycle driving rapist. Please go away. Go take a ride with Ben on his bike. Maybe get a tandem bike and let the aids blow thru your hair.

There are 2 ways to look at this:

First Point of View: Shit, our young stud is possible out for the year. In this case, he will be losing valuable experience and playing time.

Second Point of View: This obviously isn't the preferable situation, but in this case, it is beneficial to have another quarterback that understands the offense and knows how to run the show if a situation like this arises.

Obviously, this is not ideal, but they will do what's best for Colt.

Bens injuries were a result of him being a xxxxtard. Which is why he fits perfectly in Pittsburgh. Big dumb motorcycle driving rapist. Please go away. Go take a ride with Ben on his bike. Maybe get a tandem bike and let the aids blow thru your hair.

What's wrong with motorcycles?

I'm taking my tailgate talents to South Beach in two weeks, he better be playing when I get there.

What should you do?

Should you drink beer and grill brats?

Should you tailgate in Miami and not be a Browns fan?

Should you not tailgate with your friends?

They're your friends!

Should you be an away-fan villain?

Or should you just disappear?

Should you really believe you've ruined the Browns Board legacy?

What should you do?

Should you just delete the Steeler trolls from the Board and start over?

Stan, you are not a role model.

Should you be who the the Board wants you to be?

JUST DO IT!

Just another blogger with nothing to back it up- yet- this unsourced BS is getting out of hand- wasn't Mangini supposed to be fired by now according to one "source"?

What should you do?

Should you drink beer and grill brats?

Should you tailgate in Miami and not be a Browns fan?

Should you not tailgate with your friends?

They're your friends!

Should you be an away-fan villain?

Or should you just disappear?

Should you really believe you've ruined the Browns Board legacy?

What should you do?

Should you just delete the Steeler trolls from the Board and start over?

Stan, you are not a role model.

Should you be who the the Board wants you to be?

JUST DO IT!

lol, im sorry but thats some funny shit.

Since we both have no problem with injury smack, I must admit I was quite elated after James Harrison knocked out the second Cleveland Clown during the 28-10 beatdown. Some serious smashing of those ugly pumpkin helmets eh?

BTW Clownfan with the selective memory, it was your ex solja boy Cleveland Clown that was being a xxxxtard...wheelies in a parking lot :rolleyes: ... A car hit Ben while simply riding his bike.

getattachmentaspx0.jpg

LT94: isn't it time you go pick up your wife from the east side wharf? i'm sure the bukkake fest must be over by now and she might need a shower. on the other hand that's the way you like her, all covered in other men's jizz. get out your straw and get lost dick.

You guys do realize that the basis of this thread is an article in the Bleacher Report. Right?

And you do know that within ten minutes any of us could sign up for Bleacher Report and post an "article" on anything we want, without having to use our real names, without having to cite any sources, and without having to worry about one iota of accuracy or credibility.

So I wouldn't get too worried about anything that's ever "reported" on Bleacher Report if I were you.

BTW, the Bleacher Report article says, "...according to a report in the Cleveland Plain Dealer, the injury is severe enough to merit shutting the quarterback down for the year..."

The funny thing is I can't actually locate any report in the Cleveland Plain Dealer that says that. Can any of you?

Yeah. Colt is injured. Maybe he'll miss a game. I hope not but maybe he will. But I'm sure not going to fret about his future until I see a report from a reliable source.

Since we both have no problem with injury smack, I must admit I was quite elated after James Harrison knocked out the second Cleveland Clown during the 28-10 beatdown. Some serious smashing of those ugly pumpkin helmets eh?

BTW Clownfan with the selective memory, it was your ex solja boy Cleveland Clown that was being a xxxxtard...wheelies in a parking lot :rolleyes: ... A car hit Ben while simply riding his bike.

getattachmentaspx0.jpg

I am suprised Pittsburgh didnt grab Kellen Winslow. They have more douchebags then a stinky snatch convention.

Archived