THE BROWNS BOARD

Colt McCoy's Injury Status

Bodogjoe

getattachmentaspx0.jpg

that is the stupidest thing I have ever seen...I love how steelers fans don't even realize the Winslow has played for Tampa Bay for what 2 years now? But still you are trying to compare one problem player with another? The funny thing is when we have a "problem" in the locker room we get rid of them (Winslow, Edwards, Stallworth), but you guys embrace problem players (Ben, Harrison).

Funny how a person like Terry Bradshaw has gone on the record several times calling Ben a f-in idiot, and even after one of your own says this you people still defend him...

Funny how a person like Terry Bradshaw has gone on the record several times calling Ben a f-in idiot, and even after one of your own says this you people still defend him...

I'm glad you brought this up because most Pissburgh fans go on record saying they hate Terry Bradshaw.

Yes, that Terry Bradshaw who took their beloved Stoolers to the Super Bowl those many times and solidified the Stoolers in the NFL, these same fairweather fans now hate him.

Funny how the so called "Greatest Fans in the NFL" can hate a guy who brought so much success to their hometown team.

You guys do realize that the basis of this thread is an article in the Bleacher Report. Right?

And you do know that within ten minutes any of us could sign up for Bleacher Report and post an "article" on anything we want, without having to use our real names, without having to cite any sources, and without having to worry about one iota of accuracy or credibility.

So I wouldn't get too worried about anything that's ever "reported" on Bleacher Report if I were you.

BTW, the Bleacher Report article says, "...according to a report in the Cleveland Plain Dealer, the injury is severe enough to merit shutting the quarterback down for the year..."

The funny thing is I can't actually locate any report in the Cleveland Plain Dealer that says that. Can any of you?

Yeah. Colt is injured. Maybe he'll miss a game. I hope not but maybe he will. But I'm sure not going to fret about his future until I see a report from a reliable source.

Um, Did you not read this guys profile who wrote the article. I mean he worked as a PA announcer for the Western and Southern Financial Group Masters and Women's Open. Now if that dont give you credibility I dont know what does. :P

Rizzo's show on WKNR just reported McCoy has a high ankle and more than likely out 4 weeks. DAMN! What is it with this teams and the injuries every single year! I realize it's part of the game, but for cryin' out loud it seems like we have the most, and we're the most affected by them! 2 steps forward 3 steps back! It's very frustrating!

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d81c5...le=HP_headlines

How is it possible that we are so lucky to have ALL THREE OF OUR QB's GO DOWN WITH THE SAME INJURY? It's not even funny at all to me. Just when I thought that we were finally getting over the hump and something positive was happening after the last 11 years of cursed football. It's like God is sitting on his throne just laughing his ass off right now... Of course it figures a team that is just ok suddenly decides to change everything about how they play the game (jaguars) and manages to take down the only glue that held this team together this season. Well now I predict the spiral of hell to begin heading towards the offseason. This will cost several people their jobs and destroy what little bit of continuity this team has finally generated. I'm left with my head held low with a strong feeling of disgust in the pit of my stomach. Welcome back monkey I kept the spot on my back warm for you...

I think people are over-reacting a tad.

Colt sprained his ankle so he has to sit for awhile. Sprained ankles heal up 100%.

Delhomme is a veteran and will keep our progess moving forward.

I'm looking forward to home game that we will win decisively and the fans can really enjoy.

Zombo

It could always be worse. What if Colt never started a single game and all of us would still be wondering if he's any good or if he just plain sucks.

He got to start a few games and I know ill feel comfortable with him leading the offense next season. Espically with a few starts under his belt. Let him heal, work out, and come back next season to tear it up.

If he's this good now just imagine how good he will be once he actually gets some reps with the starters in camp and we get a legit #1 WR.

I think people are over-reacting a tad.

Colt sprained his ankle so he has to sit for awhile. Sprained ankles heal up 100%.

Delhomme is a veteran and will keep our progess moving forward.

I'm looking forward to home game that we will win decisively and the fans can really enjoy.

Zombo

Right- there's various degrees of sprains- and let's hope Colts is less severe than Jake's or Seneca's. He could be back in a week or two.

http://www.profootballweekly.com/2010/11/2...to-start-sunday

Browns QB Jake Delhomme will likely start Sunday vs. Carolina, his former team, head coach Eric Mangini indicated Wednesday.

According to reports, Mangini said that rookie QB Colt McCoy, who has started the last five games, suffered a high-ankle sprain Sunday at Jacksonville. McCoy is not practicing Wednesday. Mangini, according to The (Cleveland) Plain Dealer, said the Browns' recent experience with such injuries "tempers" his hopes that the promising rookie passer won't be out awhile — Delhomme and backup QB Seneca Wallace have each missed several weeks this year with similar injuries — but he also said he was "optimistic" McCoy would not miss 4-5 weeks with the injury.

Delhomme began the season as the Browns' starter but suffered an ankle injury in Week One at Tampa Bay. He relieved Wallace, who had suffered an ankle injury of his own, in Week Five vs. Atlanta, but Delhomme re-injured his ankle in a Browns loss and has not played since. He has completed 33-of-60 passes for 324 yards with one TD and four interceptions this season.

The way we see it

The Browns transitioned from Delhomme to Wallace, back to Delhomme, then to McCoy relatively smoothly in the first six weeks of the season, and Delhomme's expected return to the lineup comes against a Panthers defense he knows very well. The key for Delhomme is avoiding the costly turnovers that marked his last year in Carolina and have occurred too frequently even in his short stint (six quarters) in Cleveland.

In the short term, the Browns are relatively well-positioned to overcome McCoy's injury; this was to be Delhomme's starting job all along, and he is again healthy. That said, Delhomme is signed through just 2011, and he'll be 36 in January. In an ideal world, the Browns will get to evaluate some more game tape from McCoy, who's nonetheless made a strong case to be the starter going forward when healthy, as they decide how to proceed at the QB position next season, but the timing and nature of the injury is a double whammy for Cleveland.

Fantasy spin

Delhomme is only a viable option in very big leagues or two-QB formats. The Browns have thrown just eight TD passes in 10 games this season.

He is starting. Damn.

I'd start Seneca Wallace. Why waste time with Delhomme who isn't going to be around very long anyhow? Or maybe give Delhomme this start against Carolina, but then follow the depth chart of McCoy-Wallace-Delhomme depending on who is healthy.

I'd start Seneca Wallace. Why waste time with Delhomme who isn't going to be around very long anyhow? Or maybe give Delhomme this start against Carolina, but then follow the depth chart of McCoy-Wallace-Delhomme depending on who is healthy.

They say Delhomme knows alot about the Carolina defense...and its hard to disagree. But next game I would start Wallace or McCoy if he is healthy. I am ok with starting Delhomme against the worst team in the NFL.

http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/...11/post_64.html

It points out that McCoy's injury is not on his plant foot, like Delhomme and Wallace's were so that is defiantly good news. Also Delhomme is the only QB that is 100%, Wallace is saying he is still around 90-95% so he should be able to play the wild cat if they need him too. I think Delhomme isn't just going to look good against Carolina, but against all the teams he starts against until McCoy comes back... as long as he stays healthy that is, as soon as he gets hurt we need to put Wallace in.

I think Delhomme will be here much longer than you think

I think Delhomme will be here much longer than you think

Maybe not playing wise, I only see him finishing out his contract if they don't draft another QB in the late rounds. But I can see them hiring him as a QB coach. They are saying he has basically done the job with Colt, giving him advice on how to be a good QB and a team leader and he has done a fantastic job of that.

Archived