THE BROWNS BOARD

Hopefully the Jake Delhomme Era lasts only the rest of the year....

BigBrownsFan

The more I watch Delhomme, the more I get the feeling that he isn't over the past couple seasons.

He looks, to me at least, like he's trying to play perfect and feels like he has to make a play every time he drops back.

And then he goes out on the first play and throws a pick....

LOL - he is horrible. Bring Seneca in for God's sakes.

He gets rushed he panics like a girl in a bar with Big Ben coming through the door.

Throws it sideways how many times today and should have been picked twice by now.....

Then loses the ball on a screen attempt? Really?

He is awful. For a veteran QB he isn't too bright....

Duke said to lick balls.

I've been supportive of this coaching staff (except waffling on Daboll), but playing Delhomme and keeping him in the game is really making me start to lose confidence in them.

How can they be so blind to leave Delhomme in when Wallace is a better option?!?!?!

He gets rushed he panics like a girl in a bar with Big Ben coming through the door.

Throws it sideways how many times today and should have been picked twice by now.....

Then loses the ball on a screen attempt? Really?

He is awful. For a veteran QB he isn't too bright....

GET WELL SOON COLT- no way McCoy throws that pick six.

the delhomme thing has to be the biggest disappointment in terms of what the FO did in this previous off season. they knew his reputation of throwing the ball to the other team and still signed him, almost out of desperation.

well let's hope the guys sitting behind the desks will show this guy the door and wash their hands of the only shitty move by them this year (IMO).

mccoy is the real deal and we need to get him weapons and more protection on his right side. i'm very optimistic in the future of this team. just do every browns fan a huge favor holmgren and cut ties with this old red neck interception machine named delhomme.

the delhomme thing has to be the biggest disappointment in terms of what the FO did in this previous off season. they knew his reputation of throwing the ball to the other team and still signed him, almost out of desperation.

well let's hope the guys sitting behind the desks will show this guy the door and wash their hands of the only shitty move by them this year (IMO).

mccoy is the real deal and we need to get him weapons and more protection on his right side. i'm very optimistic in the future of this team. just do every browns fan a huge favor holmgren and cut ties with this old red neck interception machine named delhomme.

To be fair, they needed to do SOMETHING. They took a chance. It hasn't worked out as planned. They didn't sign him to be anything more than "better than Quinn and Anderson".

The two offseason decisions that absolutely blew my mind were not upgrading the WRs... and signing Jake Delhomme not as a veteran backup, but as a starter for $7 mill. It just seemed like a prank or something, an April Fool's Day joke. Hey! The Browns just gave Jake Freaking Delhomme 7 mill and named him the starter!

He's been an interception machine his entire career. It's been about five years since he was any good at all... and he's been arguably the worst QB in all of football since the playoffs of 2008. In roughly 8 quarters, he has 1 TD and 6 INTs this season, showing that yes, he really is as bad as he looked last season.

Man, I really hope McCoy is ready to go next week. And if he isn't, it has to be Wallace. Delhomme needs to be a mentor and confidante only.

Meanwhile, Hillis just might join Hodges on the Pro Bowl team.

I thought he played pretty well for not playing or practicing for over a month. He actually made our WR's look half decent, imagine that.

Ur kidding right? I thought he made carolind look great.

The guy has no game iq. He almost gave them another fumble at the end of the half..

I guess it could be worse, you could be our gm!

He also tried to throw another falling down interception to a defender six feet in front of him, which is how we lost the opener.

It's not that the guy looks like my mother on every play... it's that he throws boneheaded picks with more frequency than any veteran QB in the league over the past few years. He is NOT a "savvy veteran." He's more like a 36-year-old rookie. It's always been his achilles heel.

We need for this guy to wear another helmet next year or, better yet, a set of headphones in an announcer's booth. He's not on any wish list other than maybe McCoy's, which is understandable. Every young QB wants his big brother. But we can't afford to use a roster spot on that.

Wallace isn't much better in my opinion. Delhomme supposedly knew the Panthers better, but I think the plan was that BECAUSE HE KNEW THEM HE WOULD NOT BE AS LIKELY TO THROW PICKS. Oh well. I keep hearing he is mentoring McCoy. That has me more scared than anything!

For the record, I went into the season thinking Wallace was better than Delhomme at this point in their careers and now I feel certain of it.

BTW, anybody have any idea what kind of shape McCoy's ankle is in? Any chance he might play in a week? He's young, should heal fast. Otherwise... please, please make is Seneca.

With McCoy, Hillis, Vickers, Thomas, Mack, Moore, Watson, and Massoquoi, I really think this team is a big-time #1 WR like Green or Jones away from fielding a Top 10 offense. Wouldn't that be a blast?

I agree with not over-reacting but I would point out that for whatever talent Jake Delhomme has or does not....he gives 100%. Sometimes, trying to do too much costs him but he'll never be accused of mailing it in. I'm not a big Jake Delhomme fan but in the first half, you really couldn't say anything horrible about his play.

Ur kidding right? I thought he made carolind look great.

The guy has no game iq. He almost gave them another fumble at the end of the half..

I guess it could be worse, you could be our gm!

Not kidding at all, he clearly spreads the ball around and moves the offense more consistent than any QB we have. Does he make bone headed throws once in awhile? Absolutely. I get frustrated with him to, but its better than watching 3 and outs 6-7 times a game and only focusing on throwing to TE's and Hillis.

Archived