THE BROWNS BOARD

Some People Actually DO Need Their Ass Kicked

shepwrite

Hey I don't like to fight but hell if I got paid millions of dollars I would block tyson punches with my face..

So yes, there are guys who play all sports for money and not for love of the game, un like billy chapel.

no one would pay to see you get tatooed by tee hee Tyson

And so Finnegan got his ass whipped for everybody to see.

getting punched in the back of the head twice isn't exactly my idea of getting an ass whipping. in fact, that shit doesn't even hurt.

Johnson completely lost his head=Finnegan for the win. total mindphuck.

I guess this whole situation is weird. Look I get CF is an asshole, but for all the helmet to helmet player safety nancyboy football league shit its hard to tell what is legal and what's not! So hitting a guy with no helmet while face-down in the ground to the back of the head with your fist after the play is ok, but hitting helmet to helmet during the play even by accident is now suspendable? Wtf?

I seriously have no idea what Goodell is really doing. He is one of the most unpredictable figures in sports which is not a good quality for the man in charge of your favorite sport to have. This guy is a walking contradiction. I mean think about it, has anything happened this year that 'damaged their image' worse than that incident. Yeah big gay was some drama, but I mean on the field. Just be consistent is all I'm saying!

200+ lb men spearing helmet to helmet blows at full speed leaves players taking dirt naps and often puts them out of games entirely. look at CF's reaction to the pathetic back-of-head blows--it didn't even faze him.

imo you may want to rethink your argument. ;)

Johnson didn't even land a punch. How is that kicking someone's ass? Finnegan got right back up.

in order to take credit for kicking someone's ass you basically need to stop them, either by them crying uncle aka "no mas" or beating them until they can't move or are in so much pain they just give up and lay there...like breaking their arm or breaking their ribs with steel toes.

i love to fight, in fact i was in a fight last night. successful blows were landed by both of us and i'm sure he also has marks today, but neither of us can claim he kicked the other's ass cuz we both coulda kept coming. punches are par for the course, if the other wasn't totally stopped or unless it's a completely one-sided ruthless beatdown no ass whipping took place. my $.02

p.s. i don't start em, but i'll certainly accept them. there's gotta be penalties in life for assholes.

200+ lb men spearing helmet to helmet blows at full speed leaves players taking dirt naps and often puts them out of games entirely. look at CF's reaction to the pathetic back-of-head blows--it didn't even faze him.

imo you may want to rethink your argument. ;)

There is nothing to rethink......they get paid (by me and you I might add) to take a risk everytime they are on the field. Do I like helmet to helmet hits......yes and no. Everyone that watches nascar wants to see a crash every now and then and this really is no different. Do I want people to get hurt? No. Alaskan fishermen, cops, boxers, gay lion trainers, rig workers, etc know that there is a chance they might not make it home everytime they go to work. But for them the money is worth the risk and they're not even paid a fraction of a football salary. If you are afraid to get hit in the helmet then you probably shouldn't be playing football. The equipment is lightyears better than it has ever been. As a matter of fact, they could go helmet to helmet on every play and not have half the risk to deal with as the professions I listed above. I understand the argument of intent, but not everytime it happens intentionally. I think the league and its fans are getting soft. Of all people I would think you would understand since you like to fight. Unless you are that guy who likes to pick on the smallest guy in the room because there is too much risk of injury to fight the biggest guy. Then YOUR arguement would make sense to me.

Let the players and coaches deliver the justice.

Unless you are that guy who likes to pick on the smallest guy in the room because there is too much risk of injury to fight the biggest guy.

Since im 5'5 and weigh 145lbs I come across those type of guys alot. Espically in bars. If they're drunk I try to ignore them but sometimes you cant and that's when it gets interesting.

There is nothing to rethink......they get paid (by me and you I might add) to take a risk everytime they are on the field. Do I like helmet to helmet hits......yes and no. Everyone that watches nascar wants to see a crash every now and then and this really is no different. Do I want people to get hurt? No. Alaskan fishermen, cops, boxers, gay lion trainers, rig workers, etc know that there is a chance they might not make it home everytime they go to work. But for them the money is worth the risk and they're not even paid a fraction of a football salary. If you are afraid to get hit in the helmet then you probably shouldn't be playing football. The equipment is lightyears better than it has ever been. As a matter of fact, they could go helmet to helmet on every play and not have half the risk to deal with as the professions I listed above. I understand the argument of intent, but not everytime it happens intentionally. I think the league and its fans are getting soft. Of all people I would think you would understand since you like to fight. Unless you are that guy who likes to pick on the smallest guy in the room because there is too much risk of injury to fight the biggest guy. Then YOUR arguement would make sense to me.

Let the players and coaches deliver the justice.

i hear you, but i still think it comes down to people's perception of what a punch to the face means to them vs colliding helmets. because i have no hangups about fisticuffs i view colliding helmets as easily the more violent of the two. after letting the topic soak into my skull a few days i realize most will not agree with me on this.

society's acceptance of NFL's brutality is completely separate from their perception of fisticuffs on an NFL field, which seems weird to me but it is what it is. if that's not the image they want to portray then i can understand what you were getting at, it just seems contradictory to me given the mass X velocity element. there is a social stigma to fighting, not so much to the NFL's inherent violence. i believe it comes down to packaging, kinda like how our grocery meat department looks nothing like the slaughterhouse, although they are really one in the same in reality. remove the blood, put some foam around it>>>whala! it's now socially acceptable. sorry, i'm ranting here. not everything makes sense when you break it down and politics rule the day, so i'll just accept that sheep are the majority and i'm without a doubt a truth massochist. and just to add, i'm 5'9" and 155 lbs, but i cover up really well. drunks and/or assholes should never mess with wrestlers with nice hands. ;)

Let the players and coaches deliver the justice. htownbrown

baloney. It should be okay to let criminals shoot cops in the back, and not a crime with a big penalty, and just let the cops "handle it" ???

We've been to NASCAR races - you don't want to see a driver intentionally ram another driver head on. WTH??? It's about structured competition,

not some Roadrunner cartoon where Wiley Coyote gets to break all the rules outlandishly.

Life isn't a movie or a hockey game, where you can see all sorts of fake stuff, or see those hockey fights. Even in that, there are penalties in hockey.

Your rationalization doesn't work at all. Sorry.

Let the players and coaches deliver the justice. htownbrown

baloney. It should be okay to let criminals shoot cops in the back, and not a crime with a big penalty, and just let the cops "handle it" ???

We've been to NASCAR races - you don't want to see a driver intentionally ram another driver head on. WTH??? It's about structured competition,

not some Roadrunner cartoon where Wiley Coyote gets to break all the rules outlandishly.

Life isn't a movie or a hockey game, where you can see all sorts of fake stuff, or see those hockey fights. Even in that, there are penalties in hockey.

Your rationalization doesn't work at all. Sorry.

No, no, no and no. So did you read the part where I said and I quote, "I understand the arguement of intent"????? I think it has ALWAYS been illegal to go on a brutal tirade. That was NEVER my point at all!!! Spearing and the like have ALWAYS been considered unnecesary roughness. And when something occurs that the other players don't like you better believe whoever becomes a target. ALWAYS has been and ALWAYS will be.

You are arguing intent and I UNDERSTAND that already!

Archived