THE BROWNS BOARD

your favorite teams

professor_g

Ok, kind of an obvious topic, but I don't remember one like this recently and I'm curious what teams people love to love and hate. Here's my list.

favorites:

BROWNS

LIONS

BILLS (except for this week, of course!)

most despised:

STEELERS

RAVENS

JETS (loved every minute of that ass-kicking monday night)

too boring to give a damn:

PANTHERS

CARDINALS

49ERS (even though I grew up in Northern CA)

Ok, kind of an obvious topic, but I don't remember one like this recently and I'm curious what teams people love to love and hate. Here's my list.

LOVE- BROWNS :)

HATE- Steelers, Bengals, Ratbirds, Broncos, Titans (nee Oilers), Eagles (they disrespected Paul Brown) & entire NFC East

I LOVE the Browns and in recent weeks I have been rooting for the 49'ers while Troy Smith has been starting. I also like to root for the guys who suck but are starting to get better, ie the raiders, detroit, bucs, chiefs for the most part.

I hate the: Steelers, Ravans, Patriots (bandwagon fans) and the Rams (I just hate them)

I don't care about anyone else.

Fav- browns

I hate all other teams other than the browns. I don't understand having another fav team. During the play offs I will root for who I hate less.

^^^Agreed! Love the Browns, and hate 31 other teams.. some I just hate less than the other.. But top hated teams would be pitt, buff, and balt

why does everyone hate the eagles???

Well, I can't speak for everyone else, but back when the Browns joined the NFL, from the old AAFC, in 1950, the Eagles & their organization stated the Browns were inferior.

Paul Brown, the greatest coach who ever lived, promptly beat the Eagles asses in the first game of the season, 35-10. The Eagles coach then called the Browns a "gimmick' offense because they liked to throw the ball. Guess what? In their next meeting, the Browns ran all over the Eagles, never threw a single pass, and beat their asses again.

So, their you have it...a history lesson. It was long ago, but hell with Philly.

Well, I can't speak for everyone else, but back when the Browns joined the NFL, from the old AAFC, in 1950, the Eagles & their organization stated the Browns were inferior.

Paul Brown, the greatest coach who ever lived, promptly beat the Eagles asses in the first game of the season, 35-10. The Eagles coach then called the Browns a "gimmick' offense because they liked to throw the ball. Guess what? In their next meeting, the Browns ran all over the Eagles, never threw a single pass, and beat their asses again.

So, their you have it...a history lesson. It was long ago, but hell with Philly.

Water under the bridge. For every team with a significant history we could tell a similar story. The Eagles let us have Heckert, they gave Vick an opportunity to turn his life around, and they make the Cowboys look pathetc. That's enough reason for me to like them.

You are clearly a steeler troll pretending to be a browns fan. Every one of your posts either insult other browns fans or the history of our team...

Please find one post where I insult a Browns fan or the history of the Browns.

I don't insult anyone here. I get insulted, but I don't insult.

Speaking the truth, SHOULD not make one a "troll".

Favorites:

Browns

Packers

Bills

Hated:

Steelers

Ravens

Cowboys

Also, cant STAND boston fans. For the longest time all they did was whine about their bad luck. Yet they had a dynasty basketball team and multiple super bowls before the sox won.

May be an obvious topic, but it's a good one.

It's far easier for me to come up with baseball teams I kinda-sorta like, but I'll give the football thing a go:

Browns

massive gap

Bills

Packers

Saints

Ownership issues are involved with the Bills and Packers and I just can't help but like the Saints and their fans.

The hate list is pretty typical around these parts:

Ravens

Steelers

hmm...

I'd easily add the Skins to this list but that has everything to do with their owner and exactly nothing to do with their fans.

The Eagles would make the list *because* of their fans. But so many wave that around as a badge of triumph that they don't understand that they're hated exactly for the fact they wear that badge. They're just not that intimidating or important yet they think they're both of those things.

Beanpot

Also, cant STAND boston fans. For the longest time all they did was whine about their bad luck. Yet they had a dynasty basketball team and multiple super bowls before the sox won.

Agreed, to a point. They were silly to break out the woe-is-me crap when it came to following sports. But when it comes to baseball, they had every reason to act like little bitches while expecting the worst. That shit, that pinch-me-I-must-be-dreaming stuff while the WS flag was raised - THAT was genuine.

I'll put it this way - I'll love it when a Cleveland team finally wins a championship in my lifetime. Absolutely love it.

But if that team isn't the Tribe?

The whining is going to continue.

Beanpot

I don't get having a couple fav teams.

My standard for calling a team a fav, is they bring me join when they win and I cry when they lose.

I bleed brown and orange nothing else. Nothing else gets my blood flowing, I can't sleep on sundays just waiting for kick off. I feel sick to my stomach when they lose.

You can't be a diehard fan and have two fav teams, in my opionion.

In jon we trust!

My standard for calling a team a fav, is they bring me join when they win and I cry when they lose.

I bleed brown and orange nothing else. Nothing else gets my blood flowing, I can't sleep on sundays just waiting for kick off. I feel sick to my stomach when they lose.

In jon we trust!

Sure, but the question was asked while using the plural. Of COURSE we know the *favorite* team of most posting here, but the poster asked, essentially, which other teams we hope do well.

If answering that question causes you to break out the "die hard fan" crap, then you weren't the intended audience. Now go sit in a corner and lick off your froth.

Beanpot

Beanpoop,

Your gay! Now go bend over ur dog

Sweet! Haven't posted here in nearly a year and now I'm asked - no - told - to have sex with a canine.

A gay one at that.

Plus there's a "poop" reference!

Couple all of that with a "your" and I'm so glad I'm back!

Beanpot

Agreed, to a point. They were silly to break out the woe-is-me crap when it came to following sports. But when it comes to baseball, they had every reason to act like little bitches while expecting the worst. That shit, that pinch-me-I-must-be-dreaming stuff while the WS flag was raised - THAT was genuine.

I'll put it this way - I'll love it when a Cleveland team finally wins a championship in my lifetime. Absolutely love it.

But if that team isn't the Tribe?

The whining is going to continue.

Beanpot

I guess being from Cleveland its kind of like being homeless and seeing someone with a huge house and complaining they dont like the color. I do agree Boston is a baseball town though, so had some painful times - But at least they had some other great sports moments, where Cleveland is nothing but tragic endings.And as far as Cleveland goes , we would rather see Browns win over any other Cleveland team. As we are a football town/state. I do love the Indians and Cavs. But nothing would make me as happy as a Browns super bowl win.

I guess being from Cleveland its kind of like being homeless and seeing someone with a huge house and complaining they dont like the color. I do agree Boston is a baseball town though, so had some painful times - But at least they had some other great sports moments, where Cleveland is nothing but tragic endings.And as far as Cleveland goes , we would rather see Browns win over any other Cleveland team. As we are a football town/state. I do love the Indians and Cavs. But nothing would make me as happy as a Browns super bowl win.

That - the huge house thing - is a TERRIFIC analogy.

I'm not at all disagreeing with you, you're dead-nuts on when you compare our frustration to theirs. Noooo contest.

I was just sticking up for the baseball fans who were only mildly satisfied by the success of the Pats/Celts.

Beanpot

In jon we trust!

You can be a die hard Cleveland fan and still respect other teams. I would never root for any other team EVER. But I can still say I respect some other organazations. Trust me, whenever the Browns lose I cant watch ESPN or any sports network for a few days. As hearing about it makes me sick.

Archived