THE BROWNS BOARD

your favorite teams

professor_g

That - the huge house thing - is a TERRIFIC analogy.

I'm not at all disagreeing with you, you're dead-nuts on when you compare our frustration to theirs. Noooo contest.

I was just sticking up for the baseball fans who were only mildly satisfied by the success of the Pats/Celts.

Beanpot

I have to admit though, I am still scarred from the Boston Cleveland series where botson came back from 2-0 and won three straight by scoring like 400 runs- and cost Mike Hargrove his job, which to this day I feel was a HUUGGE mistake. I will never forget the people in Boston chanting Jared Wrights name while he was being shelled.

I have to admit though, I am still scarred from the Boston Cleveland series where botson came back from 2-0 and won three straight by scoring like 400 runs. I will never forget the people in Boston chanting Jared Wrights name while he was being shelled.

You and me both.

And scarred is the right word.

I don't come close to *liking* Red Sox fans, I just appreciate their wait between titles.

Beanpot

Sweet! Haven't posted here in nearly a year and now I'm asked - no - told - to have sex with a canine.

A gay one at that.

Plus there's a "poop" reference!

Couple all of that with a "your" and I'm so glad I'm back!

Beanpot

Beanpot, that's great :).

People around here take things way too serious.

The Bills are the only other franchise that I have some respect for, and I hope we wipe the field with them today.

When the Browns are out of the picture, I tend to root for "old school" NFL teams down the stretch: Bears, Giants, Packers, etc ... they have loyal fanbases similar to ours. I rooted for the Saints last year because of what the city went through and in the AFC I will root for whoever is playing the Steelers or Ravens in the playoffs.

Can't Stand: Steelers, Ravens, Cowboys ... I should add the Bungles, but it is more of a total lack of respect than a "hate".

Zombo

I try to answer the 'favorite' part of this question by where I thought my loyalties might go in 1996. When the team left, I thought I would start rooting (halfheartedly of course) for someone else. I thought about the Packers because of their great fans, but they were starting to dominate and I didn't want to be a bandwagon jumper. So that left me with another Midwest team: the Bears. But, in truth, I never got into it emotionally those first few weeks of the 1996 season. And not long after that, Mr. Tagliabue and others announced the resurrection of our team and that was that.

So, in short, I like the Packers because of the fan base.

My wife is a Lions fan and I would like to see them succeed once in awhile, if only for the city. Interesting and somewhat funny story from a guy from Detroit whom I used to work with. Each year he drives the 2 hours to Detroit for Thanksgiving and volunteers at a soup kitchen in the downtown area during the early afternoon before heading to his relatives' place for Thanksgiving supper. And he tells me that each year the poor/homeless come through the line and don't complain about a thing and are very appreciative of everything they're given . . . and then the Lions game starts on TV. Nothing but complaining about the Lions ensues. So, in short, that tells you how the Lions can affect the emotions of some of the don't-haves in the city.

As far as hate goes, it runs hot and cold with some teams. Right now, I absolutely can't stand the Jets. Everything they exude is what's wrong with sports today: Cockiness, arrogance, selfishness, look-at-me spoiled-brats with talent, and it's all displayed on reality TV.

Then there are the teams I just hate, period.

Pittsburgh: Respect their annual toughness and success, but can't stand them just the same.

Baltimore: For obvious reasons.

Cincinnati: I think I hate the Bengals more because of their fans. They are the most fair weather-come-out-of-the-woodwork-shouting-WhoDey pieces of garbage I have ever seen in NFL fandom. Obviously they have had to put their black and orange back in storage this year.

Don't hate anybody in the NFC, but that's because I don't see them play enough, but the Cowboys would be a strong candidate.

talking about mount union of course i have a buddy down there i went to school with and played football with hes on the team

i've had the pleasure to meet Coach Kehres and he is a total class guy. According to today's PD, Coach has a record of 303-22-3 in his 25 years at the helm. i believe that includes playoff games as well. His run has got to be the most successful in NCAA football history. i think he as 10 national championships.

Yesterday, his starting QB went down in the first quarter. The backup, Matt Pilotto, threw for over 300 yards, 4 TD's and 0 ints. Cecil Shorts, a Collinwood grad, may get drafted in the NFL this spring.

Favorite?.....There's only one...BROWNS!

Hated/disliked?.....Steelers, Cowboys, Ravens, Bengals.

The Cowboys are in there just because I got totally SICK of that tired "America's team" tag that was shoved down our throats for so long, plus Jerry Jones is so easy to despise.

Mike

love the browns thru thick and thin, bad and good and will love them till the day i can't pick up a shot or shit my own pants. the browns are a true history lesson in themselves..........something that i'm proud of and which often leads to confrontations not living in ohio anymore.

i agree with zombo though: i don't like any other teams.......i respect them:

packers, bears, bills. the cold weather teams who didn't sell out and build a dome or covered stadium.

BTW philly fans are the worse fans on the face of the planet (right in front of yankee fans) and FFFFFFFF boston too!

Update needed...I also hate the Jets. Their loud mouth coach, Braylon, & Santonio Holmes are too much to take.

man, i've gotta deal with both jets and giants fans living here in ny.....some are my best friends. do you know what kind of shit i've been taking for the last 20 years or so? not pretty. even though the media here is harder on their own teams than anyone could possibly imagine. jeter photoshopped into a red sox uniform on the front cover of the ny post? HILARIOUS!

how does that trade a pick to the jets for sanchez look right about now?

Ok, kind of an obvious topic, but I don't remember one like this recently and I'm curious what teams people love to love and hate. Here's my list.

favorites:

BROWNS

LIONS

BILLS (except for this week, of course!)

most despised:

STEELERS

RAVENS

JETS (loved every minute of that ass-kicking monday night)

too boring to give a damn:

PANTHERS

CARDINALS

49ERS (even though I grew up in Northern CA)

favorites

Browns

Steelers

Patriots

Bengals

despised

Dallas...........hate em

Dallas

Dallas

Denver......always disliked em even in the AFL

Besides the Browns,

KC always like them.

Hate- Steelers (because of their arrogant fans)

Cowboys (arrogant owner)

Ratbirds- Schmodell.

Bungles- biggest bunch of wimp fans in the NFL. Goona be a good one at work tomorrow. One Bungle booster was predicting 10 wins in a row this year before the season started. Have to ask him how 10 losses in a row feels. Go crawl back under your rocks. wimps.

Fav Team:

Steelers

Alternate Team (really there's only one fav)

Green Bay

Teams I hate:

Ravens

Eagles

Patriots

Cowboys

Browns can't make my list of hated teams for several reasons. First, I don't like the fact that your franchise was ripped from your city by Art Modell which makes it's kinda hard for me to hate someone who had that happen to them. Second you just ain't good enough to hate.

Favorite NFL teams:

A.The Browns, obviously.

B. Beyond that, it would be the Packers solely for the fact that they are the only community owned team in the NFL. (and maybe in all pro sports.

C. Any team that has gone many, many years without winning a title, or who has never won one. ( I was glad to see the Saints win one) That actually includes fully 1/2 of the entire NFL. There are 16 NFL teams, including the Browns, who have either not won an NFL/AFL title since 1970 or have never won one in there existance: Chargers, Cardinals, Chiefs, Vikings, Lions, Browns, Bengals, Titans, Falcons, Panthers, Jaguars, Texans, Eagles, Bills, Jets, Seahawks.

Least favorite:

A. Obviously you dislike your division rivals the most, that is purely natural: Ravens, Steelers, and Bengals. The fact that two of those teams are the bastard children of the Cleveland Browns (Bengals and Ravens) makes these rivalries somewhat unprecedented in the league.

B. Beyond that there are the Broncos. Sure, losing 3 AFC title games to them in the manner in which a couple were lost still grates.

C. Also, I too take delight in the failures of the Cowboys simply because of the fellatio the national media performs upon them constantly.

Favorite MLB teams:

A. The Indians obviously.

B. The Cubs, because that is my wife's favorite team.

C. Just like with football, any team that has gone many, many years without winning a title. It just so happens that the two teams that have gone the longest happen to be the two teams my family supports. Ain't that a bitch.

Least favorite:

A. The Yankees

B. Now, the Red Sox

C. Actually, it isn't even so much the Yankees and Red Sox that I despise, but it is the system in place in MLB that bestows upon them the built in advantage of money over all the other teams. These f**kers don't have to use any skill or competence to always be good. They simply have to throw more money around, and they can and do because the system gives them more money to throw around. At least in the NFL and maybe other sports, the winning franchises like the Pats and Steelers etc. do it through competent management and coaching. I don't believe for one second that the guys running the Yankees and Red Sox are more competent than those running any other teams. They can just afford to buy the best talent. A moron could run a successful team that way....and I am not so sure those teams aren't run by morons.

NBA:

Favorites:

A. The Cavaliers, obviously

B. Again, any team that has gone a long, long time since winning

Least favorites:

A. Lakers

B. Celtics

C. Heat, for obvious reasons

D. Hear again, I am under the firm belief that the NBA does thing to cater to the Lakers and Celtics. I believe that league thinks that if the Celtics and Lakers are not the best teams in the league that the league will suffer. That is preposterous of course, but the NBA wants its big market teams to do well. All these great players just miraculously end up on the rosters of the Lakers and Celtics. Let's put it this way: count me among those who say that the way the NBA does its business smells fishy.

This will seem very strange to most on here:

Favorite: Steelers

Ones I like: Browns (the rivalry between the teams made me sad when Baltimore took the team and am so glad Cleveland has a team again) Cowboys (because my son works for them), Dolphins, Bills

Dislike: Broncos, Patriots, Jets

Hate: Raiders: This goes back a long way

Indifferent: everyone else[/color]

A. The Yankees

B. Now, the Red Sox

C. Actually, it isn't even so much the Yankees and Red Sox that I despise, but it is the system in place in MLB that bestows upon them the built in advantage of money over all the other teams. These f**kers don't have to use any skill or competence to always be good. They simply have to throw more money around, and they can and do because the system gives them more money to throw around. At least in the NFL and maybe other sports, the winning franchises like the Pats and Steelers etc. do it through competent management and coaching. I don't believe for one second that the guys running the Yankees and Red Sox are more competent than those running any other teams. They can just afford to buy the best talent. A moron could run a successful team that way....and I am not so sure those teams aren't run by morons.

It's why I don't bother to watch baseball anymore. The big market teams have a very unfair advantage in buying up all the best talent. That may not buy you a pennant every year, but it certainly buys you a competitive team. The Yankees haven't had a losing season since 1992, and in their 108 years in New York, they've only been on the minus side of the win column 21 times.

i've had the pleasure to meet Coach Kehres and he is a total class guy. According to today's PD, Coach has a record of 303-22-3 in his 25 years at the helm. i believe that includes playoff games as well. His run has got to be the most successful in NCAA football history. i think he as 10 national championships.

Yesterday, his starting QB went down in the first quarter. The backup, Matt Pilotto, threw for over 300 yards, 4 TD's and 0 ints. Cecil Shorts, a Collinwood grad, may get drafted in the NFL this spring.

YOU GOTTA LOVE THE PURPLE RAIDERS.............I do.........what a dynasty..........the should be rated higher than TCU and BOISE

YOU GOTTA LOVE THE PURPLE RAIDERS.............I do.........what a dynasty..........the should be rated higher than TCU and BOISE

Well, they very well may be rated higher than those teams.....in their own division. Mt. Union is a Division III school. That is the 4th rung division, behind FBS, FCS, Division II.

As great as they are, let's face the truth: if Mt. Union came up against Boise or TCU, they would probably get whipped pretty bad.

What might be interesting though would be to see them play against say, Kent St. or Akron U. I am not so sure they couldn't hold their own pretty well against them.

Well the BCS is crap.............the Purple Raiders play their way to championships every year..............and the BCS is really Bullshit Crock oh Sheet

Yes, it would be nice to have a real playoff, wouldn't it. Now, instead, the teams in the title game have a 6 week layoff. I am convinced that hurt OSU in their two most recent title game losses. I don't know if they would have won, but I don't believe it would have been so bad.

Archived