THE BROWNS BOARD

Thank God, Looks Like Colt Will Start!

shepwrite

Thrilled to hear the Colt is back in the saddle.

Still have no idea why Wallace is third string. None.

Coaches always say the "best players will play" ... not one person in 100 would say that Jake Delhomme is a better QB than Seneca right now, or better for our team. Even if Seneca sucked as much as Jake (he clearly doesn't), at least he'd be mobile!

Zombo

Coaches always say the "best players will play" ... not one person in 100 would say that Jake Delhomme is a better QB than Seneca right now, or better for our team. Even if Seneca sucked as much as Jake (he clearly doesn't), at least he'd be mobile!

Zombo

Adding to that...

I feel about 99 percent certain we'll have a new OC next year (new coach or not) and it'll be Holmgren's version of the WCO run by a Holmgren guy (perhaps Haskell).

Guess what backup played in that offense for a lot of years? Yeah, Seneca Wallace. He'd have to be considered the absolutely IDEAL backup for next year.

I couldn't care less that McCoy likes Joke Delhomme. Who doesn't? He's a likable guy. So's Trent Dilfer (and a damn fine analyst)... but I don't think we'll bring him in as a #2 either.

Anybody else watch "Year of the QB" on ESPN? That was awesome. Dilfer is a really smart and eloquent guy.

Zombo

I guess one person would, and that is why Delhomme was starting...

Though I dont think that is right.

Zombo

You obviously haven't conversed with CantonLegend.

Maybe it has something to do with Seneca being frustrated that is he isn't ahead of Jake on the depth chart.

I wouldn't want to give up a draft pick just to win a couple of games with Wallace right now either.

Holmgren would take that into consideration when he decides what to do (Eric and Mike may have already talked about it). IMO, it would take an insane man to fire Mangini, as the team is much improved.

The rational minds guessed 6 - 8 wins this year.... and look where we are at, sitting at 5 with 3 games to play. We also guessed the record expecting Jake and Seneca to stay healthy.

Maybe it has something to do with Seneca being frustrated that is he isn't ahead of Jake on the depth chart.

I wouldn't want to give up a draft pick just to win a couple of games with Wallace right now either.

Holmgren would take that into consideration when he decides what to do (Eric and Mike may have already talked about it). IMO, it would take an insane man to fire Mangini, as the team is much improved.

The rational minds guessed 6 - 8 wins this year.... and look where we are at, sitting at 5 with 3 games to play. We also guessed the record expecting Jake and Seneca to stay healthy.

We also guessed the record without knowing how bad Jake was and how Colt wasn't gonna start this year, as well as having no idea who Peyton Hillis even was.

much improved.

We also guessed the record without knowing how bad Jake was and how Colt wasn't gonna start this year, as well as having no idea who Peyton Hillis even was.

much improved.

Sure, but we figured that Jerome Harrison would probably be doing for us what Hillis is doing, given his production at the end of last year.

I agree that we are right about where most people thought we would be at the end of the year. Its just that we got there a little differently than expected. We didn't expect wins over NE or NO, but we did think we would take Buffalo and Tampa.

It's tough to NOT improve on most of last year... although we've never won 4 straight this season. We had a nice offseason and got lucky again (last year, Moore and Roth, this year, Hillis). We had a pretty good draft and added some veterans who helped a lot (Fujita, Gocong).

But I don't know if we're much improved, except for a three-game stretch (Saints, Pats, Jets). Since then, we've been less than scintillating.

Chances are decent we'll go from 5-11 to 6-10. I'm not planning any parades.

if you don't think that we're improved, you obviously haven't watched any games.

even on bad days, we are still in the game.

I think we're improved. The Rams are MUCH improved. So are the Chiefs and Bucs.

That's not really the question, though. The question is whether we improved enough to save Mangini's job. I suspect that's right on the line.

Looks as though Colt got the majority of practice snaps today and will be healthy enough to start this weekend vs the Bengals barring any setbacks! Woohoo! Nice to know I wont have to watch Dellhommo piss the game away, I've got great seats and am excited to see the Colt! Bring on the Bungles..

http://twitter.com/#!/joereedy/statuse...141787811184640

QB Colt McCoy was listed on the browns practice report as having full participation

Zombo

I agree....unless Senecas attitude is pushing him down.

He was making a lot of those, 'I just play when I am told to play" and "you'll have to ask the coach" type answers a few weeks back.

I am not saying I don't understand his frustration, or even disagree for that matter, but there is a reason not evident to us why the guy is low man on the totem pole.....and I don't think it is because the entire Browns coaching staff doesn't get it.

I know I have worked with people talented as hell but in the end they were more of a pain in the ass than anything.

I am not saying I know that to be the case here, but apply what you have learned in your line of work and start connecting the dots.

IMO: Colt is the future for this team and the more reps that he can get this year the better he will be for us next season. Seneca will just have to show the coachs something that will make them want him to be the starter. Until then Lets see what Colt has to offer. If he turns out to be a dud then we can pursue somebody else in the draft.

Who changed my thread title and how??

Blame it on the Christmas Elfs. They are notorious for creating pranks at this time of the year. They are over worked and underpayed and seem to cause grief with some of the messes that they make.

someone had started a similar thread and i think the mods incorporated the two.....just prob kept his thread title because of the delhomo reference. :rolleyes:

Thanks.

Multiple threads on the same topic sucks and makes a site unreadable.

Who changed my thread title and how??

do not get upset this thread is now nearly 9 months old...................Go Colt utherwise the whole discussion is irrevelant and we need to get a real QB

Archived