THE BROWNS BOARD

Steve Smith

shepwrite

PGL! Dude!!! Good to see you. You were probably talking about someone else, but Brad Mojoplinko is a pretty damn good WR in his own right. Not to be underestimated. Lithuania U., one of the best ever at the school.

Yeah dude I miss your quality stuff over there man, theres a select few starting to get testy, so I came over here to see what kind of topics were goin on

BTW... In reply to the above.... I think its a major tribute to Brad Mojoplinko that The Norway Brown Vikings coach Leaf Ericmangison ordered to have him double covered all game, thus opening up a huge day for that other Lithuania player... god ... whats his name.... Ferrel Ohvens

Sorry BTW for hijacking this kinda.... Steve Smith was the original topic. I think the issue is more than just Steve Smith though I think it's the entire mentality of we will not accept any player lacking total moral fortitude and the highest character qualities. That somewhat screams "Notre Dame" when I think about it. The high GPA requirements dissuade a lot of players from attending and the talent pool becomes far more narrow.

The Browns CANNOT shy away from signing ANY high caliber talent players because of small character flaws. Braylon Edwards is not an example of small character flaws. There are plenty of teams in the league that deal with players like this and still employ them effectively on Sundays. EM has changed the culture of this team, adding in a few high caliber players into a strong core of high character and hard working guys is not going to "Tear apart the locker room". Adding them into the former locker room and free-for all run by RAC would have that effect but that is not the case.

Randy Moss was described a "cancer". He went to NE and gave them several good seasons, working with a large group of high character guys. Until this year there wasn't much out of him negatively in the press.

Why is everyone so against having good players?

Its called building the team atmosphere and not having the me first players taking over the locker room.

We have that now.

What we did here is exactly what NE did a decade ago just like it says in my sig. The only reason Moss was in NE was because the team was set up. If you put the foundation in place you can add whatever you feel like.

If we do it the way you and a lot of the other posters want to we end up with a team like the bengals are now or we were a few years ago, and everything points to that not working.

We will start signing the so called cancer's this offseason.

Hear me out...

Steve Smith has been a dick for a large portion of his life. He's cold-cocked his own teammates. He bitches and pouts. He can also be a funny, engaging guy who had a very good relationship with a certain mentor-to-be named Jake Delhomme. The two actually were friends.

Smith is going to get cut. He already put his house up for sale. The team sucks and is in for a long rebuilding process with a rookie QB, probably Andrew Luck. Smith is due 7 mill he'll never see based on injuries and production.

Oh, and to recommend him even less? He'll be 32 in May. He's absolutely a short-term prospect.

And I think that makes him ideal for the Browns, who are likely to draft a WR in the 8 to 13 range next April. Rookie receivers often take time to become stars... and the Browns seem to have an opportunity to be serious contenders in 2011, if indeed there is a 2011. Well, I mean there will be a 2011, but maybe not for football fans.

Now the good stuff: Smith is still fast. He's in great shape. He's a fiery competitor. And, again, he loves him some Jake Delhomme, who will be there to broker the relationship between McCoy, Smith, and Julio Jones (for example). Massoquoi becomes the slot, something many think he's born to do (talked about a lot his rookie year).

The Browns defense has been pretty damn good this year. A couple of new pieces in the front 7, they have a shot to be legit top 10. We'll be able to run the ball. If we can also throw it? The sky's the limit.

Smith would only be relevant for two years, which gives Julio time to grow into the #1.

Just sayin'.

I'm betting (hoping) Delhomme won't be back next year.

Archived