THE BROWNS BOARD

Bye Bye Mangini

Buck The Frowns

• Replies 585
  • Created
  • Last Reply
they act like mangini has taken the browns to the afc championship game or something. help me out here, did i miss something? wow, some people are really falling in love with that mirage they're looking at.

Yeah I think they are in love with him. That's the only way to explain it. Love is blind right?

Let's just hope they make the right choice in who they hire next..

Sorry if some of us like to look at the big picture. Let me ask you this, do you honestly think that any coach could have came in to the mess that Mangini inherited and done a better job? He has established a good running game and is molding a pretty solid defense which has ranked as one of the worst in the league for quite some time. And while we still don't have the horses to pull the plow this team is in most games with a chance to win almost all of them due to these changes. You guys that thought that this would be a playoff team in 2 years are simply delusional. Frankly, not giving Mangini one more year is borderline Retarded.

you don't see the big picture. mangini is symbol without substance and yes i think there are coaches who could've gotten more out of this team than mangini did. mangini made alot of mistakes that contributed significantly to browns losses. you're in denial and you're the type of fan who will rip everybody on the team but mangini because you're a mangini homer. read every post i've made in this thread. i've answered all of your questions. if you still don't get it then that's your problem, not mine.

Yeah I think they are in love with him. That's the only way to explain it. Love is blind right?

Let's just hope they make the right choice in who they hire next..

haha.

as long as the shit doesn't smell as bad as the shit they're used to smelling, i guess they can live with it.

did you see "the matrix"? do you remember that scene when cypher was sitting at the table with agent smith and he was saying he knows the steak he's eating isn't real yet he loves how it smells and tastes then said "ignorance is bliss"? that sums up the mindset of these mangini homers.

you don't see the big picture. mangini is symbol without substance and yes i think there are coaches who could've gotten more out of this team than mangini did. mangini made alot of mistakes that contributed significantly to browns losses. you're in denial and you're the type of fan who will rip everybody on the team but mangini because you're a mangini homer. read every post i've made in this thread. i've answered all of your questions. if you still don't get it then that's your problem, not mine.

Don't even bother arguing with this guy.. the pizzadeliveryguy is the most Retarded poster on this board.

i guess some fans are so starved for improvements that they'll accept anything that resembles an improvement. the bottom line is wins and losses and this team could've done better than it did had they a competent coach who could humble himself and see the error of his ways. how much longer will we sit back and continue to make excuses for people who continue to refuse to make the necessary corrections to enable this team to rise above mediocrity??????

Mediocrity? Where have you been the last 12 years? Listen, no one likes losing but after 12 years it is nice to see someone come in and tear down the dam while attempting to rebuild it properly rather than plug the holes with bubblegum. Anyone that has watched the team this year and can't see that there has been vast improvement really isn't paying attention. Also, I'm not making excuses for Mangini's mistakes. He has made a bunch. Today's clock management at the half was a pretty good example but if you think that you are going to avoid mistakes simply by replacing him you are being pretty obtuse. With any coach, you take the good with the bad.

haha.

as long as the shit doesn't smell as bad as the shit they're used to smelling, i guess they can live with it.

did you see "the matrix"? do you remember that scene when cypher was sitting at the table with agent smith and he was saying he knows the steak he's eating isn't real yet he loves how it smells and tastes then said "ignorance is bliss"? that sums up the mindset of these mangini homers.

Hahaha yeah I love the matrix reference..

The problem is people drank so much of Manginis Piss theyre high on it...Manigini is a loser plain and simple...Yes Mangini is a nice guy and Im sure he has nice friends. There are coaches that are born with a winner mentality and there are those destined to mediocrity. Mangini is the latter...his refusal to make adjustments and use the clock wisely did him in. Injuries yes may have cost us some victories sure...But its up to the coach to use and prepare that talent to compete

Hahaha yeah I love the matrix reference..

Heyy WRREBEL this is completely irrelevant and 100% off-topic, but I know you're pretty clever so I'll ask.

My son's birthday is on Jan. 3 and I got him Xbox Live (he's 9.) Can you think of a Browns related username? I cannot think of anything clever or cool lol.. thankss

I'm just sick of starting from scratch every 3-4 years. I just want to stick with a guy long term. Period. This changing of the guard routine needs to go.

imho, the front office is in place and you have a group of wisemen who have some great resumes and they'll be the ones who will be making the decisions from now on. i trust in guys like holmgren, haskel, heckert, etc. to make the right decisions. we've never had people like that in our front office since 99. that's the silver lining in this mess we now see. that makes me feel confident about the future. no one wants to start over, but you do what you have to do right now regardless of what happened prior to holmgren's heroes taking charge of browns hq. B)

I wish you guys would stop quoting WRREBEL, it defeats the purpose of the ignore function and having to read his drivel is a serious detriment to the quality of the forums.

This guy is by far the biggest baby on the board. Most people can just simply see the post and scroll there eyes down to the next one..

Pizzadelivery boy, congrats for winning the 2010 bitch of the year...

I want a coach that is the face of our franchise.

a coach that will be around for multiple years. 5 or more is preferable.

a coach that plays to win when we have nothing to play for

a coach that is willing to do anything to win.

People who aren't from the Cleveland area (or Ohio) don't understand. Sports are more than entertainment. They can unite a city, give a city hope. Championships are won for your team, for your city, for your home.

5-11, now 5-10, and a very bad day for coaching in Cleveland. This couldn't be any clearer: Mangini is gone.

Best guess has Holmgren and Haskell making McCoy the triggerman of a WCO, a great scenario that sure as hell isn't "starting over" given that both guys are already here. We need at least two very serious WRs who can get open like Green Bay's WCO WRs do. It'll happen: One in the first round, another in free agency.

The defense? Can't say for sure. But I feel pretty certain about Mangini heading out and the WCO heading in.

5-11, now 5-10, and a very bad day for coaching in Cleveland. This couldn't be any clearer: Mangini is gone.

Best guess has Holmgren and Haskell making McCoy the triggerman of a WCO, a great scenario that sure as hell isn't "starting over" given that both guys are already here. We need at least two very serious WRs who can get open like Green Bay's WCO WRs do. It'll happen: One in the first round, another in free agency.

The defense? Can't say for sure. But I feel pretty certain about Mangini heading out and the WCO heading in.

I wouldn't mind holmgren at all..

Our d worries me. I'm excited about ward and haden, but our dline and lbs need a whole new make over. Colman is old, bowen and barton should retire and trusnik should only be on special teams.

Didn't mention schaffering, he should be given the guys gatorade on the sideline

I wouldn't mind holmgren at all..

Our d worries me. I'm excited about ward and haden, but our dline and lbs need a whole new make over. Colman is old, bowen and barton should retire and trusnik should only be on special teams.

Didn't mention schaffering, he should be given the guys gatorade on the sideline

Ward, Elam, and Haden look very promising. What concerns me is the speed of our defense. I would looooooove to draft a linebacker like Dontay Moch from Nevada. Moch is 6'1", 245 lbs., and runs a 4.42.

One thing I hated about leading up to this game is Ray Lewis running his mouth and Hillis not saying anything.

To me it shows that lack of swagger for the team, i want some one who is cocky and will back it up.. If it was me, i would have said " well lewis USE to be a good LB 5 years ago"

Then I would have played like I WANTED to be on the field. I am not sure how hurt Hillis was but it seemed like Lewis really got into his head.

Our team plays with no swagger at all.

One thing I hated about leading up to this game is Ray Lewis running his mouth and Hillis not saying anything.

To me it shows that lack of swagger for the team, i want some one who is cocky and will back it up.. If it was me, i would have said " well lewis USE to be a good LB 5 years ago"

Then I would have played like I WANTED to be on the field. I am not sure how hurt Hillis was but it seemed like Lewis really got into his head.

Disagree. Hillis isn't that type. He went out there and was the better man and shut his mouth and just played. He was way more mature and non confrontational. Being passive isn't being weak.

Plus, Vickers is our team leader. Has been since 2006. And he was jawing at Ray the entire game.

Our team plays with the swagger of a cripple <--- thats from a song lol

And yes, I also wished Hillis would have said something in response to Lewis' comments, but I guess there are 2 ways you can view the situation.

1: Hillis needs to respond to Lewis and stick up for himself.

2: If Hillis responds, that just motivates Lewis to play that much harder. Giving the opponent extra motivation isn't good.

Disagree. Hillis isn't that type. He went out there and was the better man and shut his mouth and just played. He was way more mature and non confrontational. Being passive isn't being weak.

Plus, Vickers is our team leader. Has been since 2006. And he was jawing at Ray the entire game.

Ok i agree he shut his mouth, but did he play? To me it seemed like he didnt want to be out there..

YOU brought up a point about Vickers.. You saw him jawing at the begining of the game with Lewis right?

Tell me this, Lewis had like 5-8 guys surrounded him and Vickers was by himself. Why the phuck didnt any other browns have his back?

Ok i agree he shut his mouth, but did he play? To me it seemed like he didnt want to be out there..

YOU brought up a point about Vickers.. You saw him jawing at the begining of the game with Lewis right?

Tell me this, Lewis had like 5-8 guys surrounded him and Vickers was by himself. Why the phuck didnt any other browns have his back?

Cuz Vickers is prone to friendly fire :)

Watch this Hillis post game interview. This is an example of him being the bigger man.

http://www.clevelandbrowns.com/media-cente...94-210271ed50f4

You do realize that Hillis played the whole game with a back and rib injury, not to mention the knee injury that he just got over this week. I sorry the guy that is responsible for 50% of our offense has to play through injuries that most others would just sit out with. I would have honestly been more happy if Vickers had just shut his mouth and played the game. I would rather guys just shut up the other team with their play instead of firing back like a bunch of dip shits. If you want a team of jawing dicks then start rooting for the Bengals.

You do realize that Hillis played the whole game with a back and rib injury, not to mention the knee injury that he just got over this week. I sorry the guy that is responsible for 50% of our offense has to play through injuries that most others would just sit out with. I would have honestly been more happy if Vickers had just shut his mouth and played the game. I would rather guys just shut up the other team with their play instead of firing back like a bunch of dip shits. If you want a team of jawing dicks then start rooting for the Bengals.

I would also rather have guys who could shut guys up with there play.. my exact point.

I would also rather have guys who could shut guys up with there play.. my exact point.

But as where you want guys to mouth off before hand, I just want them to play, regardless of what was said about them or to them. Plus I also don't consider players quitters when they have reduced play when they are playing through an injury the received, an injury that we as normal people would get off work for which compared to football isn't shit.

But as where you want guys to mouth off before hand, I just want them to play, regardless of what was said about them or to them. Plus I also don't consider players quitters when they have reduced play when they are playing through an injury the received, an injury that we as normal people would get off work for which compared to football isn't shit.

I just wanted to see more energy out of our team. I like how haden carries himself on and off the field.

Our team plays with the swagger of a cripple <--- thats from a song lol

And yes, I also wished Hillis would have said something in response to Lewis' comments, but I guess there are 2 ways you can view the situation.

1: Hillis needs to respond to Lewis and stick up for himself.

2: If Hillis responds, that just motivates Lewis to play that much harder. Giving the opponent extra motivation isn't good.

or

3. Hillis decides to be the bigger man and lets his skill do the talking for him rather then stoop down to the same level that Lewis is on. He didn't even acknowledge lewis which in my book is better then saying na na im better then you are.

Yea, trash talking is nice but he's injured so why run your mouth if your not 100% sure you can back it up?

Archived