THE BROWNS BOARD

Ochocinco....

lodilobo

I heard that Ochocinco is not active for the rest of the season, and he won't be coming back to play for the Bengals. This is the guy we need to go after. He's still an excellent receiver, and while a lot of people may find him obnoxious, I think it is all in good fun. Anybody agree?....disagree?

I think you are talking about Terrell Owens. Bengals have a team option for Ochocinco and it would be stupid not to accept that

Nope....just heard this report on ESPN....WKNR. I wouldn't be interested in T.O.

Lots of talk that neither will be back and the Bengals will go WR in the draft.

I think Ocho is a pretty goodhearted guy with a ton of flair, unlike Owens who can be a full-on hateful prick when his chemistry's not right. If the Browns draft a WR first, and I think they will, they could do a lot worse than having Chad for a couple years to pair with him (Massoquoi in the slot).

I've said this many times- no interest in either Chad or TO. Assuming Mangini is back (and I think he will be) neither of these guys fit the type of player Eric wants. Owens is at the end of his career, and will want to cash in one last big payday before he retires- preferably with a playoff level team.

Ochocinco is a cocksucker. He cares more about the "swag" than winning. He and his 14 carat cleats do NOT need to come to Cleveland.

Amen,Hes a cancerouse malcontent who would only disrupt the focus and direction of this team.

I heard that Ochocinco is not active for the rest of the season, and he won't be coming back to play for the Bengals. This is the guy we need to go after. He's still an excellent receiver, and while a lot of people may find him obnoxious, I think it is all in good fun. Anybody agree?....disagree?

He would be miserable on the Browns. Better get ready to pay him a BUNCH of money because I'd wager he's going to want to go to a team in immediate contention, not a rebuild. I also love CJ. I'd take him on the Steelers in a second.

The NFL needs more players like 85, not less.

Absolutely. I am sure Goodell is just begging for more players who more than $100,000.

I don't care if Ochocinco is the best wideout in the league, he is a distraction to himself and his team.

Oh, and where was he when the Browns vs. Bengals game was blacked out last week?

I always love these statements. Fact is, you have no idea what the locker room is like.

He's a moron and yet another windbag in a long line of windbags on this website. He sees the sideline theatrics and the twitter stuff and assumes Johnson is a bad team mate. If he were such a distraction he would have been off the Bengals roster a long time ago. Granted the Bengals seem to tolerate more but from what I've read about the guy off the field all indications point towards him NOT being a distraction. In the end it's pointless to talk about. He's not going to play for the Browns.

I always love these statements. Fact is, you have no idea what the locker room is like.

Yeah, I can tell you know exactly what an NFL locker room is like.

Ochocinco truly does not care about winning. Watch the way he plays. I honestly believe that if Ochocinco goes out and displays his "swag" he would feel content with one more in the loss column.

God no! Ocho cinco is the biggest dueche in the league..

He woulld rather have his own reality show then play football. Plus what happens if he can't get the number 85 does he change his name again?

I don't really care for him but I don't think its fair to call him the biggest douche. He does do way to much trash talking but he also does work with inner city kids. I don't think he is a bad person off the field at all.

Ochocinco truly does not care about winning. Watch the way he plays. I honestly believe that if Ochocinco goes out and displays his "swag" he would feel content with one more in the loss column.

I've watched 85 a lot. He isn't afraid to go over the middle, has good hands, is a solid blocker in the run game, and has been one of the most consistent producers in the NFL since he came into the league. Just because you don't like some of his antics, doesn't make any of your claims true.

These are the most ridiculous replies ever.

You people see what you want to see.

Ocho hasn't done anything "cancerous" to his team. His exploits are off the field issues more often than not, and they are humorous and good-natured. His on the field issues are a distraction, but it's never something that's detrimental to the team and causes them to lose. He's not fighting, getting DUI's, raping women, ripping hand dryers off the walls, flipping his motorcycle in a parking lot, hitting pedestrians, being involved in murders, getting caught with guns, doing drugs, or anything of that nature. So he comes to his game in a gigantic truck or a Batmobile-like car. So what? On the field he gets touchdowns and plays hard. He doesn't take plays off like Randy Moss, he doesn't question his QB or his coach like TO. So he changes his name to OchoCinco. Big deal. What if he changed his name to "Bengals Fan" or "Team Player". Would that make everybody love him?

He's a charitable guy, who loves the spotlight. He's got a blue collar work ethic. That's the type of player Mangini brought in. To hate him because he partakes in some ridiculous, harmless stunts is just ridiculous.

And he can immediately improve our team, both on and off the field. But, obviously nobody cares about that.

xxxx you and your holier-than-thou attitudes.

You're an idiot if you actually believe any of that.

Stop using the word swag, you sound like a xxxxing moron.

These are the most ridiculous replies ever.

You people see what you want to see.

Ocho hasn't done anything "cancerous" to his team. His exploits are off the field issues more often than not, and they are humorous and good-natured. His on the field issues are a distraction, but it's never something that's detrimental to the team and causes them to lose. He's not fighting, getting DUI's, raping women, ripping hand dryers off the walls, flipping his motorcycle in a parking lot, hitting pedestrians, being involved in murders, getting caught with guns, doing drugs, or anything of that nature. So he comes to his game in a gigantic truck or a Batmobile-like car. So what? On the field he gets touchdowns and plays hard. He doesn't take plays off like Randy Moss, he doesn't question his QB or his coach like TO. So he changes his name to OchoCinco. Big deal. What if he changed his name to "Bengals Fan" or "Team Player". Would that make everybody love him?

He's a charitable guy, who loves the spotlight. He's got a blue collar work ethic. That's the type of player Mangini brought in. To hate him because he partakes in some ridiculous, harmless stunts is just ridiculous.

And he can immediately improve our team, both on and off the field. But, obviously nobody cares about that.

xxxx you and your holier-than-thou attitudes.

Hes a self pontificating douchebag...nuff said

Hes a self pontificating douchebag...nuff said

Considering that's only an objective view. I'm sure Bengal fans don't feel the same way.

xxxx you, you'd love him if he played for us, but you're too much of a pussy to admit it. Get off your high horse, dick.

Considering that's only an objective view. I'm sure Bengal fans don't feel the same way.

xxxx you, you'd love him if he played for us, but you're too much of a pussy to admit it. Get off your high horse, dick.

ummm no dickhead I dont want him within 10 miles of this team...hes a prima donna no thanks , hes a freakin side show...hes a pussy...I dont want him...He acts like hes bigger than the game...I want team players...not asshole twig fcuks that act like they know it all.

ummm no dickhead I dont want him within 10 miles of this team...hes a prima donna no thanks , hes a freakin side show...hes a pussy...I dont want him...He acts like hes bigger than the game...I want team players...not asshole twig fcuks that act like they know it all.

And those are just generalized statements because you don't like him.

Fact is, you can't find one video of him not trying. One instance of him taking a play off. And you can believe it would be well documented, because everybody wants to hate on him. You're a bandwagon hater, and that's just immature.

He's a "side show" that's made it to the Pro Bowl six times. He's a sideshow that has 10,000+ yards and 69 TD's. Consider the fact that, since 2005, the entire stable of Browns receivers have accounted for 75 TDs, and that's helped heavily by Braylon Edwards' 16 TD season.

He's a sideshow that never brought his gun on a plane (Shaun Rodgers, Robaire Smith), that never hit and killed a pedestrian while driving drunk (Donte Stallworth), that never got put on IR for flipping his bike doing wheelies in a parking lot (Kellen Winslow Jr), that never had a penalty that lost his team the game (Dwayne Rudd), that never publicly stated his relief on being traded from Cleveland (Braylon Edwards).

None of his antics are detrimental to the team. It's not the 1960's anymore. Players are going to celebrate, and every player jaws before, during and after a game. It's about finding one that doesn't do anything more than that. The reason none of our players talk trash, or talk about how good they are is because they aren't good. They can't talk trash, then they'd look stupid.

The reason none of our players talk trash, or talk about how good they are is because they aren't good. They can't talk trash, then they'd look stupid.

Yeah that's why. Josh Cribbs isn't good. He's only the best kick returner of ALL-TIME. Peyton Hillis isn't that good either. He's only the first white RB in 25 years to rush for 1,000 yards. Joe Haden sucks too. He isn't in the hunt for Defensive Rookie of the Year or anything.

Yeah that's why. Josh Cribbs isn't good. He's only the best kick returner of ALL-TIME. Peyton Hillis isn't that good either. He's only the first white RB in 25 years to rush for 1,000 yards. Joe Haden sucks too. He isn't in the hunt for Defensive Rookie of the Year or anything.

You misunderstood me. The team isn't good. You don't hear Ocho talking much trash right now that the Bengals are garbage, do you?

Even still, one's a kick returner. One is a "white runningback". And the other is a rookie CB. None of them are #1 WR's, and the #1 WR spot is the "star" spot on the roster.

Josh Cribbs can talk all the trash he wants, he does hold the record for career returns. He's a special teams maven. He can strut his stuff up and down main street. But he doesn't. And you know why? Because unfortunately, most people don't care about special teams. They don't realize the tremendous importance of it. Cribbs is the best KR in the league (not this season), but he's at best a 4th WR.

And, after one breakout season as KR last season, Josh Cribbs was ready to walk out on the Browns because he felt they were undercutting him (which they were, to a great degree). Even so, he cleaned out his locker and said he wouldn't step foot in there again.

As for Peyton Hillis, he's got two knocks against him. For one, you nailed it in your statement. He's a "white runningback". He's constantly being called a great "white runningback". But there's not a "white runningback" spot on the list for Pro Bowls or Hall of Fame ballots. There's just a runningback spot. He's tough as nails and he is easily my favorite Brown, and I think he'll be a great runningback no matter what his skin color. But right now nobody is looking at him as a runningback, they only look at him as a gimmick, a stop-gap. A fullback lined up at RB. Never have I seen a highlight of him, or heard him being talked about on ESPN and someone not mention the fact that he's white. This shouldn't matter. They should only be talking about his play on the field. But they don't, because he's not making headlines as a runningback. He's making headlines as a Czonk throwback. The other thing is that this is essentially his rookie season. One good season under his belt, in which he's iffy on making the Pro Bowl. And this applies for Haden, and Ward too. They're rookies. Yeah, they'll be good. But they're not talking trash because they're still FNG's. We'll see how it is a couple years down the road, when Haden and Ward are perennial Pro Bowlers. I'll bet they won't be so quiet during the week.

Face it, the WR position is the spotlight position as of late. It's the premier diva spot. And like I said before, I'd much rather have my diva WR getting in trouble for Tweeting than getting arrested for DUI's or possession.

Who's to say AJ Green, or Julio Jones, or Alshon Jefffery (in a couple years) won't be the next stable of Randy Moss's, T.O's and Vincent Jackson's?

And those are just generalized statements because you don't like him.

Fact is, you can't find one video of him not trying. One instance of him taking a play off. And you can believe it would be well documented, because everybody wants to hate on him. You're a bandwagon hater, and that's just immature.

He's a "side show" that's made it to the Pro Bowl six times. He's a sideshow that has 10,000+ yards and 69 TD's. Consider the fact that, since 2005, the entire stable of Browns receivers have accounted for 75 TDs, and that's helped heavily by Braylon Edwards' 16 TD season.

He's a sideshow that never brought his gun on a plane (Shaun Rodgers, Robaire Smith), that never hit and killed a pedestrian while driving drunk (Donte Stallworth), that never got put on IR for flipping his bike doing wheelies in a parking lot (Kellen Winslow Jr), that never had a penalty that lost his team the game (Dwayne Rudd), that never publicly stated his relief on being traded from Cleveland (Braylon Edwards).

None of his antics are detrimental to the team. It's not the 1960's anymore. Players are going to celebrate, and every player jaws before, during and after a game. It's about finding one that doesn't do anything more than that. The reason none of our players talk trash, or talk about how good they are is because they aren't good. They can't talk trash, then they'd look stupid.

Thank you for making My case for Me...youre a Retard...Keep up the slick posts...your showing everyone one a one trick simple minded pony you are.

Thank you for making My case for Me...youre a Retard...Keep up the slick posts...your showing everyone one a one trick simple minded pony you are.

So your case is that Haden and Ward will eventually trash talk, Josh Cribbs bitched about a contract when Ocho never has, and that Ocho is the best FA WR available assuming the Bengals don't bring him back?

Oh, see I thought we were on opposite sides.

You're a moron. Go back to posting on ESPN boards, where you're clearly king of the castle. In the land of the blind, the man with one eye is king.

Archived