THE BROWNS BOARD

Harbaugh praises Mangini and Browns

peterbell

I know I am in the minority but I hope we keep Mangini. There are concerns but over all this team is getting better. There is not a coach out there that will turn this team into a winner any faster then Mangini. We change coaches again and you will hear " This will take a while give me 2-3 years"! Bring in a new OC and let the growing continue.

I said the same in the draft pick thread. Get a new head coach and you only stunt the process.

In spite of my extreme dislike of the Ravens, I cannot help but like Harbaugh. He just seems like a class act. If it doesn't work out with Mangini, I'd like to see Harbaugh's brother here. Though, I suppose that's an unlikely fit.

Wouldnt fit at all, he isnt originally from OH.....

In spite of my extreme dislike of the Ravens, I cannot help but like Harbaugh. He just seems like a class act. If it doesn't work out with Mangini, I'd like to see Harbaugh's brother here. Though, I suppose that's an unlikely fit.

Really? He's anything but usually and whines and cries with the best of them. I can't stand the guy and I'd say the same if I weren't a diehard Steeler fan. The guys is a piece of work in a bad way.

While Mangini has some blame of his own to share, the players aren't exactly executing. Watch any game last week and you'll see offensive lines driving the defensive front. Meanwhile we have a line that's getting stood up. It's silly to listen to y'all remain indignant that somehow the blame falls all on Mangini. It doesn't fall squarely on anyone. The only legitimate question is what does Holmgren think. I wouldnt be surprised or confused by either outcome and neither should any of you. I'm taking a break here because the hysteria to axe the coach is short-sighted and narrow. There are still more problems than just "he went for three when my balls itched for seven!". Do we axe Heckert because he refused to shore up the WR position? I am bracing for impact. I suggest you all do the same by trying to accept an outcome opposite of what you want because, simply put, we don't count in the decision.

People can scream that its bad talent all they want

speaking of talent, during the 09 season, who was it that brought his buddy in (kokinis) so he could control the gm position? mangini. who was it that traded for or signed average to below average ny jets players to the browns roster? mangini. who was it that drafted people like mo mass, brian robo, kaluika maiava (sp?), david vekuine(sp?) etc.? mangini (most of the players that people complain about were brought here by mangini). who was it that told heckert he would do fine with robo, cribbs and mo mass as wrs? mangini.

{remember, holmgren said they would get mangini whatever he wanted and they wouldn't force any players on him. it was mangini's decision not to get any wrs in the draft or free agency}

mangini brought kokinis in to be a puppet like everybody else he brought in. hell, kokinis didn't even know be was traded until he saw it on espn (this was reported in the plain dealer). and no, i'm not saying be shouldn't have been traded. my point is that the gm didn't even know about the trade because mangini was really the gm and kokinis was just the figure head. mangini came here trying to run it all. he could've done what holmgren did and brought in proven vets that he could potentially build a dynasty with. but instead, mangini brought in underlings that he could control. a proven vet would't have went for that crap.

oh, i'm sure people will try and dispute what i've posted with their emotionally fueled, homerish "logic". but at the end of the day, holmgren's heroes will be deciding the fate of eric mangini. and you can best believe they won't be making a decision from the perspective of a browns fan who wants to keep the coaching staff in tact just because they're tired of starting over.

technically, the browns won't be staring over. the front office will remain untouched. and the members of the browns fo don't care about what happened prior to them taking over the browns. their decision will be based on whatever they think is the best move for the future of the browns. whatever they decide, i'm sure they'll have a good reason for it.

i love when people indirectly admit i'm right by their response. every response i've recieved from someone like you never has a valid arguement against any of the things i've posted. just your blind love. good luck with that.

You ignore every thing anybody brings up. Why should I waste my breath by repeating the things that you have ignored. You have a few arguments that are indeed valid but no coach is perfect. You fail to look at the big picture (brutal schedule, obvious improvement, disciplined team, etc.) and zero in on wins and losses as your main barometer of success. Eventually that will be a valid discussion but not in year 2 of a total rebuild. Honestly, you guys that are expecting a coach to be perfect are going to be sorely disappointed for a long long time. Simply put, we are never going to agree so why continue to argue? For future reference however, when talking about people using only homeristic emotion when speaking on the Mangini side of the argument, you may want to avoid showing so much homeristic emotion on the flip side. You come off as a giant hypocrite. Holmgren's heroes? I feel embarrassed for you every time I read that.

Archived