THE BROWNS BOARD

My thought on Colt

DawgEatSteel

Brian Sipe,Frank Ryan and Kosar didnt have the strongest arms in the world but they were accurate...I'll take that over some bomb throwining nincompoop like DA any damn day!

Would you also call Brady and Manning nincompoops because of their arm strength? Arm strength is not only about throwing bombs its also getting the ball into tight windows fast. I did not say Colt wasn't accurate or a smart qb, I just don't think those qualities outweigh his lack of arm strength in this division.

/

No thanks. I like 3-4 win seasons.....

Carolina won't trade. They're not stupid. They'll trade Clausen....

They sure will, and get a sack of seeds and a couple cans of Campbell's Chunky Vegetable for him. Kid has all the makings of another epic Notre Dame bust.

I did not say Colt wasn't accurate or a smart qb, I just don't think those qualities outweigh his lack of arm strength in this division.

Oh well .. might as well just keep drafting quarterbacks, because McCoy isn't a prototypical quarterback. What idiots the organization is for drafting him in the first place. Obviously he's shown how terrible he is after a handful of games against good defenses in his rookie year. No chance he'll improve or prove himself with more experience and better receivers. We all might as well slit our wrists, toss a few more picks away on QBs, and resume the status quo.

Were some of you watching the same game I was yesterday? I saw a rookie qb that took a hellacious beating from one of the top defenses in the NFL (for two weeks straight) and kept on playing. I also saw a team around him that dropped two touchdown passes and tipped another into the hands of fore mentioned defense. I saw an offensive line and running backs that blocked like a pop warner team. I also saw a WR that was so suprised he caught the ball that he almost forgot to run after the catch. I saw only a few players that actually acted like they wanted to be there. One being the rookie quarterback known as Colt McCoy. There were times yesterday (as few as there were) that Colt threw the ball in tight space with a lot of zip. Wake up folks...8 games is hardly enough to say Colt McCoy is another draft bust. But of course...we pick up the pitchforks and torches yet again because we can't see that 20 out of 22 players didn't come to play. Then we wonder why the Steelers fans taunt us week in and week out.

Would you also call Brady and Manning nincompoops because of their arm strength? Arm strength is not only about throwing bombs its also getting the ball into tight windows fast. I did not say Colt wasn't accurate or a smart qb, I just don't think those qualities outweigh his lack of arm strength in this division.

McCoy can get the ball into tight windows fast. I've seen him do it plenty of times. Have you even watched him play? His arm strength issues people cite are inaccurate, fluttering deep balls. I've heard announcers praise his "zip" on the throws out to the sideline.

There is no way luck makes it to 6 and trading up wont be possible as we need to many pieces, plus colt should do fine he needs time to develop afterall the kid was slammed in against some badass teams and held his own quite well until the mangenuis tried to save his job by having colt do what he hasnt been properly groomed for..

Colt deserves a year to fine tune under a real OC that knows and appreciates a decent QB..

I see a lot of Brian Sipe in Colt... Smart, tough mobile and a natural leader.

Doesn't have a cannon, but remember the quick slant to Moore in front of Rivas island? Strong enough.

The kid's a winner. Give him some tools and some time.

It really helps Colt that the Browns are going to the WCO. Why? Because Mallett is a Big Ben clone, or maybe Flacco, not a WCO type. McCoy seems born for it.

You watch the Sugar Bowl? Mallet is a DA clone. Immobile, Locks on receivers, Slow release, didn't go through progressions or look off DBs. Don't spooge yourself about his height and RPMs.

Nice misread on the zone blitz that cost Arkansas the game.

ESPN has him (justifiably) the the 30s range assuming he come out.

Archived