THE BROWNS BOARD

Out of control fans at games

wvbrowns

I'm normally not one to whine about fan behavior at games. I've been a season ticket holder for years and wear a radio headset to the games so I'm normally in my own world. But yesterday was terrible. I had a fat ass Steeler fan on my right and a very, very drunken vulgar browns fan to our left. They apparently thought everyone in our section bought tickets to be entertained by them. The drunk guy said "f___" more times than Tony Montana in Scarface. He constantly leaned over us bumping into us with his beer sloshing around so he could yell at the Steeler fans beside and behind us. I eventually had to start pushing him out of our face. Leaving the game, otherwise normal looking women yelling F you to Steeler fans.

I understand you're bound to hear some bad language at an NFL game but yesterday was over the top. Maybe cause we got beat so bad but it was worse than I've ever experienced in Cleveland. Really disappointing because I enjoy bringing my family to games but hate to have to wade through that kind of garbage.

Hey, by chance were you sitting in section 341 (about Row: 9)? I swear that same description (two clowns thinking they were the show, but were just obnoxious) was going on there.

I was in 129, Row 111 and we had the most obnoxious Steeler fans around us. Our scenario sounds like it was pretty similar to yours. I'm glad my wife and son weren't with me because if they were I would have talked to an usher and requested a seat change.

This is the kind of thing that is giving us the reputation of being West Philly or East Oakland.

It's got to stop.... and Roo, if they buy a ticket, they have as much right to be there as anyone else.

Quit talking dumb.

This is the kind of thing that is giving us the reputation of being West Philly or East Oakland.

It's got to stop.... and Roo, if they buy a ticket, they have as much right to be there as anyone else.

Quit talking dumb.

Have you ever been to Heinz field? They treat Browns fans the same.

It's going to happen and will continue to happen at every NFL stadium whenever a rival is playing and there is fans from that rival team.

and Roo, if they buy a ticket, they have as much right to be there as anyone else.

Фпкуувю

Ерфеэы еру щту ерштп Ш дшлу иуееук шт сщддупу ерфт еру ТАДю Еру Афты ыууь ещ иу ьгср ьщку акшутвдн шт сщддупу ифддб фе дуфые ше ыууьы ерфе цфн шт еру ЫУСю

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Oh, damn I'm sorry, disregard that ^. I am a member of a Russian hockey forum and I forgot to change the language back to English lol..

but yeah Ballpeen, thats the one thing I like more about NCAA ball than the NFL. NCAA ball is a much more fan friendly environment than the NFL, well, at least in the SEC it is.

I attended the Seahawks Browns game in 2007. Some fans were decent and polite, others were pretty obnoxious and mean and violent. I was taken aback. Just because I had a Seahawks coat on. I learned some Seahawks fans at that game even had their vehicles vandalized.

I like the Browns, but the Seahawks are my favorite team. I would like to attend the game in Cleveland in the 2011 season, but would I have to go incognito (aka no Seahawks gear) and sit on my hands the whole time? Geez.

Hey, by chance were you sitting in section 341 (about Row: 9)? I swear that same description (two clowns thinking they were the show, but were just obnoxious) was going on there.

Yep. Row 11. They were on each side of me and my dad. The only saving grace was the drunk guy left midway through the 2nd quarter and never came back and the Steeler guy piped down cause nobody else wanted to act like an idiot with him. I figured the drunk guy either ended up in jail or thrown in the lake. I switched my dad seats so I could push the drunk guy out of our face and my dad could try to enjoy the game (although it wasn't a very enjoyable game).

And like I said, I'm not a G rated guy. I can handle some cussing. I certainly appreciate some standing and yelling but these guys were intolerable. Totally ruined the first hour of the game. Rooting hard is one thing. Screaming F bombs into your neighbors ear (yes right into it) while spraying them with drunken slobber, holding your beer over someone's head beside you, putting your arm around the guy next to you like you're on your couch, jumping up every 20 seconds and falling into the guy next to you, and generally trying to entertain a whole section by being a vulgar jerkoff is too much. If that guy had dumped that beer over me or my dads head, he was going down the stairs. He was right at the end of the row and I had it all mapped out in my head. He was so drunk, he couldn't have kicked Heidi's ass.

I defend any opposing fan who isn't acting foolish....and rooting for your team isn't foolish behavior.

Not that I can do much anymore....I went to my first Browns game in 55...or was it 54?? Anyway, I have been around the block a few times and some newbie fan who thinks games are about getting shithammered and "defending turf" have another thing coming.

They can beat up on me if the want....or can, but I'll be damned if I just pass by someone wearing a Green or Gold, or whatever jersey being hassled but a dork wearing a Browns Jersey.

Punks are punks, they come in all colors....and yes, more and more of them seem to wear brown.

"Shrug"

The big problem here is the timing of the game coupled with the crappy performance by the team.

I have 16 seats at the stadium. I sell many, use a lot for work and go to almost every game. What happens late in the year when they are bad is obvious: the value of the tickets goes down. When I approach customers to give the tix to, they don't want them. The owners and managers simply don't want to waste the time to go sit in the cold for a crappy product.

After a little searching, the tickets usually go to someone's son or some lower level workers who then go to the game as an excuse to get hammered on a Sunday. There is definitely a more sophmoric feel to these games. It becomes more about the drinking than the game. And, this is the result. You get people down there you don't want to be around. Belligerent drunks = no fun.

I really think this plays as big a role in fans leaving the stadium as does the bad game. Why would you want to sit in the cold to be around idiot drunks for a crap game?

The big problem here is the timing of the game coupled with the crappy performance by the team.

I have 16 seats at the stadium. I sell many, use a lot for work and go to almost every game. What happens late in the year when they are bad is obvious: the value of the tickets goes down. When I approach customers to give the tix to, they don't want them. The owners and managers simply don't want to waste the time to go sit in the cold for a crappy product.

After a little searching, the tickets usually go to someone's son or some lower level workers who then go to the game as an excuse to get hammered on a Sunday. There is definitely a more sophmoric feel to these games. It becomes more about the drinking than the game. And, this is the result. You get people down there you don't want to be around. Belligerent drunks = no fun.

I really think this plays as big a role in fans leaving the stadium as does the bad game. Why would you want to sit in the cold to be around idiot drunks for a crap game?

Pretty good summary Squintz, I agree with all of that.

All BS aside on this board and elsewhere, there is a certain element of behavior that should be upheld. This is just a game, plain and simple.

I disagree.

This whole defend your turf stuff is no different than gang like behavior.

What's wrong with you people???

Seriously

I wasn't condoning or condemning the behavior, I was simply responding to your comment "West Philly "East Oakland", because it happens in the majority of NFL stadiums when a rival team is playing.

I would argue Soldier field is much worse from what I've seen/heard.

steelers fans don't deserve to be in our stadium, they deserve to be treated like crap so they don't come back. They are not welcome.

Well My Brother in law bought hs Tickets FROM A Cleveland Season Ticket Holder. Seats worth like $75 for $20 wow.... Thats you guys fans selling out man. If thats the Case WE BELONG Anywhere dumb enough to Sell us tickets !

Well My Brother in law bought hs Tickets FROM A Cleveland Season Ticket Holder. Seats worth like $75 for $20 wow.... Thats you guys fans selling out man. If thats the Case WE BELONG Anywhere dumb enough to Sell us tickets !

You're a true dipshit

I have been to Heinz Field once. It was a Thursday night game in i think 2006. Browns lost 27-7. The seats were good as I splurged and got some tix from an online broker a few days before the game. My

friend and I had on our Browns colors. I was sporting my Browns leather jacket. Never did we get anything but good natured ribbing from the fans. One slightly over-served fan got in my face and demanded

know where I got the "orange leather" on my jacket...but that was nothing. At the start of the second half we watched the action from a concourse. No kidding, I actually had a few fans come up to me to say

they felt bad for Browns fans with what we have had to deal with and whatnot. To beat all, one fan actually bought me a beer. I figured he dropped some pubes or some other disgusting substance in it so i game it to my

pal . The experience really changed my perception of Steeler fan. Even though I direct some crazy smack towards them on this board I have to admit that not all of them are inbred, false teeth

wearing, double wide trailor living rubes. Since then, they have begrudgingly earned some respect from me. (admin, please don't 86 me from the board)

I have been to Heinz Field once. It was a Thursday night game in i think 2006. Browns lost 27-7. The seats were good as I splurged and got some tix from an online broker a few days before the game. My

friend and I had on our Browns colors. I was sporting my Browns leather jacket. Never did we get anything but good natured ribbing from the fans. One slightly over-served fan got in my face and demanded

know where I got the "orange leather" on my jacket...but that was nothing. At the start of the second half we watched the action from a concourse. No kidding, I actually had a few fans come up to me to say

they felt bad for Browns fans with what we have had to deal with and whatnot. To beat all, one fan actually bought me a beer. I figured he dropped some pubes or some other disgusting substance in it so i game it to my

pal . The experience really changed my perception of Steeler fan. Even though I direct some crazy smack towards them on this board I have to admit that not all of them are inbred, false teeth

wearing, double wide trailor living rubes. Since then, they have begrudgingly earned some respect from me. (admin, please don't 86 me from the board)

Every team has good fans and bad fans. What sucks is you only hear about the bad ones and not the good ones just like with everything else in life.

I just dont understand how these trolls can assume we are all the same type of fans when in reality they have just as many bad fans as we do no matter what team they root for. It's almost like they feel they are better then us and think we all deserve to be profiled.

In reality anyone of those drunk Browns fans might of been fine until they came to the Browns Board and read all of the negative things these trolls write about the team and the personal attacks on us then decided that he would hate every steeler fan they come across all because of what these trolls write.

Once again the trolls blame us for being intolerant and "bad fans" when they are the ones starting shyt. No wonder the squeelers have so many bandwagon fans, they all get to have they're cake and eat it to just like every other narcissistic person on this planet.

I can honestly see it going down like this at the game

Steeler fan..... yells profanity towards a family of Browns fans for the whole game and tells the father of a 14 year old girl they want to rape the slut in the parking lot after the game (it's been said on here before by a squeeler troll so why not in real life)?

Browns fan..... Warns steeler fan that if he doesn't shut up he will knock him out

Steelers fan.... Keeps running his mouth and has now said what sexual things he would like to do to the mans wife and young daughter after the game.

Browns fan.... Gets up and knocks out steeler fan.

Steeler fan..... First wakes up and uses his mental gymnastic skills to convince himself he did nothing wrong and never said anything like that. Then he crys rape and tells the police how more class he and his buddies have then the family of Browns fans and they all say it was an unprovoked attack.

When it's all said and done the Father gets arrested and makes front page news for provoking a fight at the game with a squeeler fan and they fail to mention that he was only protecting his family.

I'm normally not one to whine about fan behavior at games. I've been a season ticket holder for years and wear a radio headset to the games so I'm normally in my own world. But yesterday was terrible. I had a fat ass Steeler fan on my right and a very, very drunken vulgar browns fan to our left. They apparently thought everyone in our section bought tickets to be entertained by them. The drunk guy said "f___" more times than Tony Montana in Scarface. He constantly leaned over us bumping into us with his beer sloshing around so he could yell at the Steeler fans beside and behind us. I eventually had to start pushing him out of our face. Leaving the game, otherwise normal looking women yelling F you to Steeler fans.

I understand you're bound to hear some bad language at an NFL game but yesterday was over the top. Maybe cause we got beat so bad but it was worse than I've ever experienced in Cleveland. Really disappointing because I enjoy bringing my family to games but hate to have to wade through that kind of garbage.

The worst Browns game I have been to was almost my last. It was Browns vs. Squeelers at home in Ohio... Hurricane winds and still a great tailgate!!! I nearly got assaulted in the bathroom by browns fans! (They all had to poop I guess...) I just wanted to have a smoke. It was awful. The Browns fan behind us climbed down at one point and started shoving the Stooler fans in front of me.... They were like 16 year old kids and their mother was right there. We got that guy outta there asap. I felt great when the game began... pretty shitty when it ended, and not just because of the team.

Also I think I win, I was assaulted by Browns fans in early 2008 while wearing a Quinn jersey, in the bathrooms for trying to use a stall. It almost got ugly. (I can make things really ugly, you should see a pic of me!) woof woof woof all it all it was a shitty time after I got there.

Yep. Row 11. They were on each side of me and my dad. The only saving grace was the drunk guy left midway through the 2nd quarter and never came back and the Steeler guy piped down cause nobody else wanted to act like an idiot with him. I figured the drunk guy either ended up in jail or thrown in the lake. I switched my dad seats so I could push the drunk guy out of our face and my dad could try to enjoy the game (although it wasn't a very enjoyable game).

And like I said, I'm not a G rated guy. I can handle some cussing. I certainly appreciate some standing and yelling but these guys were intolerable. Totally ruined the first hour of the game. Rooting hard is one thing. Screaming F bombs into your neighbors ear (yes right into it) while spraying them with drunken slobber, holding your beer over someone's head beside you, putting your arm around the guy next to you like you're on your couch, jumping up every 20 seconds and falling into the guy next to you, and generally trying to entertain a whole section by being a vulgar jerkoff is too much. If that guy had dumped that beer over me or my dads head, he was going down the stairs. He was right at the end of the row and I had it all mapped out in my head. He was so drunk, he couldn't have kicked Heidi's ass.

What a coincidence. I saw the whole thing. I was on the other Isle just beyond the Steeler fan in section 342, Row 15. Roach, Sperk & my wife were in Row 12. Those are our season tickets. I had my 9yr old daughter with me in our seats, but she handles herself pretty well growing up with four teenagers in the house and she has attended many Cleveland Spoirting events with us.

Don't discount the Steeler asshole, he actually started it all IMO. He first kept rising to his feet turning to the crowd and boasting. Hell, he engaged in arguements with many walking up the isle and continued trash-talking to the people as they took their seats much higher. Then I noticed the drunk Browns fan who thought he was funny, but was just an ass. I considered having some words with the Steeler asshole. I had it planned as well, if I was coming or going in the isle and that jerkoff said anything to me or my family I was gonna go off.

I feel for ya though. I actually thought about the people (you) sitting next to that idiot and wondered if you were with him. Now knowing that you weren't, it had to take a lot of tolerance to keep from slamming that loser back into his seat.

If your in those searts next season, look us up.

I think you would enjoy our tailgate parties. We straight out explain in the description of our party that if you want to be with a rowdy crowd and spill beer down your face, then we aren't the party to attend (see Muni Lot). We have a good time, have some drinks, even toast a time or twelve, but it is about the camaraderie and having a pregame meal and settle in downtown before the game. We allow in opposing fans and host people from all over the planet, but typically we do have an unwritten rule that we don't welcome Steeler fans because … well, you know (smelly, ugly, greasy, obnoxious …).

When our party is over, every beer can, paper plate, and napkin is secured away in a trash bin or bag. The fire is put out properly and charcoal disposed of. I cannot believe what I see of other parking lots that we may walk through on the way to the games, which are just littered with debris and filth, broken glass, and whatnot. These are the same assholes that only attend for the drinking and watch barely a lick of football.

Every team has good fans and bad fans. What sucks is you only hear about the bad ones and not the good ones just like with everything else in life.

I just dont understand how these trolls can assume we are all the same type of fans when in reality they have just as many bad fans as we do no matter what team they root for. It's almost like they feel they are better then us and think we all deserve to be profiled.

In reality anyone of those drunk Browns fans might of been fine until they came to the Browns Board and read all of the negative things these trolls write about the team and the personal attacks on us then decided that he would hate every steeler fan they come across all because of what these trolls write.

Once again the trolls blame us for being intolerant and "bad fans" when they are the ones starting shyt. No wonder the squeelers have so many bandwagon fans, they all get to have they're cake and eat it to just like every other narcissistic person on this planet.

I can honestly see it going down like this at the game

Steeler fan..... yells profanity towards a family of Browns fans for the whole game and tells the father of a 14 year old girl they want to rape the slut in the parking lot after the game (it's been said on here before by a squeeler troll so why not in real life)?

Browns fan..... Warns steeler fan that if he doesn't shut up he will knock him out

Steelers fan.... Keeps running his mouth and has now said what sexual things he would like to do to the mans wife and young daughter after the game.

Browns fan.... Gets up and knocks out steeler fan.

Steeler fan..... First wakes up and uses his mental gymnastic skills to convince himself he did nothing wrong and never said anything like that. Then he crys rape and tells the police how more class he and his buddies have then the family of Browns fans and they all say it was an unprovoked attack.

When it's all said and done the Father gets arrested and makes front page news for provoking a fight at the game with a squeeler fan and they fail to mention that he was only protecting his family.

This is the type of scenario I usually see when it comes to Steelers fans. I've been to many of Browns games and it's usually the Steelers fans that have started shit! Now, on the other hand I've been to games where I've talked to Steelers fans where we had some good natured ribbing and that was that, so not all of their fans are bad. It is funny though that most of the crap that goes down is with them. Then again we have our share douchebag fans too. There are bad fans everywhere. My philosophy is simple: don't start no shit, won't be no shit! You want to come here and cheer for your team? Fine! It's a free country, you paid for your ticket. Just know to expect some taunting, and if you're smart enough to realize that you are in fact outnumbered, and you're gonna hear it, more times than not you'll be OK. If something goes down, handle your business or if you can't call a cop! But, if you come here talking shit, being a royal dickhead, then I have no sympathy for you. You reep what you sow! Come at me with some mistake of the lake BS and the other childish insults about our city, and you're likely to be missing some teeth. I'm not one to throw beer on an opposing fan, nor am I one to get drunk and become belligerent, because chances are I paid good money for my ticket and actually... oh I don't know... want to watch the game. But I will not put up with bullshit! That goes for our own fans too.

Its like this in EVERY stadium. It's really bad anymore. ALCOHOL brings out the worst in people! The majority of fans (both teams) try to get to the parking lots 8 hour before game time and drink theirselves stupid! I used to take my son to pro football games when he was younger, but stopped because I would have eventually killed someone for their behaviors around him. You can't even ask them kindly to quit cussing or to calm down without them wanting to flex their beer muscles.

Three years ago in Cleveland I had an obnoxious Brown's drunk in front of me picking on 2 teenage Steeler fans all game. He was going to whip their asses all over Cleveland like the Browns were doing to the Steelers. He was a complete asshole and even some of the Browns fans were getting tired of his crap. It finally got to the point that I spoke up and told the "kids" in front of him that when they left I would walk out with them and he could deal with me first. I really think they could have handled the drunk themselves. Needless to say after Ben took the Steelers up for good and the clock was running down, he was nowhere to be found.

Then we have last year and this year where the majority of the Browns fans around me were fairly nice. Hell both years I had quite a few drinks and conversations with them in the bars prior. I guess my point is that you just can't classify all of a team's fans as bad or good. We all have our assholes!!!

steelers fans don't deserve to be in our stadium, they deserve to be treated like crap so they don't come back. They are not welcome.

We need to start winning so these yuppies/corporate seats actually attend the game instead of selling on ebay or stubhub. The hardcore fans will attend regardless of our record, but it seems too many put their tickets up for sale far too often.

FWIW, I've attended Browns road games in Buffalo, St. Louis, & Indy, and have always had a blast. I've never been treated rudely, despite wearing Browns gear.

My brother-in-law (huge Steeler fan) in Pittsburgh says he wants me to go to a game with him in Heinz Field, but says I better not wear my Browns stuff. I won't go anyhow, it's against my religion, but that sucks to get that kind of warning. I also agree, there are asshole Browns fans in CBS.....it's great to have friendly trash-talk banter, but no need to get violent about it.

We need to start winning so these yuppies/corporate seats actually attend the game instead of selling on ebay or stubhub. The hardcore fans will attend regardless of our record, but it seems too many put their tickets up for sale far too often.

FWIW, I've attended Browns road games in Buffalo, St. Louis, & Indy, and have always had a blast. I've never been treated rudely, despite wearing Browns gear.

My brother-in-law (huge Steeler fan) in Pittsburgh says he wants me to go to a game with him in Heinz Field, but says I better not wear my Browns stuff. I won't go anyhow, it's against my religion, but that sucks to get that kind of warning. I also agree, there are asshole Browns fans in CBS.....it's great to have friendly trash-talk banter, but no need to get violent about it.

I was in Buffalo back in 1996 for Cleveland Browns fan appreciation day. In fact that was the day my wife and I started dating. :) Was treated well, aside from some knucklehead who decided to throw a shoulder at me walking past me in the parking lot heading back to the bus. Had my girl not been with me, and being 23 at the time we probably would have had an issue. Other than that no issues. I make it a point when I go to the state of PA to wear something representing Cleveland, and have been to an Indians-Pirates game at the old Three Rivers, and did get some ribbing, but nothing major. In fact when I mentioned to them how their Steelers got demolished by the Dallas Cowboys the day before, it pretty much shut them up. All in all it was in good fun. Now, I absolutely would not attend a Browns-Steelers game at Heinz Field. Why put myself in the position and run the risk of getting into some bullshit? It's ashame that it is that way, but it isn't worth the risk.

Archived