THE BROWNS BOARD

Justin Blackmon

dawgpound3

I don't know man. Cincy wants him, but if we can't get him, I would still be content with Julio Jones

Why does everyone think Cincy needs another Wide receiver? They took Owens this year out of luxury more than anything and just because they are not going to resign him doesn't mean that they need another WR. They won't part with Ocho either, at least not this year. Palmer is making took much money for his level of play and he sure as shit isn't going to take a pay cut so his ass will be gone. They still have an option on Ocho and they will use it. After Ocho you have Shipley who is good #2 and they have even more good depth behind him. They won't use a #1 pick on a WR, more than likely they will go DE.

Well, considering almost every mock draft is plotting Cincy to take A.J. Green, thats why.

Not the ones I have been looking at. I don't tend to read every basement dweller's blog mock draft and I mostly go off the ones you get on ESPN. The latest one is just the top 5 picks, but none are expected to to take AJ Green and they have Cincy taking the DE from Auburn or Clemson, I can't quite remember.

You remember every mock draft having us taking Earl Thomas.... How did that work out? We ended up taking a complete stud in Joe Haden.

I like Julio Jones, AJ Green but I think Blackmon is better than both of them. He is fast, and really good pass catcher. Reminds me of Terrell Owens.

Not the ones I have been looking at. I don't tend to read every basement dweller's blog mock draft and I mostly go off the ones you get on ESPN. The latest one is just the top 5 picks, but none are expected to to take AJ Green and they have Cincy taking the DE from Auburn or Clemson, I can't quite remember.

They have Cinci taking Daquan Bowers, which makes sense. They need help on defense badly. They were pretty much dead last on sacks. They need a good defensive end that can help them pass the rusher.

You remember every mock draft having us taking Earl Thomas.... How did that work out? We ended up taking a complete stud in Joe Haden.

I like Julio Jones, AJ Green but I think Blackmon is better than both of them. He is fast, and really good pass catcher. Reminds me of Terrell Owens.

Honestly as long as we don't take Jones. I'm just not really high on the guy. The only thing I can really see is that he can play hurt with little down play to his game, but the dropped passes just make me think of another Edwards.

Honestly as long as we don't take Jones. I'm just not really high on the guy. The only thing I can really see is that he can play hurt with little down play to his game, but the dropped passes just make me think of another Edwards.

He's really fast tho. Speed kills...

Hey man, I'm not arguing with you. If they take Green, that sucks but we'll take Julio or Blackmon, but if Green is there.. he's our guy.

Hey man, I'm not arguing with you. If they take Green, that sucks but we'll take Julio or Blackmon, but if Green is there.. he's our guy.

Honestly, in my opinion, Blackmon is the better pick than Green. I know that doesn't make much sense, but here me out, we're running the west coast offense next season. Blackmon is a very physical reciever, and he has speed, to boot. He also runs good routes. He's our man if Green isn't there, and if Blackmon isnt there, it's simple we take Patrick Peterson cornerback from LSU.

Honestly, in my opinion, Blackmon is the better pick than Green. I know that doesn't make much sense, but here me out, we're running the west coast offense next season. Blackmon is a very physical reciever, and he has speed, to boot. He also runs good routes. He's our man if Green isn't there, and if Blackmon isnt there, it's simple we take Patrick Peterson cornerback from LSU.

Why exactly do we take a CB when when one of the areas that we need to work on the least is the secondary. If there is not a WR we are willing to take with the 6th pick, we either try to move back or we draft DE. I know it sounds good to have two shut down corners, but like the Bills picking Spiller last year, it would be a luxury pick.

Plus it depends more on who we pick depending on which offense we end up running. WCO I think we pick Green over Blackmon, anything else I think we consider taking Blackmon over Green.

I have Blackmon and Green as 1a and 1b they to me are the two best recievers in this years class, i dont want Julio Jones i perfer ethier Green or Blackmon and i will be satisfied

But i do see Cincy taking A.J. Green just read something where they will not pick up Ocho extension and he will walk as a F/A, and we all know they are not bringing back Owens so i do see them grabbing Green.. So i say ethier we trade back and grab Blackmon or we just take him there because i say by the time the draft comes around and combine and everything is over Blackmon will be there will Green as far as best reciever in this class

I have Blackmon and Green as 1a and 1b they to me are the two best recievers in this years class, i dont want Julio Jones i perfer ethier Green or Blackmon and i will be satisfied

But i do see Cincy taking A.J. Green just read something where they will not pick up Ocho extension and he will walk as a F/A, and we all know they are not bringing back Owens so i do see them grabbing Green.. So i say ethier we trade back and grab Blackmon or we just take him there because i say by the time the draft comes around and combine and everything is over Blackmon will be there will Green as far as best reciever in this class

Lewis back with Palmer and Ocho

Walker talks about Lewis saying that he will not release Palmer and says that Ocho is still under contract for next season, hinting that they will not let him go either.

Thanks everything i had heard was that he was getting outta cincy things for the heads up we may have a shot at Green at number 6 then, but really is Shipley a #2 receiver and how much does ochco stinko have left in the tank they are looking for another young receiver as well i guess just depends on how high they have him on there board... Also Desmon Briscoe who i thought was a great pick for them was cut by them and went to Tampa and has been doing really well

Thanks everything i had heard was that he was getting outta cincy things for the heads up we may have a shot at Green at number 6 then, but really is Shipley a #2 receiver and how much does ochco stinko have left in the tank they are looking for another young receiver as well i guess just depends on how high they have him on there board... Also Desmon Briscoe who i thought was a great pick for them was cut by them and went to Tampa and has been doing really well

Honestly just from my guy I feel like they will take next year to finally see what they have in their young guys and keep Ocho. At soonest they might spend another 2nd rounder on a WR but I personally even think that's a stretch.

Not Blackmon, not at #6...

Draft is too deep in WR's, and our LB need is too great...

Pettis (Boise St) will be there in R2... Even with a trade down...

Blackmon will be as good as Green at the next level you can save this post and bring it back up if you want, i believe he is right there on par with him and Green is a special player as good as Dez Byrant was last year just wasnt in the right system to get enough exposure and he still put up nice numbers...Also next year Alshon Jeffery is going to be special as well

If we pick a wr that high I just hope we don't end up with a diva. It seems like the starring role goes to their head or something. I prefer that the defense have the attitude. Id rather have crazy ass Harrison as a LB than crazy ass TO at WR anyday.

Blackmon and Green both have great skills, pick the dude with the best tude!

Braylon

TO

Ocho

V. Jackson

Moss

B. Marshall

M. Crabtree

S. Holmes

You can keep those cancers!

A. Johnson

Bowe

C. Johnson

D. Jackson

P. Harvin

L. Fitz

Nicks

G. Jennings

Those are the kind of guys I want. They all put up good numbers but don't always blend well in the lockerroom. JMO

Why does everyone think Cincy needs another Wide receiver? They took Owens this year out of luxury more than anything and just because they are not going to resign him doesn't mean that they need another WR. They won't part with Ocho either, at least not this year. Palmer is making too much money for his level of play and he sure as shit isn't going to take a pay cut so his ass will be gone. They still have an option on Ocho and they will use it. After Ocho you have Shipley who is good #2 and they have even more good depth behind him. They won't use a #1 pick on a WR, more than likely they will go DE.

Absolutely. I disagree on dumping Palmer, though he's never been the same after his knee got blown out. They'll take BPA defense in the first round- Fairley or something on that order.

The Bengals are VERY high on Shipley, and will more than likely pick up Stinko's option. But- if anyone's going to snag Green ahead of us it's Buffalo.

Carolina will certainly take Luck if he come out. Denver's defense- well sucked donkey, so no brainer where they're going with that pick.

LOL, Bleacher Report is on crack if they think Newton, Mallet, and Locker are all going to get drafted in the top 10.

I think Justin Blackmon should be the pick at six. He has a decent amount of speed, size and runs decent routes. He is also good at adjusting to the ball.

He may not declare.

Walter's mock has us taking this guy (if we don't get Green, or go D in the first round. Jon Baldwin

My feeling is we will go D line in the first round.

I think we will switch to a 4-3 making a D lineman a must.

We can forget Rogers. He is a situational player at best. The guy can't stay on the field more than 3-4 plays before he has to suck a tank of oxygen.

My feeling is we will go D line in the first round.

I think we will switch to a 4-3 making a D lineman a must.

We can forget Rogers. He is a situational player at best. The guy can't stay on the field more than 3-4 plays before he has to suck a tank of oxygen.

AGREED. We need to build the D with the first pick or 2. We really don't need a blazing deep threat, because that's not what our qb can do on every play. We need someone that can run well time precise routes in the so called WCO we will be implementing. We will go DL, and to the guy who wants patrick peterson from LSU, I have watched about 12 games or so of his career and the dude is a monster. Haden, Ward, and Peterson would be probably the best secondary in the NFL in one year.

Why does everyone think Cincy needs another Wide receiver? They took Owens this year out of luxury more than anything and just because they are not going to resign him doesn't mean that they need another WR. They won't part with Ocho either, at least not this year. Palmer is making took much money for his level of play and he sure as shit isn't going to take a pay cut so his ass will be gone. They still have an option on Ocho and they will use it. After Ocho you have Shipley who is good #2 and they have even more good depth behind him. They won't use a #1 pick on a WR, more than likely they will go DE.

simple, chad ochocinco is gone. that's a simple fact. even if the bengals decide to resign to they will still need a receiver for the future. this will solve this problem.

Archived